2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Reed Unhappy with Jordan and Jim in Interview

Holy Moses

Its no wonder we had our asses handed to us .....

These pansies were slap fighting behind the scenes all week apparently..... Jim should have told Jordan to get over it .. Jordan should have slapped the s*** out of Patrick in private , told him if he ever tried to piss on his leg again hed shank him ( refering to the signature on the neck incident ) , and Patrick should have for once owned being a dick and made amends.. They go out and play , and as long as theres no relapse of Reed and his idiotic behavior then they are likely friends for life. Instead one whines, one enables the whining , and then captain Bull-s*** now has his wife crying fowl...and him dropping dimes on team mates left and right . Who the hell could think of playing golf with all those lady problems in the way ?

I like Jordan and Reed.... But this crap is beneath people of their status.. Hell its beneath my status . and thats pretty low. Stupid .. BUT i saw it coming.. i knew that look Jordan gave Patrick when he signed his neck.. It was a look of " im done with you " .. Sooo many wrongs happening in this story .. Just irritating to no end they let it ruin the teams chances . This dominoed into several other pairings .

Wow! I'm outta the loop on some of this stuff. Quick google and I see the neck signing - that's um, different.

Agreed it would be nice for them to be adults. Reed admits he was stupid and apologize, Spieth admit he's being overly stroppy - tell media when asked, hey we sorted it out, go play golf.

So will it be the country club boys and the socially awkwards for the next 10+ years sitting in different sides of the clubhouse? Eesh

Edit: Ah ya, Reed's wife getting involved makes it look so much more icky.

yep ... Reed could have fixed it easy im sure.. Instead he thinks ' its no big deal" and in a way it isnt ..BUT Reeds the type that will ride you if you let him ..So i see why Jordan would want to wash his hands of him ... One should confront the other in person , cry , cuss, scream it out ( whatever works) and be done with it .

I saw the neck signing as a assertion of Dominance move ..either on purpose or subconsciously by Reed.. . To use a modern term , it was Bullying ..

I dont know ..Just alot of stupid going on .. And im sorry i wasted my time watching now that i know about it .

Wow, I had to google the neck signing too. So odd. Yeah, maybe bullying but, in a sad way, almost like Reed wants to be buddies with Jordan since I'm guessing he doesn't have too many on tour.

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the course and the way it was set up were factors in making the US team uncomfortable. The last thing the team needed was more discomfort. I agree with the decision to send the various sets of buddies out together. They just played like crap.

This thing was decided on Friday, basically.

For some reason, Reed feels compelled to make himself the center of the story after the fact. Another poor decision from a guy who makes a lot of them.

Paradym TD 10.5/Tensei Blue 65R

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Callaway Rogue Max D 3 wood

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon ZX5 / ZX7 on MMT 125S

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11S

Collings OM1-ESS

I'm not familiar with the nuances of competitive team golf with these formats.

From an X's and O's standpoint, what would be so magical about Reed teaming with Spieth? On the surface, it doesn't seem like their strengths and weaknesses would be that great of a complement to each other. Could it be that they were a successful pairing in past just because they happened to be playing well individually at the time?

What does Reed mean when he says "we know how to make each other better"?

Maybe I'm missing something, but I think its more likely that Reed just happened to play well previously and happened to play poorly this year. Or that the Euro's just played better. Those seem like more probably explanations than missing out on some kind of mind meld synergy with Spieth.

These pansies were slap fighting behind the scenes all week apparently..... Jim should have told Jordan to get over it .. Jordan should have slapped the s*** out of Patrick in private , told him if he ever tried to piss on his leg again hed shank him ( refering to the signature on the neck incident ) , and Patrick should have for once owned being a dick and made amends.. They go out and play , and as long as theres no relapse of Reed and his idiotic behavior then they are likely friends for life. Instead one whines, one enables the whining , and then captain Bull-s*** now has his wife crying fowl...and him dropping dimes on team mates left and right . Who the hell could think of playing golf with all those lady problems in the way ?

I like Jordan and Reed.... But this crap is beneath people of their status.. Hell its beneath my status . and thats pretty low. Stupid .. BUT i saw it coming.. i knew that look Jordan gave Patrick when he signed his neck.. It was a look of " im done with you " .. Sooo many wrongs happening in this story .. Just irritating to no end they let it ruin the teams chances . This dominoed into several other pairings .

Wow! I'm outta the loop on some of this stuff. Quick google and I see the neck signing - that's um, different.

Agreed it would be nice for them to be adults. Reed admits he was stupid and apologize, Spieth admit he's being overly stroppy - tell media when asked, hey we sorted it out, go play golf.

So will it be the country club boys and the socially awkwards for the next 10+ years sitting in different sides of the clubhouse? Eesh

yep ... Reed could have fixed it easy im sure.. Instead he thinks ' its no big deal" and in a way it isnt ..BUT Reeds the type that will ride you if you let him ..So i see why Jordan would want to wash his hands of him ... One should confront the other in person , cry , cuss, scream it out ( whatever works) and be done with it .

I saw the neck signing as a assertion of Dominance move ..either on purpose or subconsciously by Reed.. . To use a modern term , it was Bullying ..

I dont know ..Just alot of stupid going on .. And im sorry i wasted my time watching now that i know about it .

Wow, I had to google the neck signing too. So odd. Yeah, maybe bullying but, in a sad way, almost like Reed wants to be buddies with Jordan since I'm guessing he doesn't have too many on tour.

yep.. I suspect deep down that may be the motivation ..But its the wrong way ... Im the type to empathize with others , sometimes too much , which is why i give Reed a pass at times. But in that case he was just flat wrong. But in my opinion it was also wrong for Jordan to not address it in private immediately after. That way everyone knows where they stand and theres no "blind side "excuse. Two wrongs havent made it right here. Im not sure i buy the blind side excuse..BUT its ammo Jordan gave him , and shouldnt have

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Captain D Bag strikes again. Not that I love Jordan and his constant whining. But Reed should shut up and same for his wife.

Callaway Rouge 9* Aldila Rogue Silver 44.5"
Tour Edge Exotics E8 Beta 15* Aldila Rogue Silver
PING G410 Crossover 2i Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue 80
PING i230 4-U Recoil F4 Smac Wrap
Vokey SM7 Black 54f - 58k
Scotty Cameron Futura X7M 33"

This whole thing is childish and petty. But I agree with an earlier poster, let's at least lose with class. No amount of Monday morning quarterbacking will gloss over the fact that very few US players played well. Maybe some were sick, who knows. Now did Jim F. make some strange pairings for Friday afternoon, absolutely. But I don't care who was paired with who, we were getting our butts kicked across the board, and no changing of pairings was going to change that.

Anyway, congrats to the Euros, they played well. See you in two years,....

I'm not familiar with the nuances of competitive team golf with these formats.

From an X's and O's standpoint, what would be so magical about Reed teaming with Spieth? On the surface, it doesn't seem like their strengths and weaknesses would be that great of a complement to each other. Could it be that they were a successful pairing in past just because they happened to be playing well individually at the time?

What does Reed mean when he says "we know how to make each other better"?

Maybe I'm missing something, but I think its more likely that Reed just happened to play well previously and happened to play poorly this year. Or that the Euro's just played better. Those seem like more probably explanations than missing out on some kind of mind meld synergy with Spieth.

Nothing. Pairings are like mutual funds: past performance is not indicative of future success and all that

Captain D Bag strikes again. Not that I love Jordan and his constant whining. But Reed should shut up and same for his wife.

Lmao

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

I can’t help but think about Reed’s past when looking at this. He’s never been a team player. He stays in his little cocoon with his wife’s family because no one else can stand him (or her apparently). He’s obviously jealous of the attention Spieth gets and vents about it every chance he gets. All that said, Jordan seems to be a bit thin skinned. The captain has a tough job making pairings having to balance egos, friendships, and playing form. Jordan probably should have sucked it up and played with who he was assigned. Reed is in serious need of a look in the mirror to ask “why does everyone hate me?”

Man, as someone who has always tried to defend Reed, this is a tough one. It's clear that he lacks social skills and does not have a filter. It's difficult to defend his behavior, especially since he doesn't seem to be learning from his mistakes. I spent 30+ years in a team locker room, including 10 as a professional hockey player, and have seen Reed-like personalities many times. Unfortunately, on an actual team, when you have someone like Reed, they would usually get put into their place and forced to buck up by the captain or older veteran players, or would be shipped off/traded/waived. You conform to the team and what the team is doing or if you are a CANCER, as we called it, you were gone faster than your head could spin. Golf, being such an individual sport, with the exception of events like the PC and RC, simply don't have the mechanism in place. If you are a D-Bag/Cancer, you are just an outcast on tour, which clearly Reed is. No one seems to like him. If he was playing a team sport, he wouldn't be on the team or he would be doing the team thing and conforming. Maybe he mistook his relationship with Spieth as a friendship...who knows; obviously none of us are privy to the details of what that looks like. But I would imagine if any of you, myself included, merely tolerated someone in a social setting, and then heard of them making disparaging comments about carrying me in a competition (whether you did carry him or not, you don't publicly say that), or insinuating preferential treatment during a ruling on tour, and then ice the cake by signing my neck/back, I would shut that person out and be done with them. Who does that? I can't imagine signing Jordan's neck as anything BUT a form of showing the guy up/bullying UNLESS they were tight buddies, and it was a prank, which clearly isn't the case with their relationship, and by Jordan's reaction to him while he did it; he just stood there. Imagine if JT, Rickie, DJ etc has done that? Jordan would have laughed etc etc. Just my two cents as someone that has seen this stuff inside a locker room daily for 30yrs of my life. There's always some bad apples. Whether those guys stick around the team could always be controlled by management, but no so much in this setting/competition. Remember the Fenway fiasco? I think guys don't like him and don't want to be around him, unfortunately.

The only sure way to remove any cancer would be to eliminate automatic qualifying and let the next captain pick all 12 players.

The picks didn't fair too well though. I saw someone suggest a Captain's Veto on any automatic(s), imagine the controversy!

[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

yep.. I suspect deep down that may be the motivation ..But its the wrong way ... Im the type to empathize with others , sometimes too much , which is why i give Reed a pass at times. But in that case he was just flat wrong. But in my opinion it was also wrong for Jordan to not address it in private immediately after. That way everyone knows where they stand and theres no "blind side "excuse. Two wrongs havent made it right here. Im not sure i buy the blind side excuse..BUT its ammo Jordan gave him , and shouldnt have

Do we know if the bold part above is factual or speculation?

If you asked me last year, I would've said the US team has a promising young core that was going to dominate Ryder Cup for the next decade+. This, despite the fact that it was already known that Reed rubs everyone the wrong way.

In public US team states, even post-Ryder Cup loss, we're one unit, we play for each other. But that facade gets broken the minute Reed's opossum of a wife goes on twitter, and later, Reed himself, with the interview. All of this, coming from a guy who didn't break 80 in either 4ball session.

As Europe has proven, team chemistry goes a long way. Talent wise, US has nothing to worry about. But team chemistry wise, they have a big problem. Reed has been this way, and doubtful he'll change. Good luck to the next captain, as it's very likely Reed will continue to qualify based on points.

I don't get all the hate for Spieth on this one. We don't know how that conversation went about playing with Reed. Could have been as simple as "who do you want to play with?" and he answered JT. Pairing worked and they went 3-1. Will be a solid team for years to come.

Reed (f/k/a Capital America) should be able to win with anyone given how good he thinks he is. His play was just plain horrible in the team formats. Just suck it up and say "I played poorly and that's why I lost and didn't play 5 matches", but we all know his ego is too big for that. I don't put any blame on Furyk for not having the Spieth/Reed pairing. I thought both the new pairing were solid. Reed and Tiger just didn't play well and got beat. Simple as that.

Yep, a lot of people on here who think they know for sure how that conversation went. And, for that matter, a lot of people on here who think they know for sure that a conversation even took place. When the truth is that both of things are nothing more than speculation.

I can’t help but think about Reed’s past when looking at this. He’s never been a team player. He stays in his little cocoon with his wife’s family because no one else can stand him (or her apparently). He’s obviously jealous of the attention Spieth gets and vents about it every chance he gets. All that said, Jordan seems to be a bit thin skinned. The captain has a tough job making pairings having to balance egos, friendships, and playing form. Jordan probably should have sucked it up and played with who he was assigned. Reed is in serious need of a look in the mirror to ask “why does everyone hate me?”

Was Jordan assigned Reed and then complained? Sounds like Furyk asked everyone what they wanted and did his best to accommodate. That's what new-age, Task Force Approved captains do.

Spieth said I want to play with JT

Thomas said I want to play with JS

Reed said Spieth, then Tiger

Tiger said I don't care

Phil said I want to play foursomes

Rickie said I like everyone and everyone likes me

Finau said I'm just happy to be here

Bubba complained about how there aren't any waffle houses in France

Simpson said something about God

DJ said "duh"

Koepka flexed and didn't say anything

Dechambeau recited pi to the 100th decimal place

I don't get all the hate for Spieth on this one. We don't know how that conversation went about playing with Reed. Could have been as simple as "who do you want to play with?" and he answered JT. Pairing worked and they went 3-1. Will be a solid team for years to come.

Reed (f/k/a Capital America) should be able to win with anyone given how good he thinks he is. His play was just plain horrible in the team formats. Just suck it up and say "I played poorly and that's why I lost and didn't play 5 matches", but we all know his ego is too big for that. I don't put any blame on Furyk for not having the Spieth/Reed pairing. I thought both the new pairing were solid. Reed and Tiger just didn't play well and got beat. Simple as that.

Yep, a lot of people on here who think they know for sure how that conversation went. And, for that matter, a lot of people on here who think they know for sure that a conversation even took place. When the truth is that both of things are nothing more than speculation.

However there are many things we do know for sure that came directly from the horses mouth via Twitter and the NYT and other credible news sources as we've gotten to know this man over the past few years.

Was Jordan assigned Reed and then complained? Sounds like Furyk asked everyone what they wanted and did his best to accommodate. That's what new-age, Task Force Approved captains do.

Spieth said I want to play with JT

Thomas said I want to play with JS

Reed said Spieth, then Tiger

Tiger said I don't care

Phil said I want to play foursomes

Rickie said I like everyone and everyone likes me

Finau said I'm just happy to be here

Bubba complained about how there aren't any waffle houses in France

Simpson said something about God

DJ said "duh"

Koepka flexed and didn't say anything

Dechambeau recited pi to the 100th decimal place

I accept your version of things as factual. Especially with respect to Bubba. I have no idea how the whole thing went down.

There more I think about it the more farcical Reed (and his wife) speaking out in the way that they have done becomes. That said, they both seem well suited to one another because they both have a massive chip on their shoulder.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

However there are many things we do know for sure that came directly from the horses mouth via Twitter and the NYT and other credible news sources as we've gotten to know this man over the past few years.

Which man are you referring to?

Which man are you referring to?

Reed

The idea that the captain would be asking guys who they want to play with and not considering past success is ridiculous. If you're Furyk, the one "sure thing" you had coming into this Ryder Cup was a Spieth/Reed combo. By splitting them up, he got lucky that JT/Spieth replicated their success, but then it left Reed looking for a partner. So the question he should have been asking is, am I more likely to find someone that pairs well with JT or with Reed. I think that's obvious, knowing Reed was notoriously hard to pair with.

The idea that the captain would be asking guys who they want to play with and not considering past success is ridiculous. If you're Furyk, the one "sure thing" you had coming into this Ryder Cup was a Spieth/Reed combo. By splitting them up, he got lucky that JT/Spieth replicated their success, but then it left Reed looking for a partner. So the question he should have been asking is, am I more likely to find someone that pairs well with JT or with Reed. I think that's obvious, knowing Reed was notoriously hard to pair with.

I’m not sure that’s true. Speith and Reed were both showing poor form coming into this Ryder Cup. I wouldn’t consider that pairing a sure thing.

As Europe has proven, team chemistry goes a long way. Talent wise, US has nothing to worry about. But team chemistry wise, they have a big problem. Reed has been this way, and doubtful he'll change. Good luck to the next captain, as it's very likely Reed will continue to qualify based on points.

Yep, good luck to the next captain for sure. They will have a hard time finding a partner for him. I suspect most of the Americans would take Jordan's side in this situation. I suppose you could put Reed on the bench for all of the team sessions and only send him out there for singles, lol

Do we know if the bold part above is factual or speculation?

Maybe he should have addressed it in private, and then tweeted about it. So golfwrx would know.

Why is this a sure thing? Honest question.

The record has been good in the past, but’s it’s a sample size of what maybe 6?

In watching the prior wins, did it seem like there was a special chemistry or synergy or something you don’t usually see with great golfers playing well?

King, I get you're overreaching in putting 'sure thing' in quotes, but don't forget neither Spieth nor Reed had been playing especially well headed into the RC. As captain, you'll want to make decisions based on who has the hot hand coming into the tournament. JT/Spieth worked out well. I don't see a problem in asking the players who they'd prefer to play with; doesn't mean that's who they'll end up teaming with though. Reed should know this too.

If we're basing our "sure things" on previous Ryder Cup performance, wouldn't we be pretty much convinced that Francesco Molinari was going to play like crap based on his career RC record of 0-4-2?