Hunter Mahan

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually just ran into Hunter completely randomly a couple weeks ago. I was on a road trip and stopped in Ding Dong Texas (yes it's a real place) and they had a carnival set up in town for the annual greased hog championship. That's when you have to catch a pig covered in crude oil from the local fields and the fastest person wins. So we get there and it's the semifinals, my wife grabs some fried okra and deep fried ice cream with a few indian breads and a few more cotton candies and says I think I just saw that golfer you used to watch on TV. I'm like which one? She said the guy that looks like beavis had a kid with steve buscemi. I'm like Oh, Hunter Mahan is here! I ask around and one of the carnies by the tiltawhirl tells me he's known as "El asesino de engrasado" around these parts. I ask where he is and he nods his head to the pig pens where I hear the loudest squeel I've ever heard in all my years. It was Hunter. War cry. Anyway long story short, it turns out he's the Ding Dong greased hog world champion for 3 years running now.

I actually just ran into Hunter completely randomly a couple weeks ago. I was on a road trip and stopped in Ding Dong Texas (yes it's a real place) and they had a carnival set up in town for the annual greased hog championship. That's when you have to catch a pig covered in crude oil from the local fields and the fastest person wins. So we get there and it's the semifinals, my wife grabs some fried okra and deep fried ice cream with a few indian breads and a few more cotton candies and says I think I just saw that golfer you used to watch on TV. I'm like which one? She said the guy that looks like beavis had a kid with steve buscemi. I'm like Oh, Hunter Mahan is here! I ask around and one of the carnies by the tiltawhirl tells me he's known as "El asesino de engrasado" around these parts. I ask where he is and he nods his head to the pig pens where I hear the loudest squeel I've ever heard in all my years. It was Hunter. War cry. Anyway long story short, it turns out he's the Ding Dong greased hog world champion for 3 years running now.

This is one of the funniest posts I have read in here, and have been here since 2007, lol....Almost spilled my Diet Coke.

Beavis had a kid with Buscemi? That’s genius!

PING 400 Max and a Bag full of PXG’s.......
Non Titleist Cameron Welded Neck 35/330g SC 009
“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

Mahan won three times on the PGA Tour before the bad chip at the RC. He then won 3 more times on the PGA Tour and reached his highest OWGR ranking of 4th after the bad chip.

That says it all. Do people just make these scenarios up?

Yes. Over and over.

Also Mahan was in the final pairing on Sunday in 2 majors in 2013. And since the 2010 Ryder cup he has had 4 top 10's in major championships.

[media=]

[/media]

What the ever-loving heck did I just watch?

It's a video of Rickie doing weird stuff with his old friends, before the cool kids let him sit at their table.

Titleist TSi3 9.25*  HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5tx 
Titleist TSi3 5W 18* Tensei AV Raw White- x
Srixon Z 745 (4-pw) KBS tour-x
Mizuno T20 51* 54* 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
SC Studio Design no. 2
Pro V1

That clip of the shank is pretty instructive. He'd birdied 22 out of 46 holes to that point, then shanks one.

I've got to think it's super embarrassing for a pro to hit the odd shank, chunk, or flubbed chip. He's done it a few times. Surely that starts to get in your head over the ball, especially if you aren't practicing as hard as you once did.

Excellent pasta sir.

That clip of the shank is pretty instructive. He'd birdied 22 out of 46 holes to that point, then shanks one.

I've got to think it's super embarrassing for a pro to hit the odd shank, chunk, or flubbed chip. He's done it a few times. Surely that starts to get in your head over the ball, especially if you aren't practicing as hard as you once did.

That's all it takes, one.

PING 400 Max and a Bag full of PXG’s.......
Non Titleist Cameron Welded Neck 35/330g SC 009
“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

Please post more often.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black