Why I hate my pxg clubs

Danny Choo

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've met 3 people with PXG irons. 2 of them were the biggest jerkoffs i ever met and the other was Mike Trout.

I've met tons of ppl with PXG irons. All jerkoffs.

I really hope that was an attempt at humor, but if not...I would encourage you to play or introduce yourself to those of us that purchased our PXG's through the Heroes program. If you still think we are all jerk-offs, the problem is probably not the people with the PXG's.

I cant speak for the other guy but I've only met 3 people with them and all 3 did not get there clubs from the heroes program. trust me! Trout is a great kid. And thank you for your service. Im friends with a lot of police,fire,military i ment no disrespect.

Titleist TSI3 10* / Ventus black 6X 
Titleist Hybrid 818 / Tensei white 90X
Titleist T-100 3-P / Modus tour 130X
Titleist SM8 chrome 50/10 wedge
Titleist SM8 chrome 54/14 wedge
Titleist SM8 black 60/8 wedge
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Never apologize for been blessed. I know I don't. I worked hard to own the things I own so I stopped worrying about what others thought a long time ago.

Having said that, I don't know why start a thread about it, but...

Well if you worked hard for it, it's more about the hard work than being blessed!

People who make a lot of money should buy things. Good for the economy

But , when having nice things, one should understand the reaction they will get when complaining about them

When other people complain about you having nice things, they are ignorant and deserve to be ignored. That’s today’s society, give me, give me, give me.

And yes, I was blessed to have the health and all the opportunities to do what I wanted to do and accomplished everything I have. I guess it is wrong for me to believe in God according to you.

I have an M.D. from Harvard, I am board certified in cardio-thoracic medicine and trauma surgery, I have been awarded citations from seven different medical boards in New England, and I am never, ever sick at sea. So I ask you: When someone goes into that chapel and they fall on their knees and pray to God that their wife doesn't miscarry, or their daughter doesn't bleed to death, or that their mother doesn't suffer acute neural trauma from post operative shock, who do you think they're praying to? Now, go ahead and read your bible, Dennis, and you go to church, and, with any luck, you might win the annual raffle. But if you are looking for God, he was in operating room number two on November 17th, and he doesn't like to be second guessed. You ask me if I have a God complex. Let me tell you something: I am God.

I'm not really sure why the OP's problem is here. I get asked what I do for a living every time I play a round with strangers. I thought that was just part of on course small talk.

Maybe he just thinks people think he has a lot of moneys

You are not the only one, lol...

I'm retired, but when I used to tell folks what I did for a living, more times than not, they would offer to buy me a soda, I don't drink, at the end of the round.

I hear ya. When I tell people what I do for a living, they get down on there knees and beg for their life. And then I make them buy me a soda.

Never apologize for been blessed. I know I don't. I worked hard to own the things I own so I stopped worrying about what others thought a long time ago.

Well if you worked hard for it, it's more about the hard work than being blessed!

But , when having nice things, one should understand the reaction they will get when complaining about them

When other people complain about you having nice things, they are ignorant and deserve to be ignored. That’s today’s society, give me, give me, give me.

And yes, I was blessed to have the health and all the opportunities to do what I wanted to do and accomplished everything I have. I guess it is wrong for me to believe in God according to you.

I have an M.D. from Harvard, I am board certified in cardio-thoracic medicine and trauma surgery, I have been awarded citations from seven different medical boards in New England, and I am never, ever sick at sea. So I ask you: When someone goes into that chapel and they fall on their knees and pray to God that their wife doesn't miscarry, or their daughter doesn't bleed to death, or that their mother doesn't suffer acute neural trauma from post operative shock, who do you think they're praying to? Now, go ahead and read your bible, Dennis, and you go to church, and, with any luck, you might win the annual raffle. But if you are looking for God, he was in operating room number two on November 17th, and he doesn't like to be second guessed. You ask me if I have a God complex. Let me tell you something: I am God.

Classic! Lol...

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Titleist SM8 Black Wedges 48-54-58

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)
“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

I've had mine less than a month but no one has said anything to me about them. Most golfers don't even know what they are and those that do, probably are aware that the price on Gen 1's dropped to $175 per club which is close to what many clubs are selling for.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

I'm not really sure why the OP's problem is here. I get asked what I do for a living every time I play a round with strangers. I thought that was just part of on course small talk.

I'm retired, but when I used to tell folks what I did for a living, more times than not, they would offer to buy me a soda, I don't drink, at the end of the round.

I hear ya. When I tell people what I do for a living, they get down on there knees and beg for their life. And then I make them buy me a soda.

Chuck Norris or do you prefer Walker....Walker - Texas Ranger ?

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I've had mine less than a month but no one has said anything to me about them. Most golfers don't even know what they are and those that do, probably are aware that the price on Gen 1's dropped to $175 per club which is close to what many clubs are selling for.

I can’t ever recall any random person just coming up to me and asking about my clubs or my livelihood.

Chuck Norris or do you prefer Walker....Walker - Texas Ranger ?

Billy Jack!

I've met 3 people with PXG irons. 2 of them were the biggest jerkoffs i ever met and the other was Mike Trout.

I've met tons of ppl with PXG irons. All jerkoffs.

I really hope that was an attempt at humor, but if not...I would encourage you to play or introduce yourself to those of us that purchased our PXG's through the Heroes program. If you still think we are all jerk-offs, the problem is probably not the people with the PXG's.

I cant speak for the other guy but I've only met 3 people with them and all 3 did not get there clubs from the heroes program. trust me! Trout is a great kid. And thank you for your service. Im friends with a lot of police,fire,military i ment no disrespect.

Relax I was just joking.

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Current bag:
Titleist TS3 Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65 [/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist TS2 GD Tour AD-MT 7[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 818H1 19, 818H1 23 GD Tour AD-DI 85[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Epon AF-705 5-AW MRC OT-I 95
Vokey Wedgeworks SM7 Raw 54M, 58D[/font][/size]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Scotty Cameron 009[/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Taylormade TP5x[/size][/font]

Looks like only God, Jack and Norge can hit a one iron. :lock[1]:

What can I say, some of us have actually done something meaningful with our lives and for the country.

But good for you hitman, lol...

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)

No doubt one of the best irons I have hit and the iron of choice 0311 4-PW with steel fiber stiff shafts 2018. What I hate about them? Everywhere I play, the same response. You must have plenty of money, what do you do for a living? It is beyond irritating! It has become a thorn in my side. Whatever the notion is out there, these clubs are affordable if you want them. I just want to play golf when I hit the course!

More like Danny Chop

I'm starting to think the OP is Opinder, lol...

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 

Considering you can get nice Gen 1s for $1,000 I hear what you are saying. When I was in Scottsdale, the bag drop guy commented on my Miuras and was like Man those are pretty expensive aren’t they? I just brushed it off and told him I got a good deal on them. Then he mentioned the “loaded” locals with PXG that come by.

Just a part of the stigma I suppose when it comes to PXG. Like I said they are around for $1K and I almost pulled the trigger in the BST but want to avoid the stigma that you have experienced.

Taylormade SIM2 MAX 9* AutoFlex 505xx 

Taylormade SIM 5 RIP X 85TX

Srixon ZX 20* Recoil 95X

Srixon ZX5 4-6 DGTI X100

Srixon ZX7 7-PW DGTI X100
Taylormade MG2 TW 52/56/60 S400 TI
Kevin Burns 9305LN LAGP One35

Considering you can get nice Gen 1s for $1,000 I hear what you are saying. When I was in Scottsdale, the bag drop guy commented on my Miuras and was like Man those are pretty expensive aren’t they? I just brushed it off and told him I got a good deal on them. Then he mentioned the “loaded” locals with PXG that come by.

Just a part of the stigma I suppose when it comes to PXG. Like I said they are around for $1K and I almost pulled the trigger in the BST but want to avoid the stigma that you have experienced.

You have been around for a long time, I don't see you as a gent who cares much about what others may think, you seem pretty straightforward :-)

I haven't experienced what the OP shared, on the contrary, nothing but compliments. Plus, the people I associate with don't care much or talk about money.

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 

To let the cat out of the bag, I am not rich, I am an average Joe who is fortunate enough to own a set of PXG irons. If you have to be rich to own a set of irons that cost $2800 when they were new before the discount is just outright ridiculous. If they were $25K then they would be an argument here. Please stop polluting the golf atmosphere with this nonsense that only rich people buy PXG, very inaccurate!

You have been around for a long time, I don't see you as a gent who cares much about what others may think, you seem pretty straightforward :-)

I haven't experienced what the OP shared, on the contrary, nothing but compliments. Plus, the people I associate with don't care much or talk about money.

LOL Hector...shhh!

Taylormade SIM2 MAX 9* AutoFlex 505xx 

Taylormade SIM 5 RIP X 85TX

Srixon ZX 20* Recoil 95X

Srixon ZX5 4-6 DGTI X100

Srixon ZX7 7-PW DGTI X100
Taylormade MG2 TW 52/56/60 S400 TI
Kevin Burns 9305LN LAGP One35

To stop this from coming up, just drive the cart out into the parking lot to pick up some balls or a glove you "accidentally" left in your rusted out 1974 Ford Pinto.

Pop open the door to grab your glove off the dash.

[size=3][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][url="https://www.usna.edu/homepage.php"]Go Navy![/url]

[b][u]WITB[/u][/b]
Titleist 915 D4 8.5 Oban V430 6.5 75g
Titleist 915 F2 15 Rogue Silver 80S
Titleist VG3 18.5 JDM PX 6.0
Titleist 680 raw 4-PW Nippon MODUS 125S
Titleist TVD raw C-C 53 and Indigo SM5 58 DGTI
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport Beach 340g 35"
Scotty Cameron MilSpec Gen2 330g 35"[/font][/size]

No doubt one of the best irons I have hit and the iron of choice 0311 4-PW with steel fiber stiff shafts 2018. What I hate about them? Everywhere I play, the same response. You must have plenty of money, what do you do for a living? It is beyond irritating! It has become a thorn in my side. Whatever the notion is out there, these clubs are affordable if you want them. I just want to play golf when I hit the course!

You think that's bad. When I play with people they look at my clubs and say you must be broke. Don't you work for a living? Now that is irritating. That's why I only play with small forest animals now.

Man, there are getting to be some weird threads around here.

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

Callaway 2007 X-Forged 5-PW/ PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 / Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2.5+ 

Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance you must keep moving

I ain't worshippin' no God from Joliet, that's for damn sure.

Another thing I hate about my PXG irons. Despite the cost and hoopla, they STILL don't fit in the front trunk of my Aventador, so I have to leave them in the front seat on the way to the course. Totally silly looking

Lol at bringing your clubs home. I just leave them in the cart and get a new set each time I play. It's like a fresh can of tennis balls. It's the little things.

Walter: Tell me Bobby, why do you play this game?
Bobby: I play because I love it.
Walter: Well I play for the money. I have to win. That is why every time we face each other I will always beat you.

PXG deserves this thread

Callaway Rogue Max LS Driver, 9 degrees, Tensei Blue shaft

Mizuno ST180 5 wood

Ping G425 Max 7 wood
Srixon ZX4 4 iron
Srixon ZX5 irons 5-PW, Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 shafts

Cleveland RTX6 48* wedge

Cleveland Zipcore 54* wedge
Cleveland RTX 58* full face wedge
Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter 34"

In all seriousness. I agree with this.

I’ve only owned 1 new iron set on my life. But I’ve owned 7 sets of Miura irons. And several very high end Kyoei forgings. Part of the plus to those is that 99% don’t know what they are. So I get no s***. But when your regulars start looking them up and asking questions. It does get old. For instance. Last set of small blades I had $600 in. most still retail for $1200-1500. New over $2k. I’m a bargain shopper. And it helps to have many connections. I choose things for quality. Not the attention.

Same for a putter I have. It flies under the radar because it’s an early GSS stick. No circle T stamp. People see that and think expensive. They assume mine isn’t. Really the opposite is true. But I’d stop playing it if I have to answer questions every round about it. Other putter heads asking to see it is fine. But I mean average joe who can’t imagine how you’d get a stick like that for nothing. They assume I paid $10k. And I wouldnt like them thinking that.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock