Jump to content

Taylormade M5 & M6 Woods - Pics added page 46


Recommended Posts

> @jbole267 said:

> Has anyone that got the M5 tour given it a rip yet?

>

>

>

> If so what do you think?

 

Did a fitting for one at Club Champion this week. Loved the feel of the Tour. I have not liked the M1-M4 models but this one just felt super solid and gives you a lot of confidence at address. The thing is an absolute beast as well. Ball feels like it is launching off the face. With same shaft and similar settings my spin was around 3000 with the Flash SZ and it dropped to 2500ish with the M5 Tour. Below were the trackman numbers from my fitting. Should be arriving on Tuesday, cant wait!yuqyusgylezd.jpg

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If anyone was interested in this

> @Howie said: > For those with the M5 driver...what are your weight settings and what factors influenced the decision to position them as you have?   I have one all the way forward one all th

> @boggyman said: > Hit the 5 and 6 fairways couple days ago. Been on the fence. Like the sound and feel of golfball when it leave face of 5 but like the shape of the 6 better at address behin

> @Howie said:

> For those with the M5 driver...what are your weight settings and what factors influenced the decision to position them as you have?

 

I have one all the way forward one all the way to draw. My hands like to make my 8.25 degree driver play more like an 12 degree driver so I keep my weight forward for low flight and the draw because my miss is to the right. Keeps the clubs square. I just bought the 13.5 weights because I need to add some grams with my 44.5 inch club.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Took my M6 into a hitting bay to check out what influence the weight kit I got for my 9° head made. I got a set of 6/8/10/12gr. Used my own Srixon XV balls.

 

As standard the head is 195gr with a 4gr weight and it felt too light for my liking and the biggest issue was that I could't feel the head at the top of the backswing. I started with the 12gr (203gr) weight and the biggest change was the ball flight likes to stay more right of the center-line, SS didn't increase but I could feel the head a bit better. I found my 'sweetspot' at 199gr (8gr), that increased my SS by 2 miles on average and felt like I timed it the best, also got the straightest flight with that setup.

 

The M6 is so low spinning on the GC2, was looking at around 1800spin with a loft of 9,75°, if that stays for the summer I'm going to hit some bombs but be in trouble in the wind. 500rpm less then the M4, compared them head to head.

Cobra SpeedZone 10,5° Tensei 50gram S 48" / Taylormade SIM MAX 18° Hzrdus Smoke Yellow 70 6.0 / Ping G410 Crossover 21°Hzrdus Smoke 90 6.0 / Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 105S / Ping Glide3.0 52/56° PingZ / Ping Glide Forged 60° DG TI S400 / Scotty Cameron Phantom X 12,5 33,5"Stability Tour Shaft / Bridgestone Tour B XS

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been tinkering with an M5 3 wood and M5 driver. Got a Pro white in the 3 wood and that thing is a monster. I was hesitant to spend money on it since I loved my M2 but this thing just feels so great and my Mevo is showing some great numbers. Driver is a different story. I gave the Tensei Orange a shot as a stock option with no luck. I went back to the trusty HZRDUS Black and that got my launch and spin to more acceptable levels but still not where I want to be. A Synergy Black is on the way so I'm hoping that's the answer and I start getting those 280-290 numbers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @Hedgehog said:

> Took my M6 into a hitting bay to check out what influence the weight kit I got for my 9° head made. I got a set of 6/8/10/12gr. Used my own Srixon XV balls.

>

> As standard the head is 195gr with a 4gr weight and it felt too light for my liking and the biggest issue was that I could't feel the head at the top of the backswing. I started with the 12gr (203gr) weight and the biggest change was the ball flight likes to stay more right of the center-line, SS didn't increase but I could feel the head a bit better. I found my 'sweetspot' at 199gr (8gr), that increased my SS by 2 miles on average and felt like I timed it the best, also got the straightest flight with that setup.

>

> The M6 is so low spinning on the GC2, was looking at around 1800spin with a loft of 9,75°, if that stays for the summer I'm going to hit some bombs but be in trouble in the wind. 500rpm less then the M4, compared them head to head.

 

I feel like my m6 is too light as well. Do you mind sharing where you got the weight kit? I'd love to do some adjusting without adding adding lead tape. Lastly, did you use the T-20 or T-25 torx bit to remove the stock weight?

Ping G410+ -- VA Nemesys
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 5W -- AD-DI 70x
PXG 0317x 22° -- Nippon G.O.S.T.
PXG 0311P 4-Gw --Nippon Modus 120x
EPON Tour Spin Wedge 54° 58° -- shimada tour wedge
Lamb Crafted Camden -- BGT Stability Tour
Link to post
Share on other sites

> @Laznasty said:

> > @Hedgehog said:

> > Took my M6 into a hitting bay to check out what influence the weight kit I got for my 9° head made. I got a set of 6/8/10/12gr. Used my own Srixon XV balls.

> >

> > As standard the head is 195gr with a 4gr weight and it felt too light for my liking and the biggest issue was that I could't feel the head at the top of the backswing. I started with the 12gr (203gr) weight and the biggest change was the ball flight likes to stay more right of the center-line, SS didn't increase but I could feel the head a bit better. I found my 'sweetspot' at 199gr (8gr), that increased my SS by 2 miles on average and felt like I timed it the best, also got the straightest flight with that setup.

> >

> > The M6 is so low spinning on the GC2, was looking at around 1800spin with a loft of 9,75°, if that stays for the summer I'm going to hit some bombs but be in trouble in the wind. 500rpm less then the M4, compared them head to head.

>

> I feel like my m6 is too light as well. Do you mind sharing where you got the weight kit? I'd love to do some adjusting without adding adding lead tape. Lastly, did you use the T-20 or T-25 torx bit to remove the stock weight?

 

T20 Security is the one that you can use to open the weight, just make sure to warm it up before you try opening it, I cracked one tip trying to open it 1st time. The scrêw has threadlocker, it loosens up when the metal is just too hot to touch. I used a candle flame to warm up the screw to not damage the rest of the club.

 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/153254317572 This is for M4 but M6 uses the same weights.

 

If your M6 is 195gr, the standard weight is 4gr so I get 199gr head weight with a 8gr weight. Hope this helps!

Cobra SpeedZone 10,5° Tensei 50gram S 48" / Taylormade SIM MAX 18° Hzrdus Smoke Yellow 70 6.0 / Ping G410 Crossover 21°Hzrdus Smoke 90 6.0 / Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 105S / Ping Glide3.0 52/56° PingZ / Ping Glide Forged 60° DG TI S400 / Scotty Cameron Phantom X 12,5 33,5"Stability Tour Shaft / Bridgestone Tour B XS

Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like Sneds was testing an new non-flap non-tour M5 at WGC Match Play.

 

878ofhu5hpej.jpg

The M5 was in a Ventus and maybe he had requested a head with "more loft"..

Cobra SpeedZone 10,5° Tensei 50gram S 48" / Taylormade SIM MAX 18° Hzrdus Smoke Yellow 70 6.0 / Ping G410 Crossover 21°Hzrdus Smoke 90 6.0 / Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 105S / Ping Glide3.0 52/56° PingZ / Ping Glide Forged 60° DG TI S400 / Scotty Cameron Phantom X 12,5 33,5"Stability Tour Shaft / Bridgestone Tour B XS

Link to post
Share on other sites

Seen a couple photos on other sites/forums of the "revised" non-tour M5 head as well as the ones on the clubmaking forum here, so they are starting to filter out it seems.

 

Taylormade SIM 10.5* - Fujikura Ventus Black 6x
Titleist TS2 16.5* - Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 72x
Bridgestone J40 CB 4-PW - DG Tour Issue AMT X100
Bridgestone J15 50.08 - DG Tour Issue S400
Callaway MD4 54.10S - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge
Cleveland RTX4 Raw 58.03 - DG Tour Issue S400
Taylormade Spider X
Bridgestone Tour B XS

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @jabwind51 said:

> What is the standard TM factory tipping for M5 again?

 

I just called Taylormade to confirm their tipping process. Customer service agent confirmed that all aftermarket shafts are tipped 1", unless you specify by "soft tipping " 1/2 in or an inch in the custom ordering section. She also mentioned that all stock shafts are untipped...kinda weird.

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @shanka said:

> > @jabwind51 said:

> > What is the standard TM factory tipping for M5 again?

>

> I just called Taylormade to confirm their tipping process. Customer service agent confirmed that all aftermarket shafts are tipped 1", unless you specify by "soft tipping " 1/2 in or an inch in the custom ordering section. She also mentioned that all stock shafts are untipped...kinda weird.

 

So tip the ones that don’t need it, and don’t tip the ones that could probably use it. Got it.

:D

Taylormade SIM 10.5* - Fujikura Ventus Black 6x
Titleist TS2 16.5* - Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 72x
Bridgestone J40 CB 4-PW - DG Tour Issue AMT X100
Bridgestone J15 50.08 - DG Tour Issue S400
Callaway MD4 54.10S - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge
Cleveland RTX4 Raw 58.03 - DG Tour Issue S400
Taylormade Spider X
Bridgestone Tour B XS

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cancelling my m5 tour order on Monday. Tm is way too slow. I ordered Feb 27 and my order still says "being processed" and it's a stock option not a custom option! Unbelievable that I can order the same thing off the bay and have it arrive in 3 days vs dealing with the company directly. Ridiculous.

Cobra SpeedZone Pars & Stripes 9.0 Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue S 45.5”

PONDERING: Ventus Red 60x, Aldila RIP 60x

Tour Edge EXS 220 13.5 HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 6.5
Ben Hogan VKTR+ 19 UST Recoil ES 95 F5 X 
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X 1 Flat

PONDERING: Fourteen DJ4 54

TaylorMade Hi Toe 58/10

Rife Phenom.Z 34”
Mizuno K1 Lo 2021 Blue/Red
Link to post
Share on other sites

> @Lemonde said:

> Cancelling my m5 tour order on Monday. Tm is way too slow. I ordered Feb 27 and my order still says "being processed" and it's a stock option not a custom option! Unbelievable that I can order the same thing off the bay and have it arrive in 3 days vs dealing with the company directly. Ridiculous.

 

You can literally go on there today and it says ships 4-7. I'm guessing all these ones on the bay are just gonna order from TM and it'll show 3 days after 4-7

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @Therealpatgiles said:

> > @Lemonde said:

> > Cancelling my m5 tour order on Monday. Tm is way too slow. I ordered Feb 27 and my order still says "being processed" and it's a stock option not a custom option! Unbelievable that I can order the same thing off the bay and have it arrive in 3 days vs dealing with the company directly. Ridiculous.

>

> You can literally go on there today and it says ships 4-7. I'm guessing all these ones on the bay are just gonna order from TM and it'll show 3 days after 4-7

 

So why is his order a month out and still says being processed for a stock order?

Link to post
Share on other sites

My M6 driver and 3 wood are money! The M6 ousted my M2 3 wood which was the “steady Eddie” in my bag. The deeper face combined with nice launch and better accuracy (thanks to twist face) made it hard to keep out of the bag.

Callaway Mavrik 9° driver Tensei Pro White 50 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 15° fairway wood Tensei Pro Blue 60 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 20° and 23° hybrids MMT 90 S Flex

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-PW & GW Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedges 50-07, 55-13 and 60-06 Modus3 125 Wedge

Odyssey Stroke Lab Ten 

Callaway Chrome Soft Triple Track

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...