Better is relative.

TP5 spins more, TP5X spins a bit less, flies a bit higher.

SIM Max 9* | Ventus Black 6x

SIM Ti 19* | Fujikura Pro 2.0 TS 8x

Cobra Speedzone 18.5* | Accra FX 2.0 380M5 or Cobra Speedzone 4i | Modus 105x

i210 4-PW | X100 Tour Issue 1xSS

Ping Glide 3.0 50/12, 54/12, 58/10 | S400 Tour Issue

Cleveland SOFT Premier #4

ProV1x

All of that is already known... I'm curious if anyone has played either and what they like about it over the other

Played both. Both played so similar it came down to feel. Like the feel off the TP5 better. Truth be told, I could happily play either and not feel like I'm losing out on performance.

Callaway Mavrik 9° driver Tensei Pro White 50 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 15° fairway wood Tensei Pro Blue 60 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 20° and 23° hybrids MMT 90 S Flex

Mizuno JPX 921 Tour 5-PW & GW Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4-PW Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedges 50-07, 55-13 and 60-06 Modus3 125 Wedge

Odyssey Stroke Lab Ten 

Callaway Chrome Soft Triple Track

All of that is already known... I'm curious if anyone has played either and what they like about it over the other

Played both. Both played so similar it came down to feel. Like the feel off the TP5 better. Truth be told, I could happily play either and not feel like I'm losing out on performance.

Just a bit softer? I was leaning toward the TP5 but play the ProV1X and was thinking maybe the TP5X would be similar

Liked the TP5 better as it was a bit more responsive around the greens.

[b]TM SIM Max 10.5* - GD AD-TP 6X
TM SIM 15* - GD AD-DI 7X
PING G410 19* - GD Tour AD-DI 8X
Honma T//World 747 V - KBS Tour $-Taper 130X
Mizuno T20 52/56/60 - TT TI S400
Byron Morgan DH89[/b]

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/992735-judge440-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

[url="https://www.instagram.com/judge44o/"]https://www.instagram.com/judge44o/[/url]

its all personal choices from golfer to golfer. Easiest thing is to just get a sleeve of each and decide. I personally play the TP5X as it works best for me.

Golf in general is personal. Most everything is based off of feel and personal preference.. Because of how similar these two balls are, I'm curious what has been working for people that have played either of the two.. or if they actually see a difference.

its all personal choices from golfer to golfer. Easiest thing is to just get a sleeve of each and decide. I personally play the TP5X as it works best for me.

Golf in general is personal. Most everything is based off of feel and personal preference.. Because of how similar these two balls are, I'm curious what has been working for people that have played either of the two.. or if they actually see a difference.

The irony in what you just wrote is astounding. Go buy 2 sleeves and test it yourself as you will not listen to others, nor should trust fully others experience in such a 'personal' matter.

• Like 1

I played both, and could game either one if I had to. TP5 felt better and flew better for me, but I liked the stopping power of the x around the greens.

G410 9 Degree - Accra FX 2.0
G410 3, 5 & 9 Woods - Accra FX 2.0
G410 4-5 Hybrids - Accra 80i
G410 6-UW - Accra 80i
Glide 3.0 54WS, 58WS Accra 80i
PING Bruzer
PING Vault 2.0 Craz-E **Backup**
(MY HYBRIDS, IRONS & WEDGES HAVE BEEN STOLEN BY MY SON)

The irony in what you just wrote is astounding. Go buy 2 sleeves and test it yourself as you will not listen to others, nor should trust fully others experience in such a 'personal' matter.

I totally agree. To quote Nike “just do it”.

I've played well (and poorly) with both.

I couldn't put my finger on it until someone else posted it in another thread, but the TP5 feels "heavier" than the TP5X. This is probably the realization of a softer feel in the TP5, and the sense that you might be able to work it better because it can be felt on the face longer.

Outside of this perceived difference in weight and softness, I don't notice too much difference in performance from one to the other.

As much as I thought I would like the TP5X better, I found the TP5 better for my game. The TP5X might be a little longer off the driver for me, but I found the TP5 more controllable if that makes sense. The two perform pretty similarly in the short game for me, just found it a little easier to control the distance with my irons with the TP5.

TaylorMade M5
Titleist 917 F3
Cobra King F6 Baffler
Cobra King Forged CB
Cobra King Tour 50-54-58
Scotty Cameron IBDD
Titleist ProV1

Just a bit softer? I was leaning toward the TP5 but play the ProV1X and was thinking maybe the TP5X would be similar

The feel of the TP5X will resemble the ProV1X more than the TP5 would due to the compression being higher. Same flight characteristics too

I played TP5 all of 2017 after a very short comparison of the two last spring. I chose the TP5 because it felt better around the greens and off the putter, plus I was worried the TP5x wouldn't spin enough on long irons. Fast forward to 2018 and I ended up switching to TP5x after I had a chance to do a more detailed side by side this spring.

I prefer the TP5x because my mid-to-long irons fly higher, carry a bit farther, and are not as affected by the wind compared to TP5. Driver performance is nearly the same, but the TP5x seems to add a touch more ball speed (small enough that it's probably just sample error). It is firmer off the putter (which is fine) and I don't get quite as much spin on touch shots around the greens when compared to TP5, but the difference is minute and not enough to override the other factors that led me to switching to TP5x this year. All in all, switching to TP5x was absolutely the correct decision for me and my play this summer has validated the switch.

It would be great if the next version had all the same performance of the TP5x, but with slightly better green side characteristics. That would be my ideal ball.

TaylorMade SIM 8.0, Diamana Kai'li 60S, 44.75"
TaylorMade M5 Rocket 3, Tensei Blue X, 42.5"
TaylorMade SIM Max Rescue 19, Fujikura Atmos Blue Tour Spec 8X Hybrid
TaylorMade P770 (2020) 3-4, KBS $-Taper S
TaylorMade P7MC 5-6, KBS $-Taper S

TaylorMade P7MB 7-PW, KBS $-Taper S
TaylorMade MG2 52, Hi-Toe 58 - DG S400 Tour Issue
TaylorMade Milled Juno proto, 40.5" armlock
TaylorMade TP5
jll62's WITB

I've played both the last two years. First with the TP5x, the length of that ball was intoxicating. I just hit bombs with it. But I grew more and more frustrated with the lack of spin I was getting under 100 yards, so I switched to the reg TP5. I couldn't be happier. Nearly as long but definitely some more spin and control, and still great in the wind. Plus, it feels great and is incredibly durable.

FWIW, I started last year playing the new ProV1 and really liked it. Hated the new ProV1x, just spun way too much for me. I've tried some other balls in this range and nothing checks all the boxes like the TM balls.

Cobra F9 Atmos Black 7X
Titleist 917 F2 15 Speeder 757X
Titleist 816 H2 19 Diamana S+ 90X
Ben Hogan Ft Worth HI 22 TIX100 AMT SS1X
Ben Hogan FW15 26-46 TIX100 AMT SS1X
TM Hi Toe 50, 54 (55), 58 (60) X100 SS2X
Scotty Cameron

I've played both but prefer the TP5x. Like a harder ball and can hit my wedges on the number and not worry about them checking back more than a foot or two. I'm still a huge fan of the 2016 Tour Preferred X. Wish I had grabbed more before they became hard to find. IMO the 2016 is more durable than the TP5 or TP5x.