Taylormade M5 & M6 Woods - Pics added page 46

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If anyone was interested in this

> @Howie said: > For those with the M5 driver...what are your weight settings and what factors influenced the decision to position them as you have?   I have one all the way forward one all th

> @boggyman said: > Hit the 5 and 6 fairways couple days ago. Been on the fence. Like the sound and feel of golfball when it leave face of 5 but like the shape of the 6 better at address behin

Can anyone explain this sentence in other words for a non-native English speaker?

“...strategically injected with tuning resin...”

What is “tuning resin”?

I think “tuning” represents the amount of resin injected to slow the face to the legal limit. Apparently up to 2g of resin is employed.

Cobra SpeedZone Pars & Stripes 9.0 Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue S 45.5”

PONDERING: Ventus Red 60x, Aldila RIP 60x

Tour Edge EXS 220 13.5 HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 6.5
Ben Hogan VKTR+ 18 UST Recoil ES 95 F5 X 

ORDERED: New Level NLU-01 21 Nippon Modus Pro 120X 1 Flat
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X 1 Flat

PONDERING: Fourteen DJ4 54

TaylorMade Hi Toe 58/10

Rife Phenom.Z 34”
Mizuno K1 Lo 2021 Blue/Red

Rory and DJ using the 460 for the added forgiveness but these 12 handicaps on WRX are shouting they need the smaller tour head because it fits their eye better.

[b]Driver: [/b][color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Ping G400 Max - HZRDUS Yellow Handcrafted 6.0[/font][/color]
[b]3 Wood:[/b][color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,] Ping G400 - Alta CB[/font][/color]
[b]Hybrid:[/b][color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,] Ping G400 - Alta CB[/font][/color]
[b]Irons: [/b][color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Bridgestone J40 DPC - LZ 6.0[/font][/color]
[b]Wedges:[/b][color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,] Callaway X-Forged - S300[/font][/color]
[b]Putter:[/b][color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,] Scotty Cameron Red X5[/font][/color]
[b]Ball:[/b][color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,] Titleist Pro V1x[/font][/color]

Any word on FW cc? I didn’t see that spec listed.

Currently in [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1417466-thewrx-the-epic-event-at-callaway-golf-8-members-are-treated-to-thewrx/"]#TheWRX[/url]...

[size=2]Taylormade M3 460 (9.5°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
Taylormade SLDR Mini (14°) Matrix White Tie 70X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
Callaway Apex Pro (4i-PW) DG X100 TI
Ping Glide 2.0 (50° & 54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Odyssey O Works R-Line
Taylormade TP5X[/size]

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/844200-qmanys-swingsticks-lesson-w-gankas-p-108/"]QMany's Swing/Sticks[/url] / [url="https://www.instagram.com/matthewdquandt/"]Instagram[/url]

Rory and DJ using the 460 for the added forgiveness but these 12 handicaps on WRX are shouting they need the smaller tour head because it fits their eye better.

Not to mention pros aren't chasing 1800 spin like a lot of us are for some reason. Many of them find 2,500 to be optimal to keep it in the fairway.

TSi3) TS3 3 Wood | 915H 2 | 718 T-MB 3, T100 4-PW | Vokey SM6 52, SM7 58 | Byron DH89 LongNeck

[media=]

[/media]

IMO the review felt a bit rushed, no comment on the shafts for example.. but I think this image speaks more than the video:

Not a huge leap in ball speed for Rick..

My theory on this is that the drivers they have sent to reviewers in the past have always been closer to the limit, than what the rest of us get. Simply because they wanted good reviews. Just a theory

TM Sim Tour AD DI 6x
Ping G410 plus 3 wood Tour AD DI 7x
TM Sim 5 wood Ventus Velocore 8x
Mizuno MP20 Nippon Modus 120
Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide
Vokeys SM6 52,56 SM7 60
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/940075-davids-bag-and-golf-room/"]WITB Link[/url]

My theory on this is that the drivers they have sent to reviewers in the past have always been closer to the limit, than what the rest of us get. Simply because they wanted good reviews. Just a theory

I thought the exact same thing. I bet the fitting cart heads as well as the ones that are sent to reviewers are near maxed out where the retail heads are a crap shoot.

TSi3) TS3 3 Wood | 915H 2 | 718 T-MB 3, T100 4-PW | Vokey SM6 52, SM7 58 | Byron DH89 LongNeck

Golfbox review was interesting. He hit one out of the toe and heel (not on purpose) and there was very little drop off in distance...very, very little

I think this is the point that keeps getting lost or just isn’t properly explained by the manufacturers....

Even with the M5/M6 being so close to the line.....centre strikes just won’t see much difference......the face being hotter on miss-hits is wheee the gains are to be seen!

Thing is though.....how do you say to someone and sell.....more distance on s**t strikes without sounding like. You’re calling everyone hackers!!!

Exactly. Center strikes were never going to get faster. What TM meant by "everyone gets faster" is that those who regularly miss the sweet spot (most golfers) will hit it farther.

Anyone know what the new custom shaft list is going to look like?

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

[media=]

[/media]

IMO the review felt a bit rushed, no comment on the shafts for example.. but I think this image speaks more than the video:

Not a huge leap in ball speed for Rick..

The drop in spin in not a selling point for me as a low spin player, becomes a shaft play at that point.

So no more sleeps. And no more ball speed. Lol.

For reference. It made the exact same speed as the g400 max as tested by Rick.

TM Sim Max 10.5 Ventus Red 6x 

TM RBZ 14* Addi 8x 

TM Gapr bonded 18* evenflow blue 6.5 

Miura MC-501 3-Pw DG.X7

Artisan 53 59 s400

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

They really look nice, the M6 seems like the sweet spot.

However, I'm not upgrading from M3/4. Price isn't jusified and those two heads have zero ballspeed problems. I was interested in the M5 Ti fairway, then saw there's no 3HL. Hard Pass.

G410 LST 9.0°, Speeder Evo II 757

Flash SZ 17°, VTS Silver 8x
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

X Forged '18  5-P, PX 6.5
SM7 50F, 54S, 58M
PXG Closer Gen 2  
Tour BX

Seems like that. Unless you miss the sweet spot a lot.

Checkout Ricks g400max review video. Same center speed. And you won’t find anything better on misses. Disappointed I am.

TM RBZ 14* Addi 8x 

Miura MC-501 3-Pw DG.X7

Artisan 53 59 s400

Checkout Ricks g400max review video. Same center speed. And you won't find anything better on misses. Disappointed I am.

Optimum Performance for him between the 2 the G400Max was 10 yards shorter carry and 14 yards shorter total distance then the M5 if that is what you are referring too

As I stated yesterday.....Interested in the driver once they hit the BST but they can keep the fairway....I don't want twistface on my fairway

Taylormade SIM MAX 9 (Set to 8.25U) Fujikura Speeder Evo IV 661 Stiff Tipped .5"
Taylormade M5 15 set to 14.5 Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 7.3 Stiff Tipped 1"
Bridgestone Tour B 19 Hybrid KBS Proto 85 Stiff
Taylormade M3 3i KBS Tour 105 Stiff
Bridgestone J15CB 5-PW DG AMT S300
Taylormade MG2 52 DGTIS400, MG2TW 56/12 DGTIS400, & Tour Raw Hi Toe 60/09 KBS HiRev 125
Scotty Cameron TeI Newport 2 Longneck 34"
Bridgestone Tour B XS

Checkout Ricks g400max review video. Same center speed. And you won't find anything better on misses. Disappointed I am.

Optimum Performance for him between the 2 the G400Max was 10 yards shorter carry and 14 yards shorter total distance then the M5 if that is what you are referring too

Nobody advertised more carry. They said speed. What this head is , is a reverse sldr. Higher effective loft than the stated number. Problem is we all know there’s a ceiling to launch numbers in the real world. Very high ball flight doesn’t play on any but flat calm days. It will be a loft down get the same flight game.

Look I’m not down in TM necessarily. I’m playing their 3 and 5 wood.

But. This particular ad campaign has been pretty aggressive in claiming “ more speed “. And with the new tech to backup the claim. Then we see a couple reviews and nobody picks up even 1 mph. Hmmm.

I’m sure it’s going to fit some people better and be a benefit. But my ocd now is satisfied that I’m not missing an inch.

TM RBZ 14* Addi 8x 

Miura MC-501 3-Pw DG.X7

Artisan 53 59 s400