Jupiter & Palm Beach Gardens Private Membership Options

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Figured I'd check-in with an update. We are absolutely loving Jupiter. The weather has been spectacular. Weve been down here since Dec. 1st and I dont think there's been more than a handful of even

> @dpb5031 said: > Figured I'd check-in with an update. We are absolutely loving Jupiter. The weather has been spectacular. Weve been down here since Dec. 1st and I dont think there's been m

Or be a 6 time super bowl champion QB.

Saw you mention Adios, Mizner CC in Delray isn’t far and worth getting out to once or twice. Had no problem getting on with a phone call and they only charged us $100. Really nice place.

I’ll second that OW knows his golf courses and is a fun guy to play with if you haven’t messaged him yet.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

What are the initiation fee and dues @ Jonathan's Landing ?

Taylormade 2016 M2 10.5* - Blue Tensei CK 70X
Taylormade SLDR Mini 14* - Fujikura Motore Speeder 77X
Callaway Apex UT 18° - Project X 6.5
Callaway Tour Authentic X-Prototype 3-PW - Project X 6.5
Vokey SM7 Raw 52.08F
Vokey V-Grind 58.1
Taylor Made Spider Mini

What are the initiation fee and dues @ Jonathan's Landing ?

Just north of $50k equity plus about a $12k initiation "throw away," so almost $65k to get in. Dues are somewhere between $12-$15k.

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

Seminole is a solid course

Understatement of the century!

Don't know why you posted this as if it's my quote...lol? I certainly didnt say it, though I may have responded to the guy who did. Must have been @captainobvious 😉

[b]WITB[/b]:
Taylormade TP5X Ball

So do any clubs include free massages at Orchids of Asia? The Robert Kraft membership package could be popular. :lock:

Really pretty crazy and hard to believe a guy of his means would (apparently) regularly take that kind of risk. And he wasnt the only high profile figure...

[b]WITB[/b]:
Taylormade TP5X Ball

Have played Floridian National, Fox Club, and The Florida Club recently. The Floridian was impeccable, perfect condition, fantastic staff, awesome view from clubhouse porch. Fox Club seriously disappointed, mediocre condition, aloof staff, ok layout. Bartender was great though.

For those visiting and playing publics, Florida Club is in excellent condition. Greens are perfect, as good as PGA Golf Club and Floridian.

Epic Flash. Tensei CK pro Blue stiff
M5 15*. Tensei CK Blue S
Ping 19* & 22* hybrid. Stock Alta S
Epon 505 MCI OTi 110 stiff
Betti BBZero DASS blacked out.
Vokey 50* F, Ping 54* SS, Vokey 58* D

• 2 months later...

Figured I'd check-in with an update. We are absolutely loving Jupiter. The weather has been spectacular. Weve been down here since Dec. 1st and I dont think there's been more than a handful of evenings where we couldnt dine outside in perfect comfort...including last night at The Cooper in PBG. There's almost always a lovely sea breeze. We've had no issues with bugs I think because of that, though I'm expecting the next several months to be hot & steamy. Still, I'll take it over the cold and considering that for 8 months down here its practically perfect weather.

I still have not joined a fully private club, but Eastpointe has my interest. It's very close to my current place in Abacoa with 36 holes (Fazio) and nice amenities. It's not a shiny new penny, but they've got some major projects underway and the courses are in excellent condition. Turtle Creek is also still high on my list, but a longer drive.

Temporarily, Abacoa has been awesome, but the $30 cart fees are killing me...lol....I wish they offered an annual trail fee. I'm in with a great group with a regular game 4 days per week and easy to find more if I'm up for it. We're heading up to Streamsong next week, so I'm looking forward to that!

If anyone can provide more info and opinions on Easpointe I'd appreciate it! ?

Edit: to add that I'm glad I didnt join Fox Club as they apparently shut down...

• Like 1

[b]WITB[/b]:
Taylormade TP5X Ball

> @dpb5031 said:

> Figured I'd check-in with an update. We are absolutely loving Jupiter. The weather has been spectacular. Weve been down here since Dec. 1st and I dont think there's been more than a handful of evenings where we couldnt dine outside in perfect comfort...including last night at The Cooper in PBG. There's almost always a lovely sea breeze. We've had no issues with bugs I think because of that, though I'm expecting the next several months to be hot & steamy. Still, I'll take it over the cold and considering that for 8 months down here its practically perfect weather.

>

> I still have not joined a fully private club, but Eastpointe has my interest. It's very close to my current place in Abacoa with 36 holes (Fazio) and nice amenities. It's not a shiny new penny, but they've got some major projects underway and the courses are in excellent condition. Turtle Creek is also still high on my list, but a longer drive.

>

> Temporarily, Abacoa has been awesome, but the $30 cart fees are killing me...lol....I wish they offered an annual trail fee. I'm in with a great group with a regular game 4 days per week and easy to find more if I'm up for it. We're heading up to Streamsong next week, so I'm looking forward to that!

>

> If anyone can provide more info and opinions on Easpointe I'd appreciate it! ?

>

> Edit: to add that I'm glad I didnt join Fox Club as they apparently shut down...

from what i understand, the names of the 36 at east pointe have changed names over the years, but i played "the golf & racquet club at east pointe" around christmas time 2013 via boxgroove and was left somewhat unimpressed. i understand you're trying to stay north near jupiter or palm beach gardens, but there are some real solid clubs / tracks a touch further south. i'm referring to banyan gc, mayacoo lakes, wellington national, wanderers club, and banyan cay resort. i figured emerald dunes may have too high an initiation given what you've said.

• Like 1

> @dpb5031 said:

> Figured I'd check-in with an update. We are absolutely loving Jupiter. The weather has been spectacular. Weve been down here since Dec. 1st and I dont think there's been more than a handful of evenings where we couldnt dine outside in perfect comfort...including last night at The Cooper in PBG. There's almost always a lovely sea breeze. We've had no issues with bugs I think because of that, though I'm expecting the next several months to be hot & steamy. Still, I'll take it over the cold and considering that for 8 months down here its practically perfect weather.

>

> I still have not joined a fully private club, but Eastpointe has my interest. It's very close to my current place in Abacoa with 36 holes (Fazio) and nice amenities. It's not a shiny new penny, but they've got some major projects underway and the courses are in excellent condition. Turtle Creek is also still high on my list, but a longer drive.

>

> Temporarily, Abacoa has been awesome, but the $30 cart fees are killing me...lol....I wish they offered an annual trail fee. I'm in with a great group with a regular game 4 days per week and easy to find more if I'm up for it. We're heading up to Streamsong next week, so I'm looking forward to that!

>

> If anyone can provide more info and opinions on Easpointe I'd appreciate it! ?

>

> Edit: to add that I'm glad I didnt join Fox Club as they apparently shut down...

> @dpb5031 said:

>

>

>

>

Give me a PM and I’ll tell you about Eastpointe. Part of west course is shutting down for construction so only 27 holes for a while.

Callaway Rogue 10.5* Synergy 60S
Callaway X20 3-SW
Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11
Supersoft

• 11 months later...

dpb- Did you end up joining anywhere? I know this is a bit of an old thread, but I'm now finding myself in a similar boat... wife and I are thinking we will move down to the palm beach area later this fall and obviously I'm already trying to figure out where to play. We'll probably do a handful of short term rentals to figure out where we want to live, so nothing set in stone yet but have a few friends in West Palm and Delray.

I'd love to find a club that checks a few boxes for me:

WalkableGood practice facilitiesIdeally, a fun group of younger guys (30s)Doesn't need to be fully private, but need good pace of play and tee times on short notice

I am living in Jupiter in the Abacoa Community and joined Abacoa Golf Club which is semi-private. Initially I thought it was just going to be temporary until I figured out which fully private club to join. Now well into my second year I have no urgency to leave. As a daily feel it's a higher-end place with greens fees at around $150 in-season so it has a more upscale feel. They have a covenent with the town that requires they keep a certain number of times available for public play so the private membership is limited and there is a waiting list. I won a lottery to get a spot and have been very happy. Course is good, greens are always excellent and rival the privates, the deal is great, and the men's group I've connected with consists of a bunch of good dudes. The only negative from my perspective is no short game practice area.

I also joined the Palm Beach County Association and compete in their events. Great competition and you play all of the top clubs down here. Finding a club that allows you to walk is a challenge. It's just not a common thing in South FL unless it's one of the really high-end places with a caddie program. If I were to join a club in the Jupiter area I'd probably go to Turtle Creek or Tequesta CC, but both have really upped initiation fees and dues in the past few years so it's hard to justify when I've got such a nice set-up at Abacoa less than a mile from my house and at half the annual cost, let alone initiation fees.

[b]WITB[/b]:
Taylormade TP5X Ball

Have you had a chance to play Jupiter Hills, MacArthur, or The Medalist? Not sure about the initiation and fees now, but those three always were my favs when I lived down there.

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Aldila Quaranta Reg
Ping G410 3wd @ Flat setting Grafalloy Pro lite 3.5 Reg
Ping G410 7wd @ Flat setting Graffaloy Pro Lite 3.5 Reg
Ping G410 22 hybrid @ 21 flat Alta CB Reg
PXG 0211 5-PW Steelfiber i95 Reg
Cleveland Zipcore Raw 50* Mid, 54* Full @ 55, 58* Low @ 60 Hi Rev 2.0 Reg
Evnroll TR8 33"

I have played Medalist many times, and Jupiter Hills once...both are exceptional! I have not played MacArthur but would love to play there; it's on the same sand Ridge as the other two and I've heard its great. All are well beyond my budget in terms of membership though...

[b]WITB[/b]:
Taylormade TP5X Ball

• 3 weeks later...

Sure, to play as a guest - get invited by a member.

To become a member:

Medalist- write a check

Seminole - become CEO of a Fortune 500 company and have a decent golf resume as well

[b]WITB[/b]:
Taylormade TP5X Ball

see my post about 6 prior to this one. I am at Abacoa GC.

[b]WITB[/b]:
Taylormade TP5X Ball