Taylormade M5 & M6 Woods - Pics added page 46

Can’t wait for crossfields review

I give it 30 seconds before he goes off on one about T-track then Y-track now a different track. He'll then say how great it looks and TM have made great clubs for years etc. because despite his tantrum last year about TM, he's desparate to get back their good books. Every TM review has been the same since it happened.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If anyone was interested in this

> @Howie said: > For those with the M5 driver...what are your weight settings and what factors influenced the decision to position them as you have?   I have one all the way forward one all th

> @boggyman said: > Hit the 5 and 6 fairways couple days ago. Been on the fence. Like the sound and feel of golfball when it leave face of 5 but like the shape of the 6 better at address behin

Not a huge fan of there seeming to not be any low loft options on either driver. I like something 8ish. But turning the loft down too much can get me fading the ball more than I like.

Maybe it will be like the 2016 models where there were 7.5 heads for tour only.

No comments from the peanut gallery about low loft not being needed. I have swing flaws that I'm far too lazy to fix. So low loft helps.

That doesn't leave too many!

Can't wait for crossfields review

I give it 30 seconds before he goes off on one about T-track then Y-track now a different track. He'll then say how great it looks and TM have made great clubs for years etc. because despite his tantrum last year about TM, he's desparate to get back their good books. Every TM review has been the same since it happened.

He's always been pretty positive about Taylormade woods.

Question about the foam....which woods drivers, fairways, have it and is the entire head void filled with foam? Or something different? I love muted clubs so very interested in these...
From what people have said, these seem to have a more muted sound. The foam sits behind the face, but I do not think it fills the entire head. Haven’t seen pictures of the wood faces yet to know if they have the face screws for foam or not. I would bet the foam is only in the drivers. The woods now have twist face, so maybe foam in next years models

I've seen a cutaway of the head, and the resin (not the same as foam) doesn't fill the entire head. There are little (maybe 1 cubic centimeter, if that) chambers behind each screw where the resin is injected. And depending on what the face tests out at (tested before resin is added) determines how much resin is added per chamber.

Does that basically mean that one could remove the screws, remove the resin and make that face hotter (=illegal) that way?

Cobra SpeedZone 10,5° Tensei 50gram S 48" / Taylormade SIM MAX 18° Hzrdus Smoke Yellow 70 6.0 / Ping G410 Crossover 21°Hzrdus Smoke 90 6.0 / Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 105S / Ping Glide3.0 52/56° PingZ / Ping Glide Forged 60° DG TI S400 / Scotty Cameron Phantom X 12,5 33,5"Stability Tour Shaft / Bridgestone Tour B XS

Yes he has been, they have always performed well for him, its the BS marketing he has always been against. :D

Say what you will about him, Mark has always been on the side of the consumer (golfer) when it comes to voicing his opinion. He usually has a logical punchline to hes antics, saying "you make up your own mind about all these Rocket/twist/hammerhead technologies, this is my opinion".

I know this is somewhat OT, but have you guys seen him challenge Ping designers on the "G400 Max is a better then G400 in every way" video, it's hilarious. So it has not been only TM he has challenged.

Cobra SpeedZone 10,5° Tensei 50gram S 48" / Taylormade SIM MAX 18° Hzrdus Smoke Yellow 70 6.0 / Ping G410 Crossover 21°Hzrdus Smoke 90 6.0 / Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 105S / Ping Glide3.0 52/56° PingZ / Ping Glide Forged 60° DG TI S400 / Scotty Cameron Phantom X 12,5 33,5"Stability Tour Shaft / Bridgestone Tour B XS

Bunch of pictures up on Getty from practice rounds looks like Rory trying the new spider

https://www.gettyima...=newest#license

Looks like Rory going with the M5 460, he is clearly not GolfWRX good... :D

Funny to see a natural draw player like rory play the D-Type setting, like Tiger also used last season when he was driving it well. Tiger changed the setting for "the Match" and drove it like s***.

Maybe these guys should give the M6 D-Type a try also, since with that setting it's basically M5 D-Type.

This is IF he received the club from TM in the first place. Remember he did an exclusive video last year of NOT receiving it when all others had their reviews posted on YouTube

Cobra SpeedZone Pars & Stripes 9.0 Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue S 45.5”

PONDERING: Ventus Red 60x, Aldila RIP 60x

Tour Edge EXS 220 13.5 HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 6.5
Ben Hogan VKTR+ 18 UST Recoil ES 95 F5 X 

ORDERED: New Level NLU-01 21 Nippon Modus Pro 120X 1 Flat
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X 1 Flat

PONDERING: Fourteen DJ4 54

TaylorMade Hi Toe 58/10

Rife Phenom.Z 34”
Mizuno K1 Lo 2021 Blue/Red

This is IF he received the club from TM in the first place. Remember he did an exclusive video last year of NOT receiving it when all others had their reviews posted on YouTube

I know but Dan got them in for him eventually. Will see what happens.

Get up (M5/M6) Dan!

TaylorMade Hi Toe 58/10

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

Bunch of pictures up on Getty from practice rounds looks like Rory trying the new spider

Funny to see a natural draw player like rory play the D-Type setting, like Tiger also used last season when he was driving it well. Tiger changed the setting for "the Match" and drove it like s***.

Maybe these guys should give the M6 D-Type a try also, since with that setting it's basically M5 D-Type.

Just going by where all the carbon is on the sole, it looks like the M5 is more fade biased than the M3. I'm guessing Rory was having trouble turning it over enough. I found the M3 to be more neutral weighted so maybe I will be looking at the M5 driver this year also.

M6 9°  Fujikura Ventus 6
TS2 15°  Diamana S+ Ltd 70
790UDI  PX Catalyst 80 -or- 818H2 19°  GD Tour AD IZ-85
0311T 4i / Z745 5-9  Nippon 950GH 
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
putter, KBS CT Tour, Pro Only *
(¬¬)

Yes he has been, they have always performed well for him, its the BS marketing he has always been against. :D

Say what you will about him, Mark has always been on the side of the consumer (golfer) when it comes to voicing his opinion. He usually has a logical punchline to hes antics, saying "you make up your own mind about all these Rocket/twist/hammerhead technologies, this is my opinion".

I know this is somewhat OT, but have you guys seen him challenge Ping designers on the "G400 Max is a better then G400 in every way" video, it's hilarious. So it has not been only TM he has challenged.

100% Hedgy.

Plenty of really good players prefer a draw bias over fade bias. They dont want to have to work to turn it over or consciously worry about having to square it up. I know several scratch players using the M4 D-Type

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

Question about the foam....which woods drivers, fairways, have it and is the entire head void filled with foam? Or something different? I love muted clubs so very interested in these...
From what people have said, these seem to have a more muted sound. The foam sits behind the face, but I do not think it fills the entire head. Haven’t seen pictures of the wood faces yet to know if they have the face screws for foam or not. I would bet the foam is only in the drivers. The woods now have twist face, so maybe foam in next years models

I've seen a cutaway of the head, and the resin (not the same as foam) doesn't fill the entire head. There are little (maybe 1 cubic centimeter, if that) chambers behind each screw where the resin is injected. And depending on what the face tests out at (tested before resin is added) determines how much resin is added per chamber.

Does that basically mean that one could remove the screws, remove the resin and make that face hotter (=illegal) that way?

In theory, I'd say yes. All of these faces are supposed to start out above the legal limit before resin is added, so yes, melting the resin out should yield a non confirming driver. Probably would sound and feel like crap though.

https://www.gettyimages.ca/photos/kapalua?family=editorial&page=2&phrase=kapalua&sort=newest#license

Rory Rory Rory. Still searching for putts I guess.

I feel for him. It’s a sickening feeling.

Real news from there I see is that Gary Woodland has s Wilson hat on. They’ve signed a real player up finally ? ( not disparaging paddy ).

TM Sim Max 10.5 Ventus Red 6x 

TM RBZ 14* Addi 8x 

TM Gapr bonded 18* evenflow blue 6.5 

Miura MC-501 3-Pw DG.X7

Artisan 53 59 s400

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

In theory, I'd say yes. All of these faces are supposed to start out above the legal limit before resin is added, so yes, melting the resin out should yield a non confirming driver. Probably would sound and feel like crap though.

And crack in the first day of hit by anybody with some speed.

TM Sim Max 10.5 Ventus Red 6x 

TM RBZ 14* Addi 8x 

TM Gapr bonded 18* evenflow blue 6.5 

Miura MC-501 3-Pw DG.X7

Artisan 53 59 s400

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

https://www.gettyimages.ca/photos/kapalua?family=editorial&page=2&phrase=kapalua&sort=newest#license

Rory Rory Rory. Still searching for putts I guess.

I feel for him. It’s a sickening feeling.

Real news from there I see is that Gary Woodland has s Wilson hat on. They’ve signed a real player up finally ? ( not disparaging paddy ).

If woodland puts the cortex in play then we'll know it's a player in the driver game. If not...

Plenty of really good players prefer a draw bias over fade bias. They dont want to have to work to turn it over or consciously worry about having to square it up. I know several scratch players using the M4 D-Type

Tiger had it in the neutral setting when he was using the Whiteboard at the end of the season. He had it in the draw setting with the PO. Picture in the link with the Whiteboard and the weights in the neutral settings.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.golf-monthly.co.uk/gear/gear-news/tiger-woods-whats-in-the-bag-2-123712/amp

WITB
Driver: 10.5* SIM set 1 click lower with Elements Earth 7F4 or Diamana D+ x5ct 70s

Hybrids: 15* Adams XTD Super Hybrid Proforce V2 85F4, 19* Adams XTD Super Hybrid UTS Proforce VTS 100s, 23* Adams Super 9031 dgs300
Irons: 5-PW Ben Hoga PTx Pro Modus 125s
Wedges: 48* bent to 49* Vokey SM6 F Grind, Zipcore 52* Mid bent to 53*, Zipcore 56* Mid Raw bent to 58*. All wedges have DGTI S400
Putter: Toulon Las Vegas or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can Finish

Mike Johnson@EMichaelGW 2m2 minutes ago

Also appears that @McIlroyRory is giving TaylorMade's new M5 driver a try in practice at the Sentry Tournament of Champions. Club just went on the USGA list of conforming driver heads.

Dv6cWP4XQAERT_-.jpg

Currently in [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1417466-thewrx-the-epic-event-at-callaway-golf-8-members-are-treated-to-thewrx/"]#TheWRX[/url]...

[size=2]Taylormade M3 460 (9.5°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
Taylormade SLDR Mini (14°) Matrix White Tie 70X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
Callaway Apex Pro (4i-PW) DG X100 TI
Ping Glide 2.0 (50° & 54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Odyssey O Works R-Line
Taylormade TP5X[/size]

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/844200-qmanys-swingsticks-lesson-w-gankas-p-108/"]QMany's Swing/Sticks[/url] / [url="https://www.instagram.com/matthewdquandt/"]Instagram[/url]

One

More

Sleep :)

Apparently I jumped the gun here

TaylorMade Hi Toe 58/10

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

One

More

Haha! No worries! Go back to sleep!

Twitter: @Ed_Settle
Driver:           Callaway Mavrik 10.5 Ventus Blue 6S
Fairway:        Callaway Mavrik 3+ /13.5*  Rogue 6S
Hybrid:          Callaway Mavrik Pro 2/18*  4/23* KBS Hybrid 85S

Irons:             Callaway '19 Apex Pro 2 Dot 5-PW MMT 105 S
Wedges:       Callaway MD 5 50/56/60 DG S200 
Putter:           Toulon Design Chicago 34" w/Stroke Lab

Ball:               Callaway 2020 CSX 
Bag:               Callaway 6 way carry
My WITB

Can’t sleep! Too excited!

Any word out there on shaft options?

TaylorMade Hi Toe 58/10

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

Tiger had it in the neutral setting when he was using the Whiteboard at the end of the season

You are right, he had in the neutral position in the playoffs and Rydercup and the Match.

But IMO hes best diving last season was before that, back when he was in contention to win the last 2 majors of the season.

One

More

It’s 7 am brah. It’s well documented that us San Diegans don’t wake up till 7. That’s followed by some craft coffee at a “trailer” the size of your bathroom and then immediately go surfing. Then, we go to work say around 10.

You’ll get your information. It’ll be worth the wait!

One

More

It's 7 am brah. It's well documented that us San Diegans don't wake up till 7. That's followed by some craft coffee at a "trailer" the size of your bathroom and then immediately go surfing. Then, we go to work say around 10.

You'll get your information. It'll be worth the wait!

Thanks for the update brah

G400 LST
TM SLDR TS
Apex UT 18'
Apex MB 18'
RTX 2.0 Raw
Ping Anser Milled

One

More

It’s 7 am brah. It’s well documented that us San Diegans don’t wake up till 7. That’s followed by some craft coffee at a “trailer” the size of your bathroom and then immediately go surfing. Then, we go to work say around 10.

You’ll get your information. It’ll be worth the wait!

Half my day is over by 7! Lol!

TaylorMade Hi Toe 58/10

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

Also appears that @McIlroyRory is giving TaylorMade's new M5 driver a try in practice at the Sentry Tournament of Champions. Club just went on the USGA list of conforming driver heads.

Dv6cWP4XQAERT_-.jpg

When did Ror's go PW??

Taylormade SIM MAX 9 (Set to 8.25U) Fujikura Speeder Evo IV 661 Stiff Tipped .5"
Taylormade M5 15 set to 14.5 Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 7.3 Stiff Tipped 1"
Bridgestone Tour B 19 Hybrid KBS Proto 85 Stiff
Taylormade M3 3i KBS Tour 105 Stiff
Bridgestone J15CB 5-PW DG AMT S300
Taylormade MG2 52 DGTIS400, MG2TW 56/12 DGTIS400, & Tour Raw Hi Toe 60/09 KBS HiRev 125
Scotty Cameron TeI Newport 2 Longneck 34"
Bridgestone Tour B XS

Dv6cWP4XQAERT_-.jpg

When did Ror's go PW??

He made the switch midway through the Nedbank in South Africa back in early November. He kept it in the bag the following week in Dubai.

TaylorMade SIM 8.0, Diamana Kai'li 60S, 44.75"
TaylorMade M5 Rocket 3, Tensei Blue X, 42.5"
TaylorMade SIM Max Rescue 19, Fujikura Atmos Blue Tour Spec 8X Hybrid
TaylorMade P770 (2020) 3-4, KBS $-Taper S
TaylorMade P7MC 5-6, KBS $-Taper S

TaylorMade P7MB 7-PW, KBS $-Taper S
TaylorMade MG2 52, Hi-Toe 58 - DG S400 Tour Issue
TaylorMade Milled Juno proto, 40.5" armlock
TaylorMade TP5x (2017)
jll62's WITB

Dv6cWP4XQAERT_-.jpg

When did Ror's go PW??

think he had a short stint with it after he was using the orange in the summer and then went back to his kk xt looks like he changed back to the white with the m5 maybe it worked better in that head for him?

One

More

It's 7 am brah. It's well documented that us San Diegans don't wake up till 7. That's followed by some craft coffee at a "trailer" the size of your bathroom and then immediately go surfing. Then, we go to work say around 10.

You'll get your information. It'll be worth the wait!

Thanks for the update brah

You’re gosh darn welcome, y’all! Texas. Haha