Cobra's new King F9 Speedback Driver, Woods, Hybrids and Irons (NO BUY SELL TRADE POSTS)

GolfWRX

Ship date is still 2/26 for new F9 set up...thankful for a change rain all weekend here then off to Chicago midweek. Hopefully New F9 9.0 Atmos 7X will be here when I get home. Spent 2 different days at PGASS in Orlando and got same amazing results with Black 7X set at 8.0 with great ball speeds and dispersion. Moving to different shaft just allowed me to release club so much better and gains were significant over previous set up. Can't wait to get on course next weekend and see on course results....just thought I'd give the thread a bump as chatter is down a bit.

Yeah its weird how that works. I too believed all the stuff on here "play the weakest shaft you can control" and "most amateurs are playing shafts that are too stiff". Going to heavy xflex gave me distance and dispersion since I didnt need to fight the head and try to steer it to keep it from going left.

Yeah, it's funny how it works. I am a tall, strong player, with quick tempo and aggressive transition. You would think I need heavy shafts, but actually do much better in lighter weights. Hit 70 Pro Orange badly, but 60 PO great. So now I have 110g steelfiber shafts and 60g driver shaft and 70g 3wood shaft. I am 6'4" and 110+ mph driver swing speed. I do need x-stiff shafts though and stiff tips. I don't mind playing boardy shafts, such as my steelfiber 110x.

I have a fair amount more swing speed than 3woodvt, yet the 70g driver shafts don't work for me like they work for him. Just shows you need to try different things.

My Club Champion fitter said the Kiyoshi Black is not a good fit for me, so we never tried it. During second session I asked to put it in, as i used it for years in the past with great success. It ended up being perfect for me...

Sounds like my experience, some of us just know what we want and what works. Dialing in my F9 my fitter finally listened when I said I want my driver to feel and play like a longer 3-wood so after meandering for a bit he listened and put a 3-wood shaft in with two 18 gram weights in and magic. We were able to dial it back to 44 with two of the 16 gram weights. Stupid good and weighted perfectly for my feels and tempo.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

FYI for all those entering custom orders. Mine ordered 45" 9* Atmos ts Black7x wrap tec grip w 2 wraps and arccoss yellow head ordered 2/19 with estimated ship date of 2/26 shipped today 2/23 w Fed ex tracking from email from Discount Dans from Cobra to be deliverd 2/28 this TH. Kinda good news. don't know what weights will be in it as I requested D4 SW.

good luck to others waiting.

Just wanted to give everyone an update.

I added the 4 grams of lead tape to the bottom to match head weight of my LTD.

went to the range today and was piping the F9. Kept the Atmos black shaft in it and it felt great.

Trying to decide to leave the lead tape or buy a 6 gram weight.

CP

Stealth Plus 9*  Ventus Blue Velocore 6X
Callaway epic flash 15* 2KXV Blue 7X
Callaway UW 19* Trono 75X
Miura MB001 4-PW KBS Tour X +1/2"
RTX Zipcore raw 52/56 mid

Vokey 60* M Grind
Bettinardi BB8W 

Just wanted to give everyone an update.

I added the 4 grams of lead tape to the bottom to match head weight of my LTD.

went to the range today and was piping the F9. Kept the Atmos black shaft in it and it felt great.

Trying to decide to leave the lead tape or buy a 6 gram weight.

CP

Tape you already have or $25 bucks plus tax and shipping for a back ordered weight? Hummmm.

I know what I’d do.....but of course I have tape on nearly all of my clubs.

Last time out with the F9 driver my swing was a bit off. Today was much different. Long high bombs all day long,, even mis-hits were very playable. I normally have 1-2 penalties off the tee, today zero while being much longer. I had short iron/wedge in hand on just about every par 4. I play pretty regularly with a shorter hitting partner, normal gap is 40-50 yards. One hole today he peeled one off the the right, I nutted one dead straight down the middle. It was such an egregious gap I had to break out the range finder...105 yard delta. On 18 I hit the worse drive of the day, high toe shot that had no place being in play, still ended up 25yrds in front of the same fellow in the right rough when he hit his as well as he did all day

Same goes with the 3W, just silly how easy it is to hit straight. Only used it off the tee since the longest iron I hit off the fairway all day was a 4i after hitting into some trees. Trying to decide if I need a tour 5W to replace my F6 baffler....really starting to like that thwack sound

Just posted today.

Cobra F9 finishes very close runner up to Cally epic Flash Sub in “that other websites” most wanted test results. Pretty much a toss up.

https://Not allowed because of spam.co...-wanted-driver/

This is great! I will sacrifice 2 yards for look, feel, sound and dispersion and $100 in my pocket lol

CALLAWAY ROGUE ST MAX TD TC - 10.5 - MMT 60

TAYLORMADE Stealth Plus- 15 / 18 - PX Hzrdus Red

TAYLORMADE Gapr Hi - 22 - KBS Hybrid

TITLEIST '23 T200 - 5-PW - Steelfiber i95

VOKEY SM9 Blk 48/53/58- KBS Hi Rev 2.0 / TM Kia Ma Montecarlo

Just posted today.

Cobra F9 finishes very close runner up to Cally epic Flash Sub in “that other websites” most wanted test results. Pretty much a toss up.

great info at the bottom of the article about actual measured lofts and lie angles. Surprised out how upright some drivers are. Looking forward to the different swing speed data when released .thanks for sharing.

Just posted today.

great info at the bottom of the article about actual measured lofts and lie angles. Surprised out how upright some drivers are. Looking forward to the different swing speed data when released .thanks for sharing.

Yes. The lie angles vary greatly. It’s also important to note they used a 9 degree F9 which is one degree flatter than the 10.5 head. Great for certain players that fight a hook but not so great for the average Joe. They almost surely would have had better results for the slow and modest swing speed guys that battle the ball going right by using a 10.5, or at least by putting the 9 in the draw setting.

I would personally use a 10.5 tour length turned down to 9.5 draw. I don’t believe Adapter changes were made for anyone.

They also used they same shafts for everyone which certainly is not ideal. The test obviously has its flaws but it tries very hard to be “fair”.

The breakdown by swingspeed will be more interesting when they publish that.

The obvious problem with this type of super wide ranging test is that the driver that suits the 120 mph guy that fights a hook is a COMPLETELY different golf club than one that suits the 95 mph guy that fights a slice.

I did not realize the 9* is flatter. That explains why I am getting along with it much better than the 10.5 I hit during my fitting. Its actually been launching a bit too high, going to try to play it at 8* and open. I was getting nice little fall off cuts at the range but have not tried it in that setting on the course yet

I have never owned a Cobra driver.....but my goodness the F9 has been good to me so far. Tour length with 70 stiff Atmos Black set in draw setting. Club is really good. Buddy of mine usually hits it 5 yards further than me off the tee, but I have been hitting it by him and he cannot stand it. He is selling his M4 and buying a M6.

Ping G425 
Ping G410
XR 16 3 and 4 Hybrid
Titleist T300 w/MMT 125s
SeeMore Putter
Vokey Wedges

I have never owned a Cobra driver.....but my goodness the F9 has been good to me so far. Tour length with 70 stiff Atmos Black set in draw setting. Club is really good. Buddy of mine usually hits it 5 yards further than me off the tee, but I have been hitting it by him and he cannot stand it. He is selling his M4 and buying a M6.

Sounds like he should sell the M4 or a F9 lol.

I keep reading about the high praise of the Tour Length F9.

Are these available to hit anywhere? I'm in DFW so surely someone here has it if it's available.

I can't help but wonder if I might get more consistency out of it. I'm assuming the shorter shaft will play stiffer so how will it effect launch and spin?

I am going to change my Atmos TS 6 S to a Kuro Kage 60 TiNi S I’ve got lying around. It should tighten my dispersion a bit. But, the driver is phenomenal! I am absolutely blown away by the fairway woods and hybrid as well..

Callaway AI Smoke Max 10.5* Diamana GT 60 S
Callaway AI Smoke Max 5W Tensei Blue 65 S

Ping G430 4H RDX Red 6.0

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-GW Modus 105S (bent 2* weak)
Cleveland RTX6 54 & 58*
TM Spider X DB 34”

Are these available to hit anywhere? I'm in DFW so surely someone here has it if it's available.

I can't help but wonder if I might get more consistency out of it. I'm assuming the shorter shaft will play stiffer so how will it effect launch and spin?

Yes. 45+ inch shafts are the work of the devil. Find a tour length. It will change your life.

.....and no. Actually a shorter driver will play a tiny bit SOFTER if you add back enough weight to return it to its pre shortened swingweight, which in this case is 8 grams. It is a TINY, TINY amount softer, but If you are seriously concerned about this you must specify tip trimming the shaft an extra 1/2 inch. Quite honestly it is incredibly subtle and no one should worry about it.....but this is WRX.

This has been covered in many threads on shortening drivers. If you trim a driver (or any other club) significantly and DO NOT ADD BACK weight, it becomes slightly stiffer.

If you trim a driver, or ANY CLUB significantly, and add back weight to return the swingweight to its pre cut SW, it softens how it plays jsut a hair.

This is why you always tip trim a 3 wood more than a driver even when you use the same shaft, The 3 wood head is quite a bit heavier and it causes that shaft to flex more even though it is shorter.

DFW local here too.

PGA SS is good a shot as any to have the tour length.

If they don’t, maybe try Lou’s in Carrollton.

CP

Stealth Plus 9*  Ventus Blue Velocore 6X
Callaway epic flash 15* 2KXV Blue 7X
Callaway UW 19* Trono 75X
Miura MB001 4-PW KBS Tour X +1/2"
RTX Zipcore raw 52/56 mid

Vokey 60* M Grind
Bettinardi BB8W 

DFW local here too.

PGA SS is good a shot as any to have the tour length.

If they don’t, maybe try Lou’s in Carrollton.

CP

Most decently high volume stores will order one in if they know there is any serious interest. Just ask.

Yes. 45+ inch shafts are the work of the devil. Find a tour length. It will change your life.

.....and no. Actually a shorter driver will play a tiny bit SOFTER if you add back enough weight to return it to its pre shortened swingweight, which in this case is 8 grams. It is a TINY, TINY amount softer, but If you are seriously concerned about this you must specify tip trimming the shaft an extra 1/2 inch. Quite honestly it is incredibly subtle and no one should worry about it.....but this is WRX.

This has been covered in many threads on shortening drivers. If you trim a driver (or any other club) significantly and DO NOT ADD BACK weight, it becomes slightly stiffer.

If you trim a driver, or ANY CLUB significantly, and add back weight to return the swingweight to its pre cut SW, it softens how it plays jsut a hair.

This is why you always tip trim a 3 wood more than a driver even when you use the same shaft, The 3 wood head is quite a bit heavier and it causes that shaft to flex more even though it is shorter.

I appreciate the thorough response. I'm actually somewhat concerned that the X flex is slightly too stiff for me. So maybe softening the shaft would be a good think. Maybe I'll bite the bullet and order one. I cant make up my mind between the F9 and the ST190. Thinking about ordering both.

I appreciate the thorough response. I'm actually somewhat concerned that the X flex is slightly too stiff for me. So maybe softening the shaft would be a good think. Maybe I'll bite the bullet and order one. I cant make up my mind between the F9 and the ST190. Thinking about ordering both.

Or conversely, if you are between flexes, perhaps order a stiff and have them tip it an inch. I’m a big fan of softer if you’re in between. If you don’t want to feel like you have to work so hard to get it to kick for you that’s a good way to go.

I actually swing 110 mph and I use a 12 year old Grafalloy Blue in stiff tipped 2 inches. It’s basically a soft X now.

Or conversely, if you are between flexes, perhaps order a stiff and have them tip it an inch. I’m a big fan of softer if you’re in between. If you don’t want to feel like you have to work so hard to get it to kick for you that’s a good way to go.

I actually swing 110 mph and I use a 12 year old Grafalloy Blue in stiff tipped 2 inches. It’s basically a soft X now.

Looks like I might have to play the stiff tipped 1 inch. I didn't realize the F9 doesn't offer the TS Blue 6X til just now. I appreciate the tip.

Maybe I'm just noticing this, but how come the Atmos TS Blue 6X isn't offered? Has it always been that way?

There’s other mid launch choices in 60 gram X. Hzrdus yellow 65, aldila no kkxv 60. Evenflow Blue 65

I still think you ought to try and S tipped an inch.

I will be tipping my ATMOS 6s an inch as I am between s and x. How much weight do I need to add to the head to bring it to D4? Looks like stock is D3

Driver: Ping G430 Max 10K Kai'li White 60x

3w: Epic Flash Hzrdus 70x

Hybrid: Cally Apex 19°

4i-Pw: Ping i200 PX 6.0

Wedges: SM9 50° / 54° / 58°

Putter: Cally Ten S