The 2018 Ryder Cup at Le Golf National (MERGED)

fillwelix

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is potentially some of the worst trash talk I've ever heard in this thread….carry on.

better read the warning post from the mods for this ... Ive been pressing back Rickie Bobby/ Jean Girarde jokes since the matchup picking ceremony... That announcer was just too much !

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Reed/Woods vs Molinari/Fleetwood, that's the one I want to see.

Absolute heater. I do think Fleetwood will succumb to first match jitters. But this is Tiger's chance to go at it with Fran again. Fran wont flinch so TW will have to bring his best. I wish it was 1-1 right from the get go. Possible sunday match. He may be the only guy on Europe that can handle that stage and still be themselves.

Reed/TW 6&5.

Heard it here first. This will be a good ole fashion beat down. Fleetwood will be totally intimidated and nervous while FM cannot putt.

Molinari is minus 0.446 SG putting. That means over a four day event he loses TWO strokes to the field AVERAGE.

Compared to Phil (+ 0.580 SG Putting) he loses a full stroke putting EVERY round.

They're really over-doing this opening. It's the Ryder Cup, it doesn't need promoting, especially in this dorky EU manner. How about we just play golf. And what was that girl in the blue lip-synching "it's gonna be alright" for 4 minutes. So painful to watch. It reminded me of a Miss America pageant or something....so cheesy. This is what happens when things are done by "committee". They should find someone who knows how to put on a classy production and let them run the show. This resembled a daytime game show IMO. Please, let's get on to the golf and cut the cr$p. Thank god we don't have to be tortured by the "celebrity Ryder Cup". That one really takes the prize.

Dorky EU manner? What are you talking about? This happens every year.

Exactly! It needs to stop. It's akin to the uniform designs. Leave it to the coaches and the players' wives, and you get a nightmare like the infamous shirts from '99. Give it to Ralph Lauren, and he gets it right....what a surprise! "The Cup" needs an opening ceremony that respects the history and gravity of the event. It doesn't need cheap cheesy promotion like some reality TV show. The fans are already engaged...they don't need to be "pumped up" with anything. I'd rather have the feeling that we're about to witness an historic event that will be talked about 50 years from now...instead of a Super Bowl halftime show. Just my opinion.

1. You are 100% wrong and don't understand the entirety of the event and staging such an event and making important $ from the event.

2. Don't turn on your TV until Friday.

I actually do understand the event. My club is currently preparing to host the event. We've also hosted 5 US Opens, three US Amateurs, and several other national championships. If you thought that this was a great opening ceremony, you're going to be really disappointed when it's our turn. Do you live in Vegas by any chance?

Is Phil playing in the afternoon then? That terrifies me. Hope the US can break the drought in Europe and that Finau has a good showing as a rookie.

Think this will be a very close event with something around 15-13 winning it.

Driver, 3W, 4W - Macgregor Custom Tourney
2-10 - 1954 Spalding Synchro Dyned
SW - Wilson Staff
Putter - Bullseye
Ball - Pro Plus

YT Channel - [url="https://www.youtube.com/PlayVintageGolf"]https://www.youtube....PlayVintageGolf[/url]

Absolute heater. I do think Fleetwood will succumb to first match jitters. But this is Tiger's chance to go at it with Fran again. Fran wont flinch so TW will have to bring his best. I wish it was 1-1 right from the get go. Possible sunday match. He may be the only guy on Europe that can handle that stage and still be themselves.

Reed/TW 6&5.

Heard it here first. This will be a good ole fashion beat down. Fleetwood will be totally intimidated and nervous while FM cannot putt.

Molinari is minus 0.446 SG putting. That means over a four day event he loses TWO strokes to the field AVERAGE.

Compared to Phil (+ 0.580 SG Putting) he loses a full stroke putting EVERY round.

So you are saying those SG putting stats are etched in stone?

Reed/TW 6&5.

Great. Molinari can have a two putt par, while Phil up/downs for par. There's your stroke.

And speaking of strokes, this is match play, with 2/3 days contested in pairs. Maybe you've not watched before. If not you are in for a treat.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

Break up Speith/Reed...the most successful duo in recent history in both the RC and PC.

Don't put DJ/Brooks together, despite both of them seeming to want to play with each other.

Furyk is setting himself up to be Hal Sutton Part Deux if this blows up!

I thought the same to be honest..... but I think JF is smart, so I am gonna run with it.

Man going to plan to get up at 5am..... my normal wake up time no biggie.

Reed/TW 6&5.

Yes, all of the SG stats for 2018 season are etched in stone. They will never change.

Reed/TW 6&5.

Great. Molinari can have a two putt par, while Phil up/downs for par. There's your stroke.

And speaking of strokes, this is match play, with 2/3 days contested in pairs. Maybe you've not watched before. If not you are in for a treat.

There is no doubt in my mind that I have watched more RC than 99.9% of the people on this board. And I even attended one (1999) in person.

There is no doubt in my mind that I have watched more RC than 99.9% of the people on this board. And I even attended one (1999) in person.

You have not considered the course in your analysis, which plays a massive bearing.

1) Greens are slower than PGA Tour greens = easier for Molinari to putt on. Like The Open, which he won

2) Le Golf National is not a bomb and putting contest like Hazeltine. There's heavy rough, water and hitting greens is paramount. That's been proven over the years at the French Open. Molinari should be perfect for this course. Tiger on current form is, but Reed not so much.

Reed/TW 6&5.

If he’s +.5 doesn’t that mean he’s gaining half a stroke a round ?

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Loading the coffee maker tonight, working from home, got a 50’ HDMI cable for my laptop to run calls in the kitchen while my TV shows the goods. My body is ready. My mind is ready.

Ryder Cup.

A bag of left-handed junk.
Driver: SIM Max 10.5 Blue Smoke RDX 6.5
Apex UW 19* Black Smoke RDX 6.5
4-PW: Callaway Prototype PX 6.5 LZ
60, 56, 52: Callaway Mack Daddy, KBS Tour S
Cameron Select Newport 2

In honor of the European Team, I am drinking a fine Bordeaux. In honor of the US Team, I am drinking a Bordeaux blend, from California grapes.

I know, I know, my Francophile Friends, it can't be a "Bordeaux" if it's from California, but who wants to go around saying "Meritage".

Anyway, Let the Games Begin!

FORE RIGHT!!!!

I love the Tiger / Reed pairing as much as the next guy, but if you don’t think Fleeteood / Molinari have no chance of beating them you’re crazy. It doesn’t matter that Tiger won last week and that Molinari had a bad week. Fleetwood and Molinari are 2 of the best ballstrikers in the world and can both go on Birdie tears. It should be an awesome match.

I love the Tiger / Reed pairing as much as the next guy, but if you don’t think Fleeteood / Molinari have no chance of beating them you’re crazy. It doesn’t matter that Tiger won last week and that Molinari had a bad week. Fleetwood and Molinari are 2 of the best ballstrikers in the world and can both go on Birdie tears. It should be an awesome match.

I’m sure it will be interesting until like the 13th and final hole...

This could be a very demoralizing morning for the Euro team. Poor chaps..

Real talk: I could see Steady Eddie Molinari racking up pars and an occasional birdie while letting Fleetwood go Coo Coo For Coco Puffs on birdies and eagles. It might be the best pairing for the morning wave.

A bag of left-handed junk.
Driver: SIM Max 10.5 Blue Smoke RDX 6.5
Apex UW 19* Black Smoke RDX 6.5
4-PW: Callaway Prototype PX 6.5 LZ
60, 56, 52: Callaway Mack Daddy, KBS Tour S
Cameron Select Newport 2

Real talk: I could see Steady Eddie Molinari racking up pars and an occasional birdie while letting Fleetwood go Coo Coo For Coco Puffs on birdies and eagles. It might be the best pairing for the morning wave.

TW just had a 29 and 30 on the front nine at the tour championship. Add in some Captain America action and. They could shoot a net 27 on the front nine....