Cobra's new King F9 Speedback Driver, Woods, Hybrids and Irons (NO BUY SELL TRADE POSTS)

GolfWRX

Golf Galaxy in Cincy has them out today. Launch monitor there sucks and they weren't thrilled with me hitting it, so I probably only hit a dozen balls. Would be shocked if It doesn't end up in my bag this year.

Yellow isn't for everyone, but is absolutely pops in person. The black, yellow, and red look like Ferrari made a driver. Gizmos on head are well hidden. I heard they're much more visible on the white head.

Only shaft they had was the stock Atmos. Averaged 10 yards longer with the F9 than the used Rogue with the Evenflow in it I compared it too.

Wasn't crazy about the fairway wood. Seemed a little too compact for my eye. Didnt get a chance to hit it.

GG always gives me shady looks when asking to hit clubs or spend more than 2 minutes on the putting green with two different models. PGA SS in Orlando was super chill and I was essentially left alone for 30 minutes as I hit a few different clubs and putters. Shame cause I don't have a PGA SS near me and have to deal with GG and their pressure system.

Drives me nuts. Was back in there today, had a bunch of stocking stuffers in my hands, and the guy flat refused to let me hit the fairway wood.

Golf Galaxy in Cincy has them out today. Launch monitor there sucks and they weren't thrilled with me hitting it, so I probably only hit a dozen balls. Would be shocked if It doesn't end up in my bag this year.

Yellow isn't for everyone, but is absolutely pops in person. The black, yellow, and red look like Ferrari made a driver. Gizmos on head are well hidden. I heard they're much more visible on the white head.

Only shaft they had was the stock Atmos. Averaged 10 yards longer with the F9 than the used Rogue with the Evenflow in it I compared it too.

Wasn't crazy about the fairway wood. Seemed a little too compact for my eye. Didnt get a chance to hit it.

GG always gives me shady looks when asking to hit clubs or spend more than 2 minutes on the putting green with two different models. PGA SS in Orlando was super chill and I was essentially left alone for 30 minutes as I hit a few different clubs and putters. Shame cause I don't have a PGA SS near me and have to deal with GG and their pressure system.

Drives me nuts. Was back in there today, had a bunch of stocking stuffers in my hands, and the guy flat refused to let me hit the fairway wood.

Are they not supposed to be available to demo, or are they just too lazy to get the bay ready for someone to try a club? I guess, would it be the same story if you wanted to try something currently available?

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

I don’t think retail golf shops like Golf Galaxy have any business turning away demo clubs for trial. Last I checked that’s what the DEMO part means...BB

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

I don't think retail golf shops like Golf Galaxy have any business turning away demo clubs for trial. Last I checked that's what the DEMO part means...BB

I guess I was more or less wondering if they were technically under some sort of embargo where they weren't "supposed" to allow the demos to be used yet. I just cannot believe a store would last long with employees with that kind of attitude.

TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

If that’s the case they should not be visible to the customers. If I’m a manager I would HOPE those bays are buzzing with club trials.

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

Hit the Tour 3 wood today. Not sure the exact name. It seemed to me to have a bit of a deeper face than the f8+, which I owned. I really liked the look. Feel was good with the milled face. Distance and trajectory seemed good. I will go back and get some numbers in the next few weeks but I am pretty sure this is going in the bag as soon as it is available.

This has probably been mentioned, but I am hoping to avoid going through every post on the thread :)

Does anyone know what these will sell for at retail? Are they going $500+ like most other OEM's?

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

This has probably been mentioned, but I am hoping to avoid going through every post on the thread :)

Does anyone know what these will sell for at retail? Are they going $500+ like most other OEM's?

Solid, probably 550 here. Cheaper than most. Thank you Cobra

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Thanks! Will be under serious consideration. Wonder how it compares to the F8+ which can be had for an absolute steal right now.

TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

Thanks! Will be under serious consideration. Wonder how it compares to the F8+ which can be had for an absolute steal right now.

yep I just got a steal on my new f8+ 3wood (100.00 + shipping) .maybe my search is over for that part of my bag I can never settle on.

Biggest takeaway for me is that they're finally making heads in different lofts. About time, as someone who hits the ball on the lower side but also hits draws, the lofting up and closing of the face kept me away from Cobra for a while. I'll give this a look.

pings were the worst for that. Recent cobra convert and love the my fly adaptor on my f8 .no matter the setting face is always square.

Biggest takeaway for me is that they're finally making heads in different lofts. About time, as someone who hits the ball on the lower side but also hits draws, the lofting up and closing of the face kept me away from Cobra for a while. I'll give this a look.

pings were the worst for that. Recent cobra convert and love the my fly adaptor on my f8 .no matter the setting face is always square.

hmm really ? Any time I add loft to a cobra club it always shuts the face. It’s a single cog adapter. Not sure how it couldn’t close it.

Ping G430 Max 10.5 Tensei Orange AV Raw 55 Reg

Ping G430 SFT 5w 19* Alta Black Reg

Ping G430 SFT 7w 23* Alta Black Reg

Tour Edge Xrail 5h 26* Graphite Design G-Series Reg

Ping G425 6-UW Alta Slate Reg

Ping Glide 4.0 56* WS Nippon Z-115

Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 60* DG Spinner

Cleveland Smart Sole C 4.0 

Ping 2023 Anser D

Handicap: 8.2

hmm really ? Any time I add loft to a cobra club it always shuts the face. It's a single cog adapter. Not sure how it couldn't close it.

I think it was the Smart Pad (don't know if they still call it that or not). It would always bring the club back to square assuming you grounded the club when you gripped it.

TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

hmm really ? Any time I add loft to a cobra club it always shuts the face. It's a single cog adapter. Not sure how it couldn't close it.

not for sure. It has 2 draw settings for the 9.5 and 10.5 and also neutral settings for each of those also. Pretty cool to have both options. The 8 8.5 and 11 are all just neutral. Pretty cool adaptor. My pings always closed if you went up 0.6 or 1 degree or open when going down .only square was the 9 or 10.5 depending on the head.

When is the official web info release of the line? Is it matching the retail release?

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 Mizuno MMT 80X

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 4 Iron Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

so many posts about the new f9 driver here. would really like to replace my flyz driver but can't afford the new f9. looking at the f8 as I can lkely get it very reasonable. other than some better aerodynamics, am I really losing much or anything by going with the F8?

This isn't a complete answer for the simple fact that I haven't seen let alone hit the F9. But I can attest that the F8+ is a bomber. Looks plus feel plus sound, it's the best driver I've ever bagged.

Cobra Aerojet 10.5 +1.5 Mitsubishi Kai'li S
Cobra LTDx 5w PX Hzrdus green 5.5

Cobra King Utility 20.5 Elements Chrome S 20.5

Mizuno 243 5-P DG S200
Corey Paul 52, 56, 60 
Mizuno OMOI 3 black 35"
Emeritus set:  Mizuno MP20 HMB 5, MMC 6-8, MP 9-P KBS C-taper Lite R 

First ever driver fitting today for the Cobra F9 at Encinitas Ranch in San Diego, CA. Shout out to Cobra fitter Brandon Dickinson!! Awesome guy and really knows his stuff. It was very enlightening to hear his thoughts and especially his justifications behind his recommendations. He told me he used to work for Adams and Callaway and builds clubs for Cobra pro's so obviously this guy knows his stuff! Also a former long driver hitter so he definitely knows driver!

I am not a big hitter I can get low 100's but my comfort zone is mid 90's. 260 yard drives are where I live these days. I am a 3.2 HC and driver accuracy is a strength. I've been working hard on my swing the last few months, especially trying to eliminate an early release (flipping) and take out the left side of the course. My swing has really changed from hard draws to a straight ball with a slight fade as a miss. The only club I am ok with a draw now is the driver. My dispersion has really tightened up and so has my scores!

I took about 5 swings with my current driver Adams XTD 10.5 with White Tie 6 Stiff and for I would say they represented my normal swing. This club has been my go to for a while now, I have tried out various drivers the latest and greatest and keep coming back to this one. I am so comfortable with it, hit a lot of fairways and to me it feels powerful and have hit some of my longest drives with it. After the 5 swings and the trackman analysis with the Adams XTD he was saying its a great driver for firm conditions with roll-out but I was not getting enough carry and my spin was too low. My SS averaged 95 and was getting 1700-1900 spin. He said it was straight but just falling out of the air. He said I hit up on the ball 3 degrees so that's one of the reasons I have really low spin.

He first put me into a F9 9 degree with Evenflow blue 76g stiff and we quickly realized it was not enough launch and spin. Next was F9 10.5 with Atmos Blue Tour Spec Stiff (stock offering) and was blown away with the launch and feel. Much higher and it felt so smooth but stable. He said my Adams was launching at 12 degrees and this combo was 14 degrees. We went to the trackman numbers and we immediately saw an extra 11 yards of carry and about 2300 spin was where he wanted me at. I said "done!! Write up the specs! " He says "you're gonna make it that easy on me?" I laughed and said what else can you do?

He takes out the UST Helium Proto F4 59 gram. I absolutely blast the first shot high and straight. He quickly tells me 2500 hundred spin, 15 degree launch and an extra 5-7 yards of carry over the Atmos TS Blue. I continue to hit more shots with the same result. It was very consistent and he was quick to point out it didn't go left which was my miss. In golfwrx club ho fashion I question him and say well are you sure this shaft won't balloon on me? I told him of my plans to increase my SS this year and try to get back to 105 he says no this shaft is super stable and to 'watch this". He effortlessly hits the same combo in front of me trying his best to dial it down to 105mph but unsuccessfully his two dialed down swings were 118mph and 113mph with no ballooning and a beautiful flight. We look at trackman and he shows me see even with those swings still only 3300 spin. :rofl: I guess that's one way to convince me that shaft is good enough for me!! Haha.

So to summarize my current driver and what I thought was great was just ok. I conservatively have added 15-18 yards of carry with more launch and more spin. He said one of my drives got out to 280 after roll. I am very excited to order this combo F9 10.5 with Helium and see the on course results but this experience was really eye opening. I think what took me so long to actually do this was I was never really happy with my swing so why would I get fitted to something I am not happy with. Lesson's have been paying off so I am glad to have got this fitting to get even more optimized for what my new swing can do. I would say if you are happy with your swing get fitted! What you think you know may work but may not be optimal.

By the way this driver checks all the boxes for me. Looks fast! Sound and feel is perfect to me and the shape behind the ball fits me eye. I love the Adams XTD but it sure is ugly!

I will report back after some real world testing once I get the driver! I am having trouble yellow or avalanche?

CALLAWAY ROGUE ST MAX TD TC - 10.5 - MMT 60

TAYLORMADE Stealth Plus- 15 / 18 - PX Hzrdus Red

TAYLORMADE Gapr Hi - 22 - KBS Hybrid

TITLEIST '23 T200 - 5-PW - Steelfiber i95

VOKEY SM9 Blk 48/53/58- KBS Hi Rev 2.0 / TM Kia Ma Montecarlo

First ever driver fitting today for the Cobra F9 at Encinitas Ranch in San Diego, CA. Shout out to Cobra fitter Brandon Dickinson!! Awesome guy and really knows his stuff. It was very enlightening to hear his thoughts and especially his justifications behind his recommendations. He told me he used to work for Adams and Callaway and builds clubs for Cobra pro's so obviously this guy knows his stuff! Also a former long driver hitter so he definitely knows driver!

I am not a big hitter I can get low 100's but my comfort zone is mid 90's. 260 yard drives are where I live these days. I am a 3.2 HC and driver accuracy is a strength. I've been working hard on my swing the last few months, especially trying to eliminate an early release (flipping) and take out the left side of the course. My swing has really changed from hard draws to a straight ball with a slight fade as a miss. The only club I am ok with a draw now is the driver. My dispersion has really tightened up and so has my scores!

I took about 5 swings with my current driver Adams XTD 10.5 with White Tie 6 Stiff and for I would say they represented my normal swing. This club has been my go to for a while now, I have tried out various drivers the latest and greatest and keep coming back to this one. I am so comfortable with it, hit a lot of fairways and to me it feels powerful and have hit some of my longest drives with it. After the 5 swings and the trackman analysis with the Adams XTD he was saying its a great driver for firm conditions with roll-out but I was not getting enough carry and my spin was too low. My SS averaged 95 and was getting 1700-1900 spin. He said it was straight but just falling out of the air. He said I hit up on the ball 3 degrees so that's one of the reasons I have really low spin.

He first put me into a F9 9 degree with Evenflow blue 76g stiff and we quickly realized it was not enough launch and spin. Next was F9 10.5 with Atmos Blue Tour Spec Stiff (stock offering) and was blown away with the launch and feel. Much higher and it felt so smooth but stable. He said my Adams was launching at 12 degrees and this combo was 14 degrees. We went to the trackman numbers and we immediately saw an extra 11 yards of carry and about 2300 spin was where he wanted me at. I said "done!! Write up the specs! " He says "you're gonna make it that easy on me?" I laughed and said what else can you do?

He takes out the UST Helium Proto F4 59 gram. I absolutely blast the first shot high and straight. He quickly tells me 2500 hundred spin, 15 degree launch and an extra 5-7 yards of carry over the Atmos TS Blue. I continue to hit more shots with the same result. It was very consistent and he was quick to point out it didn't go left which was my miss. In golfwrx club ho fashion I question him and say well are you sure this shaft won't balloon on me? I told him of my plans to increase my SS this year and try to get back to 105 he says no this shaft is super stable and to 'watch this". He effortlessly hits the same combo in front of me trying his best to dial it down to 105mph but unsuccessfully his two dialed down swings were 118mph and 113mph with no ballooning and a beautiful flight. We look at trackman and he shows me see even with those swings still only 3300 spin. :rofl: I guess that's one way to convince me that shaft is good enough for me!! Haha.

So to summarize my current driver and what I thought was great was just ok. I conservatively have added 15-18 yards of carry with more launch and more spin. He said one of my drives got out to 280 after roll. I am very excited to order this combo F9 10.5 with Helium and see the on course results but this experience was really eye opening. I think what took me so long to actually do this was I was never really happy with my swing so why would I get fitted to something I am not happy with. Lesson's have been paying off so I am glad to have got this fitting to get even more optimized for what my new swing can do. I would say if you are happy with your swing get fitted! What you think you know may work but may not be optimal.

By the way this driver checks all the boxes for me. Looks fast! Sound and feel is perfect to me and the shape behind the ball fits me eye. I love the Adams XTD but it sure is ugly!

I will report back after some real world testing once I get the driver! I am having trouble yellow or avalanche?

Thanks for the great review. Will take a closer look at the F9

Callaway Rogue
Callaway Mavrik 3w
Callaway Epic hybrid
Callaway Rogue 5 wood
Mizuno MPH 5-PW
Vokey 50,56
Scotty Cameron Red X2

Bridgestone RXS

Based on this review, sounds like the 10.5 head vs the 9 head really has a spin difference when paired with a different shaft, or even the same shaft. Looks like the 10.5 has higher spin overall, more like the "avg joe" model whereas the 9 head is the "pro" model.

Coming from an LTD with a HZRDUS Red at 10.5, I'll probably go for the 10.5 head again, but perhaps with a lower launching shaft to achieve similar ball flight and launch, but a bit different spin rate to maximize carry and roll. Then again, I haven't hit a ball in two months, so I'll probably need to work on my swing before even attempting such a test lol.

Amazing! I wish I could go through that process.

Cobra LTD HZRDUS 75g 6.5 (Synergy Black 70TX tipped 1/2")
Ping 2014 Rapture 3W - Blueboard 73x5ct
Cobra F8 3 hybrid (HZRDUS Black 85 6.5)
4 Hybrid...
Srixon Z545 5-AW (SF i110 stiff)
RTX 3.0 - 54 and 58 (SF i125 stiff)
Ping Ketsch Mid 

Amazing! I wish I could go through that process.

It was completely free just email Cobra assuming its available in your area.

CALLAWAY ROGUE ST MAX TD TC - 10.5 - MMT 60

TAYLORMADE Stealth Plus- 15 / 18 - PX Hzrdus Red

TAYLORMADE Gapr Hi - 22 - KBS Hybrid

TITLEIST '23 T200 - 5-PW - Steelfiber i95

VOKEY SM9 Blk 48/53/58- KBS Hi Rev 2.0 / TM Kia Ma Montecarlo

F9 didn't feel any different than the F8 or FlyZ. I like the looks of the F9, sound was good, speed and spin was on par with previous models

I have to disagree with this statement...the Fly Z and F8 feel nothing alike. Since the Ltd then F7, F8 Cobra has really stepped up its game in the sound/feel Dept. For me they have the best sound and feel off the clubface.

Driver:  MIZUNO ST-G 440 (9.5d) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hybrid:  COBRA F7 Hybrid (22) - Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO Pro 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow or MANNKRAFTED MA-55 Flow
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag or Ogio Silencer Cart

F9 didn't feel any different than the F8 or FlyZ. I like the looks of the F9, sound was good, speed and spin was on par with previous models

I have to disagree with this statement...the Fly Z and F8 feel nothing alike. Since the Ltd then F7, F8 Cobra has really stepped up its game in the sound/feel Dept. For me they have the best sound and feel off the clubface.

Agree with this. Have owned the Fly Z and extensively tested the F8 last year indoors and out and felt the F8 was noticeably more muted and solid feeling. Had a chance to demo the F9 a bit at the local PGATSS and didn’t notice a huge difference in sound/feel begweencthe F8 and F9. F9 seemed just a touch more tingy sounding to my ear but it was a very subtle difference.

Why are there no reviews of the f9 fairway out yet? Cobra not mainstream enough for the YouTube testers?

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

I may still try one but after seeing a demo at PGASS today, does anyone besides me think the overall look is maybe a little chintzy? A little cheap looking?

No different than any others. Cally and Taylormade are pretty flashy as well. . Titleist and ping are pretty muted in design.

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

The F9 Speedback Tour fairway is muted (all black).

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled