2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Taylormade M5 & M6 Woods - Pics added page 46

chadillac65

I actually snorted coffee from my nose mid drink, when Rick explained how TaylorMade are so fast they had to inject resin to dampen down the speed.

Frigging hilarious!!

Please God no-one actually believes this bs???

Well we know that faces can be much faster. I believe TM is working to achieve max COR on off center hits. And if you watch the Golfbox reviews then you'll see that there's validation that they are really close.

Mr. Gullible, I have an old treasure map for sale. Guaranteed gold under the X... Yours for £500... Interested?

I actually snorted coffee from my nose mid drink, when Rick explained how TaylorMade are so fast they had to inject resin to dampen down the speed.

Frigging hilarious!!

Please God no-one actually believes this bs???

Well we know that faces can be much faster. I believe TM is working to achieve max COR on off center hits. And if you watch the Golfbox reviews then you'll see that there's validation that they are really close.

Mr. Gullible, I have an old treasure map for sale. Guaranteed gold under the X... Yours for £500... Interested?

I’m beginning to think you are not interested in a new Taylormade driver.

Too funny. We have one review with underwhelming ball speeds, but tee marks all over the face and a 1.42/1.43 smash. Another review shows huge ball speed gains, but a 1.55 smash. As with anything golf equipment related, I can't wait to give this a run myself to see how the numbers work out for me personally.

If Rick Sheils wanted a true comparison, he'd have to hit a bunch of drivers on the same day. Maybe the M5/M6 is faster, maybe not, but the only way to really know is to break out the g400/callaway/Titleist line and hit them all with the same swing, not compare them to ball speeds taken 365 days ago. I'd like to see that. Who knows, maybe Rick Sheils is recovering from a bout with hemorrhoids and he's not centering the ball well. Regardless, I really don't think anybody is going to have massively different ball speeds good or bad, among all of the different manufacturers. Pick the one that you hit the straightest and sounds/feels best for you....

Most manufacturers hype it up- that's their job. Go look at the Epic Flash hype thread. More insane claims about ball speeds. I owned an Epic SZ/Rogue drivers and saw no difference between my M2s/ g400LST.... They virtually all perform the same, if you get something that works for you.

That being said, I like the look of the M6 a lot. I doubt if it will be much different than my M2s. I love the headcover, My bag is black/orange and silver, so it would match like no other; I'll pick up a headcover at the very least, hahaha...

Callaway Paradym Triple 💎 10.5* Ventus Blue 6X/TR 6S
Titleist TSR2 16.5* (Set to 15.75*) Tour AD DI 7S
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid Tour AD IZ 85S
Titleist u505 4i (21*) Tour AD DI 95S

Srixon Zx7 MK II 5-PW, 51* AW - Modus 105S
Callaway Jaws 56*-Jaws Full Toe 60*-  DG 115 TI S200

Toulon Garage Custom Las Vegas H7 35”

If Rick Sheils wanted a true comparison, he'd have to hit a bunch of drivers on the same day. Maybe the M5/M6 is faster, maybe not, but the only way to really know is to break out the g400/callaway/Titleist line and hit them all with the same swing, not compare them to ball speeds taken 365 days ago. I'd like to see that. Who knows, maybe Rick Sheils is recovering from a bout with hemorrhoids and he's not centering the ball well. Regardless, I really don't think anybody is going to have massively different ball speeds good or bad, among all of the different manufacturers. Pick the one that you hit the straightest and sounds/feels best for you....

Most manufacturers hype it up- that's their job. Go look at the Epic Flash hype thread. More insane claims about ball speeds. I owned an Epic SZ/Rogue drivers and saw no difference between my M2s/ g400LST.... They virtually all perform the same, if you get something that works for you.

That being said, I like the look of the M6 a lot. I doubt if it will be much different than my M2s. I love the headcover, My bag is black/orange and silver, so it would match like no other; I'll pick up a headcover at the very least, hahaha...

Yep. The other day I hit the Cobra F9, the Rogue SZ, the G400 Max, the M4 and my M2. All had similar ball speeds...avg around 152 with highs 155-156. Do I think I’ll get those to 160 with a new TM? Nope. I just want a new driver. So I ordered the M6.

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

Let me add more marketing BS for you: I really dislike the look of the sole on the M5 drivers. I thought I'd get used to it, but the lighter color carbon panel doesn't work for me. It looks kind of cheap and out of place on a $550 driver. The only thing I could come up with is TaylorMade wanting the sole of the driver to stand out now that the silver on top is so much smaller. No idea if that's true or not, just idle speculation.

But, am I going to bypass the M5 because of the sole aesthetics? No, I'll still get one. The driver from the address position is sexy as hell. Easily the best looking driver I've used and makes my M3 look old and crusty each time I've teed it up in the simulator since I hit the M5 in late November.

Anything on a M6 tour version fairway?

Let me add more marketing BS for you: I really dislike the look of the sole on the M5 drivers. I thought I'd get used to it, but the lighter color carbon panel doesn't work for me. It looks kind of cheap and out of place on a $550 driver. The only thing I could come up with is TaylorMade wanting the sole of the driver to stand out now that the silver on top is so much smaller. No idea if that's true or not, just idle speculation.

But, am I going to bypass the M5 because of the sole aesthetics? No, I'll still get one. The driver from the address position is sexy as hell. Easily the best looking driver I've used and makes my M3 look old and crusty each time I've teed it up in the simulator since I hit the M5 in late November.

There are no plans to sell an M6 tour version fairway. If that exists in any form, we weren't told about it. The M6 does have a slightly taller face than did the M4 fairway, however.

From a size perspective, this is something interesting that I haven't seen mentioned. The M5 fairway is larger than the M3 fairway. If I recall correctly, the M5 fairway is ~165cc, whereas the M3 was ~140cc. The M6 is a little larger at ~185cc. The M6 was called the Jason Day fairway during the keynote, as he had a lot of input and the goal was to finally make him a fairway wood that he felt comfortable with.

Finally, there is no 3HL any more (I believe I've seen this mentioned). The reason given is that the M5 and M6 both launch higher than past models, so there is no need for a HL version.

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 9.0, Ventus Black 6X, 45.5"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.5 70g, 42.5"

TaylorMade P790 3 (2021), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG4 50, 54 - DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T - DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

My WITB Post

There are no plans to sell an M6 tour version fairway. If that exists in any form, we weren't told about it. The M6 does have a slightly taller face than did the M4 fairway, however.

From a size perspective, this is something interesting that I haven't seen mentioned. The M5 fairway is larger than the M3 fairway. If I recall correctly, the M5 fairway is ~165cc, whereas the M3 was ~140cc. The M6 is a little larger at ~185cc. The M6 was called the Jason Day fairway during the keynote, as he had a lot of input and the goal was to finally make him a fairway wood that he felt comfortable with.

Finally, there is no 3HL any more (I believe I've seen this mentioned). The reason given is that the M5 and M6 both launch higher than past models, so there is no need for a HL version.

Is there a 4 wood available?

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

Is there a 4 wood available?

No 4 woods. Here are the loft configurations:

M5: 3/14, 3/15, and 5/18

M6: 3/14, 3/15, 5/18, 7/21, and 9/24

M6 D-Type: 3/16, 5/19, 7/22

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 9.0, Ventus Black 6X, 45.5"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.5 70g, 42.5"

TaylorMade P790 3 (2021), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG4 50, 54 - DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T - DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

My WITB Post

Thanks happy about the M5 CC size then. M3 was too small for my liking.

all marketing hype. every company is sooo close to the legal limit already that moving .00000000000000000000000001% closer will not make a noticeable difference in ball speed.

Lol. But they have someone on here claiming 10 mph now and 1.55 smash. I'm flabbergasted that nobody else saw that post.

Trackman is probably under-reporting clubhead speed. Common issue.

Is this true ? I thought it over reported it ?

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Is 2016 M2 and M6 the same adapter so can use same shaft from M2?

Same adapter

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

all marketing hype. every company is sooo close to the legal limit already that moving .00000000000000000000000001% closer will not make a noticeable difference in ball speed.

Lol. But they have someone on here claiming 10 mph now and 1.55 smash. I'm flabbergasted that nobody else saw that post.

Depends on a lot of factors. COG, materials, strike location. High on face toward the toe will absolutely under-report (which seems to be his tendency).

Anyone else see the obvious issue with producing an illegal club, then use resin to make it legal again?

How many clubs with the resin removed will we see out there in the wild? There will be no way to see that from the outside of the club. Probably won't be an issue on PGA Tour but on smaller national tours or even my own hobby tour with the boys :-)

Edit: Wanna bet how many hours before we have video tutorial on how to remove the resin?

I imagine that someone will try pouring a solvent into the head to remove the resin.

Anyone have the price on the m6 fairways? Sorry if I missed it

$299.99

Driver: Titleist TSR2

Fairways: TaylorMade M1 (2017) Aldila Black; Cobra Baffler F6

Irons: Cobra KING Forged Tec Irons Steelfiber i110cw

Wedges: Ping Glide 2.0 54*; Callaway JAWS Full Toe 58*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Versa 3T

Ball: Srixon Z-Star XV

M6 looks ok, but the M5 is hideous. They couldn’t have made it look cheaper if they tried. The edge of the carbon fibre on the sole looks like it was cut by someone on work experience.

PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

Depends on a lot of factors. COG, materials, strike location. High on face toward the toe will absolutely under-report (which seems to be his tendency).

if that is the case it is really off, and he swing in the 120 range. i doubt that it is that far off. and yes, it typically over reports club head speed to ball speed. See Tiger wood's 129 club head speed record last year as an example.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

Mark this date on the calendar . Today is the day I was first called a “ ping boy “. Lol. Old gaurd ping guys heads are spinning off.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

So no more sleeps. And no more ball speed. Lol.

Seems like that. Unless you miss the sweet spot a lot.

Checkout Ricks g400max review video. Same center speed. And you won't find anything better on misses. Disappointed I am.

Optimum Performance for him between the 2 the G400Max was 10 yards shorter carry and 14 yards shorter total distance then the M5 if that is what you are referring too

If the M5 has the same ballspeed as the G400 Max, but just beats it in carry and roll, the M5 is nothing special. The G400 can be optimized to meet all the carry and roll numbers too and I’m sure the spin can be too.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (DI-95X, PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 50*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

not here to bash, i am one that actually likes the look of it. I am just questioning the numbers that have been posted. as i would expect anyone to question numbers that I post. if they are real, they are real. some of them do not make sense though.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

Based off seeing some YouTube videos. I believe the m5, m6 is no difference in speed or performance then previous clubs. Shields video looks kinda spot on and basically says it’s the same club no difference. The gimmick is real! These clubs are almost like clickbait. I would be curious to see comparison to the ts3 or the new ping. But from what i can see. I’ll save my money.

~2024 Bag~

Titleist TSR2 10 Degree

Titleist TSR2 3W 15 Degree

Titleist TSR2 Hybrid 19 Degree

Titleist T-100s 4-W  Blackout

Titleist SM9 50.12F,56.12D,60.08M Blackout

Scotty Cameron 11.5 

Titleist Pro-V1x Yellow

not here to bash, i am one that actually likes the look of it. I am just questioning the numbers that have been posted. as i would expect anyone to question numbers that I post. if they are real, they are real. some of them do not make sense though.

Agree. I love the look. Probably will love the feel. 17m1 3 wood and m3 ( same thing ) 5 wood I play are the best hands down fairways I’ve ever hit. Played a 17m1 driver all last year.

The thing that gets me worked up is the ad campaigns. The silly teases and the false claims. Hadn’t fell for one since the sldr. Then this one. It sucked me in. And poof. Rug pulled again.

Then there’s the gestapo approach to a leaked picture during they m3 launch.( attorneys contacting members here etc ). It’s all a bit much.

Then the carefully timed crazy launch monitor numbers to cover over this mornings reviews ? Come on.

Wonder if the name will stay after the next purchase ?

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock