Crazy rumor of the day: Justin Rose to Honma?

Hoping this isn’t old news, but I heard from someone typically reliable on insider info when it comes to club contracts, that Justin Rose has signed a deal with Honma.

Silly season or crazier s*** has happened?

Driver: Ping G410 Plus w/Tensei Orange
3 Wood: Titleist TS2 w/HZRDUS Smoke
Hybrid: Titleist 718 H2 w/Atmos Blue TS 
Irons: Ping iBlade Nippon AWT 2.0 Stiff
Wedges: Callaway MD3 50, 54, and 58
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Bridgestone XS

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully he pulls a Phil and switches out the entire bag for the Ryder Cup.

Titleist TS3 9.5  HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5tx 
PXG Gen 2 Hybrid 17* HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.5
Srixon Z 745 (4-pw) KBS tour-x
Mizuno T20 51* 54* 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
SC Studio Design no. 2
Pro V1

Isn't Mark King the CEO of Honma now? Plausible that he recruits some Tour talent to come over

Ping G410 LST 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6X
Ping G410 17.5  Tour 75
Ping G410 20.5 Tour 75

Ping G410 23.5 Tour 75
PXG 0311t 5-PW Steelfibre 95 S
Ping i210 50

Ping Glide 3.0 56

Vokey Spin Milled 60-04

Ping  Putter 38"

Hopefully he pulls a Phil and switches out the entire bag for the Ryder Cup.

Just as I finally purged this from my memory...

Driver: Ping G410 Plus w/Tensei Orange
3 Wood: Titleist TS2 w/HZRDUS Smoke
Hybrid: Titleist 718 H2 w/Atmos Blue TS 
Irons: Ping iBlade Nippon AWT 2.0 Stiff
Wedges: Callaway MD3 50, 54, and 58
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Bridgestone XS

A teaching pro at our club is on staff with Honma and told me the same thing on Weds.

Edit... He said it is because of TM’s old president or something who is now running Honma USA

Makes sense to me. TM exec that’s used to paying pros is running the show.

I just thought it was against Honmas “ideals” to pay people to play their stuff.

Have they ever paid Pros?

Drudersh to whatever catches his eye on the BST that week. Heard it from a friend who is 32% reliable.

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

A teaching pro at our club is on staff with Honma and told me the same thing on Weds.

Edit... He said it is because of TM’s old president or something who is now running Honma USA

I just thought it was against Honmas “ideals” to pay people to play their stuff.

Appears they do.

http://www.honmagolf.co.jp/en/team_honma/

Appears they do.

http://www.honmagolf.co.jp/en/team_honma/

Tanihara has been playing really well in the European Tour.

PING 400 Max and a Bag full of PXG’s.......
Non Titleist Cameron Welded Neck 35/330g SC 009
“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

Makes perfect sense.

1. Ascend to #1 in the world

2. Change out entire bag

3. Descend from #1

So what excuse do the players that have ascended to world number 1, left all of their clubs the same, the descended from number 1 have? Another daily typical WRX over reaction to something that might happen. This place never disappoints.

based on this: "High-end Honma has a minimal footprint in North America, but it seems King and company intend to change that. King, who oversaw impressive growth, experimentation, innovation, ever-shrinking product cycles, and glittering launches at TaylorMade says Honma is planning a major launch for January and plans to have a strong tour presence". I would expect Tour signings of some top talent asap...

Makes sense. On this very site, there was an article about Honma planning to have professionals on staff as part of their new strategy with the former

based on this: "High-end Honma has a minimal footprint in North America, but it seems King and company intend to change that. King, who oversaw impressive growth, experimentation, innovation, ever-shrinking product cycles, and glittering launches at TaylorMade says Honma is planning a major launch for January and plans to have a strong tour presence". I would expect Tour signings of some top talent asap...

Yeah, makes sense with "plans to have a tour strong presence." With him playing so well, he'll be constantly on TV.

http://www.golfwrx.com/525620/former-taylormade-ceo-mark-king-is-taking-over-at-honma/

Wow, I think I'm fairly tuned into the golf world, and this is the first time I've ever heard of Honma Golf.

Oh boy.....

Come my little Newbie, and take Uncle WRX’s hand and let him lead you down the rabbit hole to the world of unknown, exotic, and obscure equipment.

Soon you will discover all sorts of wonderful brands and boutique makers that you never knew about but suddenly have a need to explore and own.

Be careful along the way, as your quest for the best and most interesting equipment will surely lead to your wallet becoming mysteriously lighter and your basement becoming full of “perfect” clubs that didn’t quite work out as expected.

It’s an adventure....prepare yourself for the ride.

Makes perfect sense.

1. Ascend to #1 in the world

2. Change out entire bag

3. Descend from #1

So what excuse do the players that have ascended to world number 1, left all of their clubs the same, the descended from number 1 have? Another daily typical WRX over reaction to something that might happen. This place never disappoints.

Relax my man. It was mostly in jest.