Taylormade M5 & M6 Woods - Pics added page 46

Quick question for anyone who owns an M5, and bear with me if this has already been discussed, but does anyone else have a pin sized hole in the dead center of the club face? Is this part of the design? Club works great and have had no issues, just interested in the purpose.

A hole? Don't think that is supposed to be there.. got a pic?

TM driver faces have had this pinhole going a long way back. I don't know the exact purpose (i.e, a design feature or production artifact), but it's normal.

TaylorMade SIM 8.0, Diamana Kai'li 60S, 44.75"
TaylorMade M5 Rocket 3, Tensei Blue X, 42.5"
TaylorMade SIM Max Rescue 19, Fujikura Atmos Blue Tour Spec 8X Hybrid
TaylorMade P770 (2020) 3-4, KBS $-Taper S
TaylorMade P7MC 5-6, KBS $-Taper S

TaylorMade P7MB 7-PW, KBS $-Taper S
TaylorMade MG2 52, Hi-Toe 58 - DG S400 Tour Issue
TaylorMade Milled Juno proto, 40.5" armlock
TaylorMade TP5x (2017)
jll62's WITB

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If anyone was interested in this

> @Howie said: > For those with the M5 driver...what are your weight settings and what factors influenced the decision to position them as you have?   I have one all the way forward one all th

> @boggyman said: > Hit the 5 and 6 fairways couple days ago. Been on the fence. Like the sound and feel of golfball when it leave face of 5 but like the shape of the 6 better at address behin

Quick question for anyone who owns an M5, and bear with me if this has already been discussed, but does anyone else have a pin sized hole in the dead center of the club face? Is this part of the design? Club works great and have had no issues, just interested in the purpose.

TM driver faces have had this pinhole going a long way back. I don't know the exact purpose (i.e, a design feature or production artifact), but it's normal.

Have had a few tm drivers. I have never seen a hole in the face

Taylormade Sim 9* (9.75*) Accra tour Z RPG 472 m5+
Titleist TS3 15* Synergy green proto 80tx

Titleist U500 2 iron Aerotech HLS 980 xstiff
Taylormade p750 4-PW
Callaway md4 52/56/ 60
Scotty Cameron 2012 Newport 2

It's not an actual hole, just a pin-sized 'dimple' as jll62 mentioned. I am looking at the same thing on my 2016 M2 and I believe my 2017 and 2018 TM heads had the same thing.

Taylormade SIM 10.5* - Fujikura Ventus Black 6x
Titleist TS2 16.5* - Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 72x
Bridgestone J40 CB 4-PW - DG Tour Issue AMT X100
Bridgestone J15 50.08 - DG Tour Issue S400
Callaway MD4 54.10S - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge
Cleveland RTX4 Raw 58.03 - DG Tour Issue S400
Taylormade Spider X
Bridgestone Tour B XS

You've never noticed this dot in the center of the face score lines? (Pic is from a 2010 Superfast TP long hosel). From what I can tell, they've been a part of the TM face pattern since the R9 in 2009. The SLDR had 2 dots, so I'm fairly sure that it's purely a cosmetic detail.

TaylorMade SIM 8.0, Diamana Kai'li 60S, 44.75"
TaylorMade M5 Rocket 3, Tensei Blue X, 42.5"
TaylorMade SIM Max Rescue 19, Fujikura Atmos Blue Tour Spec 8X Hybrid
TaylorMade P770 (2020) 3-4, KBS $-Taper S
TaylorMade P7MC 5-6, KBS $-Taper S

TaylorMade P7MB 7-PW, KBS $-Taper S
TaylorMade MG2 52, Hi-Toe 58 - DG S400 Tour Issue
TaylorMade Milled Juno proto, 40.5" armlock
TaylorMade TP5x (2017)
jll62's WITB

Golf Monthly did a test between the made for shafts in the M6, not that much different, Smoke came out on top for 114 and 103 speeds for distance:

http://youtu.be/3KE5N7ZshJM

For me the smoke 70 6.5 was too soft. Maybe if I tipped it 1†it would’ve felt better. I actually preferred the ck orange or white

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

You've never noticed this dot in the center of the face score lines? (Pic is from a 2010 Superfast TP long hosel). From what I can tell, they've been a part of the TM face pattern since the R9 in 2009. The SLDR had 2 dots, so I'm fairly sure that it's purely a cosmetic detail.

Nope. Picking up a m4 tonight. I will have a look

Taylormade p750 4-PW
Callaway md4 52/56/ 60

Finally hit both of these tonight and have to say they are very impressive. Very solid feel and look great over the ball. I prefer the M6 over M5 (but I have always had M2 over M1 M4 over M3 etc..) but would happily play either.

Mayfield Sand Ridge CC
Sim Max 9  Accra Tour Z RPG 462 M5+
TI M2 9.5 AD VR 6X

Sim Ti Devotion 05 75
GAPR LO 2iron AD-DI 95X

MP20 HMB 3 iron AD-Di 95X / 4 iron PX LZ 6.0

MP20 MMC 5-PW PX LZ 6.0
SM7 Raw 50F  / 54 F / 60 Low Bounce K 
Bettinardi BB0 

Have had the M5 out for about three rounds now and it’s been awesome. TM manages to upgrade the looks of their drivers almost every year, and this design/color scheme may be the best of the M lineup to me. Feel is phenomenal, nicely muted with a tiny crack sound at the end. Flight is pretty much perfect on good strikes, and haven’t noticed any spin issues, or lack thereof, with my preferred shaft. Going to try a couple others to see if I can make any improvements, but it’s been basically plug and play and even on standard settings across the board. Going to do some weight tuning as well - hopefully they’re as impactful as they were on the M3. Hit a couple pulls today when I started to get tired, but no hooks or even draws really which is ideal for me. Still have a couple other heads I want to demo, but as usual, I tend to come back around to TM for the driver slot more often than not, and the M5 seems no different. Thumbs up.

Taylormade Spider X
Bridgestone Tour B XS

I hit some range balls with the m5 driver t1100 hzrdus. Not sure I can get better than the t1100, liked it much more than pro orange...Nutting the s#%! Out of them. No monitor just feel. Best feeling shots I've felt in a long time. Still I have to know so I have an m6 driver coming to compare just for kicks n giggles. Picked up a second rocket fairway m6 to mess around with shafts....I have hzrdus red, black, yellow, t1100, pro white, diamana ltd white, possibly a diamana DF if I want to cut it...also have an m5 15 degree fairway that I like down two clicks, make the face and lie angle perfect for me and loft of about 13.8 degrees. So pretty sure I will be in M5 or M6 this year...haha.

M5/G410 @6.5 loft HZRDUS T1100 65g 6.5
PING G410 [email protected] HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5 
PING G410 17.5 HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5
Nike vapor fly pro 2 iron black tie 105x/DGX7
MP32/712mb/MP69/714mb/MP4/s55/900 Tour/iblade/965 combo/MP63/iblade 3-PW/P7TW 3-PW
Vokey sm6/Tour Gorge/Glide 2.0/ 52 millled grind / Vokey TVD K 58
NIPPON 1150gh X flex/kbs tour V 120x/Steelfiber 125x/S400 / now DGX7
Kuchar #1/Lamont Mann Custom ARM LOCK/custom Arm Locks-Scotty, Odyssey, TM Spider

Have had the M5 out for about three rounds now and it's been awesome. TM manages to upgrade the looks of their drivers almost every year, and this design/color scheme may be the best of the M lineup to me. Feel is phenomenal, nicely muted with a tiny crack sound at the end. Flight is pretty much perfect on good strikes, and haven't noticed any spin issues, or lack thereof, with my preferred shaft. Going to try a couple others to see if I can make any improvements, but it's been basically plug and play and even on standard settings across the board. Going to do some weight tuning as well - hopefully they're as impactful as they were on the M3. Hit a couple pulls today when I started to get tired, but no hooks or even draws really which is ideal for me. Still have a couple other heads I want to demo, but as usual, I tend to come back around to TM for the driver slot more often than not, and the M5 seems no different. Thumbs up.

Thanks for the review. Could you compare it with your M3? Less spin you think, or is it not noticeable? Do you feel the M5 is more forgiving?

Mavrik

Ping hybrids

Miura CB-1008/MB-001

Callaway Jaws 5 50*

TM TW 56*

Ping Tess JAS

Have had the M5 out for about three rounds now and it's been awesome. TM manages to upgrade the looks of their drivers almost every year, and this design/color scheme may be the best of the M lineup to me. Feel is phenomenal, nicely muted with a tiny crack sound at the end. Flight is pretty much perfect on good strikes, and haven't noticed any spin issues, or lack thereof, with my preferred shaft. Going to try a couple others to see if I can make any improvements, but it's been basically plug and play and even on standard settings across the board. Going to do some weight tuning as well - hopefully they're as impactful as they were on the M3. Hit a couple pulls today when I started to get tired, but no hooks or even draws really which is ideal for me. Still have a couple other heads I want to demo, but as usual, I tend to come back around to TM for the driver slot more often than not, and the M5 seems no different. Thumbs up.

Thanks for the review. Could you compare it with your M3? Less spin you think, or is it not noticeable? Do you feel the M5 is more forgiving?

I only owned an M3 for a short time last year so I don’t really have any good comparisons, I just remember the weights having a much more significant impact to ball flight and shot shape than just about any driver I’d ever used to that point. I did think the M3 launched high loft for loft, and the M5 launches lower which I would also expect to give a reduction in spin. Haven’t hit any of those noticeable knucklers with the M5, but that’s part of the reason I prefer to play a fade as I typically don’t run into spin issues there and haven’t had them with the M5.

I found the 16 M2 to be more forgiving than its followers, and the M5 seems to fall in that same range for me. Maybe the combination of length/SW/lie/etc with this particular head but I’m finding the center a lot with this club. Feels very stable on misses and not a lot of side-to-side movement that I’ve noticed.

Taylormade Spider X
Bridgestone Tour B XS

Demo’d M5, M6, both Flash, and G400 LST today. Numerous different shafts- head combos and the M6 Tensei CK orange was the best for me. At a 10 hdcp that struggles with driving, the M6 10.5 was really good for me and the low spin created long drives for me.

103 SS amd 2300 spin produced great drives for me with the M6 setup.

PXG 0811X+ Proto GD AD TP 5S
TM M4 15* AD DI 6S Black
PXG Gen2 0317x 19* Fuji Pro 83s
PXG 0211 4-PW Elevate Tour S
PXG 0311 Forged 50*/54* Elevate Tour S
TM HT 60*
TM MySpider X

Was thinking of the m6. But traded my G400 lst head for a m4. Love it!

Guess when it cracks I will try the m6.

So why does this keep you from liking the m5?

Last year when I hit the m4/m3 on trackman I got better ballspeed with the m4 (181mph). This year was the same with the M6 (181mph)

M3/M5 i was around 177-178.

M4/M6 seem hotter to me. And they seem to spin around the same as the adjustable ones

Taylormade p750 4-PW
Callaway md4 52/56/ 60

The m5 sounds better to me than m6. I played 9 with them both, would hit 2 balls with each when I could. Normally the m5 was longer than m6. Had the t1100 in the m5, and an atmos 6x, I think it's a black atmos in m6. The head shape is different between them. Both are nice clubs. Will do more hitting and see which to keep, but m5 looks good right now....

M5/G410 @6.5 loft HZRDUS T1100 65g 6.5
PING G410 [email protected] HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5 
PING G410 17.5 HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5
Nike vapor fly pro 2 iron black tie 105x/DGX7
MP32/712mb/MP69/714mb/MP4/s55/900 Tour/iblade/965 combo/MP63/iblade 3-PW/P7TW 3-PW
Vokey sm6/Tour Gorge/Glide 2.0/ 52 millled grind / Vokey TVD K 58
NIPPON 1150gh X flex/kbs tour V 120x/Steelfiber 125x/S400 / now DGX7
Kuchar #1/Lamont Mann Custom ARM LOCK/custom Arm Locks-Scotty, Odyssey, TM Spider

Michael Newton Golf......M5 Tour

CALLAWAY Customs (Black w/Silver) "The FREAK" Mavrik Sub Zero Driver, 9*, Accra TZ6/M5, 72g X
CALLAWAY Mavrik Sub Zero 3+ Wood, 13.5*, Accra TZ6/M4, 80g X
CALLAWAY Mavrik Sub Zero 3 Wood, 15*, Accra TZ6/M5, 80g X
CALLAWAY Super Hybrid, 18*, NS Pro Modus Hybrid GOST, 102g X
TAYLORMADE SIM DHY, #4 & 5, Diamana Thump HY, 105g X
TAYLORMADE P-7TW, 4 - PW, Project X LS, 6.5
TAYLORMADE P-770, 4 - PW, 10th LE Black Nippon Modus 115 X
TAYLORMADE MG2 CHROME, 52/9, 60/8, Hi-Toe 56/10, Project X LS, 6.5
VOKEY SM8 "BIRDIE BOB" CUSTOM BRUSHED STEEL, 53/9F; 58/8M, DG TI s400 ONYX 
TOULON GARAGE Austin Custom Rose Gold

1s1k said:

Still waiting for a ship date for my M5 Tour.  Come on TaylorMade!!!

Ditto

Cobra SpeedZone Pars & Stripes 9.0 Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue S 45.5”

PONDERING: Ventus Red 60x, Aldila RIP 60x

Tour Edge EXS 220 13.5 HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 6.5
Ben Hogan VKTR+ 18 UST Recoil ES 95 F5 X 

ORDERED: New Level NLU-01 21 Nippon Modus Pro 120X 1 Flat
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X 1 Flat

PONDERING: Fourteen DJ4 54

TaylorMade Hi Toe 58/10

Rife Phenom.Z 34”
Mizuno K1 Lo 2021 Blue/Red
Hedgehog said:
Krt22 wrote:
It's a torx T25 security bit. The billybob weights come with the bit.

T20 security will do also, just warm up the screw to get the threadlocker loose.

s-l1600.jpg

T25 is the correct size to open the shaft adapter, T20 Security is the only size that will fit into the weight. Not the T25 like Krt22 wrote.

Cobra SpeedZone 10,5° Tensei 50gram S 48" / Taylormade SIM MAX 18° Hzrdus Smoke Yellow 70 6.0 / Ping G410 Crossover 21°Hzrdus Smoke 90 6.0 / Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 105S / Ping Glide3.0 52/56° PingZ / Ping Glide Forged 60° DG TI S400 / Scotty Cameron Phantom X 12,5 33,5"Stability Tour Shaft / Bridgestone Tour B XS

M5 weights are now available on TaylorMade site.

[taylormadegolf.com/M5-Driver-Weights/DW-Y0445-M5D.html?cgid=taylormade-accessories-components](http://www.taylormadegolf.com/M5-Driver-Weights/DW-Y0445-M5D.html?cgid=taylormade-accessories-components "taylormadegolf.com/M5-Driver-Weights/DW-Y0445-M5D.html?cgid=taylormade-accessories-components")

TM SIM 9 Fujikura Speeder Evolution I 757 X

TM P790 2 IRON UDI HZRDUS SMOKE 100 6.5

SRIXON 3-PW Z785 PROJECT X 6.5

TM MG2 BLACK 50,54,60 PROJECT X 6.5

TM MY SPIDER X BLACK 34"

TM TP5X