Jordan Shoes

This probably means nothing and I have nothing to substantiate this. I have noticed that in the last year of so there have been many Jordan shoes (new) for sale. Members are always curious about the legitimacy of Cameron putters, and other golf equipment, but seem to accept readily the legitimacy of these shoes. High end Nike shoes are one of the highest knock-off items in the world.

I personally would not know how to tell the difference. Just an observation, not calling anyone out.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don’t know anything about these shoes. But in general I can tell you todays golf shoes are the biggest ripoff in anything golf. They are nothing but cheap plastic and rubber. They rarely last more than a season or two(plastic and rubber melt). The “spikes” are nearly meaningless. Most everyone wears tennis shoes anyway. Used to be you could buy a quality leather shoe that would last as long as your dress shoes. All golf shoes were in those days were dress shoes with spikes. They were comfortable and most of all they worked. What they sell today is pure garbage.

I haven’t seen any fakes so far on the secondary market, not to say there aren’t out there especially since any brabdclike this will definitely bring them. One giveaway is usually priced to good to be true. Even though fakes of many brands are getting tougher to tell one would need to dona good comparison of every detail compared to the real ones

If one was selling knockoffs, it would be smart to price them just slightly lower than the real deal. Most Nike, etc, and foreign made; Philippines, China, Maylasia, Korea, Taiwan......

When I was in the military people would often load up on shoes, golf gloves, clubs, blankets, handbags, suit cases, sports wear, etc, and bring back to the states or their base locations. Some were good quality. Through the years knock offs are much harder to detect. I will say that the golf clubs were pure crap, their metallurgy did not hold up.

Today it probably takes an expert to tell the differences. If I were buying shoes from someone I would ask where they got them and want to see their receipt.

Don’t know anything about these shoes. But in general I can tell you todays golf shoes are the biggest ripoff in anything golf. They are nothing but cheap plastic and rubber. They rarely last more than a season or two(plastic and rubber melt). The “spikes” are nearly meaningless. Most everyone wears tennis shoes anyway. Used to be you could buy a quality leather shoe that would last as long as your dress shoes. All golf shoes were in those days were dress shoes with spikes. They were comfortable and most of all they worked. What they sell today is pure garbage.

You can still buy leather golf shoes and the switch from metal spikes wasn't the shoe manufacturers' decision.

Anyway, back to the Jordans. The Jordan brand doesn't sell a high volume of golf shoes. I'd doubt a counterfeiter would bother going through the extra effort to fake Jordan golf shoes when they could just keep faking the basketball shoes, probably with much better margins.

Dress shoes are more comfortable? Out a yer mind.

Last a season? Melting plastic and rubber? Never seen that. Tennis shoes? Never seen anyone who looks like they golf more than a single time a year wearing sneakers. Hahahaha.

Don't know anything about these shoes. But in general I can tell you todays golf shoes are the biggest ripoff in anything golf. They are nothing but cheap plastic and rubber. They rarely last more than a season or two(plastic and rubber melt). The "spikes" are nearly meaningless. Most everyone wears tennis shoes anyway. Used to be you could buy a quality leather shoe that would last as long as your dress shoes. All golf shoes were in those days were dress shoes with spikes. They were comfortable and most of all they worked. What they sell today is pure garbage.

Last a season? Melting plastic and rubber? Never seen that. Tennis shoes? Never seen anyone who looks like they golf more than a single time a year wearing sneakers. Hahahaha.

Agree.

For quality leather shoes look at ECCOs. They last and are very comfortable. I wear them to work.

Don't know anything about these shoes. But in general I can tell you todays golf shoes are the biggest ripoff in anything golf. They are nothing but cheap plastic and rubber. They rarely last more than a season or two(plastic and rubber melt). The "spikes" are nearly meaningless. Most everyone wears tennis shoes anyway. Used to be you could buy a quality leather shoe that would last as long as your dress shoes. All golf shoes were in those days were dress shoes with spikes. They were comfortable and most of all they worked. What they sell today is pure garbage.

Agree.

For quality leather shoes look at ECCOs. They last and are very comfortable. I wear them to work.

That’s right on. This guy just wanted to rant and did no research. Thanks for the voice of reason. OP- go to Ecco’s site and read about their process, materials, and quality control and you might find a good golf shoe. And if you don’t like spikes wearing out, their spikeless get amazing traction and last a long time.

Wilson Fg Tour M3- Black Ops Black Mamba
Adams Tight Lies 3-16
Adams Tight Lies 5-19(Fuji Speeder 7.2)
Wilson FG Tour V4 Utility - 3
Wilson FG Tour M3 4-GW (Dynamic Gold XP)
Vokey SM 09 56
Odyssey Versa 1W WBW 34"

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

How long do you want your shoes to last? Mine only last as long as the next pair I buy, which is about 4 months (I buy at least 3 pairs a year).

The best quote about golf shoes I ever read was "you don't play basketball in dress shoes, why play golf in them?" There's a reason why there's been a shift. It's more comfortable.

Nobody that plays golf 1-2x a week (avid golfers) wears golf shoes for more than a year. Not unless you're a senior citizen and stuck in your old ways. And even then I've seen old guys rocking ecco spikeless (still stodgy, but passable).

[color=#ffa500][size=2]Titleist TS2 10.5* [/size][/color]
[color=#ffa500][size=2]No 3 wood currently[/size][/color]
[color=#ffa500][size=2]Ping G10 21* 7 wood[/size][/color]
[color=#ffa500][size=2]Cobra Baffler XL 5H [/size][/color]
[color=#ffa500][size=2]Ping i e1 irons 6-PW[/size][/color]
[color=#ffa500][size=2]Titleist Vokey SM6 Raw 54.14F 58.12K DG S200[/size][/color]
[color=#ffa500][size=2]Scotty Cameron Futura 6M[/size][/color]
[color=#ffa500][size=2]Seamus Snowtrooper Fescue Sunday Bag[/size][/color]