Ping Blueprint forged irons- New photos added page 27

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

> @mkunes01 said: > Got the scoop on prices for these and it BLEW MY MIND. Going to be upwards of $2,800 per set. Generally PING offers PUD (Personal Use Discount) to professionals and retailer

I sure hate to be the bubble popper here, but I just completed my VIP fitting at the factory and was told that the Blueprint will be the first Tour-only iron that PING has ever made and that it will not be available to the public. Very sad news indeed. They sure chose a terrible time to go "Tour-only" on us...it had to be THIS one, didn't it. I hate to be the one to bring sadness to so many WRXer's.

I sure hate to be the bubble popper here, but I just completed my VIP fitting at the factory and was told that the Blueprint will be the first Tour-only iron that PING has ever made and that it will not be available to the public. Very sad news indeed. They sure chose a terrible time to go "Tour-only" on us...it had to be THIS one, didn't it. I hate to be the one to bring sadness to so many WRXer's.

Maybe, but there will be an iBlade 2, and I imagine it'll look *very* much like this.

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

Hopefully they reconsider this decision down the road..

If you want this iron, just make it to the Tour. Can’t be that hard.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 5W (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-UW (DI-95X, PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

If you want this iron, just make it to the Tour. Can’t be that hard.

Lmao, Thanks for the great advice there sparky...

Well. I guess I’ll have to put my ear to the ground. Never met a white whale I haven’t eventually caught.

Titleist tsi2 10* Mitsubishi TB 70x 

Titleist ts2 16.5 * Tensei CK pro Blue 80TX

Cobra F9  7 wood 22.5 blue board 80TX 

Titleist T100 4-pw  

Vokey sm7 50*54*58*v grind

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

Exhibit A. I500 3 iron proto I just scored. Just like Finaus. Milled off model logo. Happy hunting fellows !

Titleist tsi2 10* Mitsubishi TB 70x 

Titleist ts2 16.5 * Tensei CK pro Blue 80TX

Cobra F9  7 wood 22.5 blue board 80TX 

Titleist T100 4-pw  

Vokey sm7 50*54*58*v grind

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

I may have to wait and see on the new iBlade too. You've got to think that it'll also have a closed back ala i500. I didn't sense too much enthusiasm at the factory for the i210 for that reason, while there was still plenty of love for the i500. I'm glad that someone reminded me of that but, realistically, I'm rapidly losing strength and feeling in my hands and forearms from my latest "miracle drug". I'm going to be needing max forgiveness sooner than later but I'm not sure that I even want to play with a full-on SGI club. Perspectives change rapidly when you're sick though.

Do you think they would tell you ya, this really sweet iron is coming out later, not sure when but later, all while you are there to give them money during a fitting for a potential new set of clubs? Im not saying you are right or wrong, just that you might have been mislead on purpose for a sale. Also, didn't ping quit doing fittings at the factory (unless youre a pro) and now does them at two different golf courses?

M4 w/Accra FX-270, M2, TM UDI, S55 w/$-Taper, Glide 3.0 50/54/60 w/$-Taper, Bellum Winmore/Bettinardi, Snell

Ping is in the business of selling golf clubs not making free stuff for guys they pay.

Titleist TSi3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black 6X                  

Taylormade SIM2 Ti 15* / Fuji Ventus Black 7X               

Cally Mav Pro 20*  / Fuji Ventus Black 10TX

Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX

Cally MD5 50*,54*,60* / Mitsu MMT 125TX

Odyssey Versa #6

Do you think they would tell you ya, this really sweet iron is coming out later, not sure when but later, all while you are there to give them money during a fitting for a potential new set of clubs? Im not saying you are right or wrong, just that you might have been mislead on purpose for a sale. Also, didn't ping quit doing fittings at the factory (unless youre a pro) and now does them at two different golf courses?

The circumstances were a little unusual and there was no incentive to deceive me at all. I was there as their guest and they're really not keeping any secrets about the Blueprint. In this case, if they were available or going to be available, I would have been fit for them. My fitter also said that the Blueprint and is a pure forged muscle back blade without a lick of forgiveness. They don't think that there's even a viable market for them, given that their corporate mantra is "Play your best". They know darned well that only a scratch/plus player would get anything out of this iron. We'll all know for sure when time passes without any more word on them. Think of how many players play Taylormade protos or Titleist blades (lots) but you see so few of them in amateur's bags. There must be some marketing value to doing this....or they wouldn't do it.

The circumstances were a little unusual and there was no incentive to deceive me at all. I was there as their guest and they're really not keeping any secrets about the Blueprint. In this case, if they were available or going to be available, I would have been fit for them. My fitter also said that the Blueprint and is a pure forged muscle back blade without a lick of forgiveness. They don't think that there's even a viable market for them, given that their corporate mantra is "Play your best". They know darned well that only a scratch/plus player would get anything out of this iron. We'll all know for sure when time passes without any more word on them. Think of how many players play Taylormade protos or Titleist blades (lots) but you see so few of them in amateur's bags. There must be some marketing value to doing this....or they wouldn't do it.

I can confirm this as well. I was told that there is no plans as of now to ever release these irons. They were made at a request from a tour player. If they are ever released it will be far down the road....

I know that sticker...

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

I know that sticker...

As do I.....fond memories of years past.......

I remember when I was doing my fitting at the Tour Dept. they were about to release the original Crossover's and I was given very little info on what was forthcoming and wasn't even allowed to take a sneak peak even though it was being tested in the bay next to me. Apples to Apples, if they went with this line and shrouded the Crossover in secrecy, not giving me a chance to hit and potentially order one, they could be doing the same thing with the Blueprints. My optimistic side tells me they are playing the release close to the vest as we've historically seen from Ping but I could certainly be wrong about that.

Here's my follow up question assuming that Speeth is correct and these will never come to retail - Would that make Ping the only manufacturer making a line of irons exclusively for their tour staff? I'm not talking about a 1 off for a specific player like the Honma JR's or the Taylormade TW Blades that are hand ground etc. I'm talking about an entire iron LINE exclusively for tour staff. I can't think of anyone else off the top of my head, but is this a thing? And would it make any sense from a marketing perspective? Wouldn't you be undermining the options that you DO offer to the public?

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

^ Taylormade B and C’s. MM Protos

The MM Protos were released just rebranded as the Vapor Pro’s. And they were pieces of junk.

I don’t know anything about the TM B and C’s..... will welcome enlightenment there.

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

The demo day forum had a Ping post but for some reason it has been taken down. In it, they had pics of the Blueprint with a color code dot above the T in Blueprint. Makes me think...maybe...

PING G400 Max 10.5° (-)
(fw tbd)
PING i25 22°, 26°
Callaway XHP 6-AW
PING Glide Forged 54°, 58°
PING TR B60, 35"
Srixon Z-Star Yellow

I can confirm this as well. I was told that there is no plans as of now to ever release these irons. They were made at a request from a tour player. If they are ever released it will be far down the road....

Different info out there. At the PGA demo day this am asked one of their engineers and was told this summer. Ping enjoys being secretive.

"Only the lazy ones fail !" Paul Bertholy, PGA

[size=4]www.dougferreri.com[/size]

Different info out there. At the PGA demo day this am asked one of their engineers and was told this summer. Ping enjoys being secretive.

We will go with the info you obtained:)