Taylormade M5 & M6 Woods - Pics added page 46

chadillac65

Quick question for anyone who owns an M5, and bear with me if this has already been discussed, but does anyone else have a pin sized hole in the dead center of the club face? Is this part of the design? Club works great and have had no issues, just interested in the purpose.

A hole? Don't think that is supposed to be there.. got a pic?

TM driver faces have had this pinhole going a long way back. I don't know the exact purpose (i.e, a design feature or production artifact), but it's normal.

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 9.0, Ventus Black 6X, 45.5"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.5 70g, 42.5"

TaylorMade P790 3 (2021), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG4 50, 54 - DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T - DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

My WITB Post

Quick question for anyone who owns an M5, and bear with me if this has already been discussed, but does anyone else have a pin sized hole in the dead center of the club face? Is this part of the design? Club works great and have had no issues, just interested in the purpose.

TM driver faces have had this pinhole going a long way back. I don't know the exact purpose (i.e, a design feature or production artifact), but it's normal.

Have had a few tm drivers. I have never seen a hole in the face

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Tri-hot double wide 

You've never noticed this dot in the center of the face score lines? (Pic is from a 2010 Superfast TP long hosel). From what I can tell, they've been a part of the TM face pattern since the R9 in 2009. The SLDR had 2 dots, so I'm fairly sure that it's purely a cosmetic detail.

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 9.0, Ventus Black 6X, 45.5"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.5 70g, 42.5"

TaylorMade P790 3 (2021), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG4 50, 54 - DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T - DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

My WITB Post

Golf Monthly did a test between the made for shafts in the M6, not that much different, Smoke came out on top for 114 and 103 speeds for distance:

http://youtu.be/3KE5N7ZshJM

For me the smoke 70 6.5 was too soft. Maybe if I tipped it 1†it would’ve felt better. I actually preferred the ck orange or white

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

You've never noticed this dot in the center of the face score lines? (Pic is from a 2010 Superfast TP long hosel). From what I can tell, they've been a part of the TM face pattern since the R9 in 2009. The SLDR had 2 dots, so I'm fairly sure that it's purely a cosmetic detail.

Nope. Picking up a m4 tonight. I will have a look

Tri-hot double wide 

Finally hit both of these tonight and have to say they are very impressive. Very solid feel and look great over the ball. I prefer the M6 over M5 (but I have always had M2 over M1 M4 over M3 etc..) but would happily play either.

Mayfield Sand Ridge CC
Stealth Plus 9 Ventus TR Red 6S

Apex UW 17* AD-DI 7S 

Sim2 4 Rescue AD-DI 85S

ZX5 MKII 4-6 / ZX7 MKII 7-P Modus Limited 115

SM9 Raw 50-54-58

Spider Hydroblast short slant 

Have had the M5 out for about three rounds now and it’s been awesome. TM manages to upgrade the looks of their drivers almost every year, and this design/color scheme may be the best of the M lineup to me. Feel is phenomenal, nicely muted with a tiny crack sound at the end. Flight is pretty much perfect on good strikes, and haven’t noticed any spin issues, or lack thereof, with my preferred shaft. Going to try a couple others to see if I can make any improvements, but it’s been basically plug and play and even on standard settings across the board. Going to do some weight tuning as well - hopefully they’re as impactful as they were on the M3. Hit a couple pulls today when I started to get tired, but no hooks or even draws really which is ideal for me. Still have a couple other heads I want to demo, but as usual, I tend to come back around to TM for the driver slot more often than not, and the M5 seems no different. Thumbs up.

I hit some range balls with the m5 driver t1100 hzrdus. Not sure I can get better than the t1100, liked it much more than pro orange...Nutting the s#%! Out of them. No monitor just feel. Best feeling shots I've felt in a long time. Still I have to know so I have an m6 driver coming to compare just for kicks n giggles. Picked up a second rocket fairway m6 to mess around with shafts....I have hzrdus red, black, yellow, t1100, pro white, diamana ltd white, possibly a diamana DF if I want to cut it...also have an m5 15 degree fairway that I like down two clicks, make the face and lie angle perfect for me and loft of about 13.8 degrees. So pretty sure I will be in M5 or M6 this year...haha.

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

Have had the M5 out for about three rounds now and it's been awesome. TM manages to upgrade the looks of their drivers almost every year, and this design/color scheme may be the best of the M lineup to me. Feel is phenomenal, nicely muted with a tiny crack sound at the end. Flight is pretty much perfect on good strikes, and haven't noticed any spin issues, or lack thereof, with my preferred shaft. Going to try a couple others to see if I can make any improvements, but it's been basically plug and play and even on standard settings across the board. Going to do some weight tuning as well - hopefully they're as impactful as they were on the M3. Hit a couple pulls today when I started to get tired, but no hooks or even draws really which is ideal for me. Still have a couple other heads I want to demo, but as usual, I tend to come back around to TM for the driver slot more often than not, and the M5 seems no different. Thumbs up.

Thanks for the review. Could you compare it with your M3? Less spin you think, or is it not noticeable? Do you feel the M5 is more forgiving?

Paradym 10.5

Epic 3w 15

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Titelist T150

Callaway Jaws 5 50*, 54*

Cleve Zip 60*

Ping PLD3/Rahm Rossie S/TP Mills Fleetwood custom

Have had the M5 out for about three rounds now and it's been awesome. TM manages to upgrade the looks of their drivers almost every year, and this design/color scheme may be the best of the M lineup to me. Feel is phenomenal, nicely muted with a tiny crack sound at the end. Flight is pretty much perfect on good strikes, and haven't noticed any spin issues, or lack thereof, with my preferred shaft. Going to try a couple others to see if I can make any improvements, but it's been basically plug and play and even on standard settings across the board. Going to do some weight tuning as well - hopefully they're as impactful as they were on the M3. Hit a couple pulls today when I started to get tired, but no hooks or even draws really which is ideal for me. Still have a couple other heads I want to demo, but as usual, I tend to come back around to TM for the driver slot more often than not, and the M5 seems no different. Thumbs up.

Thanks for the review. Could you compare it with your M3? Less spin you think, or is it not noticeable? Do you feel the M5 is more forgiving?

I only owned an M3 for a short time last year so I don’t really have any good comparisons, I just remember the weights having a much more significant impact to ball flight and shot shape than just about any driver I’d ever used to that point. I did think the M3 launched high loft for loft, and the M5 launches lower which I would also expect to give a reduction in spin. Haven’t hit any of those noticeable knucklers with the M5, but that’s part of the reason I prefer to play a fade as I typically don’t run into spin issues there and haven’t had them with the M5.

I found the 16 M2 to be more forgiving than its followers, and the M5 seems to fall in that same range for me. Maybe the combination of length/SW/lie/etc with this particular head but I’m finding the center a lot with this club. Feels very stable on misses and not a lot of side-to-side movement that I’ve noticed.

Demo’d M5, M6, both Flash, and G400 LST today. Numerous different shafts- head combos and the M6 Tensei CK orange was the best for me. At a 10 hdcp that struggles with driving, the M6 10.5 was really good for me and the low spin created long drives for me.

103 SS amd 2300 spin produced great drives for me with the M6 setup.

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Was thinking of the m6. But traded my G400 lst head for a m4. Love it!

Guess when it cracks I will try the m6.

Tri-hot double wide 

Was thinking of the m6. But traded my G400 lst head for a m4. Love it!

Guess when it cracks I will try the m6.

So why does this keep you from liking the m5?

Last year when I hit the m4/m3 on trackman I got better ballspeed with the m4 (181mph). This year was the same with the M6 (181mph)

M3/M5 i was around 177-178.

M4/M6 seem hotter to me. And they seem to spin around the same as the adjustable ones

Tri-hot double wide 

The m5 sounds better to me than m6. I played 9 with them both, would hit 2 balls with each when I could. Normally the m5 was longer than m6. Had the t1100 in the m5, and an atmos 6x, I think it's a black atmos in m6. The head shape is different between them. Both are nice clubs. Will do more hitting and see which to keep, but m5 looks good right now....

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

Still waiting for a ship date for my M5 Tour.  Come on TaylorMade!!!

TSR3 9* | Ventus Blue TR 6X

TSR2+ 13* | Ventus Red 7X 

T200 2-Iron | Ventus Blue HY 10X

T150's 3-PW | DG TI X100

SM10 Raw 

50.12F | DG TI X100

54.12D | DG TI S400

60.08M | DG TI S400

TM MySpider X Blk on Blk 34"

Titleist Pro V1

Michael Newton Golf......M5 Tour

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN6 Two Sets 0311XP, Double Black and Xtreme Dark, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

1s1k said:

Still waiting for a ship date for my M5 Tour.  Come on TaylorMade!!!

Ditto

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5. @ 45.5”

Driver Shafts: Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX & MCA Kai’Li White 70X

Mizuno ST Max 230 12.0 Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 6.5 @ 45.25”
ON ORDER: Mizuno ST Max 230 15.0 Mitsubishi Rayon Kai’Li Blue 70X

Mizuno STZ 230 Hybrid 19.0 @ 17.0 UST Lin-Q Blue 75 F5

ON ORDER: Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S & 58/4X Nippon Modus Pro 120X

🤔 Titleist Vokey SM9 60 K Grind 

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

Hedgehog said:
Krt22 wrote:
It's a torx T25 security bit. The billybob weights come with the bit.

T20 security will do also, just warm up the screw to get the threadlocker loose.

s-l1600.jpg

T25 is the correct size to open the shaft adapter, T20 Security is the only size that will fit into the weight. Not the T25 like Krt22 wrote.

G430 Max 10K Hzrdus RDX Red 60 / Ping G430 Max 5fw KBS TD 70 / Titleist TSi2 4Hy  Tensei CK Pro Orange 80HY 

Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 120 / Cleveland RTX2.0 50° DG S200 / Ping Glide3.0 56° DG TI S400 / Ping Glide4.0 60° DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom 7.5 Stability Tour / Titleist ProV1x

M5 weights are now available on TaylorMade site.

[taylormadegolf.com/M5-Driver-Weights/DW-Y0445-M5D.html?cgid=taylormade-accessories-components](http://www.taylormadegolf.com/M5-Driver-Weights/DW-Y0445-M5D.html?cgid=taylormade-accessories-components "taylormadegolf.com/M5-Driver-Weights/DW-Y0445-M5D.html?cgid=taylormade-accessories-components")

TSR3 9* | Ventus Blue TR 6X

TSR2+ 13* | Ventus Red 7X 

T200 2-Iron | Ventus Blue HY 10X

T150's 3-PW | DG TI X100

SM10 Raw 

50.12F | DG TI X100

54.12D | DG TI S400

60.08M | DG TI S400

TM MySpider X Blk on Blk 34"

Titleist Pro V1