• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job and kudos to you! I agree with some of the other posters about a dremel and smoothing things out a bit. I have been back and forth on trying my hand at this. It looks like it took a ton of time and effort. Thank you for taking us with you on your journey!

Srixon z785 9.5* - EvenFlow Handcrafted Blue 65  - Testing - Srixon ZX5 9.5* - GD ADDI 6S
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")
Taylormade M4 19* - UST Proforce V2h R -0.5" (40.25")
Adams dHy 24* - Alida RIP Phenom 70g R 

Testing - Srixon ZXU 2i, 3i - Recoil95S - Softstepped - -1/2" - 2* flat
Srixon 565 - 5-PW - 2* flat - Nippon Modus 120 S - Best Grips Classic -0.5" Testing - Srixon ZX5 4-AW - Recoil95S - Softstepped - -1/2" - 2* flat

Cleveland Zipcore Tour Rack 50*/54* mid, 58* low -0.5" - 2* flat 
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*
Odyssey OWorks 2ball  33.5" - 1* loft - 71* lie
WITB Link

Nice work! Some smoothing out will bring that weight down closer to what you're wanting also.

Thanks, I working on putter handmake some smooth. That weight down slowly...stainless steel is a heavy weight and strong.

I considered it's perfect weight putter about 350 grams but design putter head small..small..difficult from Stainless Steel is a heavy weight.

Simple, design putter aluminum more large head and tungsten weight. It's easier work.

I checked..my putter weight closed 500 grams. More work...smooth out on putter weight down..about 490 grams weight. I guess lol

Pics

Awesome job! Here is my Jeff McCoy Scratch Hand Made and hand scraped face 8802 style. 380 grams. A lot can be done with just your hands! Great start!

Omg that putter is gorgeous.

I wanted one of the Jeff McCoy Damascus putters so bad, but I was finishing my dissertation at the time and had negative cash flow. I will always feel like I missed out on those.

WITB:
Driver: Ping G400 LST 8.5* Kuro Kage Silver TINI 70s
FW: Ping G25 4 wood Kuro Kage Silver TINI 80s
Utility: 20* King Forged Utility One Length C Taper Lite S
Irons: King Forged One Length 4-PW C Taper Lite S
Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Black Satin 50, 54, 58
Putter: Custom Directed Force Reno 2.0 48" 80* Lie Side Saddle

I'm sure someone else that knows more can jump in... but I have looked into milling a putter with a drill press. From what I understand it is not recommended. Drill presses are made to withstand vertical pressure. Things can go tragically wrong if you apply too much lateral pressure.

Can someone else please verify?

The mandrel that holds the chuck in place can loosen up easily with side pressure and then the mill will chatter when you cut. A bench top milling machine will certainly do a better job.

I personally have epoxied a chuck into the drill press and then used a machinist vice to get a job done.

With some patience you can get away with inexpensive setups.

I'm sure someone else that knows more can jump in... but I have looked into milling a putter with a drill press. From what I understand it is not recommended. Drill presses are made to withstand vertical pressure. Things can go tragically wrong if you apply too much lateral pressure.

The mandrel that holds the chuck in place can loosen up easily with side pressure and then the mill will chatter when you cut. A bench top milling machine will certainly do a better job.

I personally have epoxied a chuck into the drill press and then used a machinist vice to get a job done.

Yep Redneck Engineering does work wonders. And to think I thought I was the only one to do stuff like that

Driver--- Honma G1-X Stock R shaft FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Mitsu Diamana FW 7 woodTM V- Steel 21* Stock TM R Irons 3 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan #2 Apex Shafts SW- Clevaland 588 56* Sensicore S-400 LW Cleveland 588 60* Sensicore S-400 Putter 1997 Cameron Santa FE rusty as heck Bulls Eye Satin fluted shaft Bags- Old School Burton mini staff non logo or Jones Classic

Op,, do your self a favor and buy some endmills. Looks like you are mostly using drill bits. Glad to see you actually finished it. You can find them all over Ebay and Amazon.41797df455e449681d8de4f1182614e9.jpg

LOL You are going to get a kick out of this---- I work for a metal recycling company and some end mill bits came in the yard the other day in some buckets with nuts and bolts. Rusty but looked ok on close examination. Of course I scarfed them up got them soaking in the shop in PB Blaster now. Our so called mechanic saw them and said "man someone really tore up some drill bits how in the hell did they do that?" Him being a supposedly mechanic I did not even bother to tell him what they really were. LOL again this is the same guy that did not know the difference between a bottom tap and a standard tap either

Driver--- Honma G1-X Stock R shaft FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Mitsu Diamana FW 7 woodTM V- Steel 21* Stock TM R Irons 3 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan #2 Apex Shafts SW- Clevaland 588 56* Sensicore S-400 LW Cleveland 588 60* Sensicore S-400 Putter 1997 Cameron Santa FE rusty as heck Bulls Eye Satin fluted shaft Bags- Old School Burton mini staff non logo or Jones Classic

Yep Redneck Engineering does work wonders. And to think I thought I was the only one to do stuff like that
Back in the day I made this blower manifold with a drill press and a jigsaw. They told me I couldnt do it.b17118548a41f6249ed96967fbe16e02.jpg

Back in the day I made this blower manifold with a drill press and a jigsaw. They told me I couldnt do it.b17118548a41f6249ed96967fbe16e02.jpg

WOW man you are some kind of machinist or better yet a real craftsman would be a better term used

Op,, do your self a favor and buy some endmills. Looks like you are mostly using drill bits. Glad to see you actually finished it. You can find them all over Ebay and Amazon.41797df455e449681d8de4f1182614e9.jpg

I thought that's use mill machine manual for heavy duty. It's expensive China manufacturing make a mill machine manual is a cheap sells.

I doubt it using stand drill is not working...lol. Thanks.

Stainless steel is a good use spoon,fork and knife. lol

I thought that's use mill machine manual for heavy duty. It's expensive China manufacturing make a mill machine manual is a cheap sells.

Although I have no idea what you just said,,,,,,,, the end mills are very inexpensive and a machinists vice will allow you to do some minor machining. Makes life a hell of a lot easier doing a small project like you have.

Although I have no idea what you just said,,,,,,,, the end mills are very inexpensive and a machinists vice will allow you to do some minor machining. Makes life a hell of a lot easier doing a small project like you have.

Much paying taxes to government. Make life a hell. I'm not a business of man. My cousin is a dentist own a business. Lot of money taxes like a painful.

My hobby handmake custom putter enough just for one. My custom putter is a metal (Stainless Steel 316). How to my experience.

If you don't understand wha I said. Please ignore me. Another other topic.

Holy $#!£ Dude, that’s seriously ****ing impressive. Wow!

910D2 9.5*- RIP Alpha 70x
910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

Much paying taxes to government. Make life a hell. I'm not a business of man. My cousin is a dentist own a business. Lot of money taxes like a painful.

My hobby handmake custom putter enough just for one. My custom putter is a metal (Stainless Steel 316). How to my experience.

If you don't understand wha I said. Please ignore me. Another other topic.

Classic Borat.

Knowledge of the Rules is part of the applied skill set which a player must use to play a round of competitive golf.

Holy $#!£ Dude, that’s seriously ****ing impressive. Wow!

You do know the difference between the blower and the manifold.....right?

But seriously, nice work. I would love the see the plate and it’s stages of manufacture.

I can't believe a putter was actually made here.

Pretty sure Opinder is still trolling us all.

COBRA LTD w. Hzrdus Red
WISHON 919 w. Hzrdus Red
TAYLORMADE Issue Aeroburner w. Tensei Blue
PING G25 w. Tensei Blue
PING I200 w. AWT 2.0
PING Glide 2.0 Stealth
MannKrafted Carbon WB Rattler
Xenon Copper Wide X
SGC 902

For the record, Opinder is an anagram for "Roped in" :derisive:

Callaway Epic Flash Subzero Driver, 9 degrees, Diamana S+ shaft
Srixon H85 17* hybrid
Srixon H85 20* hybrid
Srixon H85 22* hybrid
Srixon Z765 5-PW irons KBS Tour V shafts

Cleveland CBX 50* wedge
Cleveland Zipcore 54* wedge
Mizuno S18 58* wedge
Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter

You do know the difference between the blower and the manifold.....right?

But seriously, nice work. I would love the see the plate and it’s stages of manufacture.

I do, but I’ve never heard of someone making a part for a car with a jigsaw before, that’s pretty impressive.

910D2 9.5*- RIP Alpha 70x
910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

Engine looks cool. No clue what the blower or the manifold is. Lifting my hood can prove challenging at times. Might lose a finger if I attempted to build a putter.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

Engine looks cool. No clue what the blower or the manifold is. Lifting my hood can prove challenging at times. Might lose a finger if I attempted to build a putter.

He custom built an adapter plate so that his blower would fit on the intake manifold. Not sure how he got it flat enough without a machining device but he must have.

Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"

Jazz 3 wd Powercoil Stiff
Ping i20 3 Hyb 707H Stiff
TM R7 TP 3i Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
X2 Hot 4_-PW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
Vokey SM2 52º cc, Ping ES 56º and ES 60º
Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
MCC Align Midsize

He custom built an adapter plate so that his blower would fit on the intake manifold. Not sure how he got it flat enough without a machining device but he must have.

I used to build all my adaptor plates to put a Holley Carb (2 BBL) on a stock 4 cylinder intake The rules stated you had to use a stock intake. On those I could get them fairly flat with a wide belt sander upside down in a vice with fine grit paper on low speed. The kicker on all of this was I had to make my own gasket for the adaptor to intake part and we used 2 Holley carb gaskets. What the ace in the hole was a liberal amount of fuel resistant (red) silicone. You also had to run an inline restrictor plate what the kicker was on that is you wanted a little vacuum leak on the intake side of the plate because it drew a little more air in and you could jet the carb a little rich with bigger jets. Now it sounded like crap on idle and could be difficult but they ran. Took about 2 years for the tech people to figure that one out. Then they had plates made with number stamps that they had "registered" that you had to buy from the track. Did not stop some of us we drilled small holes in the creases with a jewlers bit. You could not see them unless you had on magnifying glasses like Doctors wear. I also drilled some on one of mine under the runners. They got smart to that by spraying carb cleaner in places and if the engine sped up you had a vacuum leak. I got caught in the 4 cyl Nationals qualifying with drilled intake bolts when they started the carb cleaner test. Someone was always doing something and one had to keep up. If Dan 360 comes on here he knows all those tricks too. I can write a book on some of the dirty tricks in the racing trade because I have tried a lot of them

I used to build all my adaptor plates to put a Holley Carb (2 BBL) on a stock 4 cylinder intake The rules stated you had to use a stock intake. On those I could get them fairly flat with a wide belt sander upside down in a vice with fine grit paper on low speed. The kicker on all of this was I had to make my own gasket for the adaptor to intake part and we used 2 Holley carb gaskets. What the ace in the hole was a liberal amount of fuel resistant (red) silicone. You also had to run an inline restrictor plate what the kicker was on that is you wanted a little vacuum leak on the intake side of the plate because it drew a little more air in and you could jet the carb a little rich with bigger jets. Now it sounded like crap on idle and could be difficult but they ran. Took about 2 years for the tech people to figure that one out. Then they had plates made with number stamps that they had "registered" that you had to buy from the track. Did not stop some of us we drilled small holes in the creases with a jewlers bit. You could not see them unless you had on magnifying glasses like Doctors wear. I also drilled some on one of mine under the runners. They got smart to that by spraying carb cleaner in places and if the engine sped up you had a vacuum leak. I got caught in the 4 cyl Nationals qualifying with drilled intake bolts when they started the carb cleaner test. Someone was always doing something and one had to keep up. If Dan 360 comes on here he knows all those tricks too. I can write a book on some of the dirty tricks in the racing trade because I have tried a lot of them

Ah... If you ain't cheatin'. You ain't tryin'. :)

Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"

Jazz 3 wd Powercoil Stiff
Ping i20 3 Hyb 707H Stiff
TM R7 TP 3i Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
X2 Hot 4_-PW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
Vokey SM2 52º cc, Ping ES 56º and ES 60º
Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
MCC Align Midsize

Pics

Awesome job! Here is my Jeff McCoy Scratch Hand Made and hand scraped face 8802 style. 380 grams. A lot can be done with just your hands! Great start!

While definitely an 8802 style putter, I would put it more in line with the George Low Wizard 600 profile, due to the shorter length of the blade, and the heftier flange.

Us old farts have seen these things....

Pics

While definitely an 8802 style putter, I would put it more in line with the George Low Wizard 600 profile, due to the shorter length of the blade, and the heftier flange.

Us old farts have seen these things....

Yep the blade is a little stubby length wise-- I have a Ran Gene Littler like that and believe it of not a Lynx. But I will double guarantee you Ari at Scratch put better metal in that one than either my Littler or Lynx. If that putter feels anything like his wedges then it will be outstanding