• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheCityGame

• FAbb

• dcmidnight

• SullGolf

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ah, eff it. It's a little self indulgent, but I wrote almost 4k words while they were fresh n my mind and just decided to post it on an old wordpress blog that I created a few years ago to do some wor

Pics                         

When I signed up to play, my wife and I were debating it- I would be gone all day, I would need to stop and shop at Trader Joe's Annapolis as penance, the forecast the week of wasn't looking good.  Th

Posted Images

Also, I hear thru the grapevine (IG Bro Chat Thread) that Fabbo joined a club.  I think that makes 5 Hivers there?  JB, Tumor, PQ, City and now Fabb.  Pretty strong group, no index above 2. Would love to get in those weeklys.

• Like 3

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

7 minutes ago, FAbb said:

The best thing about the GAPR purchase is that Tumor was unknowingly texting me different driving irons that were in stock at Columbia 2nd Swing, while I was in the store browsing.

I am so glad I do not live closer to there, in a normal year I would be in there 2x a month. 

Did they have the Trackman bays open for swings or were they still closed?

SIM Max 12* - HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5 / SIM 15* 3W - Diamana 75s 
SIM 2i UDI Diamana Thump / 5i Steelfiber 95s
P790 6,7i / P770 8i-GW Steelfiber 95s
TM Milled Grind 54* / 58*
Cleveland RTX 62*
PXG Blackjack 35" / TM TP5 Pix

Hmmm....it's a one hour drive to 2nd Swing but it might be worth the trip just to unload extra clubs and pick a few things up vs dealing with the BST/eBay, shipping, etc. 

What's their trade-in rate like? 

• Like 1

Cobra King Ltd, Speeder TS 6.2
Callaway BBA 816, Accra CS1 80
Adams A12, Diamana Thump
TM TP MC/MB, KBS Tour 
Vokey 254.10, V-Grind 60*, DG S400
Odyssey Tank Cruiser 330M

8 minutes ago, Puppetmaster said:

Hmmm....it's a one hour drive to 2nd Swing but it might be worth the trip just to unload extra clubs and pick a few things up vs dealing with the BST/eBay, shipping, etc. 

It's fine.  It seems at least as good as what you get at Golf Galaxy.  Could be better, but I honestly don't know.  Unless you have a club that's the new hotness, or a cult classic, it's 100% easier to just trade it at 2nd Swing rather than deal with the BST wasteland.

13 minutes ago, Puppetmaster said:

You'll get something near or above PGA value guide, but it depends on what you are trading. They will give you almost zero for a wedge, no matter how clean it looks. Woods/irons/putters fare much better.

• Like 1

G410 LST 9.0°, Speeder Evo II 757

Flash SZ 17°, VTS Silver 8x
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

MP-20 MMC  5-P, PX 6.5
SM7 50F, 54S, 58M
PXG Closer Gen 2  
Tour BX

3 hours ago, dcmidnight said:

I am so glad I do not live closer to there, in a normal year I would be in there 2x a month. 

Did they have the Trackman bays open for swings or were they still closed?

Just stopped by there on my lunch break to get some adapters swapped on driver shafts.  Demo bays are still closed unfortunately. 

19 hours ago, Puppetmaster said:

Online they usually run 10-15% bumps on values, I think currently its 10% with BONUS10.  I would imagine that it would carry over at the store if you'd mention it or something. 

The Columbia store makes me miss the Golfsmith in Fairfax and their used section, even though it never would begin to compare to the stock and quality at 2nd swing.    

• Like 1

G400 LST    TS Speeder 7.2

SLDR MINI  TS Speeder 7.2

MP-18 Fli Hi

JPX 900 Forged

RTX-3 CB

Toulon Atlanta

19 hours ago, FAbb said:

It's fine.  It seems at least as good as what you get at Golf Galaxy.  Could be better, but I honestly don't know.  Unless you have a club that's the new hotness, or a cult classic, it's 100% easier to just trade it at 2nd Swing rather than deal with the BST wasteland.

Puppet is asking about 2nd Swing...excellent.

People have already said it but 2nd Swing to me as about just the ease of getting rid of older clubs. If I can get $40 for an old Adams hybrid or $25 for an old wedge, right there with no fuss, thats perfect. The other option is what, trying to sell old clubs on BST, getting lowballed, paying paypal and shipping fees etc? No thanks.

SIM Max 12* - HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5 / SIM 15* 3W - Diamana 75s 
SIM 2i UDI Diamana Thump / 5i Steelfiber 95s
P790 6,7i / P770 8i-GW Steelfiber 95s
TM Milled Grind 54* / 58*
Cleveland RTX 62*
PXG Blackjack 35" / TM TP5 Pix

1 hour ago, bubbagump said:

The Columbia store makes me miss the Golfsmith in Fairfax and their used section, even though it never would begin to compare to the stock and quality at 2nd swing.    

Golf Galaxy and Dicks just took over like half of Fair Oaks Mall, where the old Lord and Taylor (?) was next to where the old Sears was, now Dave and Busters. Did they not get the Golfsmith memo?

Cobra King Ltd, Speeder TS 6.2
Callaway BBA 816, Accra CS1 80
Adams A12, Diamana Thump
TM TP MC/MB, KBS Tour 
Vokey 254.10, V-Grind 60*, DG S400
Odyssey Tank Cruiser 330M

1 hour ago, Puppetmaster said:

Golf Galaxy and Dicks just took over like half of Fair Oaks Mall, where the old Lord and Taylor (?) was next to where the old Sears was, now Dave and Busters. Did they not get the Golfsmith memo?

Yeah that is going to be interesting how that works out, not really sure what the motivation is for the move.  Wonder if they are closing the....big Dicks..there in fair lakes or going to keep it open in addition to the new one in the mall.

The storefront for the GG next to it, is way larger than I thought it would be and has to be doubling or more the old one.  Wonder if they have grand plans to revive the golf box store.  

G400 LST    TS Speeder 7.2

SLDR MINI  TS Speeder 7.2

MP-18 Fli Hi

JPX 900 Forged

RTX-3 CB

Toulon Atlanta

On 10/21/2020 at 1:00 PM, Puppetmaster said:

I think their trade-in values are like, "well, that's not awesome, but it's not HORRIBLE and I could get a little more if I wanted to list it somewhere and go through all that rigamarole, but, I'm here already, so whatever."

IOW, they're priced perfectly. 

• Like 1

Ping G400 MAX 10.5º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

On 10/21/2020 at 10:01 AM, eagle1997 said:

Also, I hear thru the grapevine (IG Bro Chat Thread) that Fabbo joined a club.  I think that makes 5 Hivers there?  JB, Tumor, PQ, City and now Fabb.  Pretty strong group, no index above 2. Would love to get in those weeklys.

From the gamer's text thread

"Who's <Fabb>?"

"New member. Really good guy. Great player"

The distillation of Fabb. 

The clear implication by the choice of modifiers is that he's a better "player" than "guy", right? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ping G400 MAX 10.5º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green