2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Cobra's new King F9 Speedback Driver, Woods, Hybrids and Irons (NO BUY SELL TRADE POSTS)

GolfWRX

“Awesome” condition white F9 Atmos Black on 3balls with extra 20% off code “weekend”= $270 shipped.

GO!

You’re welcome. I’d buy it but I have one. I did pick up a G400 LST for a steal.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1237994-my-carls-golfland-contest-fitting-experience-grab-a-drink/"]My Carl's Golfland / GolfWRX WITB story[/url]

Cobra F9, Atmos Black TS 6X
Titleist TS3 3w, Atmos Black TS 7s

Titleist 510 3i Atmos Black TS 9x
Srixon U85 4, z785 5-PW Modus 120x
Titleist Vokey SM5 50F/54M/58M, DG TIS400
EVNRoll ER5

"Awesome" condition white F9 Atmos Black on 3balls with extra 20% off code "weekend"= $270 shipped.

GO!

You're welcome. I'd buy it but I have one. I did pick up a G400 LST for a steal.

Now, that is a steal.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

My pic had tax and shipping but dang somebody take it. A finder’s fee wouldn’t be rejected.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1237994-my-carls-golfland-contest-fitting-experience-grab-a-drink/"]My Carl's Golfland / GolfWRX WITB story[/url]

Cobra F9, Atmos Black TS 6X
Titleist TS3 3w, Atmos Black TS 7s

Titleist 510 3i Atmos Black TS 9x
Srixon U85 4, z785 5-PW Modus 120x
Titleist Vokey SM5 50F/54M/58M, DG TIS400
EVNRoll ER5

I've never understood the idea of tipping. Help me out here.... If your in-between flexes wouldn't it be prudent to find a shaft with a different flex in either the mid section or the end? To bring you closer to spec. Once you tip a shaft you have absolutely changed its profile no???

No. Tipping is “fine tuning”. It doesn’t effect the profile. People on this site talk about it easy too much. It stiffens up, or “tightens” up the shaft if you are between shafts or if you are a 120 mph+ bomber and need stiffer than X or TX. It also lowers spin a touch for the high speed guys.

I was doing some research and many manufacturers state that tipping will absolutely change the profile of the shaft. I am all for it and I am sure there are way way better players than me that understand what tipping does for them and I will always agree with them. I am 51 and swing speed is between 100 and 104 max so I don't think it would make any difference for me. I was just thinking out loud looking at some videos on tipping and having these strong views from the OEM's.

I think people are getting hung up on terminology. Of course tipping changes the “profile” Of the shaft. The tip is the softest part of any golf shaft. When you trim it it you make the shaft tip stiffer. So yes, the “profile” technically changes. The shaft is not suddenly radically different is all I’m saying. It just makes it stiffer and less active.

When you make a 3 wood you take a driver shaft and you generally tip it an extra Half inch.. It’s the same shaft, just stiffer, because the heavier head of the 3 wood would make the club play too soft if you DIDNT tip it. If you want your clubs to maintain a similar flex and feel throughout your set, the shaft get stiffer as they get shorter because the heads get heavier.

The shorter a club gets, the heavier each head gets, the stiffer each shaft gets to keep it from flexing too much. You can visually see the same thing on stepped iron shafts. Each club shorter has 1/2 inch less tip section to stiffen it up and counter the heavier head.

No one would say that a Dynamic gold X100 8 iron shaft has a different “profile” than a X100 7 iron shaft even though it has a 1/2 inch shorter last step to make it stiffer.

Tipping a driver shaft is essentially the equivalent concept of hard stepping an iron. It doesnt suddenly become a “different” shaft.

For those looking for additional weights (I know Cobra has some weights back ordered), for some reason my F9 tour shipped with an extra 14g weight I have no intention of using. If interested message me, I will probably put it on the BST once I can take a picture (nothing crazy, just $20 shipped).

and she's gone...

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

I've never understood the idea of tipping. Help me out here.... If your in-between flexes wouldn't it be prudent to find a shaft with a different flex in either the mid section or the end? To bring you closer to spec. Once you tip a shaft you have absolutely changed its profile no???

No. Tipping is “fine tuning”. It doesn’t effect the profile. People on this site talk about it easy too much. It stiffens up, or “tightens” up the shaft if you are between shafts or if you are a 120 mph+ bomber and need stiffer than X or TX. It also lowers spin a touch for the high speed guys.

I was doing some research and many manufacturers state that tipping will absolutely change the profile of the shaft. I am all for it and I am sure there are way way better players than me that understand what tipping does for them and I will always agree with them. I am 51 and swing speed is between 100 and 104 max so I don't think it would make any difference for me. I was just thinking out loud looking at some videos on tipping and having these strong views from the OEM's.

I think people are getting hung up on terminology. Of course tipping changes the “profile” Of the shaft. The tip is the softest part of any golf shaft. When you trim it it you make the shaft tip stiffer. So yes, the “profile” technically changes. The shaft is not suddenly radically different is all I’m saying. It just makes it stiffer and less active.

When you make a 3 wood you take a driver shaft and you generally tip it an extra Half inch.. It’s the same shaft, just stiffer, because the heavier head of the 3 wood would make the club play too soft if you DIDNT tip it. If you want your clubs to maintain a similar flex and feel throughout your set, the shaft get stiffer as they get shorter because the heads get heavier.

The shorter a club gets, the heavier each head gets, the stiffer each shaft gets to keep it from flexing too much.

Agree with this re shaft profile. The profile is technically being changed, but tip trimming has the same effect regardless, so based on interpretation it could be a bit misleading to say the profile really is changing. Fine-tuning really is the right term for it and is where proper fitting and testing come into play, or just knowing how that tuning affects you from prior experience based on the profile of the shaft.

I’m not sure if anyone is paying attention to eBay listings, but ksouth9 is blowing out a ton of “near mint” F9 drivers in a variety of stock shafts at auction with no reserve. Selling Range has been 295-335 over the last couple days. I just got a 10.5 with a hzrdus yellow for 302 plus $12 shipping.

10.5 with Atmos blue stiff just went for $322.

Can anyone confirm what length tip to end of grip cobra shafts without CobraConnect would need to be to play at 45”?

From my measurements, Cobra Playing Length is 1.25” on top of shaft length to get their reported playing length.

I’m looking at an aftermarket shaft for the F9 and want to confirm prior to the WTB response.

I’m not sure if anyone is paying attention to eBay listings, but ksouth9 is blowing out a ton of “near mint” F9 drivers in a variety of stock shafts at auction with no reserve. Selling Range has been 295-335 over the last couple days. I just got a 10.5 with a hzrdus yellow for 302 plus $12 shipping.

That dude always has good stuff and I’ve never personally dealt with him but I’d be a little nervous to as I’ve heard some not so good things.

That dude always has good stuff and I’ve never personally dealt with him but I’d be a little nervous to as I’ve heard some not so good things.

He's GTG. 118k+ feedback

Yes. I know. There have been accusations of shill bidding and mysteriously canceled orders but I dont think he’s blatantly selling dozens of counterfeit F9’s in plain sight.

I dont know how he can make any money at just over $300 but maybe he can. Super High volume and low overhead goes a long way these days for online sellers.

I will give that a shot. Feel wise, higher hits feel more harsh than slightly lower strikes. It feels like I almost sky them but face strike is really only 1cm above center. Low strikes very forgiving though

Funny you should say that. I've been hitting it at PGASS where I can't get the tee very low. I thought it felt harsh as well, but maybe the tee is not low enough to flush it.

I’ve been teeing it lower ever since my LTD. feels better with F9 teed a little lower as well.

Hit a little squeeze fade over and over and over

CP

Stealth Plus 9*  Ventus Blue Velocore 6X
Callaway epic flash 15* 2KXV Blue 7X
Callaway UW 19* Trono 75X
Miura MB001 4-PW KBS Tour X +1/2"
RTX Zipcore raw 52/56 mid

Vokey 60* M Grind
Bettinardi BB8W 

I will give that a shot. Feel wise, higher hits feel more harsh than slightly lower strikes. It feels like I almost sky them but face strike is really only 1cm above center. Low strikes very forgiving though

Funny you should say that. I've been hitting it at PGASS where I can't get the tee very low. I thought it felt harsh as well, but maybe the tee is not low enough to flush it.

When you flush it you will know it, more muted thwack and feels like you are hitting a rubber ball that just jumps off the face

Do the Tour Length drivers feel any lighter than standard length? I've been going back and forth between the F9 and ST190. I may just buy both and play both to see which wins. However, the F9 feels a little heavy in the head for me, especially compared to the ST190. I'm wondering if the Tour Version might help that some.

Do the Tour Length drivers feel any lighter than standard length? I've been going back and forth between the F9 and ST190. I may just buy both and play both to see which wins. However, the F9 feels a little heavy in the head for me, especially compared to the ST190. I'm wondering if the Tour Version might help that some.

Cobra adds the weight back to the head to make it D3 for tour length. You can always do tour length and specify lighter weights.

Cobra adds the weight back to the head to make it D3 for tour length. You can always do tour length and specify lighter weights.

Yes. They change BOTH weights to heavier weights in the Tour length. You could just change one.

The standards are 14 and 2

The tour weight are 18 and 6. They add 8 grams total to keep the swingweight the same.

If you want it lighter only make one weight heavier. Do an 18 and 2 perhaps. It would swingweight at about D-0 to D-1. They sell them on the web site for $25.

When they say only hit on indoor range, they are brand new never hit, at least that is always the case with other things they sell.

When they say only hit on indoor range, they are brand new never hit, at least that is always the case with other things they sell.

Right. It’s just a way of getting around the minimum suggested retail prices of the manufacturers that care, mainly Ping and Titleist. Cobra doesn’t really care but I guess they want to list them the same as they always do out of habit.

Does anyone know if there are any differences in the driver head between the women's version and the men's other than the loft and color?

I was thinking of picking up a women's head because I like the colorways the most, I like a lot of loft on my driver, and they are about $100 cheaper on the secondary market.

The womens F9 is a 460 cc head and a 59.5 lie angle and has the same stock weights. Looks the same to me other than loft.

Same for the Junior head. If anyone needs a higher lofted driver head at a discounted price that would be a real consideration. Retails for $100 less.

I was wondering how long it would take before this became a talking point here.

Based on a couple of clubs I’ve bought from them in the past, they’ve been nice enough to re-package them in the OEM shrink wrap on the head after they were only hit on mats in an indoor range a few times. Seems like that would be a pain in the fanny but I guess they go the extra mile to make it look like a brand new club.