Winter jacket suggestions

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just got my snorkel blue delivered and it's definitely the Norse II (not zoned). I have a navy one on order too but it hasn't shipped yet. I ordered them a few days apart.

Per their US & UK websites, Ping's 2020-2021 fall/winter apparel is now available: https://ping.com/en-us/shop/products?category=apparel&filter=mid-layers,rainwear,outerwear https:

GOT IT and its fridgen awesome!!!! the fit, style, warmth, and color is right on point! The quality is amazing, even the way the zipper is shaped makes it extra easy to zip. it gives a updated "fitte

Broke down and ordered a light blue Norse II, the zero gravity pants and short sleeve shirt, the Knox and Pax sweaters, and an Elden. It was tough to resist the polos, but I already have more golf shirts than I need as it is. Probably would have bought the Players 5-pocket if the inseam was a bit shorter.

I'm hoping the zero gravity stuff is as good as I've heard. I'm badly in need of a light weight rain suit for the spring/summer.

Taylormade SIM Max 9 - Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70 S
Titleist 917 F2 16.5 at C1 (15.75) - MRC D+ Limited 80 S
Callaway X2Hot Pro 20 - Aldila Tour Green 75 S
Callaway X2Hot Pro 23 - Aldila Tour Green 75 S 
Ping i20 4i-PW - KBS Tour S - Yellow Dot
Ping Glide 2.0  52 SS - AWT 2.0 S - VBack Dot
Ping Glide 2.0  58 ES - AWT 2.0  S - Black Dot
Taylormade Spider Tour Red Half-Sightline - 35"

FedEx either messed up the anticipated delivery date or messed up the actual delivery (for the second delivery in a row from TGW). They've changed my date from today until Tuesday. But given the current location, I'm expecting it tomorrow. I'll post a photo when I get them. However, given that it looks like the sale is ending tonight, I don't think that I'd wait to see a photo if I was considering ordering one,.

As I mentioned before, as someone who has owned most of this PING apparel for a while, that Knox hoodie is the buy of the season in my opinion. Zegna Baruffa extra fine merino wool is SO comfortable....and normally SO expensive. That hoodie was $180 before all of this insane close-out discounting. It's a piece that can be worn in all but the hottest months, as merino wool is an excellent thermal regulator...keeps you warm (not like the Norse), but also keeps you cool/dry during warmer periods as it wicks sweat from your skin and dry quickly, aka a cooling effect.

I would just call. They credited me the difference with no questions asked.

I almost feel guilty about the final price I ended up paying for the zero gravity stuff, along with the Knox and Pax sweaters.

Taylormade SIM Max 9 - Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70 S
Titleist 917 F2 16.5 at C1 (15.75) - MRC D+ Limited 80 S
Callaway X2Hot Pro 20 - Aldila Tour Green 75 S
Callaway X2Hot Pro 23 - Aldila Tour Green 75 S 
Ping i20 4i-PW - KBS Tour S - Yellow Dot
Ping Glide 2.0  52 SS - AWT 2.0 S - VBack Dot
Ping Glide 2.0  58 ES - AWT 2.0  S - Black Dot
Taylormade Spider Tour Red Half-Sightline - 35"

Got my shipment including the Norse (zoned) and Norse II vest. Thanks for the tips on the sizing - the large in both fits me perfectly (5'9 180 lbs). I was expecting the Norse II jacket but I'll keep the zoned - seems like it would be good for Spring/Fall. Debating the Norse II jacket now since it's $75 with the discount.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Fujikura Ventus Black TS 6S
Callaway XR 3+ wood Project X Hzrdus Handcrafted 6.0 LZ
Callaway XR 5 wood Project X Hzrdus Handcrafted 6.0 LZ
Taylormade GAPR 3 Mid KBS 80 S
Mizuno JPX 919 HMP Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S - 4-A
Mizuno  54* Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S
Odyssey Stroke Lab #1 33"

Got my navy blue XXl Norse yesterday, correct one no issues, great deal! Anybody still with questions on size , they fit pretty snug! If you are a big fella in the middle beware! I normally wear xxl, and fits pretty true, but think its made to be form fitting for swing freedom, sleeves are long enough. Just for reference im 6'6" fairly slender build with 40 year old "abs"

• Like 1

Depends on how you like things to fit. I'm the same as you in height and weight and bought 2 sizes in each jacket and just took delivery of them. Both are great and I could make due with either, but the large is a little longer than I would like, but good elsewhere. The medium is a little snug around the middle, but I don't mind the trim fit.