Why I hate my pxg clubs

Danny Choo

Stop giving the OP a hard time, Its awkward having a lot of money sometimes. The other day I actually recognized one of the people me and my friends were hunting for sport.

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah...I've only seen PXG clubs once in my life in person and that was my knee jerk reaction about its owner.

10.5 deg Titleist 905R with stock UST Proforce V2 Shaft (Stiff flex)
Titleist 990 (3-PW) with stock Dynamic Gold in S300
Taylormade V-Steel 5W & 3W with Grafalloy Prolaunch Red shafts (Regular Flex)
2011 Adams Tom Watson signature wedges in 52 and 56 degrees with stock steel shafts (Player's Grind)
Rife Island Series Aruba Blade Putter

"Loft for loft, length for length, and shaft for shaft, the ball will go the same distance when hit on the sweet spot regardless how old the iron."

This is why golf clubs are different from other luxury products - for things like watches, cars, clothing, boats, whatever - we're very used to thinking of those other items as purely luxury items. While we certainly notice a Ferrari, they've been around forever, so while not it's not an everyday car in most parts of the world, it's not exactly a new concept.

High-pricey, luxury golf clubs, at least here in the US are, in-fact, different. Sure - a new set of Titleists have always been somewhat pricey, but they were "normal". PXG prices didn't just incrementally raise the top-end price range, they completely blew out the top end and created a whole new segment (again, at least here in the US.) People aren't used to them, but they've gotten enough awareness for folks to now recognize them as "that crazy expensive brand". That's their main image - like it or not. It's the pure novelty of the situation that spawns these sorts of conversations.

Yeah right.....and your Audermars Royal Oak Offshore and F488?

Royal Oak??? Please. For peasants. I Always wear my Patek Philippe 5016G when I take the Ferrari for a spin.

Man, an Huayra and a Ferrari. Some people are just so materialistic. I'll simply have to make due with me miserable 675LT.

Must be nice fancy pants, I'm still stuck with my commoner Mac, 570S. Might be able to swing the 600LT if I play my cards right next year!

I get it...

I hate the fact I cant swim in my indoor pool when its being cleaned.......or am forced to go to my European home instead of my home in Hawaii due to volcano activity.....

True story, I was stuck in Bali for an extra few days due to Volcanic ash. Sometimes enough is enough when it comes to humidity, Bin Tang, and Balinese food!

This thread is redonculous.

Pxg on the used market isn’t even selling at crazy prices. I could build your set for $900 if I tried hard. Saw a darkness set 4-pw heads sell for $750 last week. Some wear On the black finish ? Yes. But they looked good still.

Plenty of people playing more expensive iron sets than that. What you’re fighting is the parsons effect. It’s the polarizing effect he has on anything. It’s love or hate. And the uninformed take his style for “ upper level taste “ or “ classy” and assume both are Uber expensive. None of that is really true compared to true high end irons. His fullly Milled wedges are the only real exception to that.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Just say you picked them up at the Goodwill Store, had no idea what they were worth and bought them cause they looked cool. You could also put them in a Wilson or some other old carry bag. That might help.

BT

Dr#1 Cobra Speedzone 10.5 – HZRDUS Yellow HC 65 TX @ 46”
Dr#2 Mizuno STZ 220 9.5 (10.5) - HZRDUS Smoke IM10 65 Low TX @ 46"

Mizuno ST190 15 - HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 TS @ 43"
Mizuno STZ 220 18- HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 TS @ 42"
Mizuno MP15 4-PW - Aldila RIP Tour 115 R
Cobra MIM Wedges 52, 56 & 60 – stock KBS Hi-Rev @ 35.5”

Odyssey V-Line Stroke Lab 33.5"
Grips - Grip Master Classic Wrap Midsize

Pxg on the used market isn’t even selling at crazy prices. I could build your set for $900 if I tried hard. Saw a darkness set 4-pw heads sell for $750 last week. Some wear On the black finish ? Yes. But they looked good still.

Plenty of people playing more expensive iron sets than that. What you’re fighting is the parsons effect. It’s the polarizing effect he has on anything. It’s love or hate. And the uninformed take his style for “ upper level taste “ or “ classy” and assume both are Uber expensive. None of that is really true compared to true high end irons. His fullly Milled wedges are the only real exception to that.

In all seriousness, Things have changed significantly since they dropped the price on the Gen 1’s to $175 an iron.

The set I have lurking in the basement just took a massive hit in value due to Bob deciding to sell the “old stuff” for about the same as many other common brands retail prices.

Thanks Bob!! Another reason to hate your obnoxious egotistical loud mouth Word not allowed!!

No doubt one of the best irons I have hit and the iron of choice 0311 4-PW with steel fiber stiff shafts 2018. What I hate about them? Everywhere I play, the same response. You must have plenty of money, what do you do for a living? It is beyond irritating! It has become a thorn in my side. Whatever the notion is out there, these clubs are affordable if you want them. I just want to play golf when I hit the course!

People actually say that? "You must have plenty of money? what do you do for a living?" what a bunch of beatniks... mind your own business people!!!

If you don`t want people thinking you have money, don`t show people that you do. Toss them clubs in an old ratty Top-Flite stand bag, loose the fancy $60 custom leather headcovers for some old tube socks, stop dressing like Rickie Fowler. You`ll be lucky anyone talks to you at all...and if they do notice the clubs after all that, tell them they are fakes.

I hear you Dude....Do you ride a black Harley with PXG logos all over it to the course like I do?

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

In all seriousness, Things have changed significantly since they dropped the price on the Gen 1’s to $175 an iron.

The set I have lurking in the basement just took a massive hit in value due to Bob deciding to sell the “old stuff” for about the same as many other common brands retail prices.

Thanks Bob!! Another reason to hate your obnoxious egotistical loud mouth Word not allowed!!

You mad bro?!?!?! geez, the dude was a marine.... have a little respect! Gutless

No doubt one of the best irons I have hit and the iron of choice 0311 4-PW with steel fiber stiff shafts 2018. What I hate about them? Everywhere I play, the same response. You must have plenty of money, what do you do for a living? It is beyond irritating! It has become a thorn in my side. Whatever the notion is out there, these clubs are affordable if you want them. I just want to play golf when I hit the course!

You play with different people every time you play?

Quite common in North America for public golfers. If you are less than a foursome in a busy enough part of the continent, you'll be paired up to make foursomes in peak times.

OP - next time you get 'what do you do for a living'. Answer: Your mom. Alternate answer: Your dad.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

this is how i feel when i go to the pool in speedos and everyone wants to know about my yuuuuuge package. im just here to swim everyone - nothing to see here.

Ping G400 @ 10.5° (Ping Tour 65S)

Ping G400 5 wood @ 16.5° (Ping Alta CB 65S)

Ping G410 7 wood @ 20° (Ping Tour 75X)

Titleist 818H2 @ 22° (PX 6.0)

Ping i210 PowerSpec 5-U (DG S300)

Titleist SM7 54° F / 60° K (DG S200)

Ping Heppler Floki

Titleist ProV1x/AVX

Crapula....and I was going to sell 15 sets of my vintage irons to get a set of PXG's....

I lie enough about myself, don't need another one, they're getting tough to manage in my golden years....

Hogan's Secret.......it's in plain sight but not for everyone...
https://6sigmagolfrx.com/
2017 Taylormade M2 9.5 (set at 10.5) w/ Diamana S+ Blueboard 60 S
2010 Tour Edge Exotics XCG3 3W w/Fujikura Motore S 15 deg
2014 Taylormade SLDR S HL 3W 17deg Fujikura Speeder 65 R, shortened
2017 Tour Edge Exotics 3H UST Mamiya 670 S
2009 Callaway Xforged 3i w/ KBS tour S
2012 Cobra Amp Forged 4-GW w/ Fujikura Pro i95 S
2013 Miura forged 54 & 58 wedges - w/ DG Tour issue S
Ping Cadence Rustler Traditional putter

I can't think of anything funny and condescending, soooooooo,

in b4 the lock

Driver - Taylormade M2 2017 9.75*

3W - Cobra RadSpeed Draw 14.5*

5W - Callaway Epic Flash 18*

7W - Taylormade M4 5HL 21*

5H - Callaway Rogue 24*

Irons - Taylormade P790 6-PW

Wedges - TM Milled Grind 50* & 54* | Hi-Toe 60*

Putter - Nike Method Converge B1-01

Grips - MCC clone| Ball - TP5

Never apologize for been blessed. I know I don't. I worked hard to own the things I own so I stopped worrying about what others thought a long time ago.

Having said that, I don't know why start a thread about it, but...

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Titleist SM8 Black Wedges 48-54-58

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)
“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

Embrace the fact that everyone thinks you have all the gear and no idea, and you’ll be fine. I do, and I am.

PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

Never apologize for been blessed. I know I don't. I worked hard to own the things I own so I stopped worrying about what others thought a long time ago.

Having said that, I don't know why start a thread about it, but...

Well if you worked hard for it, it's more about the hard work than being blessed!

People who make a lot of money should buy things. Good for the economy

But , when having nice things, one should understand the reaction they will get when complaining about them

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Just delete all of these. What a waste of a topic/discussion.

Titleist TSR3 8 deg - Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X

Titleist TSi3 15 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black 8X

Titleist TSR3 19 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black HB 9TX

Titleist T200 4 - TT DG TI X100

Titleist T100 (2019) 5-PW - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 50.12 F - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 54.14 F - TT DG TI S400

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 58.08 M - TT DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1

People actually say that? "You must have plenty of money? what do you do for a living?" what a bunch of beatniks... mind your own business people!!!

It makes you wonder, but yes some people just don't have tact. Some schlep had the audacity to ask how much I pay my G6's pilot. What my man Steve make's is nobodies business!