MD/DC/VA Golfers - Twelve Monkeys Mental Divergence

@gsrjc As far as instructors go, Junior takes lessons from Nick K, up at Cattail Creek.  Nick was Fabb's high school buddy, I believe.  Jr started with him when he was at Lakewood CC.  Cattail is more of a hike, but it's not too bad for us, 45 minutes to get there.

I've taken a few lessons from him and I believe Fonger and Garrett do to.

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheCityGame

• FAbb

• dcmidnight

• SullGolf

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ah, eff it. It's a little self indulgent, but I wrote almost 4k words while they were fresh n my mind and just decided to post it on an old wordpress blog that I created a few years ago to do some wor

Pics                         

When I signed up to play, my wife and I were debating it- I would be gone all day, I would need to stop and shop at Trader Joe's Annapolis as penance, the forecast the week of wasn't looking good.  Th

Posted Images

1 hour ago, davechen said:

@gsrjc As far as instructors go, Junior takes lessons from Nick K, up at Cattail Creek.  Nick was Fabb's high school buddy, I believe.  Jr started with him when he was at Lakewood CC.  Cattail is more of a hike, but it's not too bad for us, 45 minutes to get there.

I've taken a few lessons from him and I believe Fonger and Garrett do to.

Thanks. 

On 9/15/2020 at 5:51 PM, gsrjc said:

Recommendations on a good instructor?

Not sure where you're located. Steve Boshdosh at PB Dye. If you go there make sure it's Sr and not his son. 

If you're more downtown MoCo they guys at Bethesda are good also. 

Edited by mizuno player
Phrased sentence incorrect
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, mizuno player said:

Not sure where you're located. Steve Boshdosh at PB Dye. If you go there make sure it's Sr and not his son. 

If you're more downtown MoCo they guys at Bethesda are good also. 

New to forum, new to GolfWRX. Having said that, hello! Live in Potomac/Gaithersburg MD, just emailed Bosdosh for the first time. Been seeing Jim Estes at Olney Golf Park, great teacher just need a new set of eyes. How is Bosdosh as an instructor, any anecdotal experience to share? Thank you!

SIM 9 -- Ventus Blue 6X

Mavrik Sub Zero 3W @ 15 -- Fuji Speeder 757X TR

Titleist U500 3 @ 19 -- Fuji Atmos Black 9X

Mizuno JPX 921 T 4-6 -- DG TI X100

Mizuno MP 20 MB 7-P -- DG TI X100

Vokey SM7 Raw 50.12 54.10 58.08 @ 59 -- DG TI S400

TM Spider Tour White Chalk

43 minutes ago, WouldaShotEven said:

New to forum, new to GolfWRX. Having said that, hello! Live in Potomac/Gaithersburg MD, just emailed Bosdosh for the first time. Been seeing Jim Estes at Olney Golf Park, great teacher just need a new set of eyes. How is Bosdosh as an instructor, any anecdotal experience to share? Thank you!

Sorry, I haven't used him for lessons. ( I have a few friends that are PGA pros that I work with.) Met him several times and know a few that work with him. Nice guy and easy to talk to. The friends I know that use him have definitely improved. Hope that helps. 

21 minutes ago, SullGolf said:

In golf broadcasting, is there a better and more worthless skill than the camera guy that's really good at tracking the ball in the air?  It seems like it's the hardest camera shot anyone has to do, but it's also one of the most useless ones.

That's a guy I would want to have ONE beer with in a bar.  

• Like 1

Domes: "So you're the guy who records the ball in the air at PGA Tour Events!  Sounds fascinating!"

Ball Cameraman:  (slicks back mullet, moves toothpick to other side of his mouth)  "Yuuuupp, that's me. My pappy told me all about tracking small objects when we would hunt quail back in West Virginia.  So it just comes naturally to me.  (takes swing of Busch)  "Gotta tell, ya when Tiger switched to Bridgestone it was pure hell. Before I'd be able to hone in on that Nike Swoosh logo. Now , ya got that Bridgestone logo fluttering in the air and spinning, just awful.  Ruins the whole art of it."

Domes:  "How come you never seem to get a good visual on where the ball lands, like when it goes in the rough or a bunker?"

Ball Cameraman : "Aw, that ruins the whole thing!  Its all about getting that ball in the air, with that majestic flight!  With no idea where it came from or where its going!  Ya see...."

Domes interrupts : "Wow, look at the time!  Gotta go!  Nice to meet you!"

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
Hive Tour Titles: 0
Capitol Cup Singles Record: Undefeated.
Suck it, Ceejay.

Recently I came up with the idea for a documentary on scoreboard operators.  It would focus on a few topics, including but not limited to the ethical responsibility of a scoreboard operator to show or not show a replay of a blown call that adversely affected the home team.  One of the subjects would become emotional recalling an incident where after showing such a replay fans began littering the field and putting the refs in danger.  

The name of the documentary would be "What's the Score?"

• Like 1

I've come to a conclusion.  The US Open brand is no longer that it's a tough course where par is a good score.  In the social media age, its brand is that it's the polarizing tournament people argue over as to whether it's tough enough.  It always had a strong element of that, but it's become a bigger deal the last 10 years.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, SullGolf said:

I've come to a conclusion.  The US Open brand is no longer that it's a tough course where par is a good score.  In the social media age, its brand is that it's the polarizing tournament people argue over as to whether it's tough enough.  It always had a strong element of that, but it's become a bigger deal the last 10 years.

I think this week both will be true. That rough is THICCC and as pin locations get tougher, scores are going to slide back over the next few days. 

Such a great weekend ahead- a major championship and fall temperatures to play in the mornings in some of the best conditions of the year. 

• Like 1

G410 LST 9.0°, Speeder Evo II 757

Flash SZ 17°, VTS Silver 8x
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

X Forged '18  5-P, PX 6.5
SM7 50F, 54S, 58M
PXG Closer Gen 2  
Tour BX

12 minutes ago, SullGolf said:

Interesting commentary on yesterdays broadcast that the course was set up easier than usual on a Thursday because the USGA was worried about all players finishing round 1 before dark. Obviously not a problem in June.

Just now, Terphack said:

Interesting commentary on yesterdays broadcast that the course was set up easier than usual on a Thursday because the USGA was worried about all players finishing round 1 before dark. Obviously not a problem in June.

A few guys did not finish Round 1 yesterday and had to finish up on 18 this morning before teeing off for their 2nd round.  

15 minutes ago, Terphack said:

Thats what I took away from it as well - even with fewer players they also had somewhere between 90 minutes and two hours less daylight to work with. As it was I think they had a few groups that had to finish this morning. So they couldn't dry it out/have pins that were too tricky just yet.

I thought the daylight thing was a reasonable point.

SIM Max 12* - HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5
SIM 15* 3W - Diamana 75s 
SIM 2i UDI Diamana Thump / 5i Steelfiber 95s
M5 6-AW Steelfiber 95s
TM Milled Grind 54* / 58*
Cleveland RTX 62*
Putter / TM TP5 Pix

This weekend was like a mini U.S. Open- the greens were hard and unreceptive, rough was healthy, and the wind was blowing. Very difficult to adjust your yardages when it's windy AND 45-50 degrees in the morning. 

Fortner's driving is on point after taking a lesson. He really smashed a couple out there on some really tough driving holes. Sucks he is not available for member-member because our handicaps would be very beneficial.

• Like 2

G410 LST 9.0°, Speeder Evo II 757

Flash SZ 17°, VTS Silver 8x
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

X Forged '18  5-P, PX 6.5
SM7 50F, 54S, 58M
PXG Closer Gen 2  
Tour BX