Tiger mentioned testing new shafts

I know this totally anti WRX but shaft doesn't make a difference, at all. Like literally at all.

What lol? Even if it was just mental (it's often way more than that) it makes a difference.

Is that Crossfield posting?

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Rig14Port...

Not trolling you brother, but, the opposite is true, actually. Rose had it in play, Day, Poulter, Noren, then Rory at Bay Hill.....in fact, there is a pic of TW standing behind Rory as he launched rockets with the orange.....days later, TW bagged it. Not saying no one bagged it AFTER him but he was FAR from the first.....

Also, these guys on tour might look to what other players, but, they're not gonna ditch a shaft bc Tiger does.....you have to have an incredibly strong will and listen to your team and YOUR gut in terms of what fits you.....and, these guys know eachother's weaknesses....Tigers? Driving..... thus, it's that much more that they'd let his shaft selection inform theirs. They absolutely look to eachother (see use of Spider on tour) but I don't think it's as black and whate as "good for Tiger, good for me."

Example....how many guys are using DJ's Fuji Speeder 2.0? Zero.... That's because they know that fits HIM and they are not him.

The more I look at use of the Orange on tour, the perfect guys for it are the Poulters, Chappels, of the world (both using). Guys that have no issue with accuracy but need some extra horsepower to keep up with the bombers. Tiger is not that guy....

Doesn't Chappel have the xtorison copper 70tx in the bag?

I know this totally anti WRX but shaft doesn't make a difference, at all. Like literally at all.

Ask yourself what is more likely......that an entire performance based industry is propped up on zero substance or that a random internet person knows more than an entire market.

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

@Rig14Port...

Not trolling you brother, but, the opposite is true, actually. Rose had it in play, Day, Poulter, Noren, then Rory at Bay Hill.....in fact, there is a pic of TW standing behind Rory as he launched rockets with the orange.....days later, TW bagged it. Not saying no one bagged it AFTER him but he was FAR from the first.....

Also, these guys on tour might look to what other players, but, they're not gonna ditch a shaft bc Tiger does.....you have to have an incredibly strong will and listen to your team and YOUR gut in terms of what fits you.....and, these guys know eachother's weaknesses....Tigers? Driving..... thus, it's that much more that they'd let his shaft selection inform theirs. They absolutely look to eachother (see use of Spider on tour) but I don't think it's as black and whate as "good for Tiger, good for me."

Example....how many guys are using DJ's Fuji Speeder 2.0? Zero.... That's because they know that fits HIM and they are not him.

The more I look at use of the Orange on tour, the perfect guys for it are the Poulters, Chappels, of the world (both using). Guys that have no issue with accuracy but need some extra horsepower to keep up with the bombers. Tiger is not that guy....

Doesn't Chappel have the xtorison copper 70tx in the bag?

He did but it looks like he's switched over to the PO

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Ask yourself what is more likely......that an entire performance based industry is propped up on zero substance or that a random internet person knows more than an entire market.

As yourself whyyyy would they make the course so difficult at the U.S. Open

Interested in seeing if they boost production on these if he sticks with it.

I know a month or so ago I tried to get one and the dealer I talked to said that mitsu stopped producing these shafts this year and whatever they had left was it. Even on his shaft it’s mitsibishi rayon and all their fresher stuff is Mitsubishi chemical so old stock as well.

What lol? Even if it was just mental (it's often way more than that) it makes a difference.

I’ve NEVER seen any difference between shaft flex, torque, bend profiles whatever and I know I’m not the only one. I just don’t buy into the notion that a $500 dollar shaft is better than the stock one. It could feel better but if the swing stays consistent with every shaft and the player delivers the club to the ball the same with every shaft I’ll bet my life there would be no difference in flight or numbers.

I've NEVER seen any difference between shaft flex, torque, bend profiles whatever and I know I'm not the only one. I just don't buy into the notion that a $500 dollar shaft is better than the stock one. It could feel better but if the swing stays consistent with every shaft and the player delivers the club to the ball the same with every shaft I'll bet my life there would be no difference in flight or numbers.

I feel like arguing about this is likely a zero sum game....But, I have to ask....

So you believe that if we gave Dustin Johnson/Rory/Zach Johnson, a ladies flex 50 gram shaft that he would have the same driving statistics as he has now? I'm not being antagonistic, I'm asking honestly.....

I've NEVER seen any difference between shaft flex, torque, bend profiles whatever and I know I'm not the only one. I just don't buy into the notion that a $500 dollar shaft is better than the stock one. It could feel better but if the swing stays consistent with every shaft and the player delivers the club to the ball the same with every shaft I'll bet my life there would be no difference in flight or numbers.

I feel like arguing about this is likely a zero sum game....But, I have to ask....

So you believe that if we gave Dustin Johnson/Rory/Zach Johnson, a ladies flex 50 gram shaft that he would have the same driving statistics as he has now? I'm not being antagonistic, I'm asking honestly.....

Yup, if they could reproduce their swings with their shaft vs the 50g ladies flex I absolutely believe they would.

I've got a 75g HZRDUS T1100 6.5 tipped 1" lying around. I'd love to see you swing that compared to a lady flex shaft and tell me it doesn't affect you.

Titleist TSi3 8° - HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 60TX

Titleist TS3 15° - HZRDUS Black (Hand Crafted) 70TX

Titleist 818 H2 19° - Tensei Pro White 100TX

Ping i200 - SteelFiber i125x

Edison - SteelFiber i125s

LAB DF 2.1 Armlock - LAGP

Snell MTB-X

wouldnt even bet your lunch money .. ever been on Trackman? would take 3 minutes to prove you wrong.. youre too young to die !!

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Shaun - I think they are skilled enough to proficiently hit any shaft. I do not agree that their results/performance would be equal.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

wouldnt even bet your lunch money .. ever been on Trackman? would take 3 minutes to prove you wrong.. youre too young to die !!

Been on Trackman, GC2 and a flight scope mevo all with with a Nike vapor fly pro with a speeder 757 xflex, a diamana white board 70 stiff and a vst silver 60g stiff I swing the driver 112-115 no difference between either shaft. I had a set of RSI TPs with kbs tour 130 xflex two degrees weak on the lofts, now I have i200s standard degrees stock stiff AMT shafts I hit them the exact same distances with the same amount of spin.

Welp, I'm out.... I respect your opinion, Shaun. I think it's absolutely absurd, however. And I have no dog in the fight, don't work in the industry.

We could all get in the bleechers, with popcorn, and watch you hit Wesques T11 and a lady flex on Trackman. We could also point out to you the wildly different results. But, you would sustain that you weren't "reproducing the same swing" and would hang your hat on that.

Respect your opinion, couldn't disagree with it more.

I know this totally anti WRX but shaft doesn’t make a difference, at all. Like literally at all.

This is an absolutely absurd factless remark.... Straight dumb.

That's like saying it doesn't matter what engine is in a Shelby GT500. Sure it's a great looking car, beautiful actually. But if there is a weak a** 6 cylinder inside of it barely reaching 220 horsepower, would it be known as one of the best of muscle cars in the world... I think not. NO, it has a 750 hp big block V8 that propels the car to 220mph.

The shaft is as important if not MORE important than the clubhead... It is the "engine" of the golf club.

Go read some books, and you basically just failed golf knowledge 101... Start again. Everyone who has read your post is now Dumber. I award you no points and God have mercy on your soul.

AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
AB TP 3HL / 757
XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
DWS 24*/ VS Proto
J15 CB 5-PW/ Modus 3 125S
X-Forged MD (50*, 56* 60*)
Spider Si/ SS Mid SLim 2.0

Been on Trackman, GC2 and a flight scope mevo all with with a Nike vapor fly pro with a speeder 757 xflex, a diamana white board 70 stiff and a vst silver 60g stiff I swing the driver 112-115 no difference between either shaft. I had a set of RSI TPs with kbs tour 130 xflex two degrees weak on the lofts, now I have i200s standard degrees stock stiff AMT shafts I hit them the exact same distances with the same amount of spin.

I'm sorry but from a scientific standpoint you're basically working on a tiny drop of data here and extrapolating a broad, sweeping generalization based on that. Your personal experience does not overrule both other people's personal experiences and actual empirical data. Shafts don't create magic, but they work better or worse with certain types of swings, move face contact for some people based on delivery type, and make the difference between a club that feels harsh and one that feels pleasant.

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Bridgestone 

Welp, I'm out.... I respect your opinion, Shaun. I think it's absolutely absurd, however. And I have no dog in the fight, don't work in the industry.

We could all get in the bleechers, with popcorn, and watch you hit Wesques T11 and a lady flex on Trackman. We could also point out to you the wildly different results. But, you would sustain that you weren't "reproducing the same swing" and would hang your hat on that.

Respect your opinion, couldn't disagree with it more.

Exactly. StrAw man riding a paper tiger if I ever saw one.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Yup, if they could reproduce their swings with their shaft vs the 50g ladies flex I absolutely believe they would.

If I drop even a flex hooks start showing up, granted I have a very quick transition and load the shaft a lot. This is a laughable take. While I would agree the right head is most important to good results the shaft brings it all together. I just changed shafts in the same 3 wood and it is night and day different. And I didn't even hit it all that badly before.

Titleist TSi3 10* TPO 1K 60-TX
Titleist 917F3 15* VA Composite Drago 75-X (Ai Smoke TD otw)
Titleist T200 3 UB Thump 90-X / TSr3 19* Ventus Black 10-TX
Mizuno MP-20 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 47-07 PX 6.5

Mizuno T22 52-09 56-10 PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 60-04T PX Wedge 6.5
Special Select Squareback 2 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0

ProV1x

The shaft is as important if not MORE important than the clubhead... It is the "engine" of the golf club.

Yay! This analogy again.....

2024 Building In-progress

Qi10 Core Head 9* w/ AD-DI 6S  (I heart you AD DI and will never sway from you again)
Qi10 Tour 3W with shaft TBD
Callaway UW 17* with shaft TBD

Titleist TS2 19* Hybrid at 20* w/ PX Evenflow Blue 85 6.0

4-PW Srixon ZX7s w/ DG AMT White S300s
MG2 TW Grind 56/60 at 54/58
Spider Tour X3

Everyone, please top feeding the troll.

Back to Tiger and his never ending search for the shaft that will cure the issue between his ears. (I'm a recent convert to Tiger fandom btw).

Paradym 10.5

Epic 3w 15

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Titelist T150

Callaway Jaws 5 50*, 54*

Cleve Zip 60*

Ping PLD3/Rahm Rossie S/TP Mills Fleetwood custom

Lots of mad shaftwhores trying to justify their purchases in the last two pages...

Sure shafts matter to a degree, but no one *needs* a $500 aftermarket shaft to play their weekend rounds. 'Just fine' is 'good enough' for 99% of the golfers out there.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

The last 2 comments nailed it! That guy is trolling and should just be ignored.... And while shafts do matter, just as much as the head, a $500 shaft isn't going to play a ton different than a cheaper one. From testing out a bunch of shafts lately myself, I would have a hard time ever spending over $200 on a shaft. My favorite shaft when testing was the TPTGOLF shaft, but just wasn't that much different between ones $300 cheaper.

It is all about finding which shaft works best with different heads for each person's swing.

TM Q10 LS 9, Graphite Design AD XC X
TM M4 3 wood

TM Stealth 4 hybrid
TM p7mc 4-PW, DG S300
Titleist SM8 50, 56, 60
Titleist Scotty Cameron Squareback 2

LOL!

I’m currently using an Original Grafalloy Blue designed over 14 years ago. Just Killing it. Shot even par yesterday and had 10 drives over 290. 4 over 300.

I Pulled it out of a Mizuno driver I bought on EBay for $24 bucks.

It Just kicked a $360 dual core Kuro Kage 70TX out of the bag that I’ve used fo two years. Golf is definitely funny sometimes. Ole’ Henrick knows what’s up.

The last 2 comments nailed it! That guy is trolling and should just be ignored.... And while shafts do matter, just as much as the head, a $500 shaft isn't going to play a ton different than a cheaper one. From testing out a bunch of shafts lately myself, I would have a hard time ever spending over $200 on a shaft. My favorite shaft when testing was the TPTGOLF shaft, but just wasn't that much different between ones $300 cheaper.

It is all about finding which shaft works best with different heads for each person's swing.

My experience is going to get fit with a good fitter with a one time cost (as opposed to shaft ho-ing) has made a huge difference with my driver and now my 3 wood. When I winged it in the past the results were very mixed. Was it costly? Yes, but I'm very happy with the results. I know what works for me in the irons and won't mess with those for a long time.

Titleist TSi3 10* TPO 1K 60-TX
Titleist 917F3 15* VA Composite Drago 75-X (Ai Smoke TD otw)
Titleist T200 3 UB Thump 90-X / TSr3 19* Ventus Black 10-TX
Mizuno MP-20 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 47-07 PX 6.5

Mizuno T22 52-09 56-10 PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 60-04T PX Wedge 6.5
Special Select Squareback 2 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0

ProV1x

Lots of mad shaftwhores trying to justify their purchases in the last two pages...

Sure shafts matter to a degree, but no one *needs* a $500 aftermarket shaft to play their weekend rounds. 'Just fine' is 'good enough' for 99% of the golfers out there.

Absolutely true, but there is a big difference between this and "they literally make no difference, like none".

Bridgestone 

You guys are killing me lol. I thought this thread was about Tiger

It was, but he’s not doing a damn thing interesting yesterday or today. Trudging along at -1 under. Yawn. Everyone is bored.

Shaft change seems to be helping. Missed a couple early yesterday with the driver but then had it pretty dialed in and that has continued today. He missed a couple with the 3 wood today but they weren't huge misses. Much tighter spread for him.