Cobra's new King F9 Speedback Driver, Woods, Hybrids and Irons (NO BUY SELL TRADE POSTS)

GolfWRX

Does anyone know if there are any differences in the driver head between the women's version and the men's other than the loft and color?

I was thinking of picking up a women's head because I like the colorways the most, I like a lot of loft on my driver, and they are about $100 cheaper on the secondary market.

The womens F9 is a 460 cc head and a 59.5 lie angle and has the same stock weights. Looks the same to me other than loft.

Same for the Junior head. If anyone needs a higher lofted driver head at a discounted price that would be a real consideration. Retails for $100 less.

I was wondering how long it would take before this became a talking point here.

Seriously. If you don’t give a lick about the junior shaft because you are going to play one you already have and you could really use the 11-14 degree loft then grabbing one of these would be a great way to save some dough. I’m sure you can get one for under $280 from some of the online guys. I imagine you could find one in a couple months used for down around $200.

Obviously if you want a standard shaft from Cobra it’s not an option. You can only get a “junior” shaft with it but if you have a favorite shaft at home and want a higher loft this is a great option.

So, I upgraded to the F9 from my F8+. Switched to the Átmos Black 6x shaft. Ordered it 1” shorter.

The nice surprise is that they sent it with an 18g weight instead of the 14g weight. I did not request it. I was resigned to the fact of using lead tape. It did come with a 2g back weight. I added a little lead tape to the back and liked it a lot more.

But, it is those little things which keeps me coming back to Cobra.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5 w/Evenflow Riptide CB X-Stiff 
Cobra F8+ 14.5* Rouge Silver X-Stiff

Cobra F8+ 18* Rouge Silver X-Stiff
Srxion 4-6 ZX5 irons, ZX7 7-PW irons w/PX LZ 6.0
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50, 54, 58 x/PX LZ 6.0
Sik Flo or Sik DW or Edel or SGC Norwood 

Demo day at my club today in Jupiter FL. I hit all the new stuff after my round. BTW,I played well today shooting 2 under par 70. My current driver is a Ping GMax digitally lofted 9 degree with Tour AD IZ 6x at 45.25. I'm very confident with this set-up and can work the ball both ways, but felt I was spinning it a bit much... watching roll out (or lack thereof...lol) and noticing that my ball often picks up mud even when the conditions aren't that wet.

Anyway, the F9 gave me the best results out of all the new stuff. The Ping G410 plus with Tour X shaft was a close second, but the F9 at 45" with Atmos Black 6x launched higher and consistently spun 400-600 less than my Gmax (which I love). I went from ~11.5 launch at 2900 to ~13 and 2400 with the F9 and was hitting it straighter as well.

I've played too well with it to dump the GMax AD IZ 6x, but I'll likely sell some excess inventory on the BST to fund an F9 Atmos Black experiment...lol! Feel was smooth, solid, and muted with the Cobra. Sweet driver no doubt!

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

So, I upgraded to the F9 from my F8+. Switched to the Átmos Black 6x shaft. Ordered it 1” shorter.

The nice surprise is that they sent it with an 18g weight instead of the 14g weight. I did not request it. I was resigned to the fact of using lead tape. It did come with a 2g back weight. I added a little lead tape to the back and liked it a lot more.

But, it is those little things which keeps me coming back to Cobra.

They probably would have given you a 6 gram for the back like the tour length if they had them. They are out. That’s why the Tour length has been backordered for a while.

In house rep told me a week ago the Tour Length has been Waaaaaaay more popular than expected.

What’s the over/under on how long it takes to see aftermarket weights on Fleabay? I check every day.

I want different weights for the one I just bought but I’m admittedly way too cheap to spend $25 a pop plus tax and shipping.

Come on Chinese Counterfeiters! Get your act together! Let’s see some product.

• Like 1

Whats the over/under on how long it takes to see aftermarket weights on Fleabay? I check every day.

I want different weights for the one I just bought but Im admittedly way too cheap to spend $25 a pop plus tax and shipping.

Come on Chinese Counterfeiters! Get your act together! Lets see some product.

And I hope we see heavier weights for the tour fairway from the aftermarket channel. I can’t believe that cobra only sells the stock 12 gram weight for that head. You would figure guys buying the tour head are more likely to cut it down and need to raise the swing weight back up. Maybe Cobra offered it at one time but kat time I checked you could only buy the stock weight for the tour fairway.

Whats the over/under on how long it takes to see aftermarket weights on Fleabay? I check every day.

I want different weights for the one I just bought but Im admittedly way too cheap to spend $25 a pop plus tax and shipping.

Come on Chinese Counterfeiters! Get your act together! Lets see some product.

And I hope we see heavier weights for the tour fairway from the aftermarket channel. I can’t believe that cobra only sells the stock 12 gram weight for that head. You would figure guys buying the tour head are more likely to cut it down and need to raise the swing weight back up. Maybe Cobra offered it at one time but kat time I checked you could only buy the stock weight for the tour fairway.

Weird. I could swear there were other choices listed for the Tour fairway a couple weeks ago.

What’s the over/under on how long it takes to see aftermarket weights on Fleabay? I check every day.

I want different weights for the one I just bought but I’m admittedly way too cheap to spend $25 a pop plus tax and shipping.

Come on Chinese Counterfeiters! Get your act together! Let’s see some product.

This!

I just had an Aldila ATX Tour Green installed in my F9 3/4 Tour, and it's a little over my ideal swing weight. A 10g weight would make it perfect for me. We have a fitting/demo day at a local Golftown tomorrow, so I'll ask the rep about other weights

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

I hit the F9 today with multiple shafts during a fitting. Really solid club. Looked better than the F8 in my opinion, felt very solid and sounded great. For whatever reason the head kept producing too much spin for me. I wanted to like it but it just didn’t work for me.

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

Got mine in yesterday, Avalanche color 10.5 with UST Helium F3. Man this driver is sweet, long and surprisingly very forgiving. Goodbye Taylor Made M2, F9 is in the bag. Going to shop for a 3 wood now.

DRIVER -     PXG Black OPs Tour 1 - 8* | 🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥   
2 WD -         PXG Gen 6  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

2/3/4 Hybrids- PXG Gen 6 | Accra Tour 90i Stiff

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
GRIPS -       JUMBOMAX ULTRALIGHT 
PUTTER -   PXG Battle Ready Gunboat w/M16 Stability Shaft
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

10-13 fairways and massive long today w my regular 4 some. My buddy w his M4 was 5 yards longer on avg vs me a few weeks ago when I had the wrong set up but I was 10 yards further w our best on best today. Kinda funny as he went to my drive on 3 holes and said Damon man who's Srixon :-) (told him TM to the back from now on...) Loving the 7x w 8* head. Baby draws all day long w the 3 bad drives in the right rough twice and one overcooked draw on dog leg trying to cut the corner. This club is the real deal....watch out senior circuit this year come tourney time . Even playing the 2g up front for added forgiveness not needing the extra low spin anymore. F9 proved itself today. Ps. Easily best feeling and sounding club I've ever hit but coming from Ping that was pretty easy.

What a driver this F9. Absolutely effin' brilliant. Hands down.

Anyway. As you were.

Decided to stick with my Callaway - if anyone interested in brand new 10.5 Avalanche White with Atmos TS Blue 6S let me know

PM me might be interested

LTDx 9* AD-VR6x 

Cleveland Launcher Xl Halo 15*

Rad Speed 19* Hybrid

ZX5 MKII 5-AW

CBX 2 54*

TM Big Foot 58*

Odyssey Versa 3 T

Chrome Soft X-LS

Surprised so many are talking about the bottom of the drivers for appearance. White yellow black? What's the difference? The St190G is ugly as he'll on the bottom imo with those dual train tracks but is sublime at address from the photos I've viewed from top view. Maybe I'm missing something here and people are referring to the 2 spines on top or the wings . Is it the bottom of the club that some are having issues with? Really doesn't matter but I don't follow some of the statements clearly. On a positive note it seems to have the fastest ball speeds of any modern driver .F9 may become a legend in 2019 but we will see.

I must say I love the bottom of these clubs. The yellow is fantastic, polarizing yes, but fantastic!

Totally agree. Good for Cobra just doing something different.

Callaway Epic Speed 9* 
Titleist TS2 15

Titleist TS2 21
Titlleist 913 H  27 deg.
New Level 902 PD  6 - PW

Vokey SM5 58, 50
Pro V1x Left Dash

What a driver this F9. Absolutely effin' brilliant. Hands down.

Anyway. As you were.

Decided to stick with my Callaway - if anyone interested in brand new 10.5 Avalanche White with Atmos TS Blue 6S let me know

PM me might be interested

I always find this particular type of post,,,,,, interesting.

Instead of posting this, why wouldn't you PM him ? :blink:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

has anyone built a "rickie'esque" F9 4iron with a graphite shaft for yourself. what shaft did you put in with what swingspeed?

i think i get one but, i only have about 95ss driver ss, but no idea what shaft would suit. can't hit fairways and hybrids. so just looking for something to hit fairways.

thanks

I was thinking of doing this with the KBS iron graphite shafts.

Lets have some fun here this evening fellas....I have been around here for a while now and don't think I have ever asked this type of question.

I am going to get a f9 to compare against some other nonsense I have sitting here in front of me, and I am going to buy it on the fly with no demo.

On an average day, I have a ball speed around 160, and a swing speed around 106 when swinging smoothly.....I would say I have a slightly hard transition.

Shafts I am considering...Atmos TS blue X......Atmos TS Black x (probably more than I want to take on)…….Smoke 6.0 Stiff......Smoke 6.0 X stiff.....

What say you.....

Lets have some fun here this evening fellas....I have been around here for a while now and don't think I have ever asked this type of question.

I am going to get a f9 to compare against some other nonsense I have sitting here in front of me, and I am going to buy it on the fly with no demo.

On an average day, I have a ball speed around 160, and a swing speed around 106 when swinging smoothly.....I would say I have a slightly hard transition.

Shafts I am considering...Atmos TS blue X......Atmos TS Black x (probably more than I want to take on)…….Smoke 6.0 Stiff......Smoke 6.0 X stiff.....

What say you.....

I’ve got very similar numbers and tempo. Hzrdus Smoke 70 6.0 at Tour Length is the winner for me.

What say you.....

My driver ss is 107-109 and I went with ATMOS blue 6s. I will probably tip it an inch and add weight to the head

Driver: Ping G430 Max 10K Kai'li White 60x

3w: Epic Flash Hzrdus 70x

Hybrid: Cally Apex 19°

4i-Pw: Ping i200 PX 6.0

Wedges: SM9 50° / 54° / 58°

Putter: Cally Ten S

What say you.....

Same speeds as you maybe couple mph faster. When I was fit and tested the F9,I was anywhere from 106 to 108. Strong translation. Went with Tour length D4 and Pro Orange 60tx. Shafts is smooth and stout. But if you have a hard or harder transition the shaft just feels smooth all over. Doesn’t feel stiff at all.

I say that,but the Atmos TS black felt like garbage to me. You may like the Atmos TS black though.

just purchased my F9 Speedback Driver! 8*+ Avalanche

playing with my 65g Kuro Kage XT that was on my King LTD Pro, couldn't believe the gains this thing had over my LTD pro....

Ball speed numbers were increased by 5 MPH than usual, with the weight forward, I was able to get a personal long... and it was so much more forgiving than the LTD for me personally.

Ball speed: 165.4

Distance: 295 YDS

Total Distance: 328 YDS

Back Spin: 1933 RPMS

Side Spin: -64 RPM

this might be the best driver for value on the market right now. The fact that its $150 CDN cheaper than the other offerings is HUGE.

My F9 is currently locked in a battle with my G400 Max

More accurate with my G400 Max, longer with my F9. I'm switching shafts on my F9 and if I can get similar accuracy to my G400 Max and keep the distance, I will put the F9 in play. Just can't justify switching with the 2-3 misses each round. My G400 Max with Tour AD is an automatic fairway finding machine.

AI Smoke Triple Diamond 

HiBore 2w “Unicorn”

G410 3w & 3h

Currently testing the rest 🙂