P760 VS Z785

krod10359

Some pics of the 760, they look great as well. My best friends wife is pretty ugly and he thinks she’s beautiful. Whatever though right? As long as your happy with how it it performs.

Thanks for pics.....love the industrial mix of sharp lines and soft curves....chrome and satin blend.....NEXT SET OF STIX!

Some pics of the 760, they look great as well. My best friends wife is pretty ugly and he thinks she’s beautiful. Whatever though right? As long as your happy with how it it performs.

what you play before?

I played the z785 and 0311P and before that 718 AP2.

sweet let us know your thoughts when you get sometime with them. Could be first year my bag is mainly TM

I just got a set of 785s delivered. Outside of a few blades, these might be the best looking irons I've ever seen.

Srixon offers TONS of shafts and grips at no upcharge, and for a much lower price. The quote I got for my 5-p set was unreal and made the decision easy.

Congrats and welcome to the club! I LOVE mine. Great looks and feel. I am beyond happy with mine. My mp-32 are probably never gonna see the course again. Very happy I did not order mp-18 mb that I was considering. The z785 are just a little thicker top line but way more forgiving and I think feel even better.

When I first looked at the 785s the other day, that was the ONLY offsetting thing to me was the thickness of the topline. However, in coming from Miura CB 57s at present, pretty much any other top line will look thick. But in comparing specs of the 718 TMB and JPX 919 Tour, the Srixon had the least amount of offset, which is a key thing for me, at least in appearance.

Been playing the p760s for a little under a month now and I absolutely love them. One thing that has really surprised me and that I didn't expect to have any effect was the new sole grind that they have. Turf interaction is fantastic. For being a smallish players iron forgiveness on chunks and skinny shots is great. Feel is great, soft and still give great feedback, can tell exactly where the ball was struck. 1000% would recommend the p760s to anyone.

The only reason I haven't got the 760's yet is price. With TM, you can bet your bottom dollar a $1400 set of irons will be had for $750 or $800 by mid season... Heck maybe even before then. Got my 790's in February of last year for well below retail. There's literally no reason to buy clubs brand new anymore unless you are looking to burn cash.

^ this is exactly why I stopped buying TM new. Can't wait for the prices of the M6 to drop in 6-8 months :)

Srixon Z785 w/ PX 6.0 HZRDUS yellow (S) shaft
Srizon F65 3w (15*) w/ stock Miyazaki Kaula (S)
Srixon Z U85 20* driving iron
Taylormade P7TW irons (3-PW) in S400 tour issue shafts
Taylormade Hi Toe 54 and 58 wedges
Bettinardi Studio Stock 8 putter

This is going to be a tough decision for me. They are both super nice irons, and they are my top two choices right now.

If that's the case, you can't go wrong with either!

Srixon Z785 w/ PX 6.0 HZRDUS yellow (S) shaft
Srizon F65 3w (15*) w/ stock Miyazaki Kaula (S)
Srixon Z U85 20* driving iron
Taylormade P7TW irons (3-PW) in S400 tour issue shafts
Taylormade Hi Toe 54 and 58 wedges
Bettinardi Studio Stock 8 putter

• 1 month later...

I went into a fitting looking at the p760s. Unfortunately, I ended up hating them. They just didnt perform for me. I was carrying 175 with 7 iron with rather terrible dispersion (even for me lol). Fitter handed me a club and said try this and don't look at it. Felt amazing, and flew straight as an arrow. I looked down and turned out they were the z785. 7 iron 1.45 smash and 192 carry. Ended up putting the money down on the z785 over all the 10-15 other clubs i ended up trying.

I went into a fitting looking at the p760s. Unfortunately, I ended up hating them. They just didnt perform for me. I was carrying 175 with 7 iron with rather terrible dispersion (even for me lol). Fitter handed me a club and said try this and don't look at it. Felt amazing, and flew straight as an arrow. I looked down and turned out they were the z785. 7 iron 1.45 smash and 192 carry. Ended up putting the money down on the z785 over all the 10-15 other clubs i ended up trying.

If you don't want those numbers called out you might.........never mind, those numbers are going to get called out :-).

PGA average in 2017 was 172 yards with a smash factor of 1.33. They did not achieve a 1.45 smash until a three iron.

20 yards further than the tour but a HC of 6??????????

Whatever

Driver- Titleist TsR2 with Graphite Design Tour AD

4w - Titleist Tsi2 with Tensei Raw Blue shaft

19 Hy - Titleist 818 H1 with Atmos Tour Spec

23 Hy - Titleist 818 with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI shaft

5i-PW - Bridgestone J15 CB with Recoil F4 110 shafts

50,54,and 58 Wilson Staff wedges with SF shafts

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

I’m playing a 585/785 combo set and loving them. Had a brief love affair with 760 but just did not get along with them. Feel, distance and forgiveness on the 785 7-PW is excellent and of course the 585 are very forgiving. I will also add that the 785 are longer and easier to hit for me than the new Apex Pros built to the same specs. Really impressed with Srixon

• Like 1

If you don't want those numbers called out you might.........never mind, those numbers are going to get called out :-).

PGA average in 2017 was 172 yards with a smash factor of 1.33. They did not achieve a 1.45 smash until a three iron.

Whatever

I'm a 24 handicaper. When I was off 28 I had i500 irons I hit my i500 ping irons when I had them at a fitting prior to changing to AP1. All standard loft. Average 7 iron carry was 180 yards (165m) and average smash factor of 1.44

Before you go and blast me for having them numbers and being off now 22 I can't hit a long club and my short game sucks. I went the AP1 as I can actually hit that 5 iron and am working on my short game.

My brother in-law hits a 7 iron 170m and never has under 1.4 smash and plays off 10. Some people are great through the whole bag and some are not.

Whatever

I'm a 24 handicaper. When I was off 28 I had i500 irons I hit my i500 ping irons when I had them at a fitting prior to changing to AP1. All standard loft. Average 7 iron carry was 180 yards (165m) and average smash factor of 1.44

Before you go and blast me for having them numbers and being off now 22 I can't hit a long club and my short game sucks. I went the AP1 as I can actually hit that 5 iron and am working on my short game.

My brother in-law hits a 7 iron 170m and never has under 1.4 smash and plays off 10. Some people are great through the whole bag and some are not.

I had not realized the PGA had fallen so far behind amateur players in distance!

Driver- Titleist TsR2 with Graphite Design Tour AD

4w - Titleist Tsi2 with Tensei Raw Blue shaft

19 Hy - Titleist 818 H1 with Atmos Tour Spec

23 Hy - Titleist 818 with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI shaft

5i-PW - Bridgestone J15 CB with Recoil F4 110 shafts

50,54,and 58 Wilson Staff wedges with SF shafts

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

Whatever

I had not realized the PGA had fallen so far behind amateur players in distance!

I live at 1000m altitude. I think this may be why actually?

.....the real issue is smash goes down as the loft is increased, conversely the flatter the face the higher smash can be achieved. Since 7i is shaving the ball and driver is flattening the ball, max with 7 at std loft will not likely exceed 1.35 even with the best strikes....and I hit 7i 185+ at sea level, 1.33..just fyi

I got fitted for the irons in January and the P760 won out the spot in the bag for this period of time. They are a great set that has minimal offset, off the chart forgiveness and just a solid overall club. Don't get me wrong, the Srixon's are great clubs and I would not hesitate to put them into my bag again (owned and still own 765's) but after a fitting; my number with dispersion, length and forgiveness does not lie. I got my current Srixons because I came across a great deal that i could not pass up but did not get fit for them. I played them for a year or so with no problems but went into this iron fitting open to anything. After the fitting, the Srixons are benched for the P760 and I have been able to play around 15 times this year and have not regretted it yet. They might not look as good as Srixon but results is what matters to me.

Driver: Titleist TSR4 - Folds of Honor Ventura Blue TR
Fairway: Taylormade Stealth 2 16.5 - Tour UB TX

7 Wood: PXG Gen 5 7 wood - AD XS

Hybrid: PXG Gen 6 22* 4 - Tour AD 95x
Irons:   PXG 0317 CB 5-G - Steelfiber Reserve 110cw
Wedges:  TaylorMade MG3 54* / Taylormade Hi Toe 58* - KBS TGI
Putter: 1st - Low Tide Stability BLACK / Odyssey Tank Stability Black CounterBalance / Goodwood M6
Ball: Titleist -Prov1x, 2022 AVX, Tour B XS, TP5x  (Left Dash is number 1 ball but Bridgestone XS is close second)  

I got fitted for the irons in January and the P760 won out the spot in the bag for this period of time. They are a great set that has minimal offset, off the chart forgiveness and just a solid overall club. Don't get me wrong, the Srixon's are great clubs and I would not hesitate to put them into my bag again (owned and still own 765's) but after a fitting; my number with dispersion, length and forgiveness does not lie. I got my current Srixons because I came across a great deal that i could not pass up but did not get fit for them. I played them for a year or so with no problems but went into this iron fitting open to anything. After the fitting, the Srixons are benched for the P760 and I have been able to play around 15 times this year and have not regretted it yet. They might not look as good as Srixon but results is what matters to me.

Did you find you got fliers with the Srixons? I'm considering a set of 765 with either Modus 120 or PX LZ in them but keep seeing low spin in reviews and comments on here of some fliers.

Did you find you got fliers with the Srixons? I'm considering a set of 765 with either Modus 120 or PX LZ in them but keep seeing low spin in reviews and comments on here of some fliers.

I played the Modus 125x shafts in my srixons and I did not see any fliers at all. I tried the PX LZ and just have trouble loading the shaft each and every time. My real issue with the srixons and why I went with the 760 was the dispersion with Srixon was both directions and I hate that feeling. The 760 miss was more of a consistent fade no matter how bad a swing I put on it. Hope that helps

Driver: Titleist TSR4 - Folds of Honor Ventura Blue TR
Fairway: Taylormade Stealth 2 16.5 - Tour UB TX

7 Wood: PXG Gen 5 7 wood - AD XS

Hybrid: PXG Gen 6 22* 4 - Tour AD 95x
Irons:   PXG 0317 CB 5-G - Steelfiber Reserve 110cw
Wedges:  TaylorMade MG3 54* / Taylormade Hi Toe 58* - KBS TGI
Putter: 1st - Low Tide Stability BLACK / Odyssey Tank Stability Black CounterBalance / Goodwood M6
Ball: Titleist -Prov1x, 2022 AVX, Tour B XS, TP5x  (Left Dash is number 1 ball but Bridgestone XS is close second)  

I’ve had the z765s since they came out, and I’ve never had a flier in all that time. In fact, one of the things that I like the most is the consistency of distance.

Taylormade M2 2017
Mizuno MX700 3W
Titleist 909h 19*
Srixon U65 23*
Srixon Z765 5-PW
Cleveland 588 RTXcb 50, 56, 60
Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5m

Whatever

We're definitely not betting...a 22 hdcp claiming he's a 24 :)

Whatever

We're definitely not betting...a 22 hdcp claiming he's a 24 :)

Huh??

I played the Modus 125x shafts in my srixons and I did not see any fliers at all. I tried the PX LZ and just have trouble loading the shaft each and every time. My real issue with the srixons and why I went with the 760 was the dispersion with Srixon was both directions and I hate that feeling. The 760 miss was more of a consistent fade no matter how bad a swing I put on it. Hope that helps

Fantastic reason to game irons! Knowing your miss is everything

I’ve had the z765s since they came out, and I’ve never had a flier in all that time. In fact, one of the things that I like the most is the consistency of distance.

Agreed, not really any flyers, and higher launch and lower spin when compressing out of the rough was my experience with the 765’s