DISCOUNT DAN'S

tpgrrr1

Great people to work with!
I recently got a set of Mizuno MP-37 from Dan. Custom with dynamic gold superlite s300 1/2 inch over 1° upright. It was an absolute pleasure dealing with Dan and his Team. These guys are first class and extremely helpfull. I live in NJ but I shop for golf stuff in Oregon.
Thanks Dan and Team for helping me get my second set of Mizuno's this year.
Trent ;) ;) :D

[size=3]Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5° TENSI BLUE 67g 6/17/19
Srixon Z F85  fwy 13.5°, 18° HZRDUS 6.0 62g 9/15/19
TaylorMade M4 Hyb 22° 4/1/19
Honma  T // World Rose Proto 5-10 iron
 N.S. PRO MODUS 3 TOUR 120  S 8/8/19
Bettinardi Studio Stock 2 [/size]
[size=3]3/7/19
TaylorMade Mill Grind 50° 07/17/18, TaylorMade Mill Grind 54° 4/12/19, TaylorMade
Mill Grind 58° 07/17/18
Titleist ProV1x Grips Golf Pride Z-Grip cord align midsize Glove FJ Pure Touch Limited L
Callaway Epic Star [/size]
[size=3]staff bag
Titleist Players 4 stand bag
Jan Craig headcovers
Adidas Tour 360 Boost 2.0[/size]

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All my purchases have been worry and trouble free from Discount Dans. I even a few friends, who don't even visit golfwrx, even order their more expensive items from Discount Dans as well.

Titleist TSi2 10* Driver Tensei Blue 55S
TM Sim2 Max 16.5* 3 wood Tensei Blue 60S

TM SIM2 Titanium 5 Wood Tensei Blue 65S

TM SIM2 MAx 4 Hybrid Ventus Stiff shaft
Ping G410 5-UW Alta Graphite Shafts
Vokey SM8 56* sand wedge, Vokey SM9 60* lob wedge
Black Lab Oil Can 350g custom grind by "Geo" putter

C&L 350 Milled Oil Can Putter (3 of them!)

ddistler, I forgot to mention that Discount Dan's has the best prices to go along with a great group of people to work with!

Thanks again Dan and Team.

[size=3]Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5° TENSI BLUE 67g 6/17/19
Srixon Z F85  fwy 13.5°, 18° HZRDUS 6.0 62g 9/15/19
TaylorMade M4 Hyb 22° 4/1/19
Honma  T // World Rose Proto 5-10 iron
 N.S. PRO MODUS 3 TOUR 120  S 8/8/19
Bettinardi Studio Stock 2 [/size]
[size=3]3/7/19
TaylorMade Mill Grind 50° 07/17/18, TaylorMade Mill Grind 54° 4/12/19, TaylorMade
Mill Grind 58° 07/17/18
Titleist ProV1x Grips Golf Pride Z-Grip cord align midsize Glove FJ Pure Touch Limited L
Callaway Epic Star [/size]
[size=3]staff bag
Titleist Players 4 stand bag
Jan Craig headcovers
Adidas Tour 360 Boost 2.0[/size]

• 2 months later...

[quote name='golf-ccc' post='807927' date='Nov 30 2007, 10:36 AM']Does Dan offer any special discount to GolfWRX members?.

And by been a registered user, does that make me a member?[/quote]

No discount for GolfWRX members. But their prices are typically so good there probably isn't room for much more of a discount.

I just can't understand what is so difficult to set up a website that actually has current products and prices. Even e-mails to them don't get answered in 24 hours. I know his operation isn't huge, but if you are going to sponsor an ONLINE message board with international members, why wouldn't you have an ONLINE sales route? I can't stand talking on the phone for orders when I know what I want, and I know others feel the same. GPP has a great website and it is so much easier to see their stuff.

Take Note DD!

[quote name='belote' post='808010' date='Nov 30 2007, 08:56 AM']I just can't understand what is so difficult to set up a website that actually has current products and prices. Even e-mails to them don't get answered in 24 hours. I know his operation isn't huge, but if you are going to sponsor an ONLINE message board with international members, why wouldn't you have an ONLINE sales route? I can't stand talking on the phone for orders when I know what I want, and I know others feel the same. GPP has a great website and it is so much easier to see their stuff.

Take Note DD![/quote]

I can't understand complaining about having to use a telephone.

EDIT: And operating a good website that accurately tracks inventory and doesn't violate MAP policies means higher costs to the consumer. DD's knows me by name now and my stuff shows up in 1 day if they have it in stock.

I understand the webite is not up to date and it really doesn't bother me because of their great prices. I guess I am "old school" in the fact that I like to call & speak to a live person about my order. I have ordered numerous items through them and have always been pleased. I even talked to Dan himself & it was an enjoyable conversation.

[quote name='dmares' post='808036' date='Nov 30 2007, 09:15 AM']I understand the webite is not up to date and it really doesn't bother me because of their great prices. I guess I am "old school" in the fact that I like to call & speak to a live person about my order. I have ordered numerous items through them and have always been pleased. I even talked to Dan himself & it was an enjoyable conversation.[/quote]

I am both old school and new school. If we are talking Amazon.com and an employee who doesn't know/care about the bazillion products (and I wouldn't trust even if they said they did), then anonymous ordering is just fine with me.

But when you are talking about a small business, with friendly people who KNOW and CARE about their product, then give me contact. I want the seller to know who I am because I think that means they will care about my satisfaction. Because of the way I have been treated on the phone by Dan and his staff, I have honestly thought about driving down to Oregon to visit the retail store. Now I wish I had done it (if the rumors about the sale of the business are true.)

[quote name='Charlie_Foxtrot' post='808048' date='Nov 30 2007, 09:30 AM'][quote name='dmares' post='808036' date='Nov 30 2007, 09:15 AM']I understand the webite is not up to date and it really doesn't bother me because of their great prices. I guess I am "old school" in the fact that I like to call & speak to a live person about my order. I have ordered numerous items through them and have always been pleased. I even talked to Dan himself & it was an enjoyable conversation.[/quote]

I am both old school and new school. If we are talking Amazon.com and an employee who doesn't know/care about the bazillion products (and I wouldn't trust even if they said they did), then anonymous ordering is just fine with me.

But when you are talking about a small business, with friendly people who KNOW and CARE about their product, then give me contact. I want the seller to know who I am because I think that means they will care about my satisfaction. Because of the way I have been treated on the phone by Dan and his staff, I have honestly thought about driving down to Oregon to visit the retail store. Now I wish I had done it (if the rumors about the sale of the business are true.)
[/quote]

I agree. I was specifically referring to the DD site. I can overlook the non updated website because of the fantastic prices and great customer service over the phone. I just called Discount Dan's & was informed that Dan is retiring & today is his last day. There will be new ownership but they will be run the same way.

Hey!! what do you mean he is retairing??!. I waited for 2 months to put an order on his web site (I was kind of short of cash), and today, finally did, just 5 hours ago I ordered my Scotty Cameron Studio Newport 2 34", RH, for $239.99, which was the posted price tag for the putter.....don't tell me they don't keep the prices updated!!!! c'mon........My first post above asking about discounts for WRX members was just before I placed my order!!!....DD, if you are reading, please maintain the price posted at your web page, as a golfer, customer and WRX member I'd spect that you do so.....

[quote name='golf-ccc' post='808330' date='Nov 30 2007, 06:31 PM']Hey!! what do you mean he is retairing??!. I waited for 2 months to put an order on his web site (I was kind of short of cash), and today, finally did, just 5 hours ago I ordered my Scotty Cameron Studio Newport 2 34", RH, for $239.99, which was the posted price tag for the putter.....don't tell me they don't keep the prices updated!!!! c'mon........My first post above asking about discounts for WRX members was just before I placed my order!!!....DD, if you are reading, please maintain the price posted at your web page, as a golfer, customer and WRX member I'd spect that you do so.....[/quote]
Read it here: [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=127473&hl="]http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?sh...=127473&hl=[/url]

[quote name='golf-ccc' post='808330' date='Nov 30 2007, 02:31 PM']Hey!! what do you mean he is retairing??!. I waited for 2 months to put an order on his web site (I was kind of short of cash), and today, finally did, just 5 hours ago I ordered my Scotty Cameron Studio Newport 2 34", RH, for $239.99, which was the posted price tag for the putter.....don't tell me they don't keep the prices updated!!!! c'mon........My first post above asking about discounts for WRX members was just before I placed my order!!!....DD, if you are reading, please maintain the price posted at your web page, as a golfer, customer and WRX member I'd spect that you do so.....[/quote]

Whoa there cowboy, I'm certain that all orders will be honored. It's an owner transition, not a bankruptcy.

Future prices, of course, may differ.

[quote]Whoa there cowboy, I'm certain that all orders will be honored. It's an owner transition, not a bankruptcy[/quote]

I ordered my wrx G10 on Monday and it was waiting at my door this afternoon when I got home. I had a set of Eye2+'s on order for 5 weeks and because of backorder problems decided to cancel it today and order a set of G10's. I got a ship date of 12/12 and a credit back for the difference as I was ordering less clubs. I don't think anyone has any cause to worry. I know I don't.

Discount Dan's' was the best for Pings ever since Ping Ken dropped off the face of the earth. Hope the new group keeps up the good work.

How do you guys define "great prices"? I've both checked their site and called, and the prices are either the same as every other retailer or are only about $10 off (which isn't much on a $300 driver). I don't doubt that their service is top-notch, but I just don't understand why everyone thinks the prices are so great.

this is cowboy writting....I just made a simple question about pricing policies...

regarding DD´s prices, I belive they are very good, that is why I made the purchase of my SC with them, their website published price list is $60 less than Edwin Watts, Golf GaLAXY or TGW.

My concern is towards that point.....I do hope I get my putter for the price published in their web page.

Greetings to everyone....

Hello! We just created a new post at:

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=127725"]http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=127725[/url]

Please let us know if you have any questions or suggestions! We look forward to taking good care of you in the future!

Golfingly Yours,

Matt J. Brown
PGA Golf Professional
DiscountDansGolf.com
Highlands Golf Club
Gearhart, Oregon

DiscountDansGolfcom  Highlands Golf Club
DiscountDansGolf.com

Highlands Golf Club
Gearhart, Oregon
1-877-738-5248
[email protected]