Is golf your most expensive hobby?

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nope...marriage is lol

The way i see it, golf and related expenses are just a "cost of living". Without it id lose my sanity and not be able to live!!   I have to agree with a few of the guys above in saying its a lifestyl

No. Bass fishing is much more expensive between the boat, baits and high end rods and reels it isn't even close.

Kids cost well into the six figures by the time you’re done with them, so I’d say the outcome of my winter hobby is more costly than golf.

Ice fishing consists of a few larger transactions but is cheaper on a per-time basis. RC cars are expensive and it depends on the day and when they decide to break, but I haven’t done a cost analysis on that one yet.

Kids cost well into the six figures by the time you’re done with them, so I’d say the outcome of my winter hobby is more costly than golf.

Ice fishing consists of a few larger transactions but is cheaper on a per-time basis. RC cars are expensive and it depends on the day and when they decide to break, but I haven’t done a cost analysis on that one yet.

I see what you did there.

Last year while keeping our budget, my wife informed me that golf related transactions resulted in almost $8 for 2018. In my defense this was after two of our kids picked up the sport, my son playing on the high school team, and my inability to stick with one set of irons and shaft/grip combinations. Over $2K of that was also playing on the Golfweek Am Tour but the majority is probably linked to tinkering/ADD.

I always remind her there are far worse things I could be doing.

For a while shiny firearms edged ahead in the race but I'm pretty set for the next 6 apocalypses, so golf is easily my most expensive hobby.

TS 3 8.5º w/ LAGP TOUR AXS 70X
917F3 16.5º w/ Grafalloy blue
T-MB 2 iron C-Taper
Mizuno MP-5,  4-9 C-Taper
SM6 47º, 52º, 56º, 60 C-Taper
Scotty Special Select Newport 2, 35" Tour Issue X7, Hard stepped x2, Tipped 2"

Last year while keeping our budget, my wife informed me that golf related transactions resulted in almost $8 for 2018. In my defense this was after two of our kids picked up the sport, my son playing on the high school team, and my inability to stick with one set of irons and shaft/grip combinations. Over $2K of that was also playing on the Golfweek Am Tour but the majority is probably linked to tinkering/ADD.

I always remind her there are far worse things I could be doing.

LOL...I tell my wife the same thing.

"What do you need 15 sets of clubs for...do you really need a new driver???"

"Eh...it's better than a habit involving illegal drugs..."

With three kids golf is my only hobby. So...

I’m now in the same boat. Just had my 3rd last Saturday. All boys, so in about 10 years my foursome is set! I used to be a huge car guy. Every time my wife complains how much golf costs, I remind her of the old days! My new M3 driver was also delivered last Saturday. Wonder when I’ll get to use it... lol

Firearms used to be my hobby before my friend got me into golf. The weapons, ammo, and range time are not cheap. Been over that hobby for a while. Trying to sell a lot of that stuff now.

My shooting hobby costs about same as golf, guns last a lot longer than golf clubs, so those costs I amortize over a longer period....now that I'm a reformed Club Ho, only money on golf is green fees and drinks for the most part.

Nope. The boat is and it aint even close.

This !!!!!!!!!!!

But it's not really a hobby just a money pit.

BOAT = Bring On Another Thousand

Let’s see......as a guitar player, I could spend $100 on string sets and be good for a whole year.

As for my golf, I’m about $800 in for the year so far on a full bag makeover and still buying clubs with snow on the ground and sub zero wind chills. Plus the dollars I’ll spend on gloves, balls, range buckets, and rounds the upcoming season....

Yeah.....golf easily hits the pocketbook hardest......but it’s so much fun. Guess it’s true what they say....if it’s got an engine, if it’s shiny, or if it’s got boobs.....it’s going to cost ya!

Fly Fishing. Just looking at gear alone I have everything from Spey rods for salmon/steelhead, bone fishing set ups and then all the way down to 0 wt set ups. All the fly tying equipment, waders, etc on top of that. This doesn't include the boats I use on lakes and rivers. Or the travel costs to get to these places.

But now I golf more.