Winter jacket suggestions

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just got my snorkel blue delivered and it's definitely the Norse II (not zoned). I have a navy one on order too but it hasn't shipped yet. I ordered them a few days apart.

Per their US & UK websites, Ping's 2020-2021 fall/winter apparel is now available: https://ping.com/en-us/shop/products?category=apparel&filter=mid-layers,rainwear,outerwear https:

GOT IT and its fridgen awesome!!!! the fit, style, warmth, and color is right on point! The quality is amazing, even the way the zipper is shaped makes it extra easy to zip. it gives a updated "fitte

If you really want to hate me, look at the Knox hoodie for $39. It's Zegna Baruffa, some of the finest/highest quality merino wool in the world. I thought PING was crazy for making a $180 hoodie when our rep showed it to me, but we both thought it was the best feeling thing made. For those of you that don't know about merino wool, it has some pretty amazing thermal management properties for it's weight. It can not only retain warmth, but can regulate heat to keep you from overheating and breathes incredibly well along with keeping you dry (wicking moisture away). It's not going to be as warm as a Norse naturally, but merino wool is a kick-a** mid layer, and Zegna Baruffa is the best of the best...of course PING would use it. At $39, this MAY be the buy of the tgw.com sale. The piece is so versatile. Just bought 2, and I have the previous version of this hoodie at home!

Thanks for the TGW info! I stocked up on a bunch of the Ping outerwear and saved a ton (at least that is what I can tell my wife).

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Fujikura Ventus Black TS 6S
Callaway XR 3+ wood Project X Hzrdus Handcrafted 6.0 LZ
Callaway XR 5 wood Project X Hzrdus Handcrafted 6.0 LZ
Taylormade GAPR 3 Mid KBS 80 S
Mizuno JPX 919 HMP Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S - 4-A
Mizuno  54* Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S
Odyssey Stroke Lab #1 33"

Do we know if this $39 Norse II is the real one i.e. not Zoned? The pic looks like the real Norse II but the description states Zoned.

for $39 who cares though, great deal ?

Taylormade M1 10.5*
Callaway GBB Epic 15*
Callaway XR 19*
Taylormade p790 5-P,A
Titleist Vokey SM6 54*, 58*, 60*
Titleist Scotty Cameron Golo 3
Srixon Z Star

Mine is supposed to be here tomorrow so i will update. So far today from ping/tgw I got the elden, the players 5 pocket pants, and the practice tee in and they are all keepers. And I just ordered another pair of zero gravity rain pants (a size smaller) and another zero gravity half zip (i have an older model currently)

• Like 1

My Norse hopeful will be here Thursday.

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 10.5* Hzrdus smoke black 60g
Irons: PXG 0311 4-PW, Steelfiber 95
Hybrids: PXG 0317X 17*, 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: Ping Vault 2.0 Ketcsh (solid black)  
Bag: Mizuno K1-LO white/staff blue (something new is coming, cant decide.)
Ball: Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-X

This is pretty accurate. I didn't think of relating the two for a description, but Snorkel blue is pretty much dead on the color code blue. It's a pretty shade, and I'd wear it in a shirt, but it was too much for me as an outerwear piece. I like more subdued colors for that (navy, black, charcoal/gray, etc).

I can say this with experience, you won't find anything in the PING offerings that isn't great. Just like with their clubs, all the apparel is really designed from the ground up to be excellent at what its intended purpose. Again, my favorite apparel company by a long stretch. That's why it REALLY sucks if they are discontinuing US sales. If that happens, hopefully they do still keep Euro/overseas sales going, and I'll just grab things from there.