MD/DC/VA Golfers - Twelve Monkeys Mental Divergence

eagle1997

> @eagle1997 said:

> Really, just watch it on mute. My voice could not be more grating. Lol.

>

> Got another video of Mosser walking up to pull it out of the cup. So chill. Dude is also very concerned about making sure he's fully repaired his ball mark. A golfer and a gentleman.

I personally enjoyed the commentating

> @XHoop24 said:

> City - are you using the G400 Max or still hitting the Unicorn? Any thoughts on the 400 max?

>

>

MoSSt forGIBVing DIRVer I EvER hIT. PoINT and SHHOT. CaN wORK iT BOth WAys WiTH EASY. CUtS ThroGH HTE WEIND> LoW SPIn HIGh TRAJ aSLo HIgGH PSiN LOW trAJ!!!!!

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

But, seriously, I really do like the G400 Max with the REGULAR FLEX X-Torsion copper shaft. 10.5º, set to "big minus".

I've had a couple of really nice days with it. . .

vqrb5n45ks26.png

And some good scores.

j49jvold1f6c.jpg

I had a couple "brain cloud" rounds in there, and the 35.7 FW's was in very windy conditions. I hit a couple drives yesterday that went right where I wanted, but didn't get the fairway.

I don't know if it's longer or straighter than my other driver, but I do feel I'm getting similar performance out of it without having to "go at it". The shaft has a different characteristic and I feel like I can trust the shaft more. I think this is from having a higher kick point.

It's a driver that doesn't want to go right, and goes left very easily. I think it has a great sound. I like how all the crud on the crown lines me up. Fabb was still past me yesterday, mostly, but some were close. He seems to have a way to get more roll. I'm like a quarter iron longer than him, but a bit shorter with the D. It's very weird to me.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

That was some awesome golf being played this weekend. Congrats to all.

I got out to Musket Ridge for the first time yesterday. Really loved the course. I was on the struggle bus on the front 9 and shot 53. Lost a few balls and had a couple of 3 putts. I did better on the back and shot a 45, but still had a couple of 3 putts. I can't wait to get back for another crack at it.

I did birdie the par 3 13th hole. The pin was up front, playing 158. I hit a nice high 6h right at it. It landed about 10 feet in front of the hole, took a hop, hit the stick, and settled 2 feet away. I probably jinxed it by saying "get in the hole" right after contact. It wasn't until later on when I saw that all my internet friends had aces on the day and it made me thankful I didn't have to share my potential glory with them.

"Brain Cloud" is a decent band name, a better cannabis strain, and a 100% fantastic subtle movie reference to a vastly underrated Tom Hanks movie.

If you've never seen "Joe vs. the Volcano," make time for it.

Pre-Ruined-by-Russel-Crowe Meg Ryan is great in it as well. And Ugly Tom Hanks Haircut dominates the first third of the movie. It's "Davinci Code" level bad hair.

Not sure, but I feel like I've recommended JVTV before in here. Someone figure out if the search function is working.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

I don't hate work.

But, there's a part of me that knows at a fundamental level that I -- and we as a species -- are definitely not supposed to do it so much.

![](https://66.media.tumblr.com/183f47253ab314e128dfa3f5605c1fe6/tumblr_pc3anrRD431slch00o2_r1_1280.png "")

It might go back to seeing that movie at an impressionable age.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

working on getting all the pics in the photo album for yesterday's match play event.

here's the leading contender for "most meme-able" series so far.

![](https://i.imgflip.com/3cmvcj.jpg "")

• Like 1

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

there's a podcast called "plugged in golf" that has Adam Young on the most recent episode.

If you follow him already, there's not much new to it, but I think most people would get a lot out of it.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Sterling with a great recap of our team. We both played like crap the first 9 and deserved to lose. Both got less talkative to them and stepped it up with alt shot. -2 under thru 3 with some great team work and great shots. He left me in some interesting spots after the second shots on both par 5s. Yes, I was one foot in the mud, white pants, hitting the ball sideways.....but it was the right call for sure. Pants were a bit speckled but whatever. Won the middle 2 up. Singles I was straight up against the one that had three birdies, over the 18 and was solid. Won the first hole, lost ball left on 11, Lost 12 after trying to get my nerves back after Sterlings hole in 1, halved 13, lost 14, won 15 with a bogie after he dunked it in the water, won 16 after being behind a tree on my drive, bogie, won 17 with a par and won 18 with a par after topping my drive just past the ladies tees. We both played great on the last 9. Sterling giving 7 needed he B+ game to win on 18, as the guy he played was steady Eddie. Both competitors were rolling in putts that they had no chance to make which was crazy. We took 3 out of 4 points so happy with that. Our games blended really well on Alt Shot.

Fun event, great to play competitive golf again. Thank you to everyone who played.

• Like 1

Huge congratulations to City and Fabb. That's incredibly cool and some really clutch golf at the end.

Capital Cup 2.0 was enormously fun. As I think endless said at one point, we were just hemorrhaging strokes out there on almost every match. Toph and I had a rough fourball because we couldn't make any birdies and they ham and egged it extremely well. As he said, I think they ended up with like two gross birdies (one a net eagle to close us out) and a couple other net birdies. Tough to compete against that when we weren't knocking down flagsticks.

Foursomes was a blast (no one ever plays foursomes these days and it's so much fun) despite some comical short game and putting on the par 5s. We both drove it extremely well and had some real clutch putts. And singles were great--both our opponents were clearly gassed and started to fall apart. We played with the President of GolfDMV and he could not have been more gracious. I wish I could have stayed longer to hang out with everyone afterwards.

I'm very thankful to Eagle and Endless for setting up the Capitol Cup. I don't think I can play 7s this year, so it was great to get in at least one more competition with everyone.

• Like 1

Figures I enter the Masters ticket lottery every year with no luck and I enter the Ryder Cup lottery one year and get selected. (Must be lower standards)

If any hivers want to go to the Ryder Cup in 2020 hit me up. Tix on sale 10/14

• Like 1

Callaway GBB Epic Flash 9*
Callaway GBB Epic Flash 15* 
Callaway Epic 2H Recoil Black 780 ES F4
Callaway Rogue Pro Black 4-AW Recoil 110 F4
Callaway JAWS Full Face 54* Recoil 110 F4
Callaway PM Grind Black 60* KBS Tour V Stiff
MACHINE Damascus M4
BestGrips MicroPerf grips 

b4r1sx4b9wei.jpeg

TTT? GTT? I forget the acronym:

So here's the issue with my wrist. I tried to attach a photo of the x-ray up there but it may not have worked. The short of it is that I have a fracture, and that I have a bit of bone protruding out of my main forearm bone (radius?) right where it should be nestled up against my wrist bones. The protrusion is a bit of the tip that's broken off. That's why I have a wicked little bump there. Serious pain when swinging, can't bear significant weight, but otherwise no real quality of life issues. The doctor says I have two options:

1. Surgery. They shave down that bit of bone, which just leaves a gap of where it was supposed to be. If all goes well, that's it. Bump gone, pain gone. Recovery time of at least three months with no golf. However, could be some "instability", which may necessitate some additional hardware in there to stabilize things. Also may get some scar tissue that interacts with the nerves there, which could cause some pain and/or tingling. Not great side effects.

2. No surgery. Immobilizing cast for a time, coupled with bone growth aid in the form of ultrasound waves a couple times a day. Would stabilize the broken bone in place so that there shouldn't be any pain. However, bump would be permanent, and also no guarantee that this would work.

Doctor recommends surgery and he seems like a straight shooter. His main concern is the scar tissue issue.

So, has anyone done anything like this before? Any advice or cautionary tales? Any particular follow-up questions you would recommend?

Not ideal, but at least I'll have the off season to recover/rehab, whichever one I choose.

And you bet your minge I'm still going to Pinehurst in two weeks.

> @dagoose383 said:

> Figures I enter the Masters ticket lottery every year with no luck and I enter the Ryder Cup lottery one year and get selected. (Must be lower standards)

>

> If any hivers want to go to the Ryder Cup in 2020 hit me up. Tix on sale 10/14

I was having trouble understanding if everyone "won" the lottery or if I was just that lucky. I got the same email. We are planning to go to Rome in 2022 when the Ryder Cup is there, so this is a good sign that tickets will be attainable in 2 years.

Whistling Straits would make for a good Ryder Cup if you could attach a golf trip to it. I know a few folks here have played up there and loved it.

Rome 2022 does sound pretty darn appealing though from a spectator standpoint. I need to just follow CJ around and steal all his good ideas. I would love to see them play Bethpage in 2024, but the obnoxiousness of the fans is going to be way above my enjoyment level.

Ober, no comment on your decision. Sounds like you've got it well under control.

> @Von_Oberhausen said:

> Serious pain when swinging, can't bear significant weight, but **otherwise no real quality of life issues.**

>

![](https://media.giphy.com/media/xT1Ra0mydViKZJm0oM/giphy.gif "")

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

> @Von_Oberhausen said:

>

> So, has anyone done anything like this before? Any advice or cautionary tales? Any particular follow-up questions you would recommend?

>

Did someone say, "City, you got any crack pot medical theories for us today?"

Why yes, I do.

So, V_O, I'd start by asking the doctor what happens if I just leave it. He'll give you some bull crud answer that I'd ignore.

Like the dumbest thing that can happen is you get it fixed one way or the other and then it just happens again playing golf.

But, if it's broken you're not going to break it more, deal with it. You might get used to the pain.

And it sounds like I'm being funny, but it's hurt now. You played this weekend. You've already said you're playing in two weeks. So, it's clearly not debilitating. What **I'D** do is something like, after Pinehurst take it real easy for a few weeks, but keep using it (I don't like immobilizing it). Let it heal up under "light usage"; I don't like bones healing while being immobilized. It takes longer, but I think they heal in a more functional position.

Then, if it was still clearly, irreparably not getting better at all, then I'd consider my options.

You're welcome.

Also, that part where I said I'd start by asking the doctor what happens if I just leave it. I'd skip that part.

• Like 1

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Yeah, doctor was an orthopedist for sure. He's the second one I've been to--other one was an old guy that completely whiffed on all of this.

I agree that non-surgical usually seems like a better idea, but I've rested it for weeks at a time in the past year and it doesn't really get better (hence I've only played something like 15 rounds of golf this year). If I can get it fixed, I'd rather do that sooner than later.

So I'd lean towards the cast and ultrasound option, but want to make sure that nothing will be weird about having a bone spur kind of solidify in place there. Could have range of motion issues that will affect more than just golf. Good thing it's a left wrist injury--certainly couldn't abide anything interfering with the right wrist...