Mizuno 919 Hot Metal Pro Series.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally was able to get some rounds in with the HMP's. Absolutely love them! The HMP's had a good penetrating ball flight and no problem stopping on the green when hit well. I should add that my first

When you live in Wyoming and there’s only one stand-alone golf store in the state and the owner is a GREAT guy and an asset to our city, you buy from from him whenever possible ?

Debut tomorrow hopefully

Here’s a good clue in a description I found of the 919 Hot Metal. See the last sentence.

“A benchmark in iron design - the JPX919 Hot Metal combines an incredible balance of launch speed and soft, controllable landing angles. The use of a high strength Chromoly 4140M and seamless cup face construction produces the highest ball speed from any Mizuno iron. Mizuno's new stability frame ensures that each iron within the set produces the correct flight apex - with landing angles steep enough to control shots into the green. A smaller 'Pro' version with reduced offset will offer Chromoly ball speed and performance to players with a more traditional eye.”

https://www.pgatoursuperstore.com/mizuno-jpx-919-hot-metal-4-gw-iron-set-w%2F-project-x-steel-shafts/2000000000183.html

Mizuno seems to be making a run for it. They have a lot of stuff out these days. woods, hybrids, 6-7 sets of irons, wedges... etc.

Driver: Taylormade SIM 9 Project X Green 60TX

Fairway Finder: Taylormade Original One 13.5 UST Proforce V2 8F5
Taylormade Gapr low 2 
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

Those are the ones. Hope the HM Pro look like this

The heads in those pics are forged.

Highly doubt the HM Pros are that head. As mentioned earlier, more likely a slimmed down version of HM, similarly badged.

If they were forged I'd think there would be too much overlap with 919 forged. I'd also expect that being cast the price point will be closer to regular HM than to the forged.

I heard they were going to be a hollow design similar to the p790 and T-MB. I'm so excited to see what they actually look like.

Taylormade M5 TI 8° Fujikura Motore F1 7X WRX issue 
Taylormade M1 2017 TI 15.5° 3HL Kuro Kage XD 80TX
Taylormade GAPR Lo TI bonded 18 2 iron Tour AD 95X
Mizuno MP-20 MMC 4-PW Black KBS $taper 130X
Vokey SM7 raw 50F, 54S & 58D Green Nippon 125 wedge
Bettinardi Queen Bee #7

All Iomic Stick 2.3 grips and I-Classic Mid Putter grip
Titleist Pro-V1 High #s

Anyone know when pics and info will be released? Really looking forward to seeing these.

Mizuno does not leak too much, too early. These and the JPX Fli Hi are slated for February, doubt we see a lot prior to that.

GBB Ventus Black 6
F9 Tour 3w-Ventus black 7
F9 Tour 5w-Smoke 70
F9 21* hybrid - ATMOS black 

F9 24* hybrid Hzrdus smoke 
JPX921F 6-P
T7 48*
MD5 53/58
Toulon Portland Garage 
TM TP5X 
  • 3 weeks later...

Any chance the pro will match the lofts of the tour line? If so, 3-5 Pro, 6-PW Tour coming my way.

Titleist TS2 9.5*, EvenFlow T1100 White 65X
Ping Crossover G 18*, Ping Tour 90X
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 3-PW, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Mizuno S18 Gun Metal 50*07, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Mizuno S18 Gun Metal 54*12, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Mizuno S18 Gun Metal 58*8, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Titleist Studio Design 1.5 Custom Shop
Snell MTB Red

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone actually seen these?

It looks exactly like the hot metal but smaller head, thinner sole, thinner topline, and less offset.

So the HM pro is basically the 919F but made of the cromalloy instead of being forged? If they make a iron around 18° it will be in the bag!!!

Taylormade M5 TI 8° Fujikura Motore F1 7X WRX issue 
Taylormade M1 2017 TI 15.5° 3HL Kuro Kage XD 80TX
Taylormade GAPR Lo TI bonded 18 2 iron Tour AD 95X
Mizuno MP-20 MMC 4-PW Black KBS $taper 130X
Vokey SM7 raw 50F, 54S & 58D Green Nippon 125 wedge
Bettinardi Queen Bee #7

All Iomic Stick 2.3 grips and I-Classic Mid Putter grip
Titleist Pro-V1 High #s
  • 2 weeks later...

It looks exactly like the hot metal but smaller head, thinner sole, thinner topline, and less offset.

So the HM pro is basically the 919F but made of the cromalloy instead of being forged? If they make a iron around 18° it will be in the bag!!!

Yeah, I'm not quite sure what the difference and market space is then between the Hot Metal and the Forged?

Looking at getting some new irons in the next couple of months and just chomping at the bit for more info on these (and the g410...) since they are both in the range of things that I've been considering on the game improvement / players borderline.

My bet is that HM Pro will still be larger than the Forged - more of a slimmed down version of the HM and more distance than Forged. I plan on looking at the 4i.

[color=#474747][font=Arial][size=4][b][size=3]"My swing is so bad, I look like a caveman killing his lunch" - Lee Trevino[/size][/b][/size][/font][/color]

Bag: Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Red 17 ● Exotics EXS 220 16.5 wd, 19 Hy, PXG 22 Hy ● Mizuno HotMetalPro 5i/Accra i70 ● Mizuno 919F 6-PW/Accra i80 ● Mizuno MP T20 48, 53, 58 Nippon Pro Modus 3 Wedge 115 ● SeeMore Nashville

Agree. Without seeing the HM Pro and 919 Forged next to each other and of course hitting them why make both. Maybe the HM Pros have stronger lofts and cost less than the 919 Forged . Other than that why would one not prefer forged of ,and that is IF,the profiles are similiar.

Agree. Without seeing the HM Pro and 919 Forged next to each other and of course hitting them why make both. Maybe the HM Pros have stronger lofts and cost less than the 919 Forged . Other than that why would one not prefer forged of ,and that is IF,the profiles are similiar.

Because the construction will be different, so even if profiles are similar at address, HM Pro would be longer and likely more forgiving.

Man wish I had known these were coming out. I hadn’t perused GolfWRX in quite along time, because every time I do it costs me money. On a whim last month I decided to go get fitted for some new irons since my 8 year old Scratch EZ’s are starting to show a lot of wear. I knew I wanted Mizuno’s since I didn’t want to give up the feel of a nice forged club. I ended up settling on 919F’s because I just didn’t like the chunky look of the HM’s. But if I had know they were coming out with a sleeker looking HM, that would have been money. I could always use a little more toe to heel forgiveness bit like a thin top line and sole. Oh well may end up with another set of Mizuno’s come February....Damn you GolfWRX!!!

It sounds like some people are getting see the heads of these? Any one that has been able to have any thoughts about where they sit size / style wise? Presumably between the normal Hot Metals and the Forged?

Its just a hair bigger than the Forged, but same design as the regular HM. Slimmer sole and topline with less offset. Really like the idea of less offset in a GI iron as well

Because the construction will be different, so even if profiles are similar at address, HM Pro would be longer and likely more forgiving.

Well in that case it's an easy choice for this old dude! Give me the HM Pro.

Are they a slimmer, forged version of the 919 HM's or are they cast?

Please say forged.......

[size=3][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]WITB:[/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]PING G400 LST 8.5 Kuro Kage 60g X-Flex[/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mizuno MP18 MMC FliHi Px LZ 6.5 2 iron[/font][/color][/size]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Mizuno MP18 MMC 3i-PW Modus3 120 X[/size][/font][/color]
[size=3][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mizuno S18 Wedges: 49,53,59 Modus3 120 X[/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Custom Black Lab Flow Neck Putter[/font][/color][/size]

The HM Pro is HM material so they are cast.

Callaway Mavrik 9° driver Tensei Pro White 50 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 15° fairway wood Tensei Pro Blue 60 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 20° and 23° hybrids MMT 90 S Flex

Mizuno JPX 921 Tour 5-PW & GW Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4-PW Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedges 50-07, 55-13 and 60-06 Modus3 125 Wedge

Odyssey Stroke Lab Ten 

Callaway Chrome Soft Triple Track