New PXG prototype driver

GolfWRX_Spotted

Well I got my hands on the XF and X driver today. I can say that they sound and look awesome. Muted but gives you feedback when you hit one on the screws. Numbers were better with the X than the XF. I was spinning up in the 3500’s with the XF and was below 2500 with the X. My only issue was launch was way down so I ended up using the 12 degree. Interestingly it wasn’t longer than my M3, although was more accurate. The PXG guy pointed out that the stock PXG shaft is 45” where the M3 plays at 45.5. Anyway, price point wasn’t terrible for PXG (575). Want to try the M5 before I pull the trigger.

Anyone know when this can be ordered? Didn't see that in the articles, just the release date. Looks great!!!

Ordered Driver, 3W and Hybrid yesterday, already in process.

If I missed it I apologize but there hasn’t been any mention of Fairway and Hybrid prices, have those come down as well.

Since you ordered what were the prices?

Anyone know when this can be ordered? Didn't see that in the articles, just the release date. Looks great!!!

If I missed it I apologize but there hasn’t been any mention of Fairway and Hybrid prices, have those come down as well.

I think in the main article the price and launch dates are mentioned.

The new GEN2 driver is priced at $575, almost 33 percent less than the $850 price tag for PXG's original drivers. The new price for the new fairway woods is $425 apiece, down from $650, while the GEN2 hybrids are listed at $375, compared to $550 for the earlier versions.

Was able to hit both PXG models today in some driver testing for a local company, hit those along with the Cobra F9 and then the Tommy Armor and a Srixon driver. Have been excited to try the PXG since they were unveiled, personally I think it’s a great looking driver, never hit the previous models so can’t compare.

Was hitting the PXG 0811X model with a Tensei Pro White 60x in both models as this was one the shafts sent for testing and the closet fit to what I use. Cobra was with the Hzrdus Smoke 6.5 60g, heavy weight forward. Really loved the feel off both drivers and the looks of both though PXG wins in the looks department.

Both were giving pretty similar numbers, within .5 degree of each other in launch and spin was within a couple 100rpms of each(can’t remember exact) but between 2400-2500. Carry was within 2yds of each with the Cobra winning that 271-269, total distance went to the Cobra at 289 to the PXG at 281. Ball speed went to the Cobra as well but they were within 1mph of each 155/156 with an avg ss of 108-109. Cobra also won in dispersion.

I would love to hit the PXG some more with a little heavier shaft and more ideal weight set up, see what the numbers and dispersion would look like, but it’s a great looking driver and still in contention to go into the bag but for now the Cobra just edged it out.

Will be doing more testing in the coming weeks, as I’m supposed to be hitting 24 total drivers, basically everything new coming out.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Ventus Blue TR 6X

3 Wood: AI Smoke Triple Diamond w/ Ventus Black 7X

5 Wood: Titleist TSi2 18* w/Aldila Rogue White 130 80 TX

Irons: Titleist T-200 3 iron w/Ventus Black 9TX

Titleist T-150 4-6 w/Project X 6.5

Titleist T-100S 7-PW w/Project X 6.5

Wedges: SM9 Raw 52F & SM9 58T grind w/Project X 6.0

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5

Never far away: Custom Slighter Tacoma

Was able to hit both PXG models today in some driver testing for a local company, hit those along with the Cobra F9 and then the Tommy Armor and a Srixon driver. Have been excited to try the PXG since they were unveiled, personally I think it’s a great looking driver, never hit the previous models so can’t compare.

Was hitting the PXG 0811X model with a Tensei Pro White 60x in both models as this was one the shafts sent for testing and the closet fit to what I use. Cobra was with the Hzrdus Smoke 6.5 60g, heavy weight forward. Really loved the feel off both drivers and the looks of both though PXG wins in the looks department.

Both were giving pretty similar numbers, within .5 degree of each other in launch and spin was within a couple 100rpms of each(can’t remember exact) but between 2400-2500. Carry was within 2yds of each with the Cobra winning that 271-269, total distance went to the Cobra at 289 to the PXG at 281. Ball speed went to the Cobra as well but they were within 1mph of each 155/156 with an avg ss of 108-109. Cobra also won in dispersion.

I would love to hit the PXG some more with a little heavier shaft and more ideal weight set up, see what the numbers and dispersion would look like, but it’s a great looking driver and still in contention to go into the bag but for now the Cobra just edged it out.

Will be doing more testing in the coming weeks, as I’m supposed to be hitting 24 total drivers, basically everything new coming out.

Thanks for the review... Have you hit the TS3 yet to compare to 0811X and whats your swing speed if I may ask?

Thanks again

Callaway Tour Issue Paradym TD-S 8.5 (7.9) - Fujikura Ventus Black TR 5X

TaylorMade TOUR Stealth 2 15 - Fujikura Ventus Red TR 7X
PXG 0317X Gen 5 19  (Actual 17.5) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 8X
PXG 0311X Gen 5 -  Fujikura Ventus Blue 9X

PXG 0317T - 4 - LAGP L-Series (5) X
Miura KM-700  5-PW - LAGP L-Series (5) X
PXG Milled "Sugar Daddy 2 " 50,54,60 - DG TI S400
Scotty Cameron Holiday LTD (23}/ LAGP 135 (White)

Thanks for the review... Have you hit the TS3 yet to compare to 0811X and whats your swing speed if I may ask?

Thanks again

I hit the TS2 and TS3 last fall during a demo day when they came out and had use of a track man, I don’t remember the exact numbers but as is usually the case with me and Titleist drivers, they were lagging behind. I want to say they were in the mid to low 270’s total distance wise, and those were also with the Hzrdus Smoke shafts. I have always had spin issues with Titleist drivers. My SS right now avgs between 108-110. Have lost a few mph’s in the last year or two.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Ventus Blue TR 6X

3 Wood: AI Smoke Triple Diamond w/ Ventus Black 7X

5 Wood: Titleist TSi2 18* w/Aldila Rogue White 130 80 TX

Irons: Titleist T-200 3 iron w/Ventus Black 9TX

Titleist T-150 4-6 w/Project X 6.5

Titleist T-100S 7-PW w/Project X 6.5

Wedges: SM9 Raw 52F & SM9 58T grind w/Project X 6.0

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5

Never far away: Custom Slighter Tacoma

Thanks again

I hit the TS2 and TS3 last fall during a demo day when they came out and had use of a track man, I don’t remember the exact numbers but as is usually the case with me and Titleist drivers, they were lagging behind. I want to say they were in the mid to low 270’s total distance wise, and those were also with the Hzrdus Smoke shafts. I have always had spin issues with Titleist drivers. My SS right now avgs between 108-110. Have lost a few mph’s in the last year or two.

Thank you appreciate the feedback.

Callaway Tour Issue Paradym TD-S 8.5 (7.9) - Fujikura Ventus Black TR 5X

TaylorMade TOUR Stealth 2 15 - Fujikura Ventus Red TR 7X
PXG 0317X Gen 5 19  (Actual 17.5) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 8X
PXG 0311X Gen 5 -  Fujikura Ventus Blue 9X

PXG 0317T - 4 - LAGP L-Series (5) X
Miura KM-700  5-PW - LAGP L-Series (5) X
PXG Milled "Sugar Daddy 2 " 50,54,60 - DG TI S400
Scotty Cameron Holiday LTD (23}/ LAGP 135 (White)

UK prices are £550 for the driver, or head only for £429. Fairways are £450.

Am ordering head only, as the no upcharge shaft options are a bit underwhelming.

PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

10 more sleeps till my fitting....

Just curious, how do I find a component dealer?

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

If I could get the heads only and do my own work....are all dealers head only or only certain dealers?

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

Hmmmm....Club Champion carries PXG? If that's the case, I was thinking of getting fitted there, since they are doing a 33% discount on fittings. I have a King LTD Pro head I wanted to get fit into, but perhaps I can ask to hit the PXG head as well. It's a good argument because both Driver CGs are below the neutral axis :)

Driver: Cobra LTD Pro 7.5o - Kuro Kage DC XT 70 TX - Tipped 1"

UDI: 2019 TaylorMade P790 2i

Irons: 3-PW: Srixon z745 with Modus 130x

Wedges: 52o/56o/60o - Cleveland RTX4s

Putter: Ping Kushin 4

I may not be correct in that there are component only dealers...

It couldn't hurt, But I did like the ltd pro, it just bothered me because I played it low loft and it raised the sole off the ground so far it distracted me frequently. It helps to have an actual loft that is closer to your desired loft....

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

I may not be correct in that there are component only dealers...

It couldn't hurt, But I did like the ltd pro, it just bothered me because I played it low loft and it raised the sole off the ground so far it distracted me frequently. It helps to have an actual loft that is closer to your desired loft....

I play it @ 7* and haven't noticed it yet. Then again, I just bought it. Stop putting ideas in my head!

Perfect reason I'd love to try this is the CG is significantly lower (relatively speaking) even than the Cobra.

Looks like CC does carry PXG, by the way. :superman:

Driver: Cobra LTD Pro 7.5o - Kuro Kage DC XT 70 TX - Tipped 1"

UDI: 2019 TaylorMade P790 2i

Irons: 3-PW: Srixon z745 with Modus 130x

Wedges: 52o/56o/60o - Cleveland RTX4s

Putter: Ping Kushin 4

What flex and shafts did you like in these? What about the fairway? If I play a hybrid, it's usually the 2 iron/5wood slot, but more info on what you liked and what you play that was beat?

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

I just got back from hitting these new clubs at a fitting. The X beat my G400 LST in sound, feel and most importantly performance. Going into the fitting, I didn't think I would see significant improvement. Boy was I wrong! The new hybrids may be the best product of all the new Gen2 PXG items.

what were the numbers in comparison form club to club

Am ordering head only, as the no upcharge shaft options are a bit underwhelming.

When I called PXG to order mine they wouldn't let me order the head only.

DRIVER -     PXG Black OPs Tour 1 - 8* | 🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥   
2 WD -         PXG Gen 6  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

2/3/4 Hybrids- PXG Gen 6 | Accra Tour 90i Stiff

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
GRIPS -       JUMBOMAX ULTRALIGHT 
PUTTER -   PXG Battle Ready Gunboat w/M16 Stability Shaft
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

When I called PXG to order mine they wouldn't let me order the head only.

If you try a club builder that has a PXG account, they will be able to order a head only....irons or woods. But will they sell it to you is the question, some will.

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

I just got back from hitting these new clubs at a fitting. The X beat my G400 LST in sound, feel and most importantly performance. Going into the fitting, I didn't think I would see significant improvement. Boy was I wrong! The new hybrids may be the best product of all the new Gen2 PXG items.

Can you share as? Also when you say performance, what performance characteristics stood out to you?

Can you share as? Also when you say performance, what performance characteristics stood out to you?

Ball speed was higher with 8 -10 yards more carry and averaged 20 +/- yards total distance. I have never really bought into launch monitors total distance numbers because reality is on the dry Texas fairways I normally play on, its considerably more distance than the machines spit out. The face feels like trampoline with a very soft muted sound. Dispersion was inline with the LST and off center hits didn't get considerably punished. I did go up in loft to a 10.5 and ended up with the NV Blue 2KXV shaft.

Ball speed was higher with 8 -10 yards more carry and averaged 20 +/- yards total distance. I have never really bought into launch monitors total distance numbers because reality is on the dry Texas fairways I normally play on, its considerably more distance than the machines spit out. The face feels like trampoline with a very soft muted sound. Dispersion was inline with the LST and off center hits didn't get considerably punished. I did go up in loft to a 10.5 and ended up with the NV Blue 2KXV shaft.

I hate to be that guy, because the PXG woods look good to me, but if you’re picking up 20+ yards with a driver switch I’m not sure the LST was an optimal fit.

I hate to be that guy, because the PXG woods look good to me, but if you're picking up 20+ yards with a driver switch I'm not sure the LST was an optimal fit.

I might be a little off here in my reading. Are you saying you tested the PXG and the Cobra with two different shafts?