Taylormade M5 & M6 Woods - Pics added page 46

chadillac65

Mine came in today, played 22 holes before it got dark. Stupid long and forgiving. M5 9 degree front weight all the way forward second way almost all the way to draw. I ordered it with the non pro Tensei white 70 X tipped an additional 0.5 planning on just putting my pro white in it, but I will not be touching this club. I hit every fairway except one. My playing partner and I are the same length generally, I was 25 yards longer than him all day and my misses were just as long as his pured.

"Me and my golf buddy are usually the same distance but after buying this driver this week I've been like 20 yards further all day!" is pretty much my favorite driver review metric. I base all buying decisions off of it.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

I want to grab the M5 3-wood. I saw my local golf shop has a 50% trade in for the M5/6. Might throw my M3 trade up for the M5.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 10.5*
Fairway: TaylorMade M6 15*
Fairway: TaylorMade M2 18*
Irons: Titleist 718 T-MB 4 iron
Irons: Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX-Zipcore 50*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 54*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 60*
Putter: TaylorMade Spider X

"Me and my golf buddy are usually the same distance but after buying this driver this week I've been like 20 yards further all day!" is pretty much my favorite driver review metric. I base all buying decisions off of it.

. Glad I could be of help, how’s your long distance plan? Need advice there too?

Titleist TSR2 9 w/Ventus Black 6X
TM BRNR Mini 13.5 w/Ventus TR Blue 7X

Titleist TSR3 18 w/Ventus Black 9X or TM P760 3 w/HZRDUS Black 6.5 105
Artisan FC 4, Artisan HC 5&6, Artisan MB 7-PW (4 TI X100 120, 5-PW TI X100)
Artisan 51,55,60 (51 TI X100; 55,60 TI S400)
Artisan 0117 Slant Neck

Mine came in today, played 22 holes before it got dark. Stupid long and forgiving. M5 9 degree front weight all the way forward second way almost all the way to draw. I ordered it with the non pro Tensei white 70 X tipped an additional 0.5 planning on just putting my pro white in it, but I will not be touching this club. I hit every fairway except one. My playing partner and I are the same length generally, I was 25 yards longer than him all day and my misses were just as long as his pured.

How does it compare against your G400 LST?

Sound and feel are very subjective, I will say they got it right on the M5. I’ve had M1, M2(both gens), M3, this one sounds the best. I’d say the M5 has a more penetrating ball flight, doesn’t get to its apex as quickly. The G400 LST is a great driver and long as well, but what really impressed me is how much distance is retained on miss hits with the M5.

Artisan 0117 Slant Neck

How does it compare against your G400 LST?

Sound and feel are very subjective, I will say they got it right on the M5. I’ve had M1, M2(both gens), M3, this one sounds the best. I’d say the M5 has a more penetrating ball flight, doesn’t get to its apex as quickly. The G400 LST is a great driver and long as well, but what really impressed me is how much distance is retained on miss hits with the M5.

That’s encouraging because the G400 LST is one of the more forgiving drivers I’ve played. I love my 2016 M2 but it’s punishing when I hit it low on the face. I probably get 20-30 yards more on the LST compared to the M2 on mishits. If I can do better with the M5 I’d be pretty happpy. Even if the bottom cracks ;)

Titleist TR2 - Graphite design DI

Titleist Tsi2 - 15*

Callaway Apex 20*

Srixon ZX 7 4-PW

Cleveland Zipcore 54* & 58*

Odyssey #7 CH

That slot near the face essentially kills the spin and turns a terrible low miss into an 80% result. I hit about 5 of those yesterday at golf town.

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 Mizuno MMT 80X

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 4 Iron Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

That slot near the face essentially kills the spin and turns a terrible low miss into an 80% result. I hit about 5 of those yesterday at golf town.

That’s the same experience I had. I hit one or two that I thought I completely missed that and look up and it’s stilll a good drive.

Artisan 0117 Slant Neck

I went to get a couple re-grips this morning, looked at some of the new stuff.

M5 looks fantastic at address, M6 good also, F9 looks good, Epic Flash standard looked terrible to me, SZ looks awesome, but already hit it....

Definitely demo the M5, really a good looking 460 head, like paint better than M3\4. I doubt I change out, but will be hitting this for sure.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

M5 looks fantastic at address, M6 good also, F9 looks good, Epic Flash standard looked terrible to me, SZ looks awesome, but already hit it....

Definitely demo the M5, really a good looking 460 head, like paint better than M3\4. I doubt I change out, but will be hitting this for sure.

M5 460 looks really good. I can only imagine how the Tour version will look..

M5 460 looks really good. I can only imagine how the Tour version will look..

Can’t wait!

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

They could sell a lot more if they would just go back to black instead of their recent color palettes.

And you know this because...???

I'm sure TaylorMade has plenty of market research indicating the brand awareness benefits of having an immediately recognizable color scheme on their metal wood line.

I like the current look.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

All reviews online says 3-5yds gain,not by ball speed increase but higher launch and less spin. Ya'll seeing way better results than that?

25yds gain from what? 285yd or 210?

*I'm genuinely curious, not trying to poke a fire.

High launch at 15 and low spin at 1500 to 1700. It’s not necessarily longer. I haven’t decided if I’m going to get fit to dial it in more but I should. There is a lot of potential here

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

How do you suppose to get fit for a TM M5 Tour in Toronto?

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, Kuro Kage 606 S
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

I have to wait like the rest of you, mid March I've been told. I have great options for a fitting (if I go that route and should). Two TXG locations within an hour of my house, two Taylormade performance labs within an hour as well. We just don't have hockey rinks here lol!

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

First round with the M6 driver and M5 fairway was very pleasing. Unusual for me to stick clubs in the bag and have them perform on Day 1 with just a handful of range balls. M6/Smoke combo was immediately better for me than the M3/Rogue combo I had in the bag last year. I only had a couple of occasions to hit the M5/Smoke fairway, once off the tee and once off the deck, but I was impressed with the feel and sound, and the one off the deck was ripped. These clubs have me really excited for the season.

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, Tensei White 65S
Taylormade BRNR Mini, 11.5*, GD AD-IZ 7X

Taylormade Sim Ti 18*, GD AD-IZ 7X

Taylormade Qi 4i, Dart 90 S

Taylormade P790 5i - 6i, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade P770 7i-AW, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade MG 3 56*, & 60*, MMT 105 S +1"
Taylormade MyTP Juno Long Neck, 35"

All reviews online says 3-5yds gain,not by ball speed increase but higher launch and less spin. Ya'll seeing way better results than that?

I went and got fit yesterday at The Kingdom. I went from current set up of M3 9.5* with Tensei Pro Orange and M2 Tour 15* fairway with Tour AD BB. I was fit into M5 9* with Tour AD IZ shaft. Launch increased from 13* to 15* and spin dropped from 2300 to 2000. I picked up 8 yards on average. Honestly, the 15* launch looked weird to me because I'm not used to the ball coming out that high for "my window". However, the numbers did not lie and I told the guy, "I'll get used to a new window".

I also picked a few yards on the 3 wood, but that was not my main objective there. I need something that is versatile for off the tee and out of the fairway. The M6 fairway was easier to hit off the turf, but it flew WAY too high off a tee. Therefore, I went with the 14* M5 head with Tour AD IZ shaft. Great off the tee and easy to hit off the turf.

Titleist TSR2 - 8* Ventus Red TR 6X
Titleist TSi2 - 15* - Ventus Red TR 7X
Titleist TSR3 19* Hybrid
Titleist U500 - 4 iron DG TI X-100
Titleist T100 5-9 DG TI X-100
Titleist Vokey SM9 (46*, 52*, 56*, 60*) raw 
Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5

I went and got fit yesterday at The Kingdom. I went from current set up of M3 9.5* with Tensei Pro Orange and M2 Tour 15* fairway with Tour AD BB. I was fit into M5 9* with Tour AD IZ shaft. Launch increased from 13* to 15* and spin dropped from 2300 to 2000. I picked up 8 yards on average. Honestly, the 15* launch looked weird to me because I'm not used to the ball coming out that high for "my window". However, the numbers did not lie and I told the guy, "I'll get used to a new window".

I also picked a few yards on the 3 wood, but that was not my main objective there. I need something that is versatile for off the tee and out of the fairway. The M6 fairway was easier to hit off the turf, but it flew WAY too high off a tee. Therefore, I went with the 14* M5 head with Tour AD IZ shaft. Great off the tee and easy to hit off the turf.

Carson

I was messing around on TM yesterday with a buddy and we tried the M5 and M6. I currently have an M2 with iZ 7 stiff and so I tried that shaft in the M5 10.5* head. I got close to the height I was wanting at around 100 ft apex but the ball speed wasn't that much more than the M2. The spin was really low though in the 2000 I think I needed more launch angle to get to optimal numbers but in the end I am not sure I have the swing speed at 104mph to make that combo work.

What's your swing speed?

It also exposed that my current setup is leaving yards of carry on the table, approx. 7 as I cant get the smash factor, i'm at 1.46.

I tried the M6 with the Tensei orange stiff and that gave better numbers all around, launch close to 14 and spin at 2300. Going to give it a try with the iZ today to see if the launch is there.

Carson

I was messing around on TM yesterday with a buddy and we tried the M5 and M6. I currently have an M2 with iZ 7 stiff and so I tried that shaft in the M5 10.5* head. I got close to the height I was wanting at around 100 ft apex but the ball speed wasn't that much more than the M2. The spin was really low though in the 2000 I think I needed more launch angle to get to optimal numbers but in the end I am not sure I have the swing speed at 104mph to make that combo work.

What's your swing speed?

It also exposed that my current setup is leaving yards of carry on the table, approx. 7 as I cant get the smash factor, i'm at 1.46.

I tried the M6 with the Tensei orange stiff and that gave better numbers all around, launch close to 14 and spin at 2300. Going to give it a try with the iZ today to see if the launch is there.

I was swinging at 100 yesterday. I told the fitter that during the season my SS is at 105. He asked me to dial it up and try to hit one hard. I then hit one at 106 just so he could see the numbers.

FYI- I usually hit the center of the face but could never get more than 1.46 smash on my M3. I was immediately 1.49 with lowest smash of 1.47 on the M5. With the M5 fairway, I was anywhere from 1.49-1.52.

Titleist TSR2 - 8* Ventus Red TR 6X
Titleist TSi2 - 15* - Ventus Red TR 7X
Titleist TSR3 19* Hybrid
Titleist U500 - 4 iron DG TI X-100
Titleist T100 5-9 DG TI X-100
Titleist Vokey SM9 (46*, 52*, 56*, 60*) raw 
Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5

M5 tour or m6? What’s everyone’s thoughts

Hard to say since the M5 tour hasn’t come out yet. However there are a couple people here that have hit it.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

Carson

What's your swing speed?

I was swinging at 100 yesterday. I told the fitter that during the season my SS is at 105. He asked me to dial it up and try to hit one hard. I then hit one at 106 just so he could see the numbers.

FYI- I usually hit the center of the face but could never get more than 1.46 smash on my M3. I was immediately 1.49 with lowest smash of 1.47 on the M5. With the M5 fairway, I was anywhere from 1.49-1.52.

I was at 104+ with the M2 and iZ and couldn't get the smash past 1.46/1.47...….I was swinging slower with the M5 and M6 but got higher smash with the M5 and then 1.48/1.49 with the M6 at around 101with the Tensei orange. Tried the M6 again today with the Atmos black and hit a few really good ones......now cant decide between the Tensei orange and the Atmos black for the M6.

M5 tour or m6? What’s everyone’s thoughts

Hard to say since the M5 tour hasn’t come out yet. However there are a couple people here that have hit it.

The people who have hit it say it’s a monster:)

;)

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")