Cobra's new King F9 Speedback Driver, Woods, Hybrids and Irons (NO BUY SELL TRADE POSTS)

GolfWRX

Just met my newest member of the family. Went with 10.5° Avalanche & Smoke, weight forward. Excellent front to back dispersion, ball speeds in the high 140s, 12-14° launch, 235-245 carry over and over again. STD setting was tightest L to R. (“STD†LoL)

Only complaint (besides the snow on the ground), the speedback makes it hard to get the boxing glove headcovers on & off. Maybe there’s a trick I’m missing?

The F9 Tour 4-5W and 21° hybrid might challenge my older mainstays, we’ll see. Time to update my sig, cheers!

Spring 2024

Callaway Mavrik Max 1W 10.5° HZRDUS Smoke 60

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 3W 15° HZRDUS Smoke 70

Cobra LTDx LS 5W 17.5° HZRDUS Smoke 70

Cobra LTDx 4Hy 21° HZRDUS Smoke 80

Srixon ZU85 4U 23° / Z585 6i-7i / Z785 8i-AW

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 56° 60°
SeeMore Mini Giant DF / Piretti Teramo / MannKrafted MA99 Proto

https://www.golfwrx.com/660122/witb-golfwrx-members-edition-jbrunk/

My F9 Speedback driver came in today. Was custom ordered through Roger Dunn. I originally ordered the Tour Length with the Atmos TS Black 7s. My club came with the 6s TS Black, and the incorrect weights. 18g up front, which is correct...but only a 2g weight in the rear. Can't exactly say I'm thrilled they just shipped this out without so much as asking if I minded a substitute. I plan on throwing my Tour AD in there, but was intending on passing the shaft off to a friend. I see on the website that the 6g weight is out of stock, so perhaps that's the issue. Either way, looks like I'll be making a phone call or two tomorrow.

Anybody compare the F9 tour 3w directly against the Flash sz 3w? I'm lefty so nobody has both in store and I've demo'd the standard flash and F9 in store and I preferred the F9. Looking for low spin tee bomb balls, will use a 4 or 5w for deck shots.

If you are looking at low spin tee bomb balls, then go with the CBX 119. I just got one in x-stiff 13.5* with hzrdus smoke and it is exactly what you described you are looking for. Cannon off the tee. Low/mid flight flat bombs off the tee.

Anybody compare the F9 tour 3w directly against the Flash sz 3w? I'm lefty so nobody has both in store and I've demo'd the standard flash and F9 in store and I preferred the F9. Looking for low spin tee bomb balls, will use a 4 or 5w for deck shots.

If you are looking at low spin tee bomb balls, then go with the CBX 119. I just got one in x-stiff 13.5* with hzrdus smoke and it is exactly what you described you are looking for. Cannon off the tee. Low/mid flight flat bombs off the tee.

Am lefty, so TEE only offers like one club and it's 15*. 15* may work with low enough spin but I think that head is glued so... just not really ideal for me.

Well I've sold my F9 10.5 Atmos 6s black driver only to being properly fit and purchased another one. I've fit perfectly into the F9 9.0 vs the 10.5 with the Atmos 7X black spin dropped almost 800 down to 2100 avg w 13.0 avg launch and 155 ball speeds now at the 8.0 draw setting. Hit carries of 268 with a 299 total at PGAss w the avg at 256 carry and 278 totals and 153 ball speed avg .SS lately has been 102-103 range.

The drop from 9.5 to 8.0 and upping from 6s to 7X was amazing difference . Anyway just wanted to share my experience and my fondness of this club has reached new levels. Now just waiting for my new club cut down 1/2 inch w my favorite Lamkin wrap Tec grip to arrive. Excited again . Now I don't need to adjust my swing to the club but just let her rip. Thought I could do it own my own but glad I reached out for some help. Can't wait to get back on the course soon.

I was fitted into a Ad-Gp 7X 2.5 years ago at 44.75 .don't know why I went w a stiff. Oh well .issue resolved. Had to move on.

Ps. Thank you Discount Dans and fellow wrxers who recommended them.

Your swing sounds a lot like mine accept maybe the angle of attack. Do you know what your AOA is or was when getting fitted?

I did not get the AOA from the fitting. Azimus was 1.8R with a little draw back toward center line or left of it mostly. I definitely hit up on the ball but not for sure how + it is. Probably 2-3 would be my guess. Good luck...hope this helps someone out there to look at different options to spin issues. My swing is pretty flat also if that helps any. Don't have any issues hitting it high

I took delivery of my Avalanche 9.0 with Atmos Black 7X today. The head came in at 196g and I typicaly play 200g+ heads at 45" so I ordered an 18g weight to get it to my preferred weight. Tomorrow's lunch range session cant come soon enough. 2016 Tour Issue M2 vs F9. Let's roll!

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

Just got fitted into the f9 and thought I’d share my findings below.

Handicap: between +1 and 1

Swing speed: old driver 116mph with f9 119mph

Old driver: 9* Ping G driver w/ tour 65x

Fit into: 10.5 f9 with 6.5 smoke shaft

Despite my swing speed I have always been classed as low launch/low spin for a stock shot.

Over the last 2 years nothing’s been able to beat the ping out. Cobra f8+ At 10.5 Beat it out in terms of ball speed and launch but not dispersion last year, but didn’t pull the trigger as it went a little too left on me.

Went into the fitting and started with my ping with pretty solid numbers for me. Around 116 SS, 9* launch. 260m carry (I only care about carry due to my courses soft conditions)

Started with the 9 degree fastback which yielded faster ball speed and more distance, but was a little low for my liking. Moved to the 10.5 degree head and voila! Carry distance went up to 270m and launch went up 3 degrees to 12.1* with spin staying the same as the ping (around 2000). Ball speed was up 3mph on the ping.

Never thought I’d move away from ping due to the forgiveness, but this f9 is the real deal. Low heel shots weren’t too far off centre and retained great ball speed.

Any questions please shoot them through!

Replying to my own post.

Unfortunately I had to let the F9 go.

Played 3 rounds + a range session with it and I couldn't keep it off the left side of the course.

Tried lead tape, opening the face but nothing worked. Violent snap hooks.

Had to setup like I was trying to hit a 40 yard slice to keep relatively straight and doing that it felt like a glancing blow.

Thanks a lot for this honest post. I really wanted to like the F9, but I lost every single ball way left on two different days at club champion. Weight forward, kiyoshi black shaft, etc. Nothing helped to keep it from going left. Hence I bought the PXG driver instead. It was very anti left and allowed for even more anti left settings on adapter.

Am very curious which pxg driver (X or XF) was anti-left for you? And by left you mean hook correct?

Ping G430 Max 10K Tour 2.0 Black 6X

Titleist TS2 16.5 Diamana S+ 80TX

Titleist 818H1 19, 23 Atmos TS Blue 8X

Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-SW Modus3 120S

Taylormade MyHiToe LW Hi-Rev 2.0 115

Odyssey Tri Hot 5K Triple Wide 

I took delivery of my Avalanche 9.0 with Atmos Black 7X today. The head came in at 196g and I typicaly play 200g+ heads at 45" so I ordered an 18g weight to get it to my preferred weight. Tomorrow's lunch range session cant come soon enough. 2016 Tour Issue M2 vs F9. Let's roll!

Ditto! Well I have the yellow driver but 45 inch with 18/2 weights and Black 7X shaft. I have an extra 6g weight to experiment with too but probably too heavy.

I Posted my Atmos Black TS 6X on eBay since the more stout and heavier 7X seems to fit me better at this point.

Can anyone provide a breakdown of weight switching pro/cons?

I see a lot of people tinkering and I feel left out lol

I was surprised but now at 7X Black Atmos at 8 degree with 14g weight back is much better fit for me. Still learning the nuancies of this club but don't be afraid to find what's right for you. I thought heavy weight forward was the answer but higher and stiff shaft with reduced loft combined with more COG rear was right for me. Anyways good luck in the search...

first time in store tried the 6.0 smoke in 9 degree head

How would you compare your Atmos Black stiff to the Smoke 6.0 in terms of spin, feel, etc?

To be completely honest, I was hitting high toe the first time in the GG in N. VA trying this club for about 10-15 hits with the smoke. Moved to a 7x Atmos and didn't fair any better. Was hitting my F8+ just as well if not better. I thought blah not really much of a difference. Went back in and put my HZerdous yellow in the F9 head and again about similar results. 3rd time my home club pro had the Atmos 6s TS Black in a demo 10.5 and it just fit perfectly. For me it feels an in betweener shaft a hard stiff or a loose X if that makes sense. Don't really know the profile of either of these but dispersion flight and feel were perfect for me. If I was going to say anything for me it would be the tip was a little stiffer feeling between the 2 shafts as I tried the smoke 6.0 also that day but in the 9.0 head at my club. I was immediately drawn to the Atmos and it's really what sold me on the club. I wish I could help more but others in here with more shaft knowledge may chime in. I'm strickly a feel player and visual ball flight golfer. I guess that's from starting as a 10 year old in the late 70's.

I really like the atmos ts black shaft as well but am wondering about 7s or 7x to go with. What shaft do you usually play?

Ping G430 Max 10K Tour 2.0 Black 6X

Titleist TS2 16.5 Diamana S+ 80TX

Titleist 818H1 19, 23 Atmos TS Blue 8X

Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-SW Modus3 120S

Taylormade MyHiToe LW Hi-Rev 2.0 115

Odyssey Tri Hot 5K Triple Wide 

first time in store tried the 6.0 smoke in 9 degree head

How would you compare your Atmos Black stiff to the Smoke 6.0 in terms of spin, feel, etc?

To be completely honest, I was hitting high toe the first time in the GG in N. VA trying this club for about 10-15 hits with the smoke. Moved to a 7x Atmos and didn't fair any better. Was hitting my F8+ just as well if not better. I thought blah not really much of a difference. Went back in and put my HZerdous yellow in the F9 head and again about similar results. 3rd time my home club pro had the Atmos 6s TS Black in a demo 10.5 and it just fit perfectly. For me it feels an in betweener shaft a hard stiff or a loose X if that makes sense. Don't really know the profile of either of these but dispersion flight and feel were perfect for me. If I was going to say anything for me it would be the tip was a little stiffer feeling between the 2 shafts as I tried the smoke 6.0 also that day but in the 9.0 head at my club. I was immediately drawn to the Atmos and it's really what sold me on the club. I wish I could help more but others in here with more shaft knowledge may chime in. I'm strickly a feel player and visual ball flight golfer. I guess that's from starting as a 10 year old in the late 70's.

I really like the atmos ts black shaft as well but am wondering about 7s or 7x to go with. What shaft do you usually play?

Stiff in irons and X in woods. Aggressive and quick tempo with only 102SS but X in Atmos is working a lot better than S for me. AD-GP7X only shaft ever custom fit for about 2-3 years ago.

Just got fitted into the f9 and thought I’d share my findings below.

Handicap: between +1 and 1

Swing speed: old driver 116mph with f9 119mph

Old driver: 9* Ping G driver w/ tour 65x

Fit into: 10.5 f9 with 6.5 smoke shaft

Despite my swing speed I have always been classed as low launch/low spin for a stock shot.

Over the last 2 years nothing’s been able to beat the ping out. Cobra f8+ At 10.5 Beat it out in terms of ball speed and launch but not dispersion last year, but didn’t pull the trigger as it went a little too left on me.

Went into the fitting and started with my ping with pretty solid numbers for me. Around 116 SS, 9* launch. 260m carry (I only care about carry due to my courses soft conditions)

Started with the 9 degree fastback which yielded faster ball speed and more distance, but was a little low for my liking. Moved to the 10.5 degree head and voila! Carry distance went up to 270m and launch went up 3 degrees to 12.1* with spin staying the same as the ping (around 2000). Ball speed was up 3mph on the ping.

Never thought I’d move away from ping due to the forgiveness, but this f9 is the real deal. Low heel shots weren’t too far off centre and retained great ball speed.

Any questions please shoot them through!

Replying to my own post.

Unfortunately I had to let the F9 go.

Played 3 rounds + a range session with it and I couldn't keep it off the left side of the course.

Tried lead tape, opening the face but nothing worked. Violent snap hooks.

Had to setup like I was trying to hit a 40 yard slice to keep relatively straight and doing that it felt like a glancing blow.

Thanks a lot for this honest post. I really wanted to like the F9, but I lost every single ball way left on two different days at club champion. Weight forward, kiyoshi black shaft, etc. Nothing helped to keep it from going left. Hence I bought the PXG driver instead. It was very anti left and allowed for even more anti left settings on adapter.

Am very curious which pxg driver (X or XF) was anti-left for you? And by left you mean hook correct?

I only ever tested the X, as I am high spin player so never tried XF.

Anti left I do mean anti hook. I had weights forward in the X, and still lost a few balls left on standard setting. Standard is their most upright lie angle. I then went -1* in loft down to 8* and -2.5* in lie angle. With that combo I didn't lose a single ball far left out of dozens.

This was all at Club Champion. Have yet to get the driver outdoors as it is selling like hotcakes and on backorder. Been waiting 3 weeks for my order to come. May take a while longer...

I am looking for some advice. I am currently playing Cobra LTD pro with a Hzrdus back in 6.0. I am looking at getting the F9 in tour length with the Atmos ts black 7x. I was wondering if I should get this shaft tipped 1/2" or just leave it standard. I just don't know enough about tipping to make a decision. I am a naturally high ball hitter so looking to lower flight and possibly lower spin. Thanks for any advice.

I am looking for some advice. I am currently playing Cobra LTD pro with a Hzrdus back in 6.0. I am looking at getting the F9 in tour length with the Atmos ts black 7x. I was wondering if I should get this shaft tipped 1/2" or just leave it standard. I just don't know enough about tipping to make a decision. I am a naturally high ball hitter so looking to lower flight and possibly lower spin. Thanks for any advice.

Was the Hzrdus 62g or 75g? The 7x will play and feel stiffer when comparing to the 6x of the same shaft, because it is.

I've never hit the Atmos shaft, but I heard it feels relatively stiff, as does the Hzrdus. I would say no to tipping the heavier shaft.

Driver: Cobra LTD Pro 7.5o - Kuro Kage DC XT 70 TX - Tipped 1"

UDI: 2019 TaylorMade P790 2i

Irons: 3-PW: Srixon z745 with Modus 130x

Wedges: 52o/56o/60o - Cleveland RTX4s

Putter: Ping Kushin 4

I have hit the Cobra F9 driver several different times now, and every time it puts out ball speed as good or better than anything else I am trying alongside it.

PING G430 LST 9* Tour AD DI 6X

Mizuno ST-G 15* Tour AD DI 7X

Titleist TSR2 18* Tour AD DI 85X

Mizuno MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT115X(-)

Titleist Vokey SM10 48F 53D 58D

Evnroll ER2

Titleist ProV1

I have hit the Cobra F9 driver several different times now, and every time it puts out ball speed as good or better than anything else I am trying alongside it.

Just means it’s time to buy one. Same thing happened to me. Tested for past couple weeks on track man and nothing has beat it yet. Only thing close was the m6,but the F9 was 3mph fast ball speeds and 10 yards farther. Same loft and shaft.

Just means it’s time to buy one. Same thing happened to me. Tested for past couple weeks on track man and nothing has beat it yet. Only thing close was the m6,but the F9 was 3mph fast ball speeds and 10 yards farther. Same loft and shaft.

That is impressive.

Just means its time to buy one. Same thing happened to me. Tested for past couple weeks on track man and nothing has beat it yet. Only thing close was the m6,but the F9 was 3mph fast ball speeds and 10 yards farther. Same loft and shaft.

That is impressive.

I was skeptical at first,but like I said,I’m lucky to have access to track man at work. The numbers didn’t lie. I try to test a bit and not run out and spend money. I know,not the golfwrx way. Test to get out of the honey moon phase. Ordered it last night at golf galaxy thanks to the 50% extra trade in.

Ordered the F9 tour length 9° in white with tensei orange 60tx. Now my wait begins. I saw on cobra they all show back order until 3/3 but galaxy said they haven’t had any delays ordering through cobra.

Was the Hzrdus 62g or 75g? The 7x will play and feel stiffer when comparing to the 6x of the same shaft, because it is.

I've never hit the Atmos shaft, but I heard it feels relatively stiff, as does the Hzrdus. I would say no to tipping the heavier shaft.

The Hzrdus Black shaft I play is 75g standard length. From what I was reading, if go with the tour length driver it could soften the flex a little bit but just wanted to see what others think. Thanks for he response.

I'm no fitter or builder, so take my response with a grain of salt lol. Standard length as in 45.5 or 45? Keep in mind the LTD Pro head is heavier than the F9, so that will also have a play in shaft flex. Perhaps someone else will weigh in.

Did you hit the F9 vs. LTD Pro? I ask because I did, with the same shaft, and the numbers were no better with the F9. My numbers were actually slightly better with the LTD Pro. I will say that swing weight was NOT adjusted, so perhaps going from LTD Pro to F9 lessened the swing weight by a point or 2, given the lighter head F9. My LTD Pro measured D2 last night @ 44.5", so anything lighter might be too light. I only compared them one time though, so who knows.

Driver: Cobra LTD Pro 7.5o - Kuro Kage DC XT 70 TX - Tipped 1"

UDI: 2019 TaylorMade P790 2i

Irons: 3-PW: Srixon z745 with Modus 130x

Wedges: 52o/56o/60o - Cleveland RTX4s

Putter: Ping Kushin 4

I just got back from the range and took about 60 cuts with driver. It was one of those range sessions that started off good and got bad toward the end. Just way too many driver swings but I had to put my new toy to the test. I was surprised at how well the driver performed on low and heel shots. I put a couple of awful swings on the ball that were really low and in the heel and they still flew pretty straight. I am playing on Friday so i will get a better idea as to what kind of yardage I'm getting with my Garmin watch.

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

Did you hit the F9 vs. LTD Pro? I ask because I did, with the same shaft, and the numbers were no better with the F9. My numbers were actually slightly better with the LTD Pro. I will say that swing weight was NOT adjusted, so perhaps going from LTD Pro to F9 lessened the swing weight by a point or 2, given the lighter head F9. My LTD Pro measured D2 last night @ 44.5", so anything lighter might be too light. I only compared them one time though, so who knows.

No I have not tested the F9. It would be about a 4 hour drive one way to do that. So I am relying on information that I gather here. When I get a chance I will have to see what my LTD is playing at. I do like the feel of a heavier driver. One of the first things I will do is try and get the swing weight of the F9 close to the LTD.