2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

The 2018 Ryder Cup at Le Golf National (MERGED)

fillwelix

Could the press be asking worse questions of the Euro team? I think not.

Thanks for mentioning, didnt know it was on.

What is this "extra motivation" they mention?

Wonder if they show the US team interview? Lol

I wonder if they'll have any funny songs to sing, like at the Presidents Cup? ;)

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey , fellow US supporters.....we got 2nd

We need an attitude adjustment

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

I didn't get to watch most of the Ryder Cup, especially today. Could Tiger just not put the ball in play? Was that his main issue against Rahm? He went from on top of the world to being worth 4 points for the Euro's. Brutal

Rahm played very well and Tiger missed a few putts that he'd normally bury - and Rahm won on the 17th. A pretty even game to be honest.

I didn't get to watch most of the Ryder Cup, especially today. Could Tiger just not put the ball in play? Was that his main issue against Rahm? He went from on top of the world to being worth 4 points for the Euro's. Brutal

Rahm played very well and Tiger missed a few putts that he'd normally bury - and Rahm won on the 17th. A pretty even game to be honest.

If US course are so much easier, how do you explain American dominance in majors over the years, including 15-10 in wins over Euros in the Open in the last thirty years?

3 of the 4 are in America. Even Butch was saying US Open courses are not traditionally US open Courses any more with very wide fairways.

Some of the Open courses are wide open some are narrow - Old Course vs Carnoustie.

The US golf fascinates me with all the grasses etc over the massive country. I will be in Houston again for 2 weeks in 10 days or so and really looking forward to the heat, very different grass and hitting lots of drivers off tees! used to only 2/3 a round on my course.

• Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

If only Team USA had used the SLDR-C driver, they’d have been fine.

PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

Let's just hope that it doesn't come down to the 18th hole with Molinari "I can't putt" needing to make a 10 footer.

Funnily enough it never did... ker-plunk.

Molinari is minus 0.446 SG putting. That means over a four day event he loses TWO strokes to the field AVERAGE.

Compared to Phil (+ 0.580 SG Putting) he loses a full stroke putting EVERY round.

How'd that work out today and for the week?

Unless my notes are wrong, neither Tommy nor Molinari have EVER beat Tiger in a RC. In fact, neither Tommy nor Molinari have EVER BEAT ANYBODY in a RC.

Molinari has the distinguished record of 0-3-2 and Tommy is a rookie.

Ya so quick update: Molinari 5-3-2 | Tommy 4-1 (Finau was so smooth today, class player)

I really look forward to your expert analysis in 2020 :)

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

Here's some more good stats

Since Brookline in 1999...

Friday Best Ball: Europe leads 19-17

Friday Alternate Shot: Europe leads 18.5-17.5

Saturday Best Ball: draw 18-18

but the Europeans are done giving the US a few holes to keep it interesting...

Saturday Alternate Shot: Europe leads 23-13

Sunday Singles: Europe leads 60-48! They have won 6 out of the last 9 sessions

I like the cut of lowheels jib

As a Brit in Texas let me put my perspective in

Golf, brutal game and momentum is everything. There’s not much wrong with the American team imho, and the us could have easily wine 3 of the past 4 Ryder cups. All about putts dropping at the right time and momentum is key.

I think the US will get better when “big fat goalie (Phil)” buggers off and also Tiger, both are a hindrance

Absolutely telling on Monday tiger going off on “these players wanted to see me at my best, jokingly, we’ll bring it”. There and then I knew he’d not changed and that it’s all about me me me me. Even his own team mates. Leopard never changes its spots. One of the greatest to have graced the game, but brought up to not have an interest, when the cops are down to be a team player.

Poulter, basically a golf driving range pro, who feels he has to prove himself at every opportunity is made for team comps. He loves getting under the us skins and the yanks font seem to understand it’s all an act. Just playing and beating these guys is everything to him as deep down he still doesn’t think he’s worthy. So a win is a big fu to everyone lol.

Tomorrow, don’t count out an American comeback, you have some great players, few putts drop and it is game on.

Poulter is always glass is half full, as are most of the euros. There’s no I in team but there are a lot of me’s.

And Phil, hope he loses 10 and 8, throw your captain under the bus, f*** off, another me me me me me

You are absolutely right .

Got a thought here.. the USA team likes playing golf with each other...the boy band gang and all. But the euro players LOVE beating Americans. They absolutely thrive on that thrill alone.

As much as some may not want to admit it, that is the biggest difference in this event. Everything else adds a little or subtracts a little. I wouldn't be surprised if the EU players collectively over the years feels like the US players don't necessarily respect their game (whether true or not) with the exception of a couple of guys and they take great pleasure in this event.

The fact that only JT showed up during the French Open tells how little Americans respect Europeans or the Ryder cup on EU soil.

It doesn't say anything about how little Americans respect Europeans. Stop grandstanding.

It says ARROGANCE.

Because most of them thought they could win without actually rehearsing during competitive rounds.

Furyk said at the press conference that they played after the French Open, and said, "course is pretty much the same". Which clearly is not.

If you think 230+ rounds vs. 8 rounds made no difference, that's on you. Minimum effort because of better OGWR? Who knows.

I wanted Cantlay to make the team. I see him performing very well in future Ryder Cups.

If Cantlay makes the next RC team they’ll have to extend the event in to a 4th day.

Anyway, I think it’s time the RC was made in to a Europe vs ROTW event.

PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

Got a thought here.. the USA team likes playing golf with each other...the boy band gang and all. But the euro players LOVE beating Americans. They absolutely thrive on that thrill alone.

As much as some may not want to admit it, that is the biggest difference in this event. Everything else adds a little or subtracts a little. I wouldn't be surprised if the EU players collectively over the years feels like the US players don't necessarily respect their game (whether true or not) with the exception of a couple of guys and they take great pleasure in this event.

The fact that only JT showed up during the French Open tells how little Americans respect Europeans or the Ryder cup on EU soil.

It doesn't say anything about how little Americans respect Europeans. Stop grandstanding.

It says ARROGANCE.

Because most of them thought they could win without actually rehearsing during competitive rounds.

Furyk said at the press conference that they played after the French Open, and said, "course is pretty much the same". Which clearly is not.

If you think 230+ rounds vs. 8 rounds made no difference, that's on you. Minimum effort because of better OGWR? Who knows.

I referred to the comment made that the Americans have little respect for the Europeans. Let's keep it to golf, not make it personal.

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-), Alta CB S
PING G430 hybrid 22° (F-), Alta CB S
PING i530 5-U, DG Mid 115 S300
PING s159 54°-W (bent 52°), 58°-B, DG Mid 115 S300
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour Yellow

Furyk comes from the time of the US’s worst Ryder Cup performances, why reward that with a Captaincy? We obviously didn’t play well, but most of our troubles come down to bad management and pitiful pairings. Personally, I think Furyk was a worse Captain than Pavin or Sutton. Incapable of inspiring anyone, and too dull to be imaginative with the pairings. Scared to see who they pick next.

I wanted Cantlay to make the team. I see him performing very well in future Ryder Cups.

His singles match would still be going on.

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour Yellow

Sounds like prime Tiger, actually. Even when he was winning majors by double digits, he was the MVP for Europe lol

Very happy over all, just one very slight disappointment...

Phil hits in the water and Molinari wins the Ryder Cup for Europe. While I am very happy Molinari got to win it with his amazing performance this week, I would personally have liked Phil to hit anywhere but the water so they continue to play the hole and in the meantime: Stenson crushes Bubba to win the Ryder Cup!

Alex making that bomb on 18 to take a point over Bryson, while completely irrelevant for the big picture, was nice icing on the cake though.

This type of thing makes the International team at President's Cups look REALLY BAD, doesn't it?

The who at the what? ;)

F.T.

Furyk comes from the time of the US's worst Ryder Cup performances, why reward that with a Captaincy? We obviously didn't play well, but most of our troubles come down to bad management and pitiful pairings. Personally, I think Furyk was a worse Captain than Pavin or Sutton. Incapable of inspiring anyone, and too dull to be imaginative with the pairings. Scared to see who they pick next.

Steve+Stricker+John+Deere+Classic+Final+Round+pPKbA4x6D9bl.jpg

It's time to get SAVAGE! and really really nice

My vote is that Woods should never be the captain of this team. Just not an inspiring team guy

Not only shouldn't he be captain, but shouldn't be on the team either. He stinks in team play.

I am thinking TW shouldnt play on the team anymore.

But he could be a great captain. Hes pretty analytical and clearly know how to assess talent, courses, and situations.

He should definitely get a shot at the job.

Very happy over all, just one very slight disappointment...

Phil hits in the water and Molinari wins the Ryder Cup for Europe. While I am very happy Molinari got to win it with his amazing performance this week, I would personally have liked Phil to hit anywhere but the water so they continue to play the hole and in the meantime: Stenson crushes Bubba to win the Ryder Cup!

Alex making that bomb on 18 to take a point over Bryson, while completely irrelevant for the big picture, was nice icing on the cake though.

It was awesome icing on the cake! We were literally LOLing when it dropped.

Especially after Bryson made Alex putt that two footer for a 1/2 on 16.

Don't know if your feed was better, but the NBC feed had a split screen with an advert when Noren hit that fantastic 2nd to set up the eagle, was bummed didn't get a better look at it.

F.T.

If US course are so much easier, how do you explain American dominance in majors over the years, including 15-10 in wins over Euros in the Open in the last thirty years?

The masters- is there any rough?

PGA - like a normal PGA tour event usually

US open - not like it used to be, no where near as difficult as it was

The open- it's the weather that makes it tough, good weather means easy course

Does that explain it?

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9*

Adams XTD Ti 3 wood 14.5*

Cobra SZ 17* hybrid

Adams DHY 21*

Cobra King forged TEC 2023 black 5-PW

Cobra snakebite Black wedges 50/54/58

Bettinardi BB39

Been watching these with much anticipation since I was a teenager starting in '89, was my favorite event for most of the 90's...when Tiger burst onto the scene, not at Augusta but with those incredible performances during the match play victories of US Am's, my thoughts went immediately to "Wow, this guy will mop the cart paths with Euro's in the Ryder Cup for the next 20yrs when he turns pro." The fire, the passion, refuse to lose and that ability to seemongly will the ball in the hole in the most clutch moments...but what we have seen is a guy that just hasn't performed to the standard he set during those Am's and his Professional stroke play domination of his prime. If you are old enough/were interested enough to have watched those Ryder Cups of his prime, what we saw this week was just more of the same uniinspired, really average play. Not a criticism but an observation...think lot of people that got their first real view of a physically sound Tiger the last few months, and especially after last weeks win, thought like I did in 90's....he is going to be 5-0 and prob not see a hole past 14 all week. History tells us different, the reasons why, only he really knows.

The USA team should bury their heads in the sand...........PITIFUL display of golf!!! Dustin,Jordan,TIGER,PHIL, just PATHETIC!!!

OK I think we can all agree to nominate this as an all-time great first post after 9 years of lurking.

Great job Fletch :)

F.T.

It says ARROGANCE.

I referred to the comment made that the Americans have little respect for the Europeans. Let's keep it to golf, not make it personal.

Let me put it this way.

US players play against most of the European team weekly (I believe only Hatton, Noren and Olesen don't have a full PGA card). Normally, US players win at PGA events. To me, they thought they would be able to beat the Euros without any competitive rehearsal at the French venue because they are used to win against them in PGA conditions.

Don't you think that's a bit condescending? It surely looked like it.

And I mean "disrespect" from a golfing point of view, never from a personal standpoint.

The masters- is there any rough?

PGA - like a normal PGA tour event usually

US open - not like it used to be, no where near as difficult as it was

The open- it's the weather that makes it tough, good weather means easy course

Does that explain it?

Nope.

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING Serene B60