Toulon putters

JaketheJack

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. I hit this putter at the pga store and it is the softest putter I've felt ever.

The price tag is high, but quality clubs are.

Anyone have that and can share their thoughts?

Anyone bought one from their garage? Good experience?

I got one in the preowned rack that I have posted up here. It is a bronze/copper Memphis. I love how it sets up, the weight, and the feel. It has become point and shoot versus my blade putter.

I always loved stalking the Toulon putters online but am so glad I finally dove in and got one.

Wow. I hit this putter at the pga store and it is the softest putter I've felt ever.

The price tag is high, but quality clubs are.

Anyone have that and can share their thoughts?

Anyone bought one from their garage? Good experience?

I was really interested in the Atlanta and Portland models, both mid-mallets. Unfortunately, I couldn't find one at any of the Ohio Golf Galaxy stores.

This past weekend we were near Pittsburgh and I was able to try them both at their Golf Galaxy. I love the sound and the roll they put on the ball.

I ended up ordering the H3 (plumber's neck) version of the Portland from the Garage. Should arrive in the next 5 days. Can't wait!

Changed to an Atlanta recently and have been really impressed with the feel and roll it puts on the ball. Was using an evnroll before but the shape and slant neck on the Atlanta was just perfect looks wise!

TaylorMade M6 10.5 GD-IZ 6
TaylorMade M1 15 GD-Di 7
TaylorMade PSi 3 Modus 120
TaylorMade P790 4-PW Modus 120
TaylorMade MG 52 Modus 120
TaylorMade HI-TOE 58 Modus 120
TaylorMade Spider Tour L-Neck

Love my Columbus. I bought a Cameron Notchback in 2013 and loved the look of the head and the way it frames the ball, but I didn't care for the deep milling or the double bend shaft. Always said that if Cameron made one with a plumbers neck and standard depth milling that I would buy one in a heartbeat. Toulon beat Cameron to the punch with the Columbus. :)

My memphis slant neck just showed up today & it feels amazing. Solid as anything I’ve ever putted with. Putted with a rife aussie last weekend so that got me thinking about a San Diego.....

Anybody take the superstroke grip and replace wifh a pingman or something similar? I think the weights are pretty close with the ping and the gt tour with no weights.

Had the Austin (torched) and the Madison twice. I honestly putted better with the Madison as it was more newport2 style compared to Austin newport style. But along came the Latrobe garage. It blew both the previous mentioned out of the bag. It just lines up so square and it has the softness of the old Bettinardi/Mizuno bc7. I started putting when I took up golf with heel shafted putters (Ray Cook black) as I loved Ben Crenshaw's style and copied it. But I went to the anser style for whatever reason for years and years and struggled mightily. But my wife encourged me to go back to what was natural and voila I happened upon the Latrobe on this list and the I'm back in the saddle. Being a kinda barrel chested guy standing open allows me to swing so freely with this gate style rather than square. I just could never get the club back and thru with any smoothness or length with the square style. So though the latrobe isn't for everyone I'm tickled pink. Madison is going on the bst shortly and I don't think 3rd time will be a charmie. won't be buying again....not as long as the latrobe stays in my bag.

Titleist Ts3 10.5, Hzrdus smoke 6.0

Tour Edge Exotics cbx 119 15* w/evenflow stiff

Tour Edge Exotics cb pro 17* ventus stiff

Srixon Z U65  23*  4Iron  Miyazaki Kaula7(S)
Wilson Staff tour cb 5-7, FG tour v6 8-pw
Titleist sm7 50-14 F, 54-14 F, 58-12 D wedge flex
2011 Bettinardi/Mizuno bc-7 35" current gamer

Tad Moore Tour Classic La Grange 35"

Any Madison users? What are your thoughts?

I’ve got one. Bought used off of here a few months back. Great putter. I came from a mid mallet that was causing some distance control issues on longer putts. That is not and issue anymore. I would say it has a very nice feel but I still get good feedback. Not mushy.

Very good looking too which doesn’t hurt.

Yes, and it's great! Looks, Feel and performance are top notch. If you like what you are seeing addressing the ball, the putt becomes easier!

I put it right up their with all the other putters I've owned from Bettinardi, SC & Tour Odysseys.

Purchase with ease as long as you don't need the extra MOI in a mallet.

Callaway Epic Max LS 9.5* - Fuji Ventus VeloCore Blue 6S tipped .5"

Callaway Epic Speed 5w, 18* - Mitsubishi MMT 70X

Callaway Epic Speed 7w, 21* - Mitsubishi MMT 70X

Callaway X-Forged UT 4i - DGTT AMP Tour Issue x100

Callaway Apex TCB  5-pw - Steelfiber i110cw S hard stepped

Callaway Tour Issue (red buttons) Jaws Forged 52*@50, 56*@55, 60* - DG Tour issue S400
Piretti Potenza 2 Elite - Fuji MC 115 Firm
Callaway Chrome Soft X

I’ve got one. Bought used off of here a few months back. Great putter. I came from a mid mallet that was causing some distance control issues on longer putts. That is not and issue anymore. I would say it has a very nice feel but I still get good feedback. Not mushy.

Very good looking too which doesn’t hurt.

100% agree with this.

I picked one up used from Callaway Preowned and been a solid putter. I did go back and forth with a few O Works putters but always went back to the Madison. The feel and balance fit my stroke the best. Also had a SC Newport for a bit but never liked lack of feel off the face.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone tried the Toulon long Island?

I love my Long Island. Amazing putter.

I just picked up a Long Island and this was my first weekend with it. It is a great putter. It fits my putting stroke really well and I think it has the perfect sound on contact. I was skeptical of Toulon putters being top tier but after my first weekend with mine I am very impressed.

I game a Madison that came out of their Tour Department. It is a one piece putter and doesn't have the welded neck. It's got the H1 neck and it's just stainless finish and it is the simplest, best feeling and best performing putter I've ever had.

I've been a Cameron guy since I got a Laguna in 1996 and I switch to the Toulon because I like the simple no insert plain kind of timeless look. This Toulon reminds me of the good ole Cameron days and I'm very happy I made the change.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a big Toulon advocate. But I have 2 golf buddies who have picked up an Austin. Both have seen improved putting stats. They are sold on the feel and performance.

Twitter: @Ed_Settle
Driver:           Callaway Mavrik 10.5 Ventus Blue 6S
Fairway:        Callaway Mavrik 3+ /13.5*  Rogue 6S
Hybrid:          Callaway Mavrik Pro 2/18*  4/23* KBS Hybrid 85S

Irons:             Callaway '19 Apex Pro 2 Dot 5-PW MMT 105 S
Wedges:       Callaway MD 5 50/56/60 DG S200 
Putter:           Toulon Design Chicago 34" w/Stroke Lab

Ball:               Callaway 2020 CSX 
Bag:               Callaway 6 way carry
My WITB

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone definitively tell me if the stock gray finish on Toulon putters is some kind of PVD finish? Can it be blasted off?

I am seriously considering picking up a Toulon Atlanta, but I would prefer a natural silver stainless finish. I know you can get that through their Garage options, but I'm not paying a premium to have the putter in a natural stainless finish. The Atlantas can be had for under $250 right now.

- Josh