Taylormade M5 & M6 Woods - Pics added page 46

chadillac65

I'm only 1 round in with the M5 but I feel more comfortable with hitting the center of the clubface than the M6. I think the M5 feels more lively than the M6. I assumed the M6 would be the best fit since I've been playing the M2 2016.

tried m5 and I feel the same way. I'm coming from 16 m2 as well.

but the crown of m5 already cracked. wtf?

Yikes! That's not good. Hopefully they are handling!

Driver: Titleist TSR2

Fairways: TaylorMade M1 (2017) Aldila Black; Cobra Baffler F6

Irons: Cobra KING Forged Tec Irons Steelfiber i110cw

Wedges: Ping Glide 2.0 54*; Callaway JAWS Full Toe 58*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Versa 3T

Ball: Srixon Z-Star XV

Can anyone give feedback on if you would consider m6 driver high launch or low? Obviously shaft plays a key. Right now I play 2016 M2 9.5 degree with tensei blue and and like the launch I get. Not sure if I should go 10.5 or 9. I know loft can be adjusted but I prefer the nuetral setting so club face isn't opened or closed.

I don’t consider the M6 to be that high launching. But I hit the ball low and fairly low spin numbers.

I'm a mid launcher and okay the tensei orange or the smoke shaft in it with great trajectory

Do you have a link to the eBay auction. Going to buy a set for sure

I bought item number 153254317572 it's going to take a while but the snow is melting pretty slow around here..

G430 Max 10K Hzrdus RDX Red 60 / Ping G430 Max 5fw KBS TD 70 / Titleist TSi2 4Hy  Tensei CK Pro Orange 80HY 

Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 120 / Cleveland RTX2.0 50° DG S200 / Ping Glide3.0 56° DG TI S400 / Ping Glide4.0 60° DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom 7.5 Stability Tour / Titleist ProV1x

Where from did yours crack? Can you show a pic?

G430 Max 10K Hzrdus RDX Red 60 / Ping G430 Max 5fw KBS TD 70 / Titleist TSi2 4Hy  Tensei CK Pro Orange 80HY 

Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 120 / Cleveland RTX2.0 50° DG S200 / Ping Glide3.0 56° DG TI S400 / Ping Glide4.0 60° DG TI S400

That's the 1st one I have heard of, all other have broken on the bottom, the carbon-fiber flap. Where on the crown did yours brake? Can you show a pic?

Anyone have any opinions/solutions on adding heavier weights ? Despite ordering my M5 1.5” short, the headweight still only came into 195g which means I have 10g of lead tape on the club to get the 205g headweight I need for the shorter length. Have seen M3 weights sort-of work, but looking for alternative solutions aside from hotmelt or lead tape.

From what I've read here the M3 weights work on the front-back track, but not on the heel-toe track. If you need the additional weight on the heel-toe track just stick with the tape until the M5 weights start to pop up online. I'd be shocked if those weren't available soon. Otherwise, M3 weights are inexpensive & readily available.

I think I'm stuck with ordering a 10g M3 weight and play w/ (3) weights until they come out with "real" M5 options. I play my driver at 44" so need to get the headweight up to 205g which is where I have my M2 currently. Stock heidweight came it at 195g with adapter.

I can confirm the M3 weights DO NOT work with the M5 in any way shape or form.

The bottom half of the M3 weight will only fit in the "fade" position of the draw/fade track. The top half of the M3 weight only fits in the front/back track. And if you try to create a franken/hybrid of a top half of M5 weight and bottom half of M3 weight - the screw length is not appropriate.

In sum - M3 weights are NOT a solution. Back to lead tape...

When I first saw pics of the M5 and M6 I thought they were horrendous, but now after seeing the M5 in person and hitting it... I want it. For me it launches high with low spin. The cut is automatic and I can flight it down pretty easily. The matte crown is awesome. Only thing I’d change is extending the silver part, similar to the 2nd gen M1/M2.

When I first saw pics of the M5 and M6 I thought they were horrendous, but now after seeing the M5 in person and hitting it... I want it. For me it launches high with low spin. The cut is automatic and I can flight it down pretty easily. The matte crown is awesome. Only thing I’d change is extending the silver part, similar to the 2nd gen M1/M2.

i wish the silver was wider also. Kinda the trade make of the m series

When I first saw pics of the M5 and M6 I thought they were horrendous, but now after seeing the M5 in person and hitting it... I want it. For me it launches high with low spin. The cut is automatic and I can flight it down pretty easily. The matte crown is awesome. Only thing I'd change is extending the silver part, similar to the 2nd gen M1/M2.

I agree this is a great looking driver. i just cant get the same performance out of it that i can with either the F9, or epic flash.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

How do these compare to m1 and m2?

Slightly longer than my M1 (which I loved!), but not a whole lot, definitely the main gain for me is the forgiveness. Slight miss hits don't lose as much. And that to me is far more important.

I also adored the look of the M1/M2.. but an M5 with a white Oban might just be the best looking club I've ever owned.

I looked at the driving distance there for Rory, Dustin, Day (can't remember who else) & they all seem to have lost a few yards from last years driving stats. 2019 vs 2018. M5 vs M3/M4.

Probably means shag all so early on in the year.

There was also a freezing cold tournament where they were "bombing it" 280. Although I guess the WGC Mexico balances that out with the same drives going 360, hah.

At the end of the year we will likely find that the numbers are pretty similar.

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 9* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16.5* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 18* Graphite Design AD-IZ 95X
Callaway X-Forged Single Diamond 22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

I looked at the driving distance there for Rory, Dustin, Day (can't remember who else) & they all seem to have lost a few yards from last years driving stats. 2019 vs 2018. M5 vs M3/M4.

There was also a freezing cold tournament where they were "bombing it" 280. Although I guess the WGC Mexico balances that out with the same drives going 360, hah.

I didn’t find the magical 10 yards but I’m hitting it straighter and my mishits are way better compared to my ‘16 M2.

Titleist TR2 - Graphite design DI

Titleist Tsi2 - 15*

Callaway Apex 20*

Srixon ZX 7 4-PW

Cleveland Zipcore 54* & 58*

Odyssey #7 CH

How do these compare to m1 and m2?

For me the 2017 M1 is a better looking club, and the M5 feels better with a little less spin overall. Dispersion about the same for me.

M5 is definitely a bit more forgiving in terms of ball speed/distance, especially on thin misses.

Vs M1 the M5 also seems to go better off a center strike. The M1 spun a little too much on a center strike but was phenomenal with a slightly high strike. For me, the M5 seems to go about the same (as the M1 hit high) whether hit center or a little high.

Overall I consider it a nice improvement over the M1. Not really any longer but definitely more consistent.

Rogue ST LS 10.5 | TSi2 15 | G425 4H 20.5 | ZX4 4 | ZX5 5-P | CBX ZC 48 & 52.5 | RTX ZC TR 58 | Itsy Bitsy Spider | TP5x

If anyone has experience with the M5/M6 and Ping LST I'd love to hear your comparative thoughts. I'm really happy with the LST, but the ho in me wants a new driver.

Paradym 10.5

Epic 3w 15

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Titelist T150

Callaway Jaws 5 50*, 54*

Cleve Zip 60*

Ping PLD3/Rahm Rossie S/TP Mills Fleetwood custom

If anyone has experience with the M5/M6 and Ping LST I'd love to hear your comparative thoughts. I'm really happy with the LST, but the ho in me wants a new driver.

Hit my G400 lst agaisnt the m5 and m6 with the same shaft (PO70tx)

M5/m6 spun a little less. Launched a bit lower

G400 spun a bit more and launched a touch higher.

Both were about the same distance

Like the look of the m5/m6

Ballspeeds were nigher with the m6 for me then the m5.

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Tri-hot double wide 

I didn’t find the magical 10 yards but I’m hitting it straighter and my mishits are way better compared to my ‘16 M2.

what's ball flight comparison m6 and M2? Similar higher lower?

what's ball flight comparison m6 and M2? Similar higher lower?

Higher. One of the main struggles I had with the M2 was not getting enough height and I don’t have that issue with the M5. Actually I wish I got the 9.5 in the M5 vs going 10.5.

Titleist TR2 - Graphite design DI

Titleist Tsi2 - 15*

Callaway Apex 20*

Srixon ZX 7 4-PW

Cleveland Zipcore 54* & 58*

Odyssey #7 CH

M5 is only 9* not 9.5 this yesr

M3 9.5* / Atmos Black Tour Spec
M4 16.5* / Hzrdus Black
M4 Hybrid 19* / KBS Prototype
P-770 / Project X LZ 6.0
52* / 58* Black Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
59* Original Trusty Rusty / Hump shaft
60* Raw Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
Toulon Garage Columbus Triple Black

Just trying to figure what loft to go in m6. I wish it was like M2 where it was 9.5. My M2 is 9.5 and like my ball flight so having a tuff time deciding between the 10.5 and 9

I had the 2016 M2 9.5 tour head and switched to the M6 9deg. To me the launch on the M6 is just about the same or a touch higher. And spun less. Glad I made the switch!

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=3]TM M6 9 deg.w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX[/size]
[size=3]TM SIM Ti 15deg w/ Tensei Pro White 80TX[/size]
[size=3]​TM P790 3i w/ Tensei Pro White 90TX[/size]
[size=3]TM P790 4i w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]Srixon 765 5-PW w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]TM Milled Grind 50deg, 54deg, and 58deg High Toe w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]TM Spider X Copper[/size][/font]

So clear up a bit of confusion for me. If you have a head at 239, and one at the max 257, how much additional benefit is that to the average golfer?

Sorry if this has already been ask, but is the average 100 mph guy going to see anything dramatic?? Would be surprised if so.

1 yard

Carry or total?

So clear up a bit of confusion for me. If you have a head at 239, and one at the max 257, how much additional benefit is that to the average golfer?

Sorry if this has already been ask, but is the average 100 mph guy going to see anything dramatic?? Would be surprised if so.

1 yard

Carry or total?

Carry is king.

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

Just trying to figure what loft to go in m6. I wish it was like M2 where it was 9.5. My M2 is 9.5 and like my ball flight so having a tuff time deciding between the 10.5 and 9

I had the 2016 M2 9.5 tour head and switched to the M6 9deg. To me the launch on the M6 is just about the same or a touch higher. And spun less. Glad I made the switch!

This is why I buy clubs from a fitter that can accurately measure loft. Takes a lot of guess work out of things. My M4 is 10.5°. It launches @ 15° and spins @ 2400 rpm. When testing I can gauge whether to go up or down in loft in a particular head depending on how it launches and spins. For instance, the M6 in measured 9° launched fine but was too low in spin. The 10.5° M6 launched a 1° higher than my M4 but had 2100 rpm of spin. This played out the same over multiple tests so I went M6 10.5°. Couldn’t be happier with it!

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

I have the M6 and the Ping G400 LST both same length, same head weight (hot melted the M6) and same Evenflow Black HC stiff shaft 6.0 65 grams.

Ping slightly more forgiving with a higher launch, but the M6 is longer for me, because it has a more penetrating flight due to less spin thus rolls more.