P760 VS Z785

i have had the srixon 765 with Modus 105 for 2 season now and love them. Being a true iron ho i still test every new iron that comes out to compare and cannot find one set that can knock the 765 out of the bag. They look perfect for a forged players iron, they are compact with little offset, feel great and just flat out perform. Zero issues with fliers for me, very consistent distances throughout the set. Cant even find a reason to upgrade to the new 785

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][b]DRIVER[/b]- Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s
[b]3 WOOD[/b]- GBB Epic Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
[b]HYBRID[/b]- Titleist 818 H1 19/23 Hybrid Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s
[b]IRONS[/b]- Srixon 765/565 Nippon Modus 105s
[b]GAP[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 52 Modus 105
[b]SAND[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 54 Modus 105
[b]LOB[/b]- Callaway MD3 Chrome 58 Modus 105
[b]PUTTER[/b]- Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
[b]BALL[/b]- Callaway Chrome Soft X[/font][/size]

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the taylor made for me were not nearly as good as the srixon. The Srixon felt soft and forgiving and look great   Sorry for lack of information. I meant to say i tried and did a demo with the taylor m

They absolutely feel softer to me, and the 760s have a lovely little grind on them. Turf interaction is much better with these in the 4-6 irons

Some pics of the 760, they look great as well. My best friends wife is pretty ugly and he thinks she’s beautiful. Whatever though right? As long as your happy with how it it performs.

the taylor made for me were not nearly as good as the srixon. The Srixon felt soft and forgiving and look great

• Like 1

Callaway 9 Rogue Driver with Oban Tour Blue 
Callaway 15 Epic 3 wood with Oban Kiyoshi Gold
Titleist 919H with Fujikura Atmos Tour Blue
Srixon 765 Irons with Nippon Tour Modus 105
Callaway MD3 wedges with Nippon Modus 115
Bettinardi Queen Bee putter
Bridgestone Bx Ball

I demo'd some irons at the end of last season and it came down to a coin flip between these two. I could have easily went either way, but chose the 760s since i was hitting them a touch further with equally good dispersion. Unfortunately I have not yet taken them to the course due to the weather though. Looking forward to spring. They replaced jpx 900 tours.

Titleist TS3 8.5 @10.25 HZRDS Smoke 65 6.0
Cobra King F9 Tour 3-4 at 15* Atmos Tour spec blue 6S
Nike VR Pro 2 Hybrid PX 6.0
Srixon U85 4 Iron DG 120 X100
TM 760 Irons 5-pw DG 120 X100

Vokey 50, 54 PX LX 6.0, KBS Tour V X
Taylormade Hi toe 60 KBS tour V 115
Cleveland Huntington Beach Number 1 35"
Vice Pro Plus Ball

the taylor made for me were not nearly as good as the srixon. The Srixon felt soft and forgiving and look great

Sorry for lack of information. I meant to say i tried and did a demo with the taylor made, but never purchased them. I would never sell my 765 ever. If i did move on i would upgrade to the 785 for sure.

I just cannot believe the forgiveness and looks and feel of the srixon, they are amazing. Sorry for the confusion

• Like 2

Callaway 9 Rogue Driver with Oban Tour Blue 
Callaway 15 Epic 3 wood with Oban Kiyoshi Gold
Titleist 919H with Fujikura Atmos Tour Blue
Srixon 765 Irons with Nippon Tour Modus 105
Callaway MD3 wedges with Nippon Modus 115
Bettinardi Queen Bee putter
Bridgestone Bx Ball

• 3 weeks later...

I love the 760's, and the feel is really good. Not playing them currently, but they are still in my office staring at me :) This thread is somewhat a microcosm of the site, and the quality of the equipment being put out today. There is such little difference in the irons between TaylorMade, Srixon, Mizuno, Cobra, Callaway, Titleist, etc. Just play what looks best to you, and what bounce profile works best. Ping is a different animal IMO, and I do admire them for generally sticking to their guns on design.

TaylorMade SIM, 9*, MRC Tensei Pro White - 70TX
TaylorMade SIM TI, 15*, MRC Tensei Pro White - 80TX
Callaway UT 3i, PX 6.0
TaylorMade P7-TW, 4i-PW, DGTI X100
Callaway Jaws MD5 raw 52S, 56S, 60T, DG TI S400
Piretti GOAT
TayloreMade TP5
  • 1 month later...

Somewhat old thread but am also interested in how the Srixons compare to the P760. Considering transitioning from Z765 and building a set of P760s.

Taylormade M3 8.5* Driver
Callaway Apex 20* Hybrid
Taylormade UDI 2-Iron
Taylormade P760 4-AW w/ PX 6.5
Cleveland RTX-3 55*/60*
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport Mil-Spec

I sold my p760’s at the end of the year and picked up the apex 19 combo set and I played them a few times on the sim and I am going back to the p760’s. I finally found a mint set of p760’s for a good price and the on their way. I couldn’t find a set with the dg tour white amt’s so will try the modus 120’s. I did try them out with the modus shaft at the store and I think they will b fine, if not I will have them re-shafted.