MD/DC/VA Golfers - Twelve Monkeys Mental Divergence

Golf fitness talk:

I was given a free pass to Bikram Yoga, colloquially referred to as hot yoga. I've never done yoga formally, but my flexibility is disgustingly bad so I decided to give it a shot yesterday after work. It was 90 minutes of various poses and stretches in a room that they kept between 106-108 degrees. At times it was strenuous and at other times relaxing. Twenty minutes in, I thought there was no chance I would make it the full 90 minutes but my breathing got better as I got used to the heat/forced myself to relax. I was one of 3 guys out of 20 people, you do the math, in what I would consider a very favorable guy/girl ratio. The other two guys took their tarps off immediately so I followed suit. The women were wearing about what they would wear to the beach and I won't say anything more on that as this is a family friendly forum

I'm a little sore today, noticeably dehydrated, but I feel loose and awake after getting rid of all those toxins. The whole time I couldn't help but wonder if this will help me get a bigger turn and pick up 1.2 mph of club head speed. Everything relates back to golf.

Excited to watch Tiger today

• Like 1
  • Replies 23.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheCityGame

• FAbb

• dcmidnight

• SullGolf

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ah, eff it. It's a little self indulgent, but I wrote almost 4k words while they were fresh n my mind and just decided to post it on an old wordpress blog that I created a few years ago to do some wor

Pics                         

When I signed up to play, my wife and I were debating it- I would be gone all day, I would need to stop and shop at Trader Joe's Annapolis as penance, the forecast the week of wasn't looking good.  Th

Posted Images

I know City is big into hot yoga. Only sweats I care about right now though are DK sweats...

And one and done. I went with Finau this week in our opening week.

SIM Max 12* - HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5
SIM 15* 3W - Diamana 75s 
SIM 2i UDI Diamana Thump / 5i Steelfiber 95s
M5 6-AW Steelfiber 95s
TM Milled Grind 54* / 58*
Cleveland RTX 62*
Putter / TM TP5x Pix

Can someone please give the golf Channel a lesson in language. And why it matters. Just received their daily email, and two things in there are "off."

They say Bryson and Brooks have a "feud." Feud???? That's just banter back and forth. Good natured ribbing. Definitely not a feud. Cameron Smith-Patrick Reed...that's a feud.

And they call putting with the flag stick in "one of the biggest controversies of 2019." Again, not a controversy. A discussion, a debate, a thought provoking option that boils down to personal preference, but not a controversy.

Come on Golf Channel. Do better.

@FAbb ill take it
your sweat will help me become a better player

Callaway Mavrik SZ *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Allendale
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

I love how when you go to most grass ranges or at a club and there is a "do this, dont do this" sign about how to make divots on the range.

Pros dont give AF about any of that. Let me dig a big hole right here.

SIM 15* 3W - Diamana 75s 
M5 6-AW Steelfiber 95s
Cleveland RTX 62*
Putter / TM TP5x Pix

Thought it was pretty cool to see that Morikawa is the first pro to be paired with Tiger that was born after Tiger turned pro.

Crazy.

SIM 15* 3W - Diamana 75s 
M5 6-AW Steelfiber 95s
Cleveland RTX 62*
Putter / TM TP5x Pix

Potential World Tour Takes Aim At PGA Tour With Lucrative Individual And Team Concept — Geoff Shackelford This is interesting. My first reaction was "nope"

I don't think of golf as a team sport and something about appearance fees doesn't sit well with me

The top golfers have already amassed generational wealth so I don't see a little more money being something that influences them much. The mid-level guys, sure

The only thing about pro golf that seems off is that there are really only about 10 events each year that the top players absolutely don't want to miss. The rest are seen as tune up events or schedule fillers or opportunities to take their family on a vacation. There are so many tournaments to choose from that the top guys often aren't all playing the same events. DJ, Brooks, JT are all out this week for example

This new tour won't work but I'm always open to the PGA Tour making changes. The FedEx Cup has been a relative success so far I think

Its definitely interesting. I really don't care what tour runs an event, PGA Tour, European Tour, the new World Golf Tour. Give me good golf, on good courses, at the best hours available for my personal tv viewing and I'm in. If this leads to more of that, good, lets get it started.

Srixon z785 9.5'
Srixon F85 3W 15'
Ping G Hybrid - 18'
Mizuno JPX 900 HM 4 Iron
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged - 5-GW
Titleist SM7 54' and 58' - S Grind
Bobby Grace Tour Triple Diamond

I may be in the minority but I think there is already plenty of golf on tv throughout the year.

We have a "star driven global golf tour" already - its called the PGA Tour.

SIM 15* 3W - Diamana 75s 
M5 6-AW Steelfiber 95s
Cleveland RTX 62*
Putter / TM TP5x Pix