JPX Forged 919 and 919 Tour-Long Term Review??

russian7

I currently have a set of mp18 flihi 4-5 with mmc 6-pw. Have really grown fond of the flihis so I want to keep them in the bag.

Was thinking of getting a 6-pw set of jpg 919 forged/tours.

Curious if anyone has experience blending FliHi with jpx919s?

This is worth looking at..

https://golf.mizunoeurope.com/irons-comparison-table/

The 919 Tour and MMC head length is almost the same, as is the sole on both

One thing I have noticed on the Mizuno website is that the 919 Forged lofts are the same as the MMC lofts.

Im a 11hcp, have been playing TM RBladez Tour for the past 5 years. Plan on getting a new set of irons this season. Debating which set is best for me. Like the look of both of them have, been told to just get the Tours cause the differences are minimal. Was leaning towards the forged for the extra forgiveness,thoughts?

I am in the same boat as well. I am also thinking about an ap3/ap2 set. My handicap is 11 and i feel that i am in the middle between everything.

You aren't going to go wrong with the Forged version, from scratch golfer to low double-digit's. While the Tour felt sweet, the extra forgiveness of the Forged is something everyone should consider. I had commented on another thread that I tested the HMPro and got the same numbers as the Forged, although that model is probably even more forgiving. With the right shaft/ball combo, I'm a club longer with the 919F than I was with the 900F (all launch monitor stuff so far), but every bit as confident they'll be even more amazing on the course.

51228683_mizunoshadow.jpg.331dc94966b1c93058cfa910903c6db8.jpg

You aren't going to go wrong with the Forged version, from scratch golfer to low double-digit's. While the Tour felt sweet, the extra forgiveness of the Forged is something everyone should consider. I had commented on another thread that I tested the HMPro and got the same numbers as the Forged, although that model is probably even more forgiving. With the right shaft/ball combo, I'm a club longer with the 919F than I was with the 900F (all launch monitor stuff so far), but every bit as confident they'll be even more amazing on the course.

Yeah, I thought about the 919 Forged as well, but after seeing the lofts being the same as my MP-18 MMC's that I already owned I figured why not get the 919 Tours and combo the long irons if need be.. either way, Mizuno has done well this season so far..

Yeah, I thought about the 919 Forged as well, but after seeing the lofts being the same as my MP-18 MMC's that I already owned I figured why not get the 919 Tours and combo the long irons if need be.. either way, Mizuno has done well this season so far..

The lofts may be the same, but the performance will not be. I tried the MMC's before playing the 900F and didn't really like them even though the results were similar. With the 919F - a club longer, they are that good. Even though the HMPro is lofted even stronger, the numbers between them and the 919F were the same for me. It's not always just about loft - you have to get them fitted to you with the right shaft and ball.

51228683_mizunoshadow.jpg.331dc94966b1c93058cfa910903c6db8.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to bump this thread up now that spring time has rolled in for a lot of people. I'm looking to pick up a set of the tours 5-PW with a forged 4 iron. Currently have the 718 AP2s so wondering how these will compare, I just love the look of the JPX and prefer the non chrome. Just wanting to try out another set but will sell my AP2s if I like these more.

Titleist TSR3 8 deg - Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X

Titleist TSi3 15 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black 8X

Titleist TSR3 19 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black HB 9TX

Titleist T200 4 - TT DG TI X100

Titleist T100 (2019) 5-PW - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM9 Jet Black 50.12 F - TT DG TI Black Onyx X100

Vokey SM9 Jet Black 54.10 S - TT DG TI Black Onyx S400

Vokey SM9 Jet Black 58.08 M - TT DG TI Black Onyx S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1

• 3 weeks later...

I went wild over these sticks when I first played them but after 3 rounds I hate them. They feel too "clicky" and I can't make them do the things that any of my MP's did. These are not a replacement for anything other than GI lovers of previous JPX. I wasted $1150 on the set and am going to flip them for a set of MP-4's if I'm lucky enough to find them. The 33's are going right back in the bag. I will never play another JPX again.

> @MacAttack67 said:

> I went wild over these sticks when I first played them but after 3 rounds I hate them. They feel too "clicky" and I can't make them do the things that any of my MP's did. These are not a replacement for anything other than GI lovers of previous JPX. I wasted $1150 on the set and am going to flip them for a set of MP-4's if I'm lucky enough to find them. The 33's are going right back in the bag. I will never play another JPX again.

that was my feeling with the JPX 919 Forged - they were launch monitor dreams. They were horrible in real life. I lost 200 bucks flipping them. I'll never look at JPX.

2024 Bag TBD

> @raywutang said:

> interesting comments about the 919 Forged. i had an outdoor fitting with a trackman recently and the 919 Forged were bottom of the barrel for me. i went into the fitting thinking that they were going to be a top performer and was totally surprised by the end results. top performers for me were AP2/AP3/0311T

Ultimately Mizuno designed JPX for mass market appeal and skill level, which they do well enough but not really any better than their rivals. Their strength really lies in players category which is why I can imagine playing any number of brands in the GI category but find Mizuno a clear winner once I hit the compact heads.

Bag 1                                                                 Bag 2
Ping G400 LST 10                                             Epon Technicity 9
Ping G400 3W 14.5                                          TM R9 3W 14
Ping G400 3H 19                                              Miura 3H 19
Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-P               Epon 503 4-P Nippon Super Peening Orange
Mizuno s18 50, 54, 58                                     Miura 51, 56 k-grind
Bettinardi BB1                                                  Scotty Cameron Newport 2

I've had a month with my JPX 919 Forged on Modus 120 X (coming from Ping i20 on S300 HS1). The single most notable thing for me is the forgiveness on toe hits (my particular miss). I play the same course almost exclusively for the last 10 years, so I know my distances and play 9 holes 2-3 per week, so I know my swing feels, too. I am consistently and quite pleasantly surprised when I catch one out on the end (ball mark verifying just how far out) and it still carries to the green or vicinity -- I know what that swing result would have been with my beloved i20's!

I hit a lot of different heads in testing and honestly, I'm sure others would have worked well, but the 919 Forged were best for me and I'm not disappointed by anything about them.

Ping G400 Max, 9.5, Tour 65 S Cobra AMP Cell 3+ (13) Taylormade RBZ 3HL (17) Wishon 775HS 3Hyb (21) - Modus 120X Mizuno JPX 919 Forged (5-G) - Modus 120X Mizuno S18 - 56 & 60 - Modus 120X Odyssey Sabertooth www.YourGolfHeadcovers.com

> @Da2thdoc said:

> Sung kang just won with them last weekend.?‍♂️

I looked at his WITB. I might be able to play with that setup. Doesn’t really scream tour pro too much.

Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-P               Epon 503 4-P Nippon Super Peening Orange
Bettinardi BB1                                                  Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Same here. My 919 tours got beat out by the Sixon Z785. Not even close really in real world playability.

> @MacAttack67 said:

> I went wild over these sticks when I first played them but after 3 rounds I hate them. They feel too "clicky" and I can't make them do the things that any of my MP's did. These are not a replacement for anything other than GI lovers of previous JPX. I wasted $1150 on the set and am going to flip them for a set of MP-4's if I'm lucky enough to find them. The 33's are going right back in the bag. I will never play another JPX again.

> @mbbrewer said:

> Same here. My 919 tours got beat out by the Sixon Z785. Not even close really in real world playability.

> > @MacAttack67 said:

> > I went wild over these sticks when I first played them but after 3 rounds I hate them. They feel too "clicky" and I can't make them do the things that any of my MP's did. These are not a replacement for anything other than GI lovers of previous JPX. I wasted $1150 on the set and am going to flip them for a set of MP-4's if I'm lucky enough to find them. The 33's are going right back in the bag. I will never play another JPX again.

>

>

Koepka killing the field with 919 tours... gonna be potentially back to back tour wins for 919 tours.. ( one being a major)... how is this not real world.. koepka isnt even a sponsored player. I get that 919s didnt stay in your bag but cmon. Not saying the tours are the best but these clubs are working very well for many golfers.

> @MacAttack67 said:

That was my feel with them as well. Not a fan of the Boron infused feel, although I thought it was a little less noticeable in the 919 over the 900 series. Still "clicky".

Rogue ST Max LS Oban Devotion 6/03 10.5, -1* @45.25" 

Paradym 3HL  Kai’li 60 R
Ping G410 19*,  22* & 26* Riptide CB 80 5.5
Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-AW, SF i80cw R,  Or Cobra Forged Tec Black 6-GW, SF i95cw R   
PM Grind 2.0 54 and 58

Bettinardi Innovai Rev 6.0  33” 

E.R.C. Soft TT/ Chrome Soft TT / TM Tour Response '20

I'm thinking of trading in my HMPs for 919 Forged because I'm not so keen on the feel of the HMPs. They seemed fine during testing but 2 months on the course and it performs fine, but I want that forged feel back. Can anyone weigh in on whether 919 Forged delivers that feel? I've found some clubs nowadays that advertise forged but don't really feel forged (I'm looking at you TM and Ping).

forgot about this thread since the forum change.

I am still in love with my 919 Tours, super forgiving for what they are and easy to shape both ways. Cant recommend them more to any decent player or better.

• Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

My assessment of the 919 tours was for how they worked for me. What Brooks Koepka plays matters vary little to me for my own game.

I did a thorough studio fitting with the 919 tours and Srixon Z785s. The numbers were very comparable. But out on the course “real world” the Z785 outperformed the 919t in feel, turf interaction, and forgiveness and again for me it wasn’t even close.

> @Da2thdoc said:

>

>

> > @mbbrewer said:

> > Same here. My 919 tours got beat out by the Sixon Z785. Not even close really in real world playability.

> > > @MacAttack67 said:

> > > I went wild over these sticks when I first played them but after 3 rounds I hate them. They feel too "clicky" and I can't make them do the things that any of my MP's did. These are not a replacement for anything other than GI lovers of previous JPX. I wasted $1150 on the set and am going to flip them for a set of MP-4's if I'm lucky enough to find them. The 33's are going right back in the bag. I will never play another JPX again.

> >

> >

>

> Koepka killing the field with 919 tours... gonna be potentially back to back tour wins for 919 tours.. ( one being a major)... how is this not real world.. koepka isnt even a sponsored player. I get that 919s didnt stay in your bag but cmon. Not saying the tours are the best but these clubs are working very well for many golfers.

> @mbbrewer said:

> My assessment of the 919 tours was for how they worked for me. What Brooks Koepka plays matters vary little to me for my own game.

> I did a thorough studio fitting with the 919 tours and Srixon Z785s. The numbers were very comparable. But out on the course “real world” the Z785 outperformed the 919t in feel, turf interaction, and forgiveness and again for me it wasn’t even close.

>

> > @Da2thdoc said:

> >

> >

> > > @mbbrewer said:

> > > Same here. My 919 tours got beat out by the Sixon Z785. Not even close really in real world playability.

> > > > @MacAttack67 said:

> > > > I went wild over these sticks when I first played them but after 3 rounds I hate them. They feel too "clicky" and I can't make them do the things that any of my MP's did. These are not a replacement for anything other than GI lovers of previous JPX. I wasted $1150 on the set and am going to flip them for a set of MP-4's if I'm lucky enough to find them. The 33's are going right back in the bag. I will never play another JPX again.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Koepka killing the field with 919 tours... gonna be potentially back to back tour wins for 919 tours.. ( one being a major)... how is this not real world.. koepka isnt even a sponsored player. I get that 919s didnt stay in your bag but cmon. Not saying the tours are the best but these clubs are working very well for many golfers.

>

>

Glad that the Srixons work well for you. They sucked for me because of the high bounce, so the 919T would be a much better fit for my swing (low bounce).

> @mbbrewer said:

> My assessment of the 919 tours was for how they worked for me. What Brooks Koepka plays matters vary little to me for my own game.

> I did a thorough studio fitting with the 919 tours and Srixon Z785s. The numbers were very comparable. But out on the course “real world” the Z785 outperformed the 919t in feel, turf interaction, and forgiveness and again for me it wasn’t even close.

>

> > @Da2thdoc said:

> >

> >

> > > @mbbrewer said:

> > > Same here. My 919 tours got beat out by the Sixon Z785. Not even close really in real world playability.

> > > > @MacAttack67 said:

> > > > I went wild over these sticks when I first played them but after 3 rounds I hate them. They feel too "clicky" and I can't make them do the things that any of my MP's did. These are not a replacement for anything other than GI lovers of previous JPX. I wasted $1150 on the set and am going to flip them for a set of MP-4's if I'm lucky enough to find them. The 33's are going right back in the bag. I will never play another JPX again.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Koepka killing the field with 919 tours... gonna be potentially back to back tour wins for 919 tours.. ( one being a major)... how is this not real world.. koepka isnt even a sponsored player. I get that 919s didnt stay in your bag but cmon. Not saying the tours are the best but these clubs are working very well for many golfers.

>

>

Are you quite steep? seems reviews the Srixon irons are better suited for steep swings rather than Mizuno.

• Artisan  55*, 60* S400

> @Chuck905 said:

> Doesn’t Brooks play the 900T not 919T?

• Artisan  55*, 60* S400

> @dukediv2011 said:

> > @mbbrewer said:

> > My assessment of the 919 tours was for how they worked for me. What Brooks Koepka plays matters vary little to me for my own game.

> > I did a thorough studio fitting with the 919 tours and Srixon Z785s. The numbers were very comparable. But out on the course “real world” the Z785 outperformed the 919t in feel, turf interaction, and forgiveness and again for me it wasn’t even close.

> >

> > > @Da2thdoc said:

> > >

> > >

> > > > @mbbrewer said:

> > > > Same here. My 919 tours got beat out by the Sixon Z785. Not even close really in real world playability.

> > > > > @MacAttack67 said:

> > > > > I went wild over these sticks when I first played them but after 3 rounds I hate them. They feel too "clicky" and I can't make them do the things that any of my MP's did. These are not a replacement for anything other than GI lovers of previous JPX. I wasted $1150 on the set and am going to flip them for a set of MP-4's if I'm lucky enough to find them. The 33's are going right back in the bag. I will never play another JPX again.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Koepka killing the field with 919 tours... gonna be potentially back to back tour wins for 919 tours.. ( one being a major)... how is this not real world.. koepka isnt even a sponsored player. I get that 919s didnt stay in your bag but cmon. Not saying the tours are the best but these clubs are working very well for many golfers.

> >

> >

>

> Glad that the Srixons work well for you. They sucked for me because of the high bounce, so the 919T would be a much better fit for my swing (low bounce).

Even though the HMP has a somewhat wide sole, it is low bounce with a lot of trailing edge relief. That has worked for me a lot better than the higher-bounce i210s I had. I think the V-sole works really well for some, not so well for others.

AI Smoke Max Tensei Blue 55R | Cleveland Halo XL HyWood 3+ Tensei Blue 55R

G430 4-5H Alta R | Srixon ZX4-5 7i-AW Dart 65R

Glide4 Eye2 56 | Vokey 60 M | Ping Anser 2023

TM stock is going to rise for drivers because of Brooksy.

He is playing the 919 Tours + ProV1X ball.

I like how he isn't contracted and is free to rock and roll with what he pleases. But, any of the manufacturers will hook him up with clubs regardless on contract or not.

I, personally, still like my Tours but, I'm not playing as much and my scores are showing it. Back to game improvement irons, I go. Sad.

To anyone who has not tried the 919 Forged, I recommend believing your own experience and do not be scared off. They feel outstanding to me. I had been looking for a 4 iron setup I like and it has been tricky. Do not prefer a hybrid in that spot. Don’t want a big thick clubhead either. Tried several combos and the winner is the 919 Forged 4 iron with a Recoil 95 stiff. Only club I have with that shaft. My usual shafts are in the 115-118g range, but the extra launch of the 95g graphite has been perfect. I can carry it 200 yards and that’s what I was looking for. Already looking at adding the 5.

Forgiving and great turf interaction, better than the Srixon V-sole to me. These 919 Forged feel solid, sweet and powerful, and you can get away with mishits a bit toward the toe. They’re accurate and easy to hit a consistent distance. Nothing but thumbs up from me.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches