Early Extension. Can’t beat this

00bolt

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you watch the video I posted? It's honestly not hard to do if you spend some time in front of the mirror. You basically aren't engaging your core at all with your pelvis in that position, so there might be some focused effort/exaggeration needed in terms of flexing your abs while pulling your tail bone under. Think of a drunk man slumped over sitting on a bar stool,

Yes, I watched the video. The entire pelvic thing makes sense to me now. Understanding it isn’t an issue any longer. However doing it is gonna be a little work. Even in front of a mirror. I can physically bring my pelvic up like in the video. I’m capable of it. But it’s not comfortable. It feels like I’m flexing or straining to hold the position. It’s not a relaxed feeling if that makes sense. It actually feels awkward to be in that position and try and take a golf swing. I know partially because I’m not used to it. But I do believe I’m gonna have to work on it outside of golf alone for this to become natural.

IG: golfer_scott

Callaway Epic - HZRDUS Black
Cobra F9 3 Wood
Titleist 818 H1 19° Hybrid
Miura CB-57 4-PW
Cleveland RTX4 50°, 54°, 58°
Custom Edel E-3 Putter

Dude honestly how often do you practice? Not trolling, but you seem extremely analytical about things like belt buckle angles and whatnot but you look like you're pretty much just getting started in your golf game. Keep hitting balls over and over and over while experimenting and you'll get the feel down, at least the general gist of the thing - if that doesn't work or if I'm wrong and you've been at this for years, then it might just be time to throw in the towel. It ain't rocket science after all. Get some athleticism in those shots, make that club do some work homeboy.

Yes, I watched the video. The entire pelvic thing makes sense to me now. Understanding it isn’t an issue any longer. However doing it is gonna be a little work. Even in front of a mirror. I can physically bring my pelvic up like in the video. I’m capable of it. But it’s not comfortable. It feels like I’m flexing or straining to hold the position. It’s not a relaxed feeling if that makes sense. It actually feels awkward to be in that position and try and take a golf swing. I know partially because I’m not used to it. But I do believe I’m gonna have to work on it outside of golf alone for this to become natural.

See my previous post above - it likely will take some work outside of the golf swing if you have anterior pelvic tilt.

----> See my current WITB
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Fujikura VENTUS Red 6 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 15° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 18° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

It could also be this is your natural instinct and breaking it will be like learning to walk all over again. Not undo able but will you be any better even if you get there? Sometimes you just accept what is and then put your effort into working with what you have, maximizing it and not beating yourself up for what could be minimal gain.

It could also be this is your natural instinct and breaking it will be like learning to walk all over again. Not undo able but will you be any better even if you get there? Sometimes you just accept what is and then put your effort into working with what you have, maximizing it and not beating yourself up for what could be minimal gain.

It’s funny you used that analogy.

I walked with duck feet, too bent over and chin down.

My knees, hips, low back, mid back and neck always hurt. The PT after my surgery last year said chin up, shoulders back and feet in.

Lower back still hurts because I’m a golfer and years of swinging over 130 mph the wrong way isn’t going to change that, but knees, hips, middle back and neck are much better.

This change isn’t just for a minimal gain in his swing...which won’t be minimal, it’s about getting his body to move more freely by unlocking his pelvis and not putting so much pressure on his lower back and hip sockets.

All "tips" are welcome. Instruction not desired. 

The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

BERTRAND RUSSELL

Just want to say thanks to everyone who’s taken time to throw in some wisdom and help. I really do appreciate it. I know I can be a pain at times. I’m a slow learner and over analytical at times. But I’m trying to not only improve but also understand.

That all said. I’ve spent a good amount of time in front of the mirror the last couple days and today I finally was able to sneak away to the club for 45 mins and try and hit a few. Unfortunately they had us on mats today. But I did sneak a few shots off the turf anyway just to make sure it wasn’t false advertisement off the mats.

So basically what I’m trying to focus on is my pelvic tilt, full deep hip turn and not swinging with my arms and letting my body rotation bring the club down. I don’t know how to explain everything but I have a feeling right now and it seems to be working. At least my results were working. I was STRIPING my 4 iron straight as an arrow nearly every shot or a baby draw. And I felt like I was only swinging 3/4 swings. But when I look back at the video I was taking it nearly back to parallel.

Anyway. What do you guys think? Of course this was only 45 mins of practice. Hopefully I’ll continue to work it in and everything to become more natural.

One video is slow mo and other is full speed

Cobra F9 3 Wood
Miura CB-57 4-PW
Custom Edel E-3 Putter

Btw. My lower back is ALWAYS sore and tight. And now knowing what I know I’m sure my pelvic tilt and strain from golf probably all has a lot to do with it. If changing this does nothing more than relieve pain, I’ll be over the moon happy!! I turn 40 in 2019. I could use anything that will help me stay healthy and move more freely

Cobra F9 3 Wood
Miura CB-57 4-PW
Custom Edel E-3 Putter

Btw. My lower back is ALWAYS sore and tight. And now knowing what I know I’m sure my pelvic tilt and strain from golf probably all has a lot to do with it. If changing this does nothing more than relieve pain, I’ll be over the moon happy!! I turn 40 in 2019. I could use anything that will help me stay healthy and move more freely

It'll help with your posture overall, and should also put less strain on your lower back.

I'm hitting balls in my garage right now and actually just noticed I've had some creeping back into my setup. I can already feel in my core and pelvis muscles from working into posterior tilt in my setup.

----> See my current WITB
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Fujikura VENTUS Red 6 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 15° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 18° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

I seriously hope you’ve done an online lesson with Monte or at least purchased some of his videos in exchange for all the free advice you’ve gotten

Glove: ML
Tees: 2 3/4
Towel: white
Repair tool: metal
Ball Marker: largest poker chip in the world
Iron headcovers: wait, what?

The feedback system is annoying

It’s funny you used that analogy.

I walked with duck feet, too bent over and chin down.

My knees, hips, low back, mid back and neck always hurt. The PT after my surgery last year said chin up, shoulders back and feet in.

Lower back still hurts because I’m a golfer and years of swinging over 130 mph the wrong way isn’t going to change that, but knees, hips, middle back and neck are much better.

This change isn’t just for a minimal gain in his swing...which won’t be minimal, it’s about getting his body to move more freely by unlocking his pelvis and not putting so much pressure on his lower back and hip sockets.

I completely agree his swing will be MUCH better. I'm throwing out more of a conversation piece. If your athletic instincts are so removed from where you are trying to get will the fight/work actually be an improvement? Especially if one ends up constantly trying to reign in that instinct?

Kind of like "I want to swing like Ben Hogan, but my body is built like Monte Scheinblum." You just aren't getting there. Just to be clear in no way am I arguing or questioning. On the contrary I'm actually very interested on your thoughts on cases like these.

I knew you were arguing, I just wanted to share my recent experience with your analogy.

All "tips" are welcome. Instruction not desired. 

The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

BERTRAND RUSSELL

Yes. I can only do 1-2 things at a time haha. Right now I’m trying to make this pelvic tilt and rotating more with my body and not so much a “swing” with my arms more natural. Then I can fine tune the rest.

Cobra F9 3 Wood
Miura CB-57 4-PW
Custom Edel E-3 Putter

• 2 weeks later...

has anyone mentioned how weak the right hand grip is? seems like it would be a lot easier to fix EE if the club wasn't wide open perhaps? just throwing in my .02

TSi3 10 @ 10.75 Ventus Black 6x 45"

TS2 15* Hzrdus smoke black 70g 6.5 43"

TS3 18* Hzrdus smoke black RDX  80g 6.5 41.5"

New Level NLU-01 22* and 25* Hzrdus smoke black rdx 100g 6.5
New Level 902-OS 6-P (KBS tour 130x) -1* weak on each

Vokey sm8 50@49/12 KBS $ taper HT 130, Sm9 54@53/10S,

58/4T KBS $ taper HT 125 or 58/8m DGx100 mid TI
L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1 35"/ 69* Press II

Been working on my pelvic tilt since this thread started. Believe it or not things have gotten better (I think) and feeling more comfortable and natural.

But since I’ve been working on that, I tried working on a few other things. (Mostly the EE and hip rotation). Left range today after practicing and was hitting ball pretty well. But didn’t have my phone mount to take a video so came straight home and tried to mimic a swing I was just doing on the range. Please ignore the garage, it’s a mess. Been working on my bike.

Anyway. What do you guys think of the progress specifically of the pelvic tilt? Seems now that I’m doing that better, I am indeed fighting off the EE and getting better hip rotation, but now all a sudden I can’t seem to keep my head still and I’m chunking a few

Cobra F9 3 Wood
Miura CB-57 4-PW
Custom Edel E-3 Putter

I think your hands are too close to your hips. Your arms don’t hang naturally and are being brought back towards your body. Turn and rotation are good but, do it a few times with arms hanging more naturally and I think you’ll see better contact.

But, whatever Monte says definitely trumps me (he is the real G).

As a sufferer if EE, I’m following this. Looking to fix it as well.

No point in analyzing a practice swing. Everything is different when swinging at a ball.

I think this is true and especially true of EE or flipping/casting.

For the most part EE and casting are your body’s compensation to being out of position and needing to hit the ball. There’s no way for you to go from point A to contact with the ball without EE or casting whatever that issue happens to be. Having the intent of hitting the ball highlights these issues. My 02

No point in analyzing a practice swing. Everything is different when swinging at a ball.

I'll take that one further. There's little point analysing your golf swing at the driving range. The changes you can make on the range often comes crashing down under pressure on the course. You want to film your game swing to get an accurate picture of your changes.

Sorry guys. I realize it’s not the same. I was mostly referring to my pelvic tilt at address. That’s what the entire thread has basically been about and what I was having such a hard time with

Cobra F9 3 Wood
Miura CB-57 4-PW
Custom Edel E-3 Putter

Take this from one that really struggled with it and still do at times if my tempo gets fast...

The way I fivmxed mine was focusing more on what my right foot was doing..

Your up on the toe very early.

For me mine was caused by a steep downswing and a swing low and left. I had no choice but to stand up through impact.

Strike suffers big time because of it.

If you take short swings inslow motion focusing on rolling on to the inside of the right foot rather than letting the right helel come off the ground. It's a strange feeling when you are used to what you do but i can pretty much guarantee you won't loose the tush line as easy...the small danger with it is you can slide instead of turn into the ball which is also bad..

I used to set a ball under the outside of my right foot just as a training wheels to remind me not to get off the heel until after impact.. it'll feel like an all upper body arms swing but it's only a feeling.

Take this from one that really struggled with it and still do at times if my tempo gets fast...

For me mine was caused by a steep downswing and a swing low and left. I had no choice but to stand up through impact.

If you take short swings in slow motion focusing on rolling on to the inside of the right foot rather than letting the right heel come off the ground. It's a strange feeling when you are used to what you do but i can pretty much guarantee you won't loose the tush line as easy...the small danger with it is you can slide instead of turn into the ball which is also bad..

I used to set a ball under the outside of my right foot just as a training wheels to remind me not to get off the heel until after impact.. it'll feel like an all upper body arms swing but it's only a feeling.

If you take short swings in slow motion focusing on rolling on to the inside of the right foot rather than letting the right heel come off the ground. It's a strange feeling when you are used to what you do but i can pretty much guarantee you won't loose the tush line as easy...the small danger with it is you can slide instead of turn into the ball which is also bad..

Sorry guys. I realize it’s not the same. I was mostly referring to my pelvic tilt at address. That’s what the entire thread has basically been about and what I was having such a hard time with

Hey 00bolt, did you fix this early extension?

Did you ever get down to a 3 yet?

Haven’t been on any golf sites for a while...looking back at more interesting topics such as yours.

BTW, are you standing more upright now?