2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Reed Unhappy with Jordan and Jim in Interview

Holy Moses

I don't put lying past Reed but prior to the trip many seemed pretty certain that Tiger was going to team up with Bryson, given how much he was pushing for him to be on the team. What makes more sense is they discussed alternative pairings at which point Reed and / or Tiger agreed they could partner up.

Tensions between Reed and Spieth were high prior to the Ryder Cup so Reed signing his neck may have been the catalyst for the pairings change. I can see Spieth saying look, I'm not getting paid for this, I'm not playing golf with Reed for 4 days, team me up with JT.

Given the teams performance 2 years ago, it didn't make sense to break up the winning teams from a strategic standpoint (stick with what you know works). Love's remarks make it seem possible they hinted at the pairings being changed but weren't definitive until close to the last minute, which would explain why Reed was so fired up in the interview at the end of RC when Spieth answered the question about pairings.

Then you didn't listen to Furyk's pretty direct comments on what happened. There wasn't any "hinting" and Reed playing with Tiger was discussed with Reed well in advance.

No point trying to come up with explanations - he played bad, acted out and lied.

Don't forget the part where his wife and MIL were trashing his teammates and captains online, lol. That's the gravy right there man.

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as Reed qualifies automatically for Ryder Cup, the US is going to lose....no one would want to be teammates with that guy

OR just plays him on Fourballs only, no Foursomes, so he can't say crap if he plays bad, he plays bad.

TM M3 9.5*
Cobra King Ltd 15*
Callaway XR 18* 

Cobra Fly Z+ 4-P

Bridgestone J15 50*

Callaway MD2 56/60*

TM Spider X Navy Blue
Srixon Z Star

So in summary:

Lardy cheat plays well in 2 Ryder Cups with YJS. Then Lardy cheat slags off YJS and is somehow surprised that YJS says that he'd rather play with his best mate, rather than a lardy cheat.

Lardy cheat then plays like s*** for 3 days and embarrasses himself by insulting YJS, his captain, and everyone but himself, when he, being a a lardy cheat, was in fact was the cause of the problem.

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z565 Speeder 569 Evo IV SR[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]TaylorMade RBZ 3 wood, [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Matrix Ozik R[/size][/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Srixon U65 2 iron, Miyazaki S[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F6 Hybrid 22 degrees RedTie S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z945 5-pw w/ DG s200[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Miura Y 51 and K 56 DG Spinner, Yururi Raw 61 KBS [/size][/font][/color][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]HiRev[/size][/color][/font]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Odyssey O-Works Black 34"[/size][/color][/font]

So in summary:

Lardy cheat plays well in 2 Ryder Cups with YJS. Then Lardy cheat slags off YJS and is somehow surprised that YJS says that he'd rather play with his best mate, rather than a lardy cheat.

Lardy cheat then plays like s*** for 3 days and embarrasses himself by insulting YJS, his captain, and everyone but himself, when he, being a a lardy cheat, was in fact was the cause of the problem.

Almost. No need to bring Reed's weight into the equation though.

Reed's lucky he earns a healthy pay check playing an individual sport. Boy hasn't fit in on a team in his adult life. Just doesn't get that people don't like him. He's a loose cannon. Maybe modify your behavior? Don't cheat, don't lie, don't steal?

Reed suffers from a chronic inability to accept responsibility for his own actions, and sadly until that negatively affects his ability to make a living he has absolutely zero reason to change. He's convinced the world is the problem, not him.

Hits in bad? - partner's fault, or in this case, didn't get the partner he was "supposed" to get.

Hits it in the junk? - gets a bad ruling because he's not as "popular" as some other players.

People revealing truths about his past? - jealous because they lost or aren't as successful.

He's driven off anyone who tried to teach him - for his own good - some sense of personal accountability, and is currently surrounded by a support system of enablers, which isn't gonna change any time soon.

can't stand the guy - at the northern trust i overheard someone yell after he teed off "ANYONE BUT REED" ...lol had a laugh.

PING G430 LST / 9* (dialed to 10.5*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Dark Speed LS / 3w (dialed to 15.5*) / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Chronically unhappy. Everyone else's fault. Maybe he'll grow up one day.

I doubt it, I'm guessing a lot of his unhappiness is spoon fed to him by his wife and MIL, they are the puppet masters and he is their meal ticket. Every situation is different but it's a red flag when a guy alienates himself and his kid from his own family. Even if it's justified, it has to be difficult to overall be a happy person when all the people you grew up with are no longer a part of your life.

Reed had a big chip on his shoulder when he started playing college golf and it's only gotten bigger, not sure how much of that is him and how much is from his wife and MiL. He will need to change if he wants to see those big endorsement deals others have.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

Tiger being as tired as he was, he should have sat but nobody had the stones to tell him that. Phil should have sat until sunday but nobody had the stones to tell him that. Hell someone should have sat Phil down and told him to take himself out of the running altogether. But no, he is Phil and he can kick his leg over your head.

This is why they picked Waston, because the team had too many cooks in the kitchen and too many egos and someone needed to keep them in line. That didn't work either.

And now you have "oh sorry i should have told him, no it was my fault" what a joke.

And now you're gonna put Steve Stricker in as captain? He is an extremely quiet passive guy. And why because he is from the state where they are playing? What the hell does that have to do with anything.

THAT is why we keep losing.

Tiger being as tired as he was, he should have sat but nobody had the stones to tell him that. Phil should have sat until sunday but nobody had the stones to tell him that. Hell someone should have sat Phil down and told him to take himself out of the running altogether. But no, he is Phil and he can kick his leg over your head.

This is why they picked Waston, because the team had too many cooks in the kitchen and too many egos and someone needed to keep them in line. That didn't work either.

And now you have "oh sorry i should have told him, no it was my fault" what a joke.

And now you're gonna put Steve Stricker in as captain? He is an extremely quiet passive guy. And why because he is from the state where they are playing? What the hell does that have to do with anything.

THAT is why we keep losing.

I think Tiger's attitude is like that of a starting pitcher. He sure wasn't going to ask to sit, and if anyone looked him in the eye and asked him if he felt good or felt like playing he'd surely say yes. But sometimes a pitcher doesn't have his stuff and the manager has to take the ball from him.

Paradym TD 10.5/Tensei Blue 65R

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Callaway Rogue Max D 3 wood

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon ZX5 / ZX7 on MMT 125S

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11S

Collings OM1-ESS

Chronically unhappy. Everyone else's fault. Maybe he'll grow up one day.

I doubt it, I'm guessing a lot of his unhappiness is spoon fed to him by his wife and MIL, they are the puppet masters and he is their meal ticket. Every situation is different but it's a red flag when a guy alienates himself and his kid from his own family. Even if it's justified, it has to be difficult to overall be a happy person when all the people you grew up with are no longer a part of your life.

Reed had a big chip on his shoulder when he started playing college golf and it's only gotten bigger, not sure how much of that is him and how much is from his wife and MiL. He will need to change if he wants to see those big endorsement deals others have.

Reed had issues way before he met them. His own family likely had a bigger effect. Or Reed’s issues are his own doing.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (DI-95X, PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 50*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

As long as Reed qualifies automatically for Ryder Cup, the US is going to lose....no one would want to be teammates with that guy

OR just plays him on Fourballs only, no Foursomes, so he can't say crap if he plays bad, he plays bad.

I would have paired him with Bubba.

With the form Webb had shown (T4 at Tour Championship) and demonstrated in the RC he probably could have fetched another point or two had he not had to endure Bubba's horrific play. Bubba always plays terrible in RC - something they're "analytics" should have told them. Plus he was sick. Why dump him on Webb? Plus I read somewhere that Bubba and Reed get along.

Not saying that Bubba will qualify for another team - but he might. Could win Augusta any given year.

I would have paired him with Bubba.

With the form Webb had shown (T4 at Tour Championship) and demonstrated in the RC he probably could have fetched another point or two had he not had to endure Bubba's horrific play. Bubba always plays terrible in RC - something they're "analytics" should have told them. Plus he was sick. Why dump him on Webb? Plus I read somewhere that Bubba and Reed get along.

Not saying that Bubba will qualify for another team - but he might. Could win Augusta any given year.

I don't fault Furyk & Co. for keeping the God Squad intact - sometimes you can use the hot player to bring a guy who's struggling a bit out of his funk. Webb & Bubba have a natural friendship so this wasn't necessarily a bad pairing IMO.

Meh once I saw Jim's old lady in the team photos I knew all those guys were screwed. She was probably running that entire operation. Say what you want about Reed but he knows how to win and that's what it takes.

Wins dumbest post in thread. Good job.

At Celtic Manor in 2010, Corey Pavin’s wife was almost more in charge than he was. It had a pretty bad effect on the team. The US lost by 1/2 point and Lisa was in charge of the rain suit fiasco. I don’t think Tabitha did that in France, but there is precedent.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (DI-95X, PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 50*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

It's like you guys are trying to figure out where the blame lies and who was being an insecure sheltered little baby. I guess I've got old news for you - they're ALL insecure little babies. Well, maybe not all but damn sure the most of them. We're talking country club southern good old boys that probably didn't wipe their own butts until they were of the ripe old age of 11. Not trying to sound like that jealous guy (of course I am, these dudes live the life), but just trying to be real when you take a step back and think. Trying to apply rational everyday thought to the weird social climate of elite golf just aint gonna get you anywhere. These dudes are weird for any normal person that tries to understand them.

Meh once I saw Jim's old lady in the team photos I knew all those guys were screwed. She was probably running that entire operation. Say what you want about Reed but he knows how to win and that's what it takes.

that

What I love about that post is it places the blame on Furyk for letting his wife run the show on--what?--the basis of one picture? Because Jim's bald as a cue ball and married a conventionally attractive lady? Never mind that there's years of evidence that it's Justine (and her mother! lol) who wear the pants in the Reed household.

It's like you guys are trying to figure out where the blame lies and who was being an insecure sheltered little baby. I guess I've got old news for you - they're ALL insecure little babies. Well, maybe not all but damn sure the most of them. We're talking country club southern good old boys that probably didn't wipe their own butts until they were of the ripe old age of 11. Not trying to sound like that jealous guy (of course I am, these dudes live the life), but just trying to be real when you take a step back and think. Trying to apply rational everyday thought to the weird social climate of elite golf just aint gonna get you anywhere. These dudes are weird for any normal person that tries to understand them.

We have a new contender. Quite strong.

Callaway Rogue 10.5
Callaway 3Deep w/PX 6.0
Ping i20 2 Hy & Idea Pro 4 Hy
Ping i25 5-UW
Scotty Cameron Notchback
Ping Tour Gorge 54 & Vokey SM8 58

Reed's lucky he earns a healthy pay check playing an individual sport. Boy hasn't fit in on a team in his adult life. Just doesn't get that people don't like him. He's a loose cannon. Maybe modify your behavior? Don't cheat, don't lie, don't steal?

I lived in Georgia for some time and I hangout at Augusta often with one of my best friends who lives there. The easiest way to put it is as follows, Reed in those parts is the one who shall not be named, lol.....

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Titleist SM8 Black Wedges 48-54-58

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)
“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

• 4 weeks later...

So during a Hero Pro-Am interview a New York Post reporter asked Reed if he's spoken to Jordan since the Ryder Cup, and he took the bait. Said he hadn't, but Jordan has my number, then went on to bellyache about how he was treated different than Phil after the 2016 press incident. "He did it and got praised. I did it and got destroyed. It all depends on who the person is, obviously."

And the wheels on the bus..

So during a Hero Pro-Am interview a New York Post reporter asked Reed if he's spoken to Jordan since the Ryder Cup, and he took the bait. Said he hadn't, but Jordan has my number, then went on to bellyache about how he was treated different than Phil after the 2016 press incident. "He did it and got praised. I did it and got destroyed. It all depends on who the person is, obviously."

And the wheels on the bus..

Yeah it depends on whether the person is a complete clown or not. Phil has some of those tendencies but underneath it all seems like a decent guy...not sure there are many saying that about Patrick apart from his wife and mother in law.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

FYI. “ southern good old boy “ goes in the Pros column.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock