Taylormade M5 & M6 Woods - Pics added page 46

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If anyone was interested in this

> @Howie said: > For those with the M5 driver...what are your weight settings and what factors influenced the decision to position them as you have?   I have one all the way forward one all th

> @boggyman said: > Hit the 5 and 6 fairways couple days ago. Been on the fence. Like the sound and feel of golfball when it leave face of 5 but like the shape of the 6 better at address behin

So clear up a bit of confusion for me. If you have a head at 239, and one at the max 257, how much additional benefit is that to the average golfer?

Sorry if this has already been ask, but is the average 100 mph guy going to see anything dramatic?? Would be surprised if so.

1 yard

Callaway Mavrik 9° driver Tensei Pro White 50 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 15° fairway wood Tensei Pro Blue 60 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 20° and 23° hybrids MMT 90 S Flex

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-PW & GW Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedges 50-07, 55-13 and 60-06 Modus3 125 Wedge

Odyssey Stroke Lab Ten 

Callaway Chrome Soft Triple Track

So far I’ve been enjoying the m5 driver paired with tensei white pro. A better ball flight for me than the m3, as I had to use the 440 head last year to fit the trajectory window I was looking for, but this year the 460 seems so consistent that I don’t have interest in the 435 head.

Regarding m5 fw, I was hesitant at first because I’ve traditionally played the 3HL variants of TM woods, with the RBZ Stg2 tour being my favorite. Happy to report the 15 degree m5 launches high enough for me to feel comfortable, almost as high as last years m3 3HL.

My mission is to find the right weight setting to give the sound/feel I am looking for. (Not a huge believer of how much weights change ballflight unless it’s a drastic change).

What shaft did you go with for the M5 fw? Did you go with another pro white?

I've kept moving my old Fujikura pro 73 over since the RBZ days.

M3 440 IZ-6
M3 15 IZ-7
P790
Handground Vokeys
009M custom

Was planning on getting the G410 lst fairway today. Love the look, and was getting great numbers. Then I hit the M5 for fun and holy crap, it was good. 10 yards further than the g410 with better feel. I was pretty shocked, these woods are unreal.

Cally Mavrik 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi HB

Titleist TSi3 15*, Tensei Raw Blue 75

PXG Gen 2 fairway, 19.5*, Aldila Rogue White

Mizuno JPX 921 Tour 4-P, KBS $ Taper

Cleveland Zipcore Raw 50*, 54*, 58*/ DGTI Spinner

Odyssey Toulon Portland 

Was planning on getting the G410 lst fairway today. Love the look, and was getting great numbers. Then I hit the M5 for fun and holy crap, it was good. 10 yards further than the g410 with better feel. I was pretty shocked, these woods are unreal.

I’m not sold yet on the G410. I’ve yet to hit it near as well as I’ve hit my M6.

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

Well hit the m5 and m6 on TM today with my gamer shaft Tensei Pro orange 70tx

Got more ballspeed out of the m6, hit 181mph a couple time. Spin was in the 2000-2300 range. Very nice club.

Would figure I would be fit into a $1000 driver lol

Taylormade Sim 9* (9.75*) Accra tour Z RPG 472 m5+
Titleist TS3 15* Synergy green proto 80tx

Titleist U500 2 iron Aerotech HLS 980 xstiff
Taylormade p750 4-PW
Callaway md4 52/56/ 60
Scotty Cameron 2012 Newport 2

Something I will add about the M5 fairways (I have the 3 and 5...LOVE the 5 wood especially) that is totally annoying is that the sole/weight/etc CANNOT be kept clean. All those nooks and crannies and negative areas pack up with grass and dirt on every swing. Especially as wet and crappy as it is here in Georgia this winter. I have to damn near pressure wash them after every round.

Something I will add about the M5 fairways (I have the 3 and 5...LOVE the 5 wood especially) that is totally annoying is that the sole/weight/etc CANNOT be kept clean. All those nooks and crannies and negative areas pack up with grass and dirt on every swing. Especially as wet and crappy as it is here in Georgia this winter. I have to damn near pressure wash them after every round.

The weather has sucked big time this winter here in Atlanta. Sooooooo much rain!

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

The weather has sucked big time this winter here in Atlanta. Sooooooo much rain!

I feel you guys pain right up I85 in spartanburg. It’s like playing in a marsh most days.

TM Sim Max 10.5 Ventus Red 6x 

TM RBZ 14* Addi 8x 

TM Gapr bonded 18* evenflow blue 6.5 

Miura MC-501 3-Pw DG.X7

Artisan 53 59 s400

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

My M6 fairways fitting:

TM rep came to a local shop to do fittings and I was due for a fairway upgrade. My M2 HL has been a trusted club in the bag now for 2 seasons. Used my own ball the Z-Star XV for the whole fitting. After warming up I hit about 3 solid strikes with my current gamer M2 16,5 with GD AD DI 6x. Got exactly my assumed numbers on the Trackman: 230 carry 250 total. Was pleased with the results and assumed anything the fitter puts into my hands is going to have a hard time beating that..

Looked at both new fw's at address and I liked the shape of the M6 fw more then the M5. The M6 is closer to the looks of the M2, naturally. Hit both and also liked the sound better off the M6 so that's what we started to work on.

The fitter had just gotten the custom no-up charge shafted M6 fairways into the fitting bag, got to take the plastics off a lot of them, it's always nice :D

My goal for the fitting was to get more distance out of the fairway. I'm clad to say we archived that goal, and then some. Hit all the shots off the ground. Tested pretty much all the shafts that are not up-charge in stiff and X and we got the best numbers out of the Hzrdus Smoke and the Rogue Silver. The Silver felt somewhat loose on the back swing so we decided on the Smoke in 6.5 standard with MCC Algin grip. It got the same height then my old M2 even though I am missing 1,5 of loft. And to be honest, I looked down on the 16,5 version of the M6 fw and since these now have the twistface, it looked like it had 20 degrees of loft on it, could not game that. The Smoke is an interesting shaft, it's there for the whole swing, but it's not boardy like the HZ Black.. The fitter said it's profile is closer to HZ Red. Anyway, was not expecting to be fitted into that shaft in 6.5 coming from a smooth shaft like the AD DI.

So the end result is M6 fw with a proper strike, 250carry 275total. That thing is a beast, I got more yards than I was looking for. Even with bad strikes got proper carry numbers. It was easy to validate the buy since the M6 fw is an improvement on all aspects, looks, feel & performance.

Can't wait for the summer :)

Cobra SpeedZone 10,5° Tensei 50gram S 48" / Taylormade SIM MAX 18° Hzrdus Smoke Yellow 70 6.0 / Ping G410 Crossover 21°Hzrdus Smoke 90 6.0 / Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 105S / Ping Glide3.0 52/56° PingZ / Ping Glide Forged 60° DG TI S400 / Scotty Cameron Phantom X 12,5 33,5"Stability Tour Shaft / Bridgestone Tour B XS

My M6 fairways fitting:

TM rep came to a local shop to do fittings and I was due for a fairway upgrade. My M2 HL has been a trusted club in the bag now for 2 seasons. Used my own ball the Z-Star XV for the whole fitting. After warming up I hit about 3 solid strikes with my current gamer M2 16,5 with GD AD DI 6x. Got exactly my assumed numbers on the Trackman: 230 carry 250 total. Was pleased with the results and assumed anything the fitter puts into my hands is going to have a hard time beating that..

Looked at both new fw's at address and I liked the shape of the M6 fw more then the M5. The M6 is closer to the looks of the M2, naturally. Hit both and also liked the sound better off the M6 so that's what we started to work on.

The fitter had just gotten the custom no-up charge shafted M6 fairways into the fitting bag, got to take the plastics off a lot of them, it's always nice :D

My goal for the fitting was to get more distance out of the fairway. I'm clad to say we archived that goal, and then some. Hit all the shots off the ground. Tested pretty much all the shafts that are not up-charge in stiff and X and we got the best numbers out of the Hzrdus Smoke and the Rogue Silver. The Silver felt somewhat loose on the back swing so we decided on the Smoke in 6.5 standard with MCC Algin grip. It got the same height then my old M2 even though I am missing 1,5 of loft. And to be honest, I looked down on the 16,5 version of the M6 fw and since these now have the twistface, it looked like it had 20 degrees of loft on it, could not game that. The Smoke is an interesting shaft, it's there for the whole swing, but it's not boardy like the HZ Black.. The fitter said it's profile is closer to HZ Red. Anyway, was not expecting to be fitted into that shaft in 6.5 coming from a smooth shaft like the AD DI.

So the end result is M6 fw with a proper strike, 250carry 275total. That thing is a beast, I got more yards than I was looking for. Even with bad strikes got proper carry numbers. It was easy to validate the buy since the M6 fw is an improvement on all aspects, looks, feel & performance.

The fairways are not available in 16.5 so you probably picked up the extra distance from playing a well fitted 15

The fairways are not available in 16.5 so you probably picked up the extra distance from playing a well fitted 15

Sure it is: JJI06_zoom_D.jpg

But I had no need to go into the head as I described in my post.

Gained distance came from better ball speed, optimized trajectory and lower spin.

Cobra SpeedZone 10,5° Tensei 50gram S 48" / Taylormade SIM MAX 18° Hzrdus Smoke Yellow 70 6.0 / Ping G410 Crossover 21°Hzrdus Smoke 90 6.0 / Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 105S / Ping Glide3.0 52/56° PingZ / Ping Glide Forged 60° DG TI S400 / Scotty Cameron Phantom X 12,5 33,5"Stability Tour Shaft / Bridgestone Tour B XS

Thinking hard about picking up an M6 head only. How's the headweight typically? I like a short driver (43.5"). I have a sweet AD-DI 9X ready to go. How much lead tape would I have to add to get to a reasonable SW?

Callaway Mavrik SZ Triple Diamond 9° w/ Fuji Motore Speeder VC 6.2 Tour Spec X-Flex
Taylormade SIM 19° set to 17.5° w/ Graphite Design Tour AD DI 9X
Titleist U510 2 Iron 18° w/ PX 6.0
Titleist 680 MB 3-PW w/ DG X100
TaylorMade MG2 TW 56°, 60° w/ DGS400
Odyssey White Hot Tour 7H 33"

Gained distance came from better ball speed, optimized trajectory and lower spin.

Weird -not available here in Australia and also not on TMAG website. A pain in the arse really as I would have preferred that over the M5 I have just ordered. Good luck with the club

Took one out to demo and found the same thing - I ended up using the shoe cleaner air hose to clean it up.

I was impressed though.

SIM Max 12* - HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5
SIM 15* 3W - Diamana 75s 
SIM 2i UDI Diamana Thump / 5i Steelfiber 95s
M5 6-AW Steelfiber 95s
TM Milled Grind 54* / 58*
Cleveland RTX 62*
Putter / TM TP5 Pix

Weird -not available here in Australia and also not on TMAG website. A pain in the arse really as I would have preferred that over the M5 I have just ordered. Good luck with the club

The M6 16.5 is listed as a "Ladies Fairway" on the TM website. The folks at TM with whom I spoke at the launch event made a point to indicate there were no HL fairway woods in M5/M6 this year, so I don't know what it would take to play the ladies 16.5. Perhaps it's a different head weight and would require a bit of tweaking to play it? Or maybe it's just an M6 16.5 and would play fine. I'm not sure.

TaylorMade SIM 8.0, Diamana Kai'li 60S, 44.75"
TaylorMade M5 Rocket 3, Tensei Blue X, 42.5"
TaylorMade SIM Max Rescue 19, Fujikura Atmos Blue Tour Spec 8X Hybrid
TaylorMade P770 (2020) 3-4, KBS $-Taper S
TaylorMade P7MC 5-6, KBS $-Taper S

TaylorMade P7MB 7-PW, KBS $-Taper S
TaylorMade MG2 52, Hi-Toe 58 - DG S400 Tour Issue
TaylorMade Milled Juno proto, 40.5" armlock
TaylorMade TP5x (2017)
jll62's WITB

My M6 fairways fitting:

What was your ball speed and spin?

Something to keep an eye on, assuming spin is low with 25 yards of roll out. You mentioned using them from the fairway so you want to make sure they are flying high enough to stop at some point. I went down the ultra low spin route with 3 wood and ended up not being a huge fan as I use mine into par 5’s more than anywhere else.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

Spent some time with the M5 & M6 on trackman last week, with the same shafts the M6 was avg 3.4 yards carry longer. This was with an avg SS of 108. The only reason I didn't buy the M6 was when setting up behind the ball and the club is soled the back weight of the M6 makes the face want to sit closed.

Callaway Mavrik Triple Diamond / Tensei CK Pro White 70Tx
Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero 15 / Tensei CK Pro White 80Tx
TM 790 3i recoil utility proto 110
Srixon 785 4-PW / Nippon 130x
Vokey sm7 raw 50.54.58 KBS tour 120x
Bridgestone B330s
Bettinardi Kuch arm lock

The M6 16.5 is listed as a "Ladies Fairway" on the TM website. The folks at TM with whom I spoke at the launch event made a point to indicate there were no HL fairway woods in M5/M6 this year, so I don't know what it would take to play the ladies 16.5. Perhaps it's a different head weight and would require a bit of tweaking to play it? Or maybe it's just an M6 16.5 and would play fine. I'm not sure.

According to the TM website the tip size of the M6 16.5 Ladies Fairway is .370

Hoping someone can give me a little help here. I was fit for the M5 driver about a month ago and asked the fitter to strictly keep me in no upcharge shafts. I was fit into the Tensei Orange Stiff to help keep my spin rate down as I was very high with my old M1 with the stock Kuro Kage shaft. Well... now I’m ready to order and willing to spend the extra cash on an upgraded shaft but don’t know which to consider.... and am not thrilled about paying for another fitting...

Swing speed is around 104-105, handicap is 9.7, spin rate was my biggest issue in my old gamer.

GD IZ 6S? Tensei Orange Pro? Anyone able to help my sanity???

Hoping someone can give me a little help here. I was fit for the M5 driver about a month ago and asked the fitter to strictly keep me in no upcharge shafts. I was fit into the Tensei Orange Stiff to help keep my spin rate down as I was very high with my old M1 with the stock Kuro Kage shaft. Well... now I’m ready to order and willing to spend the extra cash on an upgraded shaft but don’t know which to consider.... and am not thrilled about paying for another fitting...

Swing speed is around 104-105, handicap is 9.7, spin rate was my biggest issue in my old gamer.

Do you have to pay for a fitting if you are buying a retail priced driver with an upcharge shaft??

I would recommend the IZ, but you could also go with 6X to lower the spin..

What was your ball speed and spin?

Something to keep an eye on, assuming spin is low with 25 yards of roll out. You mentioned using them from the fairway so you want to make sure they are flying high enough to stop at some point. I went down the ultra low spin route with 3 wood and ended up not being a huge fan as I use mine into par 5's more than anywhere else.

Yes you are correct, I really have to keep an eye on those aspects. I will be keeping the M2 fw in the backup bag for sure.

With the M6 in HZ smoke 6.5 I was around 2200/2500 to 3000 with the smoke AoA around 2 to 4 and ball speeds 150 to 153.

Do you have to pay for a fitting if you are buying a retail priced driver with an upcharge shaft??

Yes, not buying through the fitter so I unfortunately would...

Yes, not buying through the fitter so I unfortunately would...

Seems like pro orange is universally liked so you probably can’t go wrong there and it’s plenty low spin.

Callaway Epic Flash TD - Graphite Design VR Callaway Epic SZ 15* Callaway Apex 20* Bridgestone J15cb - 4-PW Vokey SM7 - 52* & 58* Spider X

Find a local TM demo day. I was at one recently, basic Trackman fitting with various stock and upcharge shafts was free and they have a discount if you purchased there. I wouldn't spend $200+ on an upcharge shaft on a whim.

What was your spin/launch with the stock tensei?