Miura MC 501 Blades - might be the best looking clubs ever

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

very limited time with my raw mc-501...   they don't/won't disappoint. hands down best irons i've owned (which is saying something given how many specialized sets over the years).   dispersion is cra

I hit the Tournament Blade when my swing was.. not good and I could hit it fine. Stuggled with the 4 and 5 irons but 6-PW were fine even when I didn't have good speed. I was also hitting them with tour issue X7s in them (they are my pro friend's). If you put the time into your swing I see no reason why the MC 501 wouldn't be usable. Only downside would be you may not get the spin and elevation you need to stop them as well as you might a more friendly OEM players cavity.

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9* Aldila Rogue 130MSI 60x

Taylormade Sim Max 15* Aldila Rogue 110MSI 70x

Callaway Apex '19 20* Veylix Rome 988 90x

Titleist U500 4i Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Titleist T100 5i-PW Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100  |  Miura CB-57 4i-7i, MB-001 8i-PW Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Titleist JDM Forged 51F & 56M Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Titleist SM8 60S Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Odyssey Double Wide Armlock 40" | Toulon Austin 34" | Byron Morgan DH89 34.75/70*/2*

Titleist Pro V1 or Bridgestone Tour BXS

Ping Hoofer

I’m not a Japanese club lover or devotee, but I have to say, I do like the shape. The squared off toe and the straight top line.

I like the height at which the top line meets the hosel as well. They are pretty “tall” at the hosel. I sure wouldn’t mind giving them a thorough testing.

Edit....cb 1008 isn’t too shabby either!

Here's 7 and 4 iron side by side. Sorry weather is crap rain here and can't go outside. If I hold the clubs one after the other I don't see a ton of difference. I see a lot more side by side though

and I like my mc501s so much I keep iron covers on them

IMG_20181214_061006-L.jpg

IMG_20181214_060940-L.jpg

IMG_20181214_061144-L.jpg

IMG_20181214_061107-L.jpg

Is imitation the sincerest form of flattery?!

it can be but when you used to be employed by Miura and then come out with your own line of clubs I think not.
TAYLORMADE SIM MAX 8.0 / VENTUS BLACK 7X
TAYLORMADE SIM TI 3 WOOD 15 / VENTUS BLACK 7X
TAYLORMADE SIM MAX 3H, 4H / HZDRUS SMOKE BLACK 90 6.5
MIURA CB1007 5-PW / ALDILA RIP TOUR 115 X-FLEX SOFT STEPPED ONCE
CLEVELAND ZIP CORE RAW 48, 52, 58 / DGTI BLACK ONYX S400
SCOTTY CAMERON SPECIAL SELECT FLOWBACK 5

it can be but when you used to be employed by Miura and then come out with your own line of clubs I think not.

The owner of new level was with Muira???

AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
AB TP 3HL / 757
XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
DWS 24*/ VS Proto
J15 CB 5-PW/ Modus 3 125S
X-Forged MD (50*, 56* 60*)
Spider Si/ SS Mid SLim 2.0

I got a raw set of these from Will Peoples. They are beautiful looking clubs with amazing feel, great sole grind, and very playable for any level of ball striker. Sadly I am a high spin iron player, so just like the AP2, I spin these too much to be ideal for me. Haven't decided if I will keep them around as a back up set or sell them just because they feel so pure and look so good. I would think if you get along with the AP2 you would get along well with the MC-501.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ Triple Diamond 9* Tensei AV Raw Orange 65TX
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15* Tensei AV Raw Blue 75TX
PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* Graphite Design Tour IZ 95X
PXG 0311T Gen 3 Project X 6.0HS
Titleist Vokey SM8 50*F, 55*S, 60*M Project X 6.0
Bettinardi BB0 Flow DASS

I have yet to see these in person but it is safe to say the Miura is generally smaller than other clubs. It’s hard to tell in pictures even next to a reference club that you are familiar with. Looking at jamgams pictures, the top line looks extremely thin. Ive owned baby blades and 1957 CB irons and they were smaller than expected.

I have yet to see these in person but it is safe to say the Miura is generally smaller than other clubs. It's hard to tell in pictures even next to a reference club that you are familiar with. Looking at jamgams pictures, the top line looks extremely thin. Ive owned baby blades and 1957 CB irons and they were smaller than expected.

I wanted to test your theory. To see for myself also and feel free to make fun of my club whoring

Clubs-XL.jpg

The owner of new level was with Muira???

yes he was.

I wanted to test your theory. To see for myself also and feel free to make fun of my club whoring

Clubs-XL.jpg

Thiiiin top line is sexy. But why did you turn the 501 closed compared to the rest?! My OCD cannot accept the comparison as valid with that difference.

you guys are killing me. Please quit spelling the companies name incorrectly. MIURA is the correct spelling.

I have yet to see these in person but it is safe to say the Miura is generally smaller than other clubs. It's hard to tell in pictures even next to a reference club that you are familiar with. Looking at jamgams pictures, the top line looks extremely thin. Ive owned baby blades and 1957 CB irons and they were smaller than expected.

Clubs-XL.jpg

Am I seeing that right, is the 501 head smaller than the 1957 blade head?

I game the MC501 with black TT AMT White shafts - surprisingly forgiving (compared to my MB-5003, which are larger heads, IMO). Butter soft on good hits, and I love the thin top line. The chunky top line of the P790 made it a no-go for me. I'm currently eyeing a set of Honma Tour World blades which are as good as, if not better than these.

Srixon Z785 w/ PX 6.0 HZRDUS yellow (S) shaft
Srizon F65 3w (15*) w/ stock Miyazaki Kaula (S)
Srixon Z U85 20* driving iron
Taylormade P7TW irons (3-PW) in S400 tour issue shafts
Taylormade Hi Toe 54 and 58 wedges
Bettinardi Studio Stock 8 putter

I keep looking at these clubs and i really want them. I just can't get myself to pull the trigger knowing they are going to look like my current CB's in less then a year. People ask me if i have a special grind on them cause they are so beat up from cart paths and rocks

Titleist TS3 / HZRDUS smoke green Hulk 70 TX 
Titleist TS3 5 Wood / Atmos black tour spec 90TX
Titleist 818 20.5 H2 Hybrid / Tensei white X
Titleist 620 CB 4-9 / Project X LZ 6.5
Titleist SM7 45/9 wedge
Titleist SM7 raw 51/11 wedge
Titleist SM8 black 56/10 wedge
Titleist SM8 black 60/8 wedge
Scotty Cameron Newport (custom all black with polished face and dots)

probably a whole nother discussion argument thread but I don't hit off anything that will damage club. No way no how. Whether I pay $1000 or $100 for the clubs, . Ya they're tools but sorry don't care what golf purists think. I also keep them covered until I play so keeps bag chatter to a minimum. Accidents happen but not going to intentionally do it

How do the wedges play?

Driver = Taylormade SIM 8* Hzrdus green 6.0

1 iron = Titleist U501 Hzrdus smoke 6.0
3 iron = Titleist U500 Hzrdus smoke 6.0
Irons = Wilson Staff tour blade,  4-PW
Wedges = Titleist 52* SM6

Taylormade 56* and 60* MG2

Putter = Scotty Del Mar

Wilson Staff 8882

Ball = Experimenting at moment