2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Taylormade M5 & M6 Woods - Pics added page 46

chadillac65

SpeedScrew would be a really really bad name

not as bad as SrewFace. Where did Twist face go?

I can't imagine them getting rid of TwistFace already. It'd look pretty bad on their part. Plus, I thought that when the line up came out last year they said that TwistFace was not on the woods because they didn't have the time to get it to work properly, but they were hoping to have it in future models. I hope I'm not getting that confused with Callaway not having Jailbreak in the Epic woods, but I think I saw that in an article early this year.

That's what they told us on the trip.

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

from what I am seeing with these screws, they have to be screw weights or weight ports for a weight cartage to be inserted. Similar to the Gravity weights in the GBB Double Black Diamond. So whatever the side you put the weight on will help to increase ball speed on your normal misses. If you miss on the toe area you put your weight in the toe port and vice versa. Now this is just my thinking. No of this has been confirmed. Now I know why the M5 will retail for $550. Now here is the next question, will the M6 which is the M4 replacement will have the screws as well? The M6 will retail for $500

SpeedScrew would be a really really bad name

not as bad as SrewFace. Where did Twist face go?

I can't imagine them getting rid of TwistFace already. It'd look pretty bad on their part. Plus, I thought that when the line up came out last year they said that TwistFace was not on the woods because they didn't have the time to get it to work properly, but they were hoping to have it in future models. I hope I'm not getting that confused with Callaway not having Jailbreak in the Epic woods, but I think I saw that in an article early this year.

Callaway is still all jailbroken out. Checkout the callaway thread for new pics.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Is it possible the screws in the face connect to a tube that goes out the back of the driver like a tube. Instead of air going around the head air goes through it. Making it faster with less resistance. Will have to see in testing if the screws come lose from constant ball pounding.

Sent from my iPhone using GolfWRX Mobile

from what I am seeing with these screws, they have to be screw weights or weight ports for a weight cartage to be inserted. Similar to the Gravity weights in the GBB Double Black Diamond. So whatever the side you put the weight on will help to increase ball speed on your normal misses. If you miss on the toe area you put your weight in the toe port and vice versa. Now this is just my thinking. No of this has been confirmed. Now I know why the M5 will retail for $550. Now here is the next question, will the M6 which is the M4 replacement will have the screws as well? The M6 will retail for $500

That sounds very plausible. Thanks tbone.

Is it possible the screws in the face connect to a tube that goes out the back of the driver like a straw. Instead of air going around the head air goes through it. Making it faster with less resistance. Will have to see in testing if the screws come lose from constant ball pounding.

That sounds the opposite of plausible (Inplausible?).

People were upset about the new Cally driver costing $529 then TM goes and ups there’s to $550...

That would be very interesting if that is the case. Anything to move weight down is a good thing IMO and this would seem to may like a WAY better version of what Titleist did with the SureFit CG with regards to effectively shifting CG around. Now there would need to be enough discretionary weight freed up in order for this to be effective though, these can't be 6-8g weights if they want to actually do anything.

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 20* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

Or they are stabilizing bars and have nothing to do with weight and TM took jaulbreak and did testing on using similar technology in a horizontal vs vertical setting and came up with this design.

That would be very interesting if that is the case. Anything to move weight down is a good thing IMO and this would seem to may like a WAY better version of what Titleist did with the SureFit CG with regards to effectively shifting CG around. Now there would need to be enough discretionary weight freed up in order for this to be effective though, these can't be 4-6g weights if they want to actually do anything.

As long as you have at least 12 grams of weight it will change the CG. Titleist SF cartage is 12 grams, plus Callaway's Gravity Core cartage was 12 grams as well.

Or they are stabilizing bars and have nothing to do with weight and TM took jaulbreak and did testing on using similar technology in a horizontal vs vertical setting and came up with this design.

horizontal jailbeak will stiffen the face and reduce ball speed in that area of the face. Make no sense. More mass in the head = more ball speed. So if they use a CB shaft they will be able to achieve the proper swing weight. Plus if they can pin point that weight they can make that area faster with more mass. That was one of the purposes of the Gravity Core in the GBB DBD driver.

AAXZKjF.png

DVCF81L.png

XMhPTnx.png

so I imagine it will be something like the sketch, two structure tube connecting the face all the way to the back of driver head.

two weight screws directly mounted on the face allow them to bring CG further up and further reducing the spin.

with the face now has two holes, how is that going to affect the sound?

with the structure tube connecting face to the back of the driver, how is that going to affect the trampoline effect??

if the two screws on face are interchangeable, they either have to have some sort of tube behind or they would have to make the face thicker so they can thread it and put weight screws on.

anyways.....def. intrigued and have a ton of questions!!

30 seconds sketches, very ugly I know....just trying to get the point across.

PS. all 3 sketches are just my SPECULATION, it is not a true representation of TaylorMade's new technology!!

COBRA LTDx LS 9* 

Taylormade P790 2 Iron
Taylormade P790 3 - 4 Irons 
Taylormade P750 5 - 6 Irons 
Taylormade P730 7 - 9 Irons
ARTISAN GOLF 0318 mallet

ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 45* wedge 

ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 50* wedge
ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 55* wedge

AAXZKjF.png

DVCF81L.png

XMhPTnx.png

so I imagine it will be something like the sketch, two structure tube connecting the face all the way to the back of driver head.

two weight screws directly mounted on the face allow them to bring CG further up and further reducing the spin.

with the face now has two holes, how is that going to affect the sound?

with the structure tube connecting face to the back of the driver, how is that going to affect the trampoline effect??

if the two screws on face are interchangeable, they either have to have some sort of tube behind or they would have to make the face thicker so they can thread it and put weight screws on.

anyways.....def. intrigued and have a ton of questions!!

30 seconds sketches, very ugly I know....just trying to get the point across.

Outstanding representation! Thanks for clearing this up! Cheers

Screw face?

Is that the look on your face after you realize you’ve drunk the Kool-Aid yet again?

Callaway Rogue Max LS Driver, 9 degrees, Tensei Blue shaft

Mizuno ST180 5 wood

Ping G425 Max 7 wood
Srixon ZX4 4 iron
Srixon ZX5 irons 5-PW, Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 shafts

Cleveland RTX6 48* wedge

Cleveland Zipcore 54* wedge
Cleveland RTX 58* full face wedge
Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter 34"

TaylorMade was kind enough to invite me to their launch event last week. While I can't yet share any details, I will say that everyone at TM was extremely excited about what's coming. I also had a chance test out the new products and from what I saw they should be excited. More to come!

so you think tm staff is going to be like nah im not really excited about this release?

I was also invited to the launch last week and got to see and test the new product and the enthusiasm is warranted. Exciting things coming in 2019 for TaylorMade.

They were excited about Twistface, and that was garbage.

Just what I said a page or two back. Makes sense for moving cg but it also removes the option of a truly neutral setting or you have to give up fade or draw. Unfortunately I think it’s gonna be either draw or neutral settings and maybe, maybe the 440 will be neutral and fade

Are those bars in the middle of the face or near the top? I wouldn't think they'd want to raise the CG much more, M4's was already kind of high.

https://thegolfnewsnet.com/ryan_ballengee/2018/12/03/why-new-taylormade-driver-has-red-face-screws-111654/

If you look at the picture in the link, they're closer to the bottom of the face

Taylormade Stealth+
Titleist TSi2 5W
PXG 0317x 22°
PXG Gen3 0311P 4i

PXG Gen4 0311T 5i-Gw
JP Golf Premier Wedge 54° & 58°
Kari Lajosi Damascus LP808

TaylorMade was kind enough to invite me to their launch event last week. While I can't yet share any details, I will say that everyone at TM was extremely excited about what's coming. I also had a chance test out the new products and from what I saw they should be excited. More to come!

so you think tm staff is going to be like nah im not really excited about this release?

I was also invited to the launch last week and got to see and test the new product and the enthusiasm is warranted. Exciting things coming in 2019 for TaylorMade.

They were excited about Twistface, and that was garbage.

I prefer to call it physics

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 9.0, Ventus Black 6X, 45.5"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.5 70g, 42.5"

TaylorMade P790 3 (2021), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG4 50, 54 - DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T - DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

My WITB Post

Like folks have said before, there has to be something for the screws to screw into, which would necessarily stiffen the face in the areas closer to the screws. So, if this is a horizontal jailbreak kind of thing, I really can't even make a good guess as to what the benefits of that would be (completely different vs the Callaway solution which doesn't interact directly with the face)

If this is a weight-related thing I'm guessing it would serve to increase MOI with those weights being way out on the perimeter, and would also probably push the CG closer to the face? If so, I think think that would also reduce spin, right? Overall, something similar to the R15 with the weights set as far apart as possible.

Who knows? Certainly not me.

Rogue ST LS 10.5 | TSi2 15 | G425 4H 20.5 | ZX4 4 | ZX5 5-P | CBX ZC 48 & 52.5 | Glide 2.0 Stealth 58 | Itsy Bitsy Spider | TP5x

Well I would love to see pictures of the new M5/M6 drivers I find myself being more curious about the screw technology then I do how they’re going to look.

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

guarantee the "face screws" will be painted on Tiger and Rory's drivers :partytime2:

im here all night :smilie_nike:

PING G425 LST 9* | Kuro Kage TiNi DC 60 X
Taylormade M2 15* | RIP Beta 70 X

Callaway XHP 21* | RIP Alpha 90 X
*** Irons: OPEN *** 

Cleveland RTX 4 52/56* (mid) | DGS400
Titleist Vokey SM8 60*K | DGS400
Scotty Cameron Special Select FB 5.5 35"