Taylormade M5 & M6 Woods - Pics added page 46

chadillac65

Expect verbiage soon. Very soon.

Just waiting on when prices on m4 pull a DJ magic mike and...

Mmmmmmmmm drrrrrrop.

Anyone know a rough time frame for when the prices will drop for the M3/M4 family?.....looking to add an M3 5W

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

Expect verbiage soon. Very soon.

Just waiting on when prices on m4 pull a DJ magic mike and...

Mmmmmmmmm drrrrrrop.

Anyone know a rough time frame for when the prices will drop for the M3/M4 family?.....looking to add an M3 5W

TXG mentioned in their latest video they have received the notification from TM of price drops on the M3/M4. I would assume it's the same schedule in US and Canada.

• Taylormade Qi10 core 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6TX
  • Taylormade Tour Issue Stealth Plus+ 3 HL - Ventus Black 8TX
  • Titleist T100 4-PW - DG TI X100
  • Taylormade MG4 50SB, 56HB, 60HBW - DG TI S400
  • Artisan Blue Bonnet 0820 - LAGP TPZ One35 USA

All of TM's secrecy has people clamoring to buy their old sutf LOL. Better be careful Callaway is ALL IN.

That does seem like a sign of the times for TM. When's the new stuff going to come out so I can get the still pretty new stuff at a lower price?

'tis the season.....

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

Somebody should check me, but I believe the LTD and LTD pro had the VCog below the neutral axis. I don't think any driver since then has.

Also, again...somebody correct me, but I thought when you drive the CG very low it raises launch and lowers spin, thus you need lower lofts, not higher. This was the whole foundation from OEM's for "jacked up lofts" in today's irons. They said due to the mega low CG's they had to lower lofts in order to keep peak height reasonable. That's why you see clubs like the 7i of an M2 with 4000 spin and carries 170 rolling out to 190.

That is true regarding the LTDs, but the F6+, XR16 Sub Zero, and M1 430 achieved this as well with the M1 430 being the potential lowest of the bunch and its vertical CoG is still a whole groove above the visual center of the face. You are right though in that it this has not been achieved since then, although the Rogue Subzero was close.

A lower CG does indeed raise launch and lower spin, however Tom Wishon addressed the the whole "jacked lofts" debate regarding that and provided evidence that its merely a red herring that OEMs used to justify the lower lofts. The CG of irons has not moved significantly at all.

Regarding drivers though, it would be more about optimizations for the masses. A driver that naturally launches higher and spins lower would definitely benefit the average golfer and those with negative AoAs to help optimize their launch conditions more easily. The low strike is also super common and would become much less penal to your launch conditions as well.

Ah, interesting I didn't know M1 430 went that low.

Oh, yes I totally agree about the whole jacked lofts thing, I was just kind of paraphrasing what OEM's told us golfers about the crazy loft changes. It's an arms race for distance in the SGI market.

Couldn't agree more though about getting launches up for the everyday golfer. My miss is low on the face as well, but I have high-ish club head speed. So I still tend to get fit into 9* heads, but with my low miss hits, I often have launch issues. I'd LOVE a head that allowed a strike under the physical center line of the club to still launch around 9* or higher. With my old M2 I was lucky to see 7-8* on my bad hits. Then I'd try to start hitting more up on the ball to raise launch but it only made it worse because I exposed more of the bottom of the face.

the same exact issues I have been fighting with the driver.

For me the M3 has been much straighter than the 16 M2 I came from. Not quite as long, but much straighter

In the words of the great Mark Crossfield, "Twist face, brah!!!". That guy is a riot.

I think my M3 was as long as my M1 (first gen). Great drivers altogether.

I admit, I wasn't a fan of it when they first came out. I demo'd the m3 and m4 and didn't care for them. Too much spin and lost distance compared to my 16 m2.

However, I never tested the m4 in the 8.5 head thinking it wouldn't launch high enough. Well, after testing a g400 lst at 8.5 and seeing optimal numbers, I decided to try the m4 in 8.5 recently.

What a difference! Tool it on course and it was phenomenal. Slightly longer than my m2 but better dispersion. I didn't compare on course head to head, will do that for grins once I get the m4. But I could tell from.places I hit the m4 that it was a bit longer.

Somebody should check me, but I believe the LTD and LTD pro had the VCog below the neutral axis. I don't think any driver since then has.

Also, again...somebody correct me, but I thought when you drive the CG very low it raises launch and lowers spin, thus you need lower lofts, not higher. This was the whole foundation from OEM's for "jacked up lofts" in today's irons. They said due to the mega low CG's they had to lower lofts in order to keep peak height reasonable. That's why you see clubs like the 7i of an M2 with 4000 spin and carries 170 rolling out to 190.

That is true regarding the LTDs, but the F6+, XR16 Sub Zero, and M1 430 achieved this as well with the M1 430 being the potential lowest of the bunch and its vertical CoG is still a whole groove above the visual center of the face. You are right though in that it this has not been achieved since then, although the Rogue Subzero was close.

A lower CG does indeed raise launch and lower spin, however Tom Wishon addressed the the whole "jacked lofts" debate regarding that and provided evidence that its merely a red herring that OEMs used to justify the lower lofts. The CG of irons has not moved significantly at all.

Regarding drivers though, it would be more about optimizations for the masses. A driver that naturally launches higher and spins lower would definitely benefit the average golfer and those with negative AoAs to help optimize their launch conditions more easily. The low strike is also super common and would become much less penal to your launch conditions as well.

Ah, interesting I didn't know M1 430 went that low.

Oh, yes I totally agree about the whole jacked lofts thing, I was just kind of paraphrasing what OEM's told us golfers about the crazy loft changes. It's an arms race for distance in the SGI market.

Couldn't agree more though about getting launches up for the everyday golfer. My miss is low on the face as well, but I have high-ish club head speed. So I still tend to get fit into 9* heads, but with my low miss hits, I often have launch issues. I'd LOVE a head that allowed a strike under the physical center line of the club to still launch around 9* or higher. With my old M2 I was lucky to see 7-8* on my bad hits. Then I'd try to start hitting more up on the ball to raise launch but it only made it worse because I exposed more of the bottom of the face.

Exactly. Hitting up on the ball, which LOTS of people are encouraged to do, brings the low strike in to play much more. You mentioned the M4 in a different post, much higher CG which would make those low strikes terrible. If OEMs could really get that CG down to the visual sweet spot or slightly below then it would be huge for that low strike. The Bulge part of the Bulge/Roll may have to be tweaked a bit as well since that is what is responsible for the lower launch with low strikes (to combat the spin increase).

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

Prices dropped on M3/M4 in august here in Sweden.

Saw our orderform a week or so back. It only says Family 1 driver, Family 1 440 driver, Family 2 driver, Family 2 d-type driver. Also woods and hybrids for each, no mention of a tour wood I'm afraid

No mention of a release date

Love the code name. Family 1 driver...

For those looking for pictures, they will be out soon. Sales meeting for US started yesterday with training and range time and golf today. The M5/M6 have a release date of Feb 1, according to the price sheet from back in Sept.

Since some of the early booking are starting to be scheduled for mid December, it wouldn’t surprise me if launch date gets moved up.

M3 9.5* / Atmos Black Tour Spec
M4 16.5* / Hzrdus Black
M4 Hybrid 19* / KBS Prototype
P-770 / Project X LZ 6.0
52* / 58* Black Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
59* Original Trusty Rusty / Hump shaft
60* Raw Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
Toulon Garage Columbus Triple Black

There will be a Tour FW....they usually come later. At an inflated price.

I do get that size wise the Tour fits between the M3 and regular M4 however I see the Tour FW as a club that really is not needed in the line. The M3 3 wood is similar in size and playability IMO.

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

Exactly. Hitting up on the ball, which LOTS of people are encouraged to do, brings the low strike in to play much more. You mentioned the M4 in a different post, much higher CG which would make those low strikes terrible. If OEMs could really get that CG down to the visual sweet spot or slightly below then it would be huge for that low strike. The Bulge part of the Bulge/Roll may have to be tweaked a bit as well since that is what is responsible for the lower launch with low strikes (to combat the spin increase).

Yeah I've worked on my swing this year but my miss is still bottomy. Went from like +5 AoA to like 3. Tried the M4 and it was soooo badddd for me. Actually got the best speed with Z785 but I just couldn't quite dial it in while I was there. I Even owned the Z785 for like 2 months but just didn't fall in love. I did really like it but either the weight was off a touch or maybe even just the shaft I had wasn't the best fit. I think it needed hot melt or a new weight for the back... something just felt "off".

Went to LTD Pro as it was cheap and has one of the lowest CG's of any driver in recent memory. Theoretically should help with my typical miss.

Saw our orderform a week or so back. It only says Family 1 driver, Family 1 440 driver, Family 2 driver, Family 2 d-type driver. Also woods and hybrids for each, no mention of a tour wood I'm afraid

YODA and SABER in the US for code names.

JWF

ALL Taylormade :)

JWF

Even better:)

The Rogue SZ has a cG slightly below the neutral axis this year and is the ONLY Driver this year to accomplish that. The PXG Driver is the next lowest....according to MGS.

Driver: Cobra LTD Pro 7.5o - Kuro Kage DC XT 70 TX - Tipped 1"

UDI: 2019 TaylorMade P790 2i

Irons: 3-PW: Srixon z745 with Modus 130x

Wedges: 52o/56o/60o - Cleveland RTX4s

Putter: Ping Kushin 4

JWF

What does the “W” stand for Wayne or William? Asking for a friend...?

Twitter: @Ed_Settle        My WITB
Driver:           Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9.0 +2 GD Tour AD HD 6X
Fairway:        Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 3W/15*  Tensei Wht AV 70S

Utility W:         Callaway UW 19* HZRDUS Black RDX 6.0 S
Hybrid:          Callaway Apex Pro 4/21* KBS Hybrid 85S

Irons:             Callaway X Forged Star 5-PW Modus 105 S
Wedges:       Callaway Jaws Raw 48S/53W/58Z DG S200 
Putter:           2022 Toulon Design Small Batch Austin 34" 

Ball:               2022 Callaway CSX LS
Bag:               VESSEL Blk Lux Cart Bag 14 way   

JWF

What does the "W" stand for Wayne or William? Asking for a friend...

WRIGHT sometimes I think my middle name is LEFT though LOL

ALL Taylormade :)

JWF

What does the "W" stand for Wayne or William? Asking for a friend...��

WRIGHT sometimes I think my middle name is LEFT though LOL

Q.L....Quick Left?

Twitter: @Ed_Settle        My WITB
Driver:           Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9.0 +2 GD Tour AD HD 6X
Fairway:        Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 3W/15*  Tensei Wht AV 70S

Utility W:         Callaway UW 19* HZRDUS Black RDX 6.0 S
Hybrid:          Callaway Apex Pro 4/21* KBS Hybrid 85S

Irons:             Callaway X Forged Star 5-PW Modus 105 S
Wedges:       Callaway Jaws Raw 48S/53W/58Z DG S200 
Putter:           2022 Toulon Design Small Batch Austin 34"