MD/DC/VA Golfers - Twelve Monkeys Mental Divergence

> @MountainGoat said:

> Rattlewood Member for a day is $50? It was $35 last year. Maybe that was the senior rate.

I didn’t even know if was Member for a Day when I paid. I offered to buy the range balls and she told told me what it included. Love that place.

Ping Rapture 14 Stiff Saishin (sp)
Ping Rapture 21 vs Proto Stiff
Ping Zing 4-SW Stiff
Ping Eye 2 Plus LW
Ping Cadence B65

• Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheCityGame

• dcmidnight

• FAbb

• SullGolf

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With great regret, I am posting today to inform you all that our friend GMen has passed away. His death was unexpected. I have no details and am awaiting info on funeral services and how best to send

Field Report: 2nd Swing Wilmington DE     After Christmas, my son uttered the words that every 90's shooter golfer longs to hear out of his progeny, in the hopes that they can live vica

This was my Version 2, 36 hours of fridge fermentation and a 75/25 mozzarella and provolone blend. I forgot I had a vented pan and this cooked up in about 7 minutes in a 425 degree convection cycle. 

Posted Images

> @Ogre41 said:

> > @MountainGoat said:

> > Rattlewood Member for a day is $50? It was $35 last year. Maybe that was the senior rate.

>

> I didn’t even know if was Member for a Day when I paid. I offered to buy the range balls and she told told me what it included. Love that place.

Rattlewood has matured into quite a nice course, and it's pretty well run. When it was first built, it was total garbage. These days, there are only a couple of weak holes. #9 has never been a favorite of mine, and #18 is not a great finishing hole. Other than that, it's a pretty decent layout.

It was ugly. Skins are in the running for worst team in the league. They should have a fire-sale for the trade deadline. Get whatever you can for Williams and maybe Kerrigan. Get some cap space. Really need some playmakers

Nats bullpen is going to end their season early. Need to resign Rendon and hopefully Strasburg. I think Zimmerman has a club option. Should probably drop that. Put Rodney on the first bus out of town. I'll be living and dying with them and Max again tonight.

Well, fun weekend.

I'll put the lede right up front : Fabb and I won the Maryland Cup yesterday at PB Dye with a score of -6.

Prologue : there's two other guys from Turf who were playing in it and we were going to play PB Dye Friday with them to get ready, but PBD had an outing. We moved that contest to TV. Those two guys are probably our second best A-team. One guy is spring medal champ. They both out drive both of us, but we gave them as good as we got. We went full stroke play and ended up losing to them by a stroke. It wasn't Fabb's A game, but I wasn't concerned as he always plays like crud there and he did roll in one 50 foot birdie and made some nice putts. Best part of the day was we doubled hole 2 to go down 2, and then we went birdie birdie birdie, and finished the front with another birdie.

Chapter 1 : Fabb and I start on hole 8 at PB Dye (shotgun). . .the kidney shaped par 3. It's 195 uphill, into the wind, pin tucked back right. A fine how-do-you-do. Fabb sticks a hybrid to about 8 feet and sinks it for a great start. Then, he pounds one down the middle on hole 9. His next shot. . .hard pulls a 5 iron which hits the cart parking area, bounces ONTO THE ROOF OF THE CART BARN, misses going over by a foot, rolls off the roof, bounces off the top of a cart, back through the parking area, and rolls back down near the green. Totally hilarious. He saves bogey and I just miss my par putt.

Chapter 2 : par par par par par par par par how many was that?

Chapter 3 : I birdie 17 with a 2 frutt with Fabb out of the hole (-1). Fabb pars 18 with me out of the hole. Fabb rolls in a BOMB on 1. (-2). Fabb chips in on 2 (-3). I make a 2 foot birdie on 3. (-4). Here we run into the teams behind us which is the TV guys, and a very good Maryland Am who Fabb was familiar with. They're all at -2 (but all looking at birdie on 3), and Fabb and I are like "hmmmmm". We make pretty easy pars on 4/5/6.

Chapter 4 : It's dawning on us that we have a chance at this thing. The guys we're playing with said that -5 won it last year and that course was playing easier. So, we're thinking 5 might be a good number, but we're also thinking someone could be out there with a -8 or -10 so who knows. Fabb and I both SMASH drives on 7 (the par 5 over the gunch). I tug mine a little and I hit into a fairway bunker that I didn't know existed. I get a 6 iron up near the green. Then, Fabb steps up to his shot. . .he's left rough, sort of a sidehiller and hits a 6 iron that never left the stick. One guy says, "go in". It came up about 5/6 feet short. . .couple inches of break, and Fabb knocks it in dead center. Big fist pump from Fabb.

Turns out the guys in front of us had just 3-putted from 15 feet for par on that same hole and that guy looked salty. They finished at -5.

We just played a really good fourball. Had 2 looks at birdie all over the place. Almost every case where we did the "see if you make it to free me up", we made it. Got aggressive when the other guy was good, but never "played safe" when the other guy was out. We missed some makeable putts, but we drained every 5/6 footer that mattered, and there were plenty. They had tough pins out there. The win gets us membership at Waverly, Worthington, PB Dye, Blue Mash and Musket Ridge for a year.

Epilogue : $980 in the skins pool ($20 team entry). Not one skin cleared. We REALLY thought Fabb's birdie on 8 or eagle on 7 would do it. At my course, eagles can't get cut. That would have been nice. They decided to give the $980 to the staff. Everyone was happy with this.

• Like 1

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Man! When you said the eagle was on 7, I didn't realize that was your closing hole, and to win by 1. That's awesome. And that there was a birdie on 8.

That's the sort of good mojo that will carry you through the rest of the season (minus the 7s obviously), and then follow you for every round you play at WM/WW/PBDye/BM/Musket next year.

Hard to follow up with that awesomeness

-8 under net was the score of our opponents on our foursome 9 hole score (not sure their handicap but 5 and 6 strokes)

Alternate.. a hurt ourselves. Had a chance and just some weird shots from both of us.

Singles.. played better. Came to 18 tied and finish tied. Club champ got snipe by a chip in on 17.

Final score was close 11.5/12.5

I feel sorry for + handicaps in any stroke play. Hard to look at the baby.

Just goes to shows some groups play a lot together more than most of us.

Thanks setting up eagle and Ben

• Like 1

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

I can cut the specifics, since City hit things well already.

It was really exciting to get that win yesterday. If I wasn't such a reserved person, I might've let out a wispy scream after burying that eagle on the last hole. I was ELECTRIFIED.

City and I were the proverbial ham and egg. He's such a good partner. He's GREAT on and around the greens, which is huge for momentum. He's gonna roll some birds in, and he's gonna make some par saves to keep things alive. He made some real nails putts for the team yesterday. Watching him step up and pepper fairways just puts me at ease, too. I also don't ever feel pressure from him for whatever reason. He's a much more intense competitor than me, but I don't ever feel like I've got the weight of him on my shoulders. He just goes out and does his thing, and pushes me to keep in it and grind. I think he's got me figured out, too. Sometimes the overthinking that's relegated to my own head when I'm playing alone comes out verbally when I've got a partner. For example, we're on 4 yesterday, and I'm in a great spot after my drive with a tweener wedge yardage. I start waffling out loud a bit, and City goes, "Be a golfer." It was exactly the right thing to say. I could've probably hit either club and been fine. Just pick one, and hit a golf shot.

I had yesterday marked as the last real serious round for the year. I had intended to keep up practicing and playing as much as possible between the Club Championship and yesterday, but things didn't really work out that way. Friday at Turf ended up being the first time I played my own ball since the CC, and paired up with the Turf Valley curse, it was a debacle. City's guys probably thought I was about a 12 handicap after that round. Thankfully City was phenomenal that day, and carried us enough to keep it close. I wasn't worried though, and told him as much after. I knew that time on the course was going to be huge for being ready on Sunday, regardless of how I played. I snuck away for about an hour and change on Saturday, to smack a few balls, and hit some putts over at Hobbits. I felt ready, and confident yesterday. It was awesome to go out there and contribute to the team. Making that closing 3 is not something I'll soon forget.

• Like 1

> @misplacedtexan83 said:

> Hard to follow up with that awesomeness

>

> -8 under net was the score of our opponents on our foursome 9 hole score (not sure their handicap but 5 and 6 strokes)

>

> Alternate.. a hurt ourselves. Had a chance and just some weird shots from both of us.

>

> Singles.. played better. Came to 18 tied and finish tied. Club champ got snipe by a chip in on 17.

>

> Final score was close 11.5/12.5

>

> I feel sorry for + handicaps in any stroke play. Hard to look at the baby.

>

> Just goes to shows some groups play a lot together more than most of us.

>

> Thanks setting up eagle and Ben

Whoa. More info on the event?

This was (mostly) Woodmore guys vs. some DC area team at Woodmore? Was it 27. . . I see a fourball, foursome, and singles there?

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

> @TheCityGame said:

> > @misplacedtexan83 said:

> > Hard to follow up with that awesomeness

> >

> > -8 under net was the score of our opponents on our foursome 9 hole score (not sure their handicap but 5 and 6 strokes)

> >

> > Alternate.. a hurt ourselves. Had a chance and just some weird shots from both of us.

> >

> > Singles.. played better. Came to 18 tied and finish tied. Club champ got snipe by a chip in on 17.

> >

> > Final score was close 11.5/12.5

> >

> > I feel sorry for + handicaps in any stroke play. Hard to look at the baby.

> >

> > Just goes to shows some groups play a lot together more than most of us.

> >

> > Thanks setting up eagle and Ben

>

> Whoa. More info on the event?

>

> This was (mostly) Woodmore guys vs. some DC area team at Woodmore? Was it 27. . . I see a fourball, foursome, and singles there?

Nope bunch of hive guys.

Virginia Korean club that play events like this all of the time.

Four ball, alternate shot and singles 27 holes

Capital Cup 2.0

protos F4

The format was 27 holes, Back 9 Fourball (starting), Front 9 alt shot (not modified), Back 9 Singles matches.

I was paired up with Ober. Our play was nothing short of mediocre for the first 9. A lot of scrambly par-saves, often times one of us was in some real trouble. We lost 2 down as our opponents (getting 6 strokes) made two or three natural birdies, one net eagle.

Alt shot was much better. We took turns putting ourselves in some weird positions but hit a LOT of GIRs, or really good recovery shots. Some of the pins out there were brutal - Holes 6 & 8 especially (top shelf on 6, front edge on 8 that was near impossible to make). We won one up on hole 9 after knocking in par.

Singles Ober and I were donating 7 and 5 strokes respectively. I started playing some real golf and going for some really clean pars early on and putting the pressure on my opponent, taking a 4 up lead through 5 and put the match dormie. Ober turned it up as well starting at hole #12 or 13 and was nuking drives on perfect lines, really putting the stress on his opponent. You could start to see the energy fading from their early birdie runs and they were just trying to keep up. I won the match 3 up on 16 after my opponent and I put ourselves in some comically bad positions, and then making a total mockery on the green. Ober won on 17, really had his opponent pretty stressed with how much further he was up in the fairway and how well he was rolling the rock. Jeff was a great playing partner and we did a good job trying to stay out of eachother's heads - we noted on the putting green that we're both massive headcases and there's no need to have another voice in there.

It was a great event. It definitely was a long day and I'm now ready to take a break from golf to let my ulnar nerve recover... My post wedding golf + this weekend has made it so my right arm is mostly numb from shoulder to little finger, now creeping into my ring finger.

> @"top.h" said:

> It was a great event. It definitely was a long day and I'm now ready to take a break from golf to let my ulnar nerve recover... My post wedding golf + this weekend has made it so my right arm is mostly numb from shoulder to little finger, now creeping into my ring finger.

You're sure that's ulnar nerve and not something in your neck?

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

> @TheCityGame said:

> > @"top.h" said:

> > It was a great event. It definitely was a long day and I'm now ready to take a break from golf to let my ulnar nerve recover... My post wedding golf + this weekend has made it so my right arm is mostly numb from shoulder to little finger, now creeping into my ring finger.

>

> You're sure that's ulnar nerve and not something in your neck?

It could be. I'm going to get it checked out. I've had ulnar nerve issues in the past from lifting weights and it was similar, I was probably (incorrectly) assuming it was the same issue flaring up again.

> @"top.h" said:

> > @TheCityGame said:

> > > @"top.h" said:

> > > It was a great event. It definitely was a long day and I'm now ready to take a break from golf to let my ulnar nerve recover... My post wedding golf + this weekend has made it so my right arm is mostly numb from shoulder to little finger, now creeping into my ring finger.

> >

> > You're sure that's ulnar nerve and not something in your neck?

>

> It could be. I'm going to get it checked out. I've had ulnar nerve issues in the past from lifting weights and it was similar, I was probably (incorrectly) assuming it was the same issue flaring up again.

My only experience is that wife used to get that lot. . .right down into the pinky finger and she was getting nerves pinched in her neck. She had stenosis (or whatever it's called). She's had some neck vertebrae fused.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Paired up with Endless yesterday against the enemy. Haven't played much golf since about mid-June so the game has been hit or miss when I have gone out. Handicap is killing me right now because I'm not getting enough rounds in to drop the two lowest rounds of my life from the first part of the year. As a result I'm playing behind the 8ball and serving as liability in net competitions.

Props to Endless for looking past that for the team up. Had a blast playing with him as usual!

Our church picnic ended up turning into a mass football game which I was determined not to lose and definitely paid for it yesterday (still paying for it today). Had a tough time moving around yesterday to begin with but got some Ibuprofen in the system to try and help out.

Started out on the range striping the ball with a baby fade that I was glad to see, but that all changed when I reached the first tee box.

We started on 10 with four-ball and things did not get off the a great start. Hit the worst 3 wood in months on 10 just moments after blistering 5 in a row on the range. We got hit with net eagle on the first hole and it ended up happening again later in the first match. The guys we played against were extremely solid throughout the four-ball section and neither myself or Endless played well in that part (I was in the +5 range through 9 holes). The one bright spot during that time frame was the tee ball.

I have no idea where the nice irons I was hitting on the range went but they disappeared for virtually the rest of the day and ended up just having to try and get it to 130 out so I could hit a 50 into the greens which just so happened to be the only club getting it next to the hole.

To make a long story short, we lost the four-ball section 2 down thanks to some pour play on our part and some really strong play from our opponents. This left both Endless and myself fairly well pissed off and under no illusions that we were in a "friendly match" anymore

After meeting with Captain Eagle on the 10th tee it was decided to stop screwing around and play golf.

At this point in the round, my driver decided to get hot and the tee shot on 1 was a fine example. We were at least 60 yards ahead of our opponents in the middle of the fairway. Endless stepped up and hit it inside 6 feet which secured a win thanks to our opponents drawing a fried egg in the bunker.

Shortly after that we ran into some rough patches thanks to a couple shots on my part including 2 driving irons into the hazard on both par 5 after great drives from Endless.

I managed to convince Endless to enter the pond/mud (in his white pants) and play the second hazard shot out in an attempt to make par and halve the hole. He executed the hack out perfectly with minimal damage to his pants. I proceeded to hit the wedge inside 2ft for a gimme par that halved the hole when our opponents 3 putted from above the hole.

We won 2 up on #9 thanks to an Endless two putt and we were 1-1 on the day heading into singles play

I was giving up 7 shots in singles and Endless was straight up with his guy. Our opponents both lost steam toward the end but we both played some great golf coming in with Endless winning his last 4 holes. I closed out my match on 18 with a 2 putt birdie to win 1 up in a 9 hole stretch that included a birdie on #11, hole-in-one on #12, birdie on #15, and #birdie on 18

• Like 3

Nice recap, Sterling.

Seriously missing a picture of endlesss in white pants playing out of a hazard, though.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

> @TheCityGame said:

> Nice recap, Sterling.

>

> Seriously missing a picture of endlesss in white pants playing out of a hazard, though.

There was no photo-graphical evidence due to the fact that we were 1 up with 2 to play, currently laying 2 in the hazard with our opponents on in 3 and stroking....so my apologies, i will do better next time City

> @FAbb said:

> > @Sterling_247 said:

> > hole-in-one on #12

>

> Most casual hole-in-one announcement, maybe ever. I hear it's actually ON VIDEO.

>

> ... let's go to the tape!

>

>

>

I have seen the video which was nice since I never saw the ball come down, when I hit it I thought it was long. I only knew it went in when I turned around and Endless was flying at me through the air.

I'm currently waiting on a copy of the video and therefore am unable to share at this time. I will update the thread once I receive it or @eagle1997 can throw it out there for everyone.

Crazy two hole in ones that day and another one stopped a inch from the hole.

protos F4

Dude in preview pic of video is our old buddy Go_Time. He made his own hole in one earlier in the day on Hole 9. Odds of making -then witnessing- a hole in one in same day has to be astronomical.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

Really, just watch it on mute. My voice could not be more grating. Lol.

Got another video of Mosser walking up to pull it out of the cup. So chill. Dude is also very concerned about making sure he's fully repaired his ball mark. A golfer and a gentleman.

• Like 1

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

Video was blocked because the auto-censors saw go time's mustache and assumed it was a p.o.r.n.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green