Season Start Until Now....What Changed In Your Bag??

roundersmitty

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In summary, my bag was setup to preform well on the simulator but not on the golf course.

Driver- went to a stiffer shaft that I can be aggressive with and doesn’t go left

3 wood- most of my shots were off the tee so I went with a larger head

Driving Iron/hybrid- pulled the driving iron out for a hybrid. I needed something a little higher launching

4/5 iron- went to the Mizuno MMC fli hi for forgiveness

Wedges- went from 46-51-56-60 to 46-52-58-62. I wanted a little more options inside 100 yards as most courses I play are ~6500. If I was playing a 7000+ I would go 46-50-55-60

Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 7*........................Project X Smoke Green 60 TX
Taylormade Stealth Plus 13*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 8X
Taylormade Stealth Plus 17*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 9X

Srixon ZX Utility 3..........................................Fujikura Ventus Black 10TX
Srixon ZX Utility 4..........................................Dynamic Gold X7
Srixon ZX7 5-9...............................................Dynamic Gold X7
Cleveland Zipcore Raw 47, 53......................Dynamic Gold X7

Vokey Wedge Works V Grind 59..................Dynamic Gold S400
Yes! Ann.........................................................KBS GPS 120

Started playing in early Aug after recovery from surgery (hip labral). I had added a few diff builds in my time off to see what would work best. The main showdowns thus far have been:

P790 UDI (Black Tie HM4 105X) vs. X Forged UT (Tour Green 105TX) = UDI

- The UDI feels better, higher + slightly longer

Rogue SZ 3+ (Diamana B 80X) vs. XR 3Deep (Tour AD TP 8X) = XR 3Deep

- This one was tough. I hit some really good ones on course with the SZ. But the XR 3Deep is a phenomenal headshape and more consistent. For a 3w I'll take a bit better accuracy over +5 yards.

Nike VR Forged 60.06 Wide-Low = no current 60* in the bag

- Gave it extended hours to groove it, had its moments but not consistent. Simply not enough versatility or performance from greenside rough to warrant the spot of the lob. The lob wedge is something I'll have to try a few before I find the 'one' again.

1). From 2016 M2 12° Kuro Kage 60S to 2016 M1 11.5° Fuji Evo TS 661

2). Back to my 56°/LB MG wedge

3). Scotty Squareback out, Spider Tour Black in.

Equipment has:

Driver +6 yards because of more ball speed.

Maybe 1-2 shots better around the greens because the LB lets me open wedge face more.

At least 2 putts less p/round because of better conversion inside 10 feet.

Given up tinkering with my swing, which is the biggest addition to my game.

Went for a full bag fitting (three separate sessions: driver only, woods and hybrids, irons and wedges) and made a bunch of changes, but not as many as I expected.

Driver: XHot 10.5º ProjectX R flex to Rogue 9º Fujikura ATMOS Blue 6 S flex

4 wood: XHot 17º ProjectX R flex to Rogue 16º EvenFlow Blue S flex

7 wood: XHot 21º ProjectX R flex unchanged

5 hybrid: XR 25º ProjectX R flex unchanged

Irons: Ping G25 5-UW reshafted from TFC189i R flex to Recoil 780 F3 R flex

Sand wedge: Edel 55º digger grind reshafted from KBS Hi-Rev S flex to Recoil 807 F3 R flex

Lob wedge: Edel 60º digger grind KBS Hi-Rev S flex unchanged

Putter: Odyssey Tank Cruiser V-line 35" unchanged

The iron fitting settled on G400 with those Recoil shafts, but the fitter convinced me that the same shafts in my existing G25 heads would perform just as well for much less cash.

Irons - started with a split set of P770/750, went to TP MB, and now am in JPX 900 tour. Love both previous sets, still own them and use them for travel sets.

Driver - 2016 M2, Tour Issue GBB, Tour Issue 2017 M2, Mizuno ST 180, M3. Still have all of them except the 16 M2, but I may get rid of the 180 here soon. Still working with all of them to see which I prefer, right now the M3 is leadin followed by the TI M2.

Putter - Scotty M1, Ping Tyne, Ping Tyne H, SC Newport 2.5, Toulon Atlanta, Toulon Portland, Ardmore flow neck, Machine MA1. Still own all of them except the Scotty’s and face balanced Tyne. I’ve come to the realization i can putt with just about anything, just what am I confindent looking at in any point in time, which right now is the Machine and Toulons.

Fairway woods I don’t touch, I test out backups just in case one ever gets broken but otherwise my gamers don’t move.

Wedges I don’t touch much but I have the new Vokey 60T coming to replace the V grind. Love the V grind but too often conditions in Texas are too firm to get max versatility out of it (for me at least).

Driving Iron - this spot I play around with a lot. Started the year with the Original UDI 2, added the UDI 1. Then got the 790 UDI 2 and it was too long, so Put a 3 T-MB in, then went back to my original UDI 3. I love the 1 and 2 irons, but they make my 5 wood redundant and that’s the safest club in my bag hence the 3 for better gapping.

Titleist TSR2 9 w/Ventus Black 6X
TM BRNR Mini 13.5 w/Ventus TR Blue 7X

Titleist TSR3 18 w/Ventus Black 9X or TM P760 3 w/HZRDUS Black 6.5 105
Artisan FC 4, Artisan HC 5&6, Artisan MB 7-PW (4 TI X100 120, 5-PW TI X100)
Artisan 51,55,60 (51 TI X100; 55,60 TI S400)
Artisan 0117 Slant Neck

New shaft in driver

New 3w head and shaft

New iron heads

New iron shafts

New wedge heads

New wedge shafts

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Driver - Epic SZ Tensei Pro White To Rogue Oban Devotion 6

Fairway Woods - No change

irons - Ping ie1 Nippon Modus 105 to TM P790 DG105 S300 (Ping i200 With Steelfiber 95's sent to Ping for adjustments looking to make the bag)

Wedges - Ping Glide 54 & 60 to Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 55 & 59 ( Ping Glide Stealth 54 & 59 With Steelfiber 110 drying in the basement)

Putter - No change

This season has been evolution rather than revolution. I've made some changes, but they have more been enhancements on what I had already.

Driver - Upgraded the Blueboard 60S to a Fuji Speeder 757X. The Blueboard was way too spinny for me and felt a bit whippy - it was fine if the face was straight when I hit it, but if I lost it right with that shaft I lost it a LONG way right (once needing a full 6 iron to get back to the fairway). After getting used to the extra weight this shaft has been superb, and probably gained an extra 20 yards carry over the Blueboard.

3W - No change, still the old faithful Vapor Fly. May get a stronger shaft put in the off season, but I'm hitting it well currently so no real need to change.

Driving Iron - varied between my VFP 2 iron and OG Blade 1 iron, but settled on the VFP 2 iron mid season and I now have a way to find the fairway when my woods aren't co-operating.

Irons - after 13 happy years with my OG Blades, I finally found a perfect set of VR Pros on Golfbidder - 4 - PW with DG Ti S400 shafts. Definitely a move I should have made earlier, as my only criticism of the OG Nike Blades were they were quite short - a flat out 7 iron would only go 145, when I was clearing 280 with my Driver. Swapped the these, and after a month to get acclimatised they are money. a 7 iron will easily fly 165, and they are impressively forgiving - you have to hit the ball quite a lon way out on the toe to lose any appreciable distance, all with the feel an work ability you expect from a blade. I can see why Tommy won't give his up, and Tiger effectively asked TM to make him a set identical.

Wedges - stuck with the 50 and 54's I had but bought a different grind 58 - went for the Dual Sole rather than the Toe Sweep, as it is much easier to lay flat if I've short sided myself. That's the only time i really use the 58 is round the greens, never on full shots, so the Dual Sole made more sense. Plus it was £29, so hardly an expensive experiment.

Putter - Can't see me ever changing this - it's taken me a while to replace my old faithful Yonex 8802 Copy, but this Scotty is perfect. Similar feel to the Yonex, but that bit more forgiving if I don't hit the centre of the putter. Also not being chrome, it doesn't blind me on sunny days :)

Not planning any changes for a while either, as I want to focus on the swing changes I've been making and get them set before I start changing equipment. I may look at woods early next season, but I haven't hit anything worth an extra £400 over my Vapor Fly, so I think the Blue Thunder will be hanging around for a while yet.

The Dee Three - Titleist TS4 9.5 deg, EvenFlow White 6.5 65g, A1 Setting

Henrik - Titleist 917 F3 15 deg, Rogue Max 75x, B2 Setting

The Walking Stick - Titleist 818 H2 19 deg, Rogue Max 85x, B2 Setting

The Interloper - TaylorMade P770 3 iron, S400 Tour Issue, +0.5inch +1 deg loft

The Blades - Nike VR Pro 4 - AW, S400 Tour Issue, +0.5 inch

The Sand Iron - TaylorMade MG2 TW-12 Grind, 56 degree, S400 Tour Issue

The Flopper - TaylorMade MG2 TW-11 Grind, 60 Degree, S400 Tour Issue

The Putter - Nike Method 003 from The Oven

"Golf is only called golf as all the other four letter words have been taken"     - Leslie Nielsen

This might be a wide range of answers from none to all 14.

For myself...everything the same as start of season in signature except for 1...the putter. Went from Bobby Grace to Seemore to Rife Aussie Mallet IBF Tour.

[list]
[*][size=4][b][color=#0000ff]Ping G410 LST, Mitsubishi Tensei Orange Pro [/color][/b][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#008000][b]Ping G410 3 wood, Mitsubishi Diamana BF[/b][/color][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#008000][b]Ping G410 3 hybrid, Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Pro[/b][/color][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#008000][b]Ping G410 4 hybrid, Evenflow Black[/b][/color][/size]
[*][size=4][b]Titleist T200 5-9 KBS Tour Flt [/b][/size]
[*][size=4][b][color=#daa520]Callaway MD5 45,49,54,58/[/color]
[*][color=#b22222][b][size=4]TP Mills Trad II Hand Forged [/size][/b][/color]
[/list]

This feels a little like confessions of a club ho..... here goes:

- M3 driver replaced M1 (Rogue in the middle)

- Rogue 3w and 5w replaced XRs

- Rogue 4h replaced XR

- Scotty DelMar (returned) to replace EvnRoll

[list]
[*][size=4][b][color=#0000ff]Ping G410 LST, Mitsubishi Tensei Orange Pro [/color][/b][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#008000][b]Ping G410 3 wood, Mitsubishi Diamana BF[/b][/color][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#008000][b]Ping G410 3 hybrid, Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Pro[/b][/color][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#008000][b]Ping G410 4 hybrid, Evenflow Black[/b][/color][/size]
[*][size=4][b]Titleist T200 5-9 KBS Tour Flt [/b][/size]
[*][size=4][b][color=#daa520]Callaway MD5 45,49,54,58/[/color]
[*][color=#b22222][b][size=4]TP Mills Trad II Hand Forged [/size][/b][/color]
[/list]

Changed my driver technically at the beginning of the season from a Srixon 565 to a TM M3. I've had putter woes all year so I've also bought a Spider Tour Black and a See-More putter this year. I've rotated those two with my EVNROLL all year. Other than those minor adjustments, everything else has stayed the same.

TaylorMade M3 w/HZRDUS Yellow stiff
TaylorMade M4 Tour 3 wood w/HZRDUS Red stiff
TaylorMade M3 2 hybrid (set to 19*) w/HZRDUS Black stiff
Srixon U65 4i Miyazaki Stiff
Srixon 765 5-PW Modus 120 Stiff
Cleveland RTX 3.0 50*, 54*, and 58* KBS 61
TaylorMade Spider Black

Gameball: Vice Pro Plus, Srixon Q Star Tour

This is the first year in along time I havent changed a club.

Usually I keep the same basic set and demo different clubs for a week or 2 at a time but this year I didn't even do that.

Callaway mavrik max 10.5

Callaway mavrik max 3 & 5 wood
Ping g30  26* & 30* hybrids
Ping i200 6 - UW

Ping glide 54* & 60* wedges
Odyssey #7 putter

Driver - Same since 2015

3 - Wood purchased at the end of 2017 TM 2017 M1

5 - Wood Purchased at the beginning of the summer Play it again Sports Titleist 909

2 - Utility U45 18 deg Purchased 2016

4 - Utility U45 23 deg Benched for 5 wood

5-PW - Z745 Purchased 2016

Wedges - Purchased half way through summer Custom shaped/ground wedges from Kyoel raw frged blanks

PXG 0311 7.5* (set to 6.75*) w/ Mitsubishi Diamana DF 70TX Tipped 0.75" @ 45.25"

TM Original One Mini Driver 13* (set at 11.5*) w/ Mitsubishi Diamana BF 80TX Tipped 1.5" @ 43"
Srixon U45 18* w/ N.S. Pro Modus3 GOST Tour X @ 39.5"
Callaway UW 21* w/ Aldila VS Proto 95X Tipped 1.75" @ 41" / Srixon U45 23* w/ Aldila RIP Tour SLT 115 Tour X @ 38.5"

Cobra KING Tour with MIM w/ PX LS 7.0 5-PW / Srixon Z745 5-PW w/ DG TI X7's (PW Tipped 1/4")
Mizuno T22 Denim Copper 50*, 55* & 60* w/ PX LS 7.0 Tipped 3/8" D2, D3 & D5

Putter: Evnroll ER2v

Did most of my changes in the beginning of the year.

Driver: 2017 M2 to G400 LST (kurokage silver tini 60x)

Fairway: 2016 M2 to G400 (Tensei Ck Pro blue 70 tx)

Irons: Mizuno MP 25 to MP 18 SC (c taper 130 x)

Wedges: Mizuno T7 to Vokey SM7 (51, 55, 60)

Putter: Odyssey V Line to Taylormade Spider Tour Black

Only change I can see in the future will be swapping the MP 18's for Ping i210s

Very minimal change for me this year. In order to try and close up a yardage gap I switched from a 56* & 60* set to a 54*-58*. But I just haven’t been good enough with the new ones around the green for them to stay. I’ll keep playing around that gap.

I did add a Udi 2iron, and added another driver shaft. Same head (actually bought a second of the same model so sahgts). Kind of go back and forth between the two. Probably the least amount of bag change I ve had for a lot of years.

Oh boy, This will be fun.

Don't have a defined season, GHIN says my first round of the year was 1/13/18

Driver:

Epic Sub Zero 9* >> G400 Max 9*

3 wood:

Epic Sub Zero 15* >> G400 14.5*

Top end gap clubs:

Apex Utility 21* >> X Forged Utility >> XTD Ti 18* >> 0811 5 wood >> P790 UDI 17/G400 19*

(The UDI and G400 hybrid are currently duking it out. I'll probably just end up swapping them based on course)

Irons:

CB-57 4-PW >> CB-57 4-6, Tournament Blade 7-PW >> CB-57 4-6, MB-001 7-PW (ordered these yesterday)

Wedges:

SM6 52*, 56*, 60* >> SM7 52* 56* 60* >> Added WW V Grind 56* and WW Low bounce K 60* (Delivered today)

Putter:

Future 6M Dual Balance >> Golo Circle T >> Studio Select era Newport Circle T

This also doesn't include all of the shaft/weight changes that have gone on.

I have a problem, but I don't see any changes being made for at least the rest of the year and probably well into next year.

(of course, I have a Titleist Thursday fitting next week)

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1540362-raholland71-witb/#entry16159836"]WITB[/url]
Titleist TS3 9.5*
Titleist TS3 15*
Titleist 818 H2 19*
Miura CB57 4-6
Miura MB001 7-PW
Vokey SM7 Raw 52*
Vokey V Grind 56*
Vokey Low Bounce K 60*
Scotty Cameron Newport Circle T

Changed to 917 D2 and F2 woods, swapped the 4,5, and 6 716 AP1's for 818 H1's, changed wedges to SM7's...

That's really it. Dabbled with putter, but that's an offseason change not during season.

Titleist TS2, 9.5, Tensei AV Series Blue 55
Titleist 917 F2, 16.5, Diamana LTD M+ Red 60
Titleist 818 H1, 23, Tensei Red AMC
Titleist 718 AP2's, 5-PW, AMT White S300
Vokey SM7, Tour Chrome, 50 (F), 54 (M), and 58 (D)
Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 1.5
Ball choice: ProV1x

Hey, I also stream! Check it out if you want! https://www.twitch.tv/scottwsmith

Irons:

Currently experimenting with Srixon Z545 w/ Recoil 95 shafts. But my trusty MP32's are ready to go back in the bag if need be.

I wanted to try some new technology, since I haven't switched irons since 2013. So far, I picked up a club of distance and noticed more forgiveness on miss-hits. But from the rough it's been really tough to stay on the green since shots come out so low and with no spin. I'm going to keep working at it though since I only have maybe 5-8 rounds with them.

Driver shaft:

Went from Elements Chrome to Speeder VC 6.2 TS. I wanted to try a shaft with a stiffer profile because I have a pretty aggressive transition but not a very fast swing (a round 100mph). So far, I feel like I have a little more control and less of a tendancy to push the ball right. Spin/launch might be less than ideal for max distance though (too low). Need more time to adjust, since I've only had about 4 rounds with it.

Titleist 910D2 9.5* Tour Issue
TEE XCG7 15*
Srixon Z545 4-PW
Vokey SM6 46* 50* 54* 58*
John Byron DaleHead 2

I rotated out a putter... but ended up going back to my Mil-Spec

I swapped irons to Srixon's... but the Titleist's are back

I added at 48° Vokey to fill the gap with the Srixon's... but that's going to stay in the bag

The more things change, the more they stay the same

WITB

Titleist TSi2 9º w/ Ventus Blue 7-TX

Titleist 915F 16.5º w/ Ventus Black 8-X

Callaway Apex UW 17º w/ Hazardous Smoke

Callaway Apex UW 21º w/ Hazardous Smoke

6-43º Titleist T400 w/ DG AMT Red

48º Vokey SM6, 54º Vokey SM8 Raw, 60º SM9 Raw

Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277

I got back into golfing a little bit this year after taking 17 years off due to college and starting a family. My clubs are from when I was in high school on the golf team.

I went from a 255cc Cleveland Quadpro Driver to a Ping G400Max - I hesitated due to the price, but found a good deal in the classifieds here. I love it - I would never hit my old driver off the tee because I didn't trust it. Usually just hit a driving iron instead. Now it feels like I am cheating by using this thing.

I took out the piece of crap 5 wood I had from my first cheap set of golf clubs and bought a Cleveland Mashie with an upgraded stiff shaft from Ebay for $25. It came in really handy this weekend. I hit a decent drive into the rough on a Par 5 and had about 210 yards left to the green. I used the Mashie from the rough and hit a nice shot right at the green and ended up 30 feet from the hole. It was my first time using it on the course. It's not leaving my bag now! 2 putted for birdie. I was surprised at how softly is landed on the green.

Took my TaylorMade Nubbins putter out of the bag and replaced it with a Cleveland Huntington Beach #8 putter. Upgraded the grip to a Super Stroke Pistol GTR 1.0. Love the putter and I got it for $60 in my local classifieds.

Adding a 52 degree wedge. Never had a gap wedge in between my PW and 56 degree club. Should be here soon. Ordered a Maltby.

And I'm done tinkering for this year.

New 5 Wood - Aeroburner 18*

New Irons - TM Rocketbladez

New Wedges - 50* CBX

54* SM5

58* RTX-3

In the last month however, I have dropped my RBladez 4 iron and replaced it with a Rescue 11 21*.

As of three days ago, my new Flextech Lite came in the mail to replace my Ping 4Under.

Driver - Taylormade M2 2017 9.75*

3W - Cobra RadSpeed Draw 14.5*

5W - Callaway Epic Flash 18*

7W - Taylormade M4 5HL 21*

5H - Callaway Rogue 24*

Irons - Taylormade P790 6-PW

Wedges - TM Milled Grind 50* & 54* | Hi-Toe 60*

Putter - Nike Method Converge B1-01

Grips - MCC clone| Ball - TP5

Everything but my putter.

Started with Taylormade Burner draw driver, Taylormade Burner Plus irons, Adams TL 3 wood, Adams A2OS 3&4 hybrid,Odyssey 2 ball backstryke putter. Pretty old set, I had not played in 7yrs.

Ended up buying a set of Taylormade M2 '16 irons and 2 Cleveland RTX-cb wedges. Eliminated the Adams hybrids.

Then bought a Taylormade M2' 17 driver to replace the burner draw. Eliminated the Adams 3 wood, just never hit it, has no confidence.

Then.... I bought a set of Cobra F8 OL combo irons, replaced the M2s. And currently waiting on a Cobra F8 tour length driver to be delivered to replace the M2.

So I've gone through 2 new sets of irons and 2 new drivers.

Game still sucks. ?

I got back into golfing a little bit this year after taking 17 years off due to college and starting a family. My clubs are from when I was in high school on the golf team.

I went from a 255cc Cleveland Quadpro Driver to a Ping G400Max - I hesitated due to the price, but found a good deal in the classifieds here. I love it - I would never hit my old driver off the tee because I didn't trust it. Usually just hit a driving iron instead. Now it feels like I am cheating by using this thing.

I took out the piece of crap 5 wood I had from my first cheap set of golf clubs and bought a Cleveland Mashie with an upgraded stiff shaft from Ebay for $25. It came in really handy this weekend. I hit a decent drive into the rough on a Par 5 and had about 210 yards left to the green. I used the Mashie from the rough and hit a nice shot right at the green and ended up 30 feet from the hole. It was my first time using it on the course. It's not leaving my bag now! 2 putted for birdie. I was surprised at how softly is landed on the green.

Took my TaylorMade Nubbins putter out of the bag and replaced it with a Cleveland Huntington Beach #8 putter. Upgraded the grip to a Super Stroke Pistol GTR 1.0. Love the putter and I got it for $60 in my local classifieds.

Adding a 52 degree wedge. Never had a gap wedge in between my PW and 56 degree club. Should be here soon. Ordered a Maltby.

And I'm done tinkering for this year.

I can’t imagine what a dramatic change it must be going from equipment from almost 20 years ago. Changing as the new stuff comes out, once ina while is big enough at times

Finally completed a much needed bag remodel. Swapped out my SM4s/SM5s for the new SM7s and a HiToe. Swapped the 2011 TM MC forged for the MP18s. Picked up a 718 TMB 2 iron in place of a Nike Vr Pro hybrid and Ping Crossover I was messing with. Most recently I picked up an M3 in place of the 913 D2 and a Titleist 4up StaDry. My putter and 3 wood are the only two clubs to have survived this season. I have loved every change I made and have been able to shoot my low score on my home course with limited practice. A lot of money well spent.

Titleist TSi3 - TPO 70TX

Titleist 917 F2 16.5 - Diamana W 80X

Titleist 718 TMB 2 - MMT 105TX / TSi3 20 - TPW 100TX

Mizuno MP18 4-P - TTDG X100

Vokey SM9 50.12F, 56.12D - TTDG S400

Vokey SM8 60.08 M - TTDG S400

TaylorMade Tour Spider