Vessel Player 2.0 Stand Bag

I received my 6-way on Friday. I'm coming from a Srixon Z Four stand bag previously. To answer the question I previously had about full dividers on the 6 way, that amount is 3. They are the 3 main horizontal dividers. I will say that the openings on the 6 way aren't as large as the pictures make them appear online. I have tested pulling and putting clubs back in but haven't used it in a round yet. Club binding and removing clubs seems like it might be a small issue, but no worse than any other stand bag I've had. I use mid size grips on my irons, so this exaggerates the issue. I've just conceded at this point that I'll have to buy a big, bulky cart bag if I ever want to totally eliminate binding.

As far as looks go, you'd be hard pressed to find a better looking bag. It looks incredible. I went with the all white version. There are just enough black accents to break up all of the white. It looks better in person to me than it does online.

I will echo what others have said about the stand, it's awful. It takes excessive downward pressure to get the stand to engage. Overall, I'm not blown away by the bag. But I also think I'll be happy with it. I primarily ride, but haven't ever found a cart bag that I like the look of. Plus I do need a stand from time to time. I will update my feelings once I've got a round or two in with this bag.

Titleist TSi3 9* - Tour AD XC 6x
Titleist TSi3 15* - Hzrdus Smoke RDX 70 6.5
Callaway XR Pro TC 18* Hybrid - Tour AD DI 95x
Callaway XR Pro TC 23* Hybrid - Tour AD DI 95x

Maltby TS-1 5 iron - KBS Tour 120s

Srixon Z745 6-PW - KBS Tour 120s
Titleist Vokey SM6 50*
Scratch 56* & 60* - Black KBS Tour Custom

Spider Tour Red 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got my 2.0 in blue tech!  Great setting it up and storing all my gear. Will post a course review as soon as I get out there.

Added a photo. It’s gorgeous 

Finally pulled the trigger on a  Players 2.0. 

Posted Images

I just got my 14 way yesterday and here are some just thoughts from this years bag and last years, as well as just the goods and bads.

- I use midsized grips and they move in and out with no issue. Use the 2G Tour wrap, just as a FYI

- I honestly liked the color scheme more last year with the white zippers, white zipper tags and the white vessel stitching.

- However, there is no better looking bag on the market. It is just so smooth looking, even though last years model was better color wise.

- Love the removable straps and main reason why I bought it as I use this more as a cart bag. I use the straps when walking to the range, but love that I can remove it in the cart and pretty much make it a light cart bag. However, for what you are charged you should get a choice of the strap you want. It is kind of bogus that you have to pay extra for single strap. I actually used carabiner clips in the 2018 model, to remove the straps.

- Would purchase again, but they have room for improvement and honestly I would probably save the money and buy the older model.

- THE BAD....... Why can't they get the legs right? The first say 10 times I picked up the bag the legs would contract back into place. But, after about 10 times those dang legs won't snap back into place and stick out and your legs will bump into theirs. I mean come on...... If I walked all the time, I wouldn't purchase the bag, but because I rarely do and when I do I usually have a caddie it isn't a big deal to me. But, this is a MAJOR flaw with this bag.

That’s a great looking bag, thank you for the review. Do you feel that the leg mechanism will loosen up and work better with time and use? Why did you put your woods in the row that is at the bottom of the top when the stand is in use? Are they still easy to pull in this configuration or do the irons and gravity cause some issues? Thanks again for the info and congrats on the new bag!

I just got my 14 way yesterday and here are some just thoughts from this years bag and last years, as well as just the goods and bads.

- I use midsized grips and they move in and out with no issue. Use the 2G Tour wrap, just as a FYI

- I honestly liked the color scheme more last year with the white zippers, white zipper tags and the white vessel stitching.

- However, there is no better looking bag on the market. It is just so smooth looking, even though last years model was better color wise.

- Love the removable straps and main reason why I bought it as I use this more as a cart bag. I use the straps when walking to the range, but love that I can remove it in the cart and pretty much make it a light cart bag. However, for what you are charged you should get a choice of the strap you want. It is kind of bogus that you have to pay extra for single strap. I actually used carabiner clips in the 2018 model, to remove the straps.

- Would purchase again, but they have room for improvement and honestly I would probably save the money and buy the older model.

- THE BAD....... Why can't they get the legs right? The first say 10 times I picked up the bag the legs would contract back into place. But, after about 10 times those dang legs won't snap back into place and stick out and your legs will bump into theirs. I mean come on...... If I walked all the time, I wouldn't purchase the bag, but because I rarely do and when I do I usually have a caddie it isn't a big deal to me. But, this is a MAJOR flaw with this bag.

Titleist TSi2 VA Composites Nemesys

PXG 0211 3 Wood Evenflow Riptide CB 60

Callaway Big Bertha V-Series Heavenwood

PXG 0211 4-Gap True Temper Elevate Tour

Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54* 58* AWT 2.0 Wedge

PXG Blackjack Putter

Titleist Pro V1

That's a great looking bag, thank you for the review. Do you feel that the leg mechanism will loosen up and work better with time and use? Why did you put your woods in the row that is at the bottom of the top when the stand is in use? Are they still easy to pull in this configuration or do the irons and gravity cause some issues? Thanks again for the info and congrats on the new bag!

The problem isn't the legs coming out, it is them retracting back in. The dang things stick out from time to time. To answer the other question, I use them more in a cart so I have them like that. If I am walking say at like a walking only course, I will flip them around.

Mica

Great looking, thanks for the pics.

I’m still anxiously awaiting my 14 way that I ordered 3-4 week ago. Getting frustrated at the lack of communication. I haven’t received anything about a delay, etc. I’ve reached out directly so hopefully I’ll hear back, and more importantly get the bag, soon.

Ping G 400 Max 9 degree w/ Proforce VTS Black 7s
Cobra F7 14.5 degree w/ Elements Chrome 7s
Cleveland Classic 18 degree hybrid w/ Fuji Fuel 95s
4-PW Srixon 585 and 785 AW w/ nippon modus 120,
Cleveland RTX4 54 and 58 w/ nippon modus 125 wedge shaft
Putter: Evnroll ER2 35'
Ball: TM TP5x or Pro V1x

I finally received my white Vessel Player 2.0 Stand Bag. I have to agree with what everyone else has said regarding the quality. The quality and craftsmanship is fantastic. I haven’t had the chance to get it out on the course yet due to the incessant rain. I am cautiously optimistic on how the legs will perform. Initially they seem fine, but time will tell. I'm hoping I'll get to play next week.

Here are some pros/cons after initial impressions:

Pro:

• Attention to details
  • Materials
  • Overall design
  • Number of pockets & location, the elastic mesh pocket inside the large right side pocket is a great idea
  • Strap system
  • The 14-way divider is well thought out (I actually have 15 clubs and alignment sticks in the bag with no issue)

Cons:

• While I like the top, the dividers don’t appear to go all the way down, and the outer dividers are not attached to anything, they are basically a flap between the clubs. I can actually see my driver grip through the putter pocket at the top of the bag
  • Too many logo’s cluttering the bag (shoe pocket (2), magnetic pocket, bag bottom, strap, bag handle. This was one of the things that attracted me to the bag to begin with, the lack of branding.
  • The valuables pocket (not the internal locking one) is too small to get your hand in and out of easily, one more inch longer would be helpful.
  • Weight is 7 pounds, compared to my Sun Mountain 4.5 at 5.5 pounds, we'll see if I even notice
  • I would have liked to have seen the zippers and pulls stay white for a cleaner look. I can only assume the reason they aren’t doing that on this one is because when they got dirty they were too difficult to clean.

TaylorMade M5 10.5˚ - Ventus Black 6X

TaylorMade M6 3-Wood 15˚ & 18˚ 5-Wood - Ventus Black 7X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-PW - TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Titleist SM7 50˚-08˚ L, 54˚-10˚ S, 58˚-04˚ L - True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Scotty Cameron Newport AOP Raw

TaylorMade TP5

I finally received my white Vessel Player 2.0 Stand Bag. I have to agree with what everyone else has said regarding the quality. The quality and craftsmanship is fantastic. I haven’t had the chance to get it out on the course yet due to the incessant rain. I am cautiously optimistic on how the legs will perform. Initially they seem fine, but time will tell. I'm hoping I'll get to play next week.

Here are some pros/cons after initial impressions:

Pro:

• Attention to details
  • Materials
  • Overall design
  • Number of pockets & location, the elastic mesh pocket inside the large right side pocket is a great idea
  • Strap system
  • The 14-way divider is well thought out (I actually have 15 clubs and alignment sticks in the bag with no issue)

Cons:

• While I like the top, the dividers don’t appear to go all the way down, and the outer dividers are not attached to anything, they are basically a flap between the clubs. I can actually see my driver grip through the putter pocket at the top of the bag
  • Too many logo’s cluttering the bag (shoe pocket (2), magnetic pocket, bag bottom, strap, bag handle. This was one of the things that attracted me to the bag to begin with, the lack of branding.
  • The valuables pocket (not the internal locking one) is too small to get your hand in and out of easily, one more inch longer would be helpful.
  • Weight is 7 pounds, compared to my Sun Mountain 4.5 at 5.5 pounds, we'll see if I even notice
  • I would have liked to have seen the zippers and pulls stay white for a cleaner look. I can only assume the reason they aren’t doing that on this one is because when they got dirty they were too difficult to clean.

Well said, the branding was much better last year, meaning there was less.

Those legs are just horrible, again I would NEVER use this as a walking bag. I use it truly as a lightweight cart bag. You would think for a premium bag they would figure that out.

• 5 weeks later...

> @Dubv23 said:

> > @MKPAPA said:

> > I should receive my 14-way by the end of next week. Sucks to hear about the leg's not being great for walking. Guess i'll use my current bag for no-cart rounds

>

> I don't know how long it takes for the leg issue to creep up but I'm three carry rounds in and the legs snap back into place perfectly.

WHATUPMYGUY! Yaa, hopefully it doesn't happen to yours or anyone else's. These bags look way to primo to have any mechanical issues. It'd be funny if @TinkerGolfMan's does

• 2 weeks later...

> @Dubv23 said:

> I haven't seen an issue like this but 3 weeks after ownership I am having wear spots in the fabric. Mostly around the area that runs along my back while carrying and another small spot near the towel loop. I have already contacted customer service but want to share since it's my first time seeing something like this.

>

> 4j5kopeusfvg.jpg

> 1xqh47ydo48t.jpg

> r6hszz3i55aj.jpg

>

That's disappointing to see. Really like how this bag looks, but I don't know if I want to have to worry about a bag wearing that way after a few weeks of ownership.

WITB
Driver: 10.5* SIM set 1 click lower- shaft Diamana D+ 70s

Fairway:  Cobra F9 5w turned down to 17* Diamana White 80s

Hybrids: 19* Srixon H65 Proforce V2 85f4
Irons: 24* X Forged Utility w/ Modus 120s, 5-PW Ben Hoga PTx Pro Modus 125s
Wedges: 48* bent to 49* Vokey SM6 F Grind, Zipcore 52* Mid bent to 53*, Zipcore 56* Mid Raw bent to 58*. All wedges have DGTI S400
Putter: Toulon Las Vegas or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can Finish

I am sure glad you all posted reviews of this bag. I was set to purchase one but wanted more reviews. I walk every round and sagging legs that don't retract are unacceptable for my needs. I had assumed a bag of this quality and price would function properly, all the time. Thanks to everyone for posting their comments.. I'll keep looking for a new bag.

Titleist TSi3 8.0 Smoke Blue RDX  60TX
Titleist TSi3 13.5 Ventus Red 7x
Mizuno MP20mb 4-pw Project X LZ
Vokey SM7 56M 08, 60L04
Scotty Newport Button Back or
Scotty Select 1/500 Newport

I went ahead and bought the Vessel Players 2.0 Stand Bag, despite the findings here. Sold my beloved Jones Trouper. Loaded up the Vessel today. Looks good and do wonder how it's going to hold up when I bang it around my trunk and rattle it around all the Golf carts here. The Jones Trouper is bulletproof and holds it's goodlooks regardless of my treatment. I can only hope my habits are easier on this bag than other people have experienced. I do like that when I purchased the bag, Vessel donates a backpack to a needy child. Hmmm, does that mean they will rip the backpack off the child if I return it?

ez0nza9ji52f.jpeg

e4vjsjnkybi2.jpeg

dsha755r0ws5.jpeg

• 4 months later...

This bag is very sharp but I’m not happy to see those wear marks. That would drive me up a wall! Those look like cart strap wear marks. BB

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

> @stabbinatit said:

> Any further thoughts good or bad? I’m considering the Player 2.0 and the Jones Utility Trouper.

30 + rounds on carts and no wear signs like above. I’m not too gentle putting our bags in and out of the trunk. It does get a bit dirty but can be washed up. This is one of those weird things, the quality and looks are nice! But I’m just not wild about it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ... meh.

I’ve had my white w/ black since April and it’s almost always in my trunk. I have to say, whatever material they use for the white is amazing. It still looks great. I haven’t had the droopy-leg problem, but I either push-cart or cart most rounds. I do use the range a lot, but that doesn’t create much up and down.

I’ve been thrilled with the bag and expect my next one to be another of these or Stitch.