Just got a Tyne. Feels great to me. I tried it with ProV1x and it feels perfect. I also tried with Bridgestone XS and it took a while to get used to the softness but it feels great to mes as well. I generally play a softer ball and was initially worried at how soft the Bridgestone felt but got used to it pretty quickly. I absolutely hated how the firmer Prov1x’s felt on my firmer feeling Ketsch, but would consider playing a firmer ball this year with this Tyne if a firmer ball is a better fit for me. Guess I’ll have to do a ball fitting now. Playing it adjusted down to 32 3/4” and didn’t notice anything weird with the shaft.

Mavrik TripleD 9* Tensei Pro White 60tx
TS3 15*  Tensei Pro White 70tx
SIM 5 wood Tensei White 70x
PING G410 hybrid *22 Accra TZ5 95 M4
PING i210 5-PW MMT 105tx
PING Glide 3.0 50, 56ss
TW11 60
Newport 2 

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s kinda funny they come out with the Fetch the same year you can leave the pin in.

Rumor has it Ping is coming out with a new model that picks the ball up with the pin in.

Called the EXAV8R

Callaway Epic Flash 12*

Callaway Epic Flash 7w / 11w

Exotics Xrail 5h

Cobra T-Rail 6-SW

Cleveland CBX 60* 

Callaway Sure Out 64*

Bettinardi BB29

Titleist ProV1x Yellow

Handicap: 9.2

• 1 month later...

Just picked up a Tyne 4 on a impulse buy. Personally I love the feel of the soft shaft. Reminds me of my old Bullseye pro feel from a thousand years ago.

SIM Max USA Edition First Responders Tensei AV Raw Blue 6TX

Titleist TSI3 15 Tensei AV White 7x

PXG 0341X Gen2 18 (16.5)HZRDUS Smoke
PXG 0317X Gen 2 17 (18.5) Evenflow Hancrafted 6.5

PXG 0317X Gen 2 22 Riptide 6.5

Mizuno MP-20 MMC 5-P $ Taper 120
Vokey SM8 Blackout 50.08F
Vokey SM8 Blackout 54.10S
Mizuno S-21 58.08 
Scotty Cameron Special Select 5 Flowback Superstroke wristlock
TP5 Yellow

> @mx-20 said:

> It’s kinda funny they come out with the Fetch the same year you can leave the pin in.

Actually, that's the best part. If you think about it, you still had to bend over to pick up the flag left murdered on the green. No longer; simply put the ball in, walk up, lift flag, snag ball, replace flag, and save the spine. Perfect!

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

> @SDL said:

> chamgel2 wrote:

>

> I agree. I am also playing my Tyne at 34" and the putter does not feel flimsy at that length. My only concern about the Tyne is that it still feels a bit head-heavy, even at a shorter length. I may try to find a heavier grip to better counterbalance the head. With the adjustable shaft, there is no way to add weight within the shaft at the grip end.

I think the black Tyne is less heavy in the head...

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

> @matchavez said:

> I think the black Tyne is less heavy in the head...

The head of the black Tyne is 5 grams lighter than the Tyne 4. I play the lighter Tyne, but it still feels a bit heavy to me.

To compensate, I just re-gripped my Tyne with a 98 gram SuperStroke Traxion Tour XL 3.0. This makes the total club weight heavier, but the balance of the club is more to my liking. It still has a pretty high swing weight (E-1), so the head doesn't feel overly light. This grip is actually 3" longer than the standard grip so it overhangs the sliding tube on the Ping adjustable shaft. I installed the grip to overhang the tube by 1.5" on each end. The firmness of the grip core allows this to work well without the grip feeling at all floppy. It looks very clean as long as you like the look of a longer grip on this club. The grip has a "Tech-Port" on the end that gives me about an inch of open space (between the cover on the port and the adjustment screw on the shaft) so that I can add additional weight if I want to add additional counterweighting. I can still adjust the shaft length by removing the Tech-Port cap and then using a longer wrench to make adjustments. The extra length of the grip means my Tyne now adjusts from 33.5" to 37.5" (instead of the standard 32" to 36"); I'm currently playing the putter at 34" long.

• 5 months later...